GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Malavita), 199 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,611
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,092
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,378
Posts1,059,596
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GFII bloopers #6928
02/21/04 02:31 PM
02/21/04 02:31 PM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline OP
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline OP
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
Visible crew/equipment: After the first scene showing the plane starting up it's engines and turning around, we are shown another scene of rioters throwing slot machines out of a club. In the bottom centre of the screen you can see a silhouette of what looks to be a part of a jigsaw puzzle piece on the camera. The object must be on the camera because when the camera pans to the right and down, the silhouette stays in the same position in the picture. (Time visible to members)

Revealing: When they are questioning the senator about the dead prostitute you can clearly see the corpse breathe when he sits next to it. (Time visible to members)

Factual error: At the New Year's party, when everybody is running out from the goverment's palace, you see the flags at the entrance are from Cuba, but the coat of arms is from Dominican Republic (the country where this scene was filmed). (Time visible to members)

Factual error: When Michael arrives at Hyman Roth's house you can see the 1974 State of Florida green inspection sticker on Michael's car. The movie's supposed to be in the late 50's. (Time visible to members)

Continuity: In the scene where Vito's mother is at Paolo's dead body, she picks up his head and his right hand is clearly moving. (Time visible to members)

Other: Shortly after assassins try to kill Michael at his home, he meets privately with Tom Hagen. As Tom enters the room, the table is empty. Then, after they are talking for a few moments, Michael offers Tom a drink from a bottle of wine that has magically appeared. (Time visible to members)

Continuity: In the Senate delegtion hearings, Michael made his speech saying he was awarded the Navy Cross. When you see Michael in uniform in Godfather I, he is wearing a Silver Star ribbon. (Time visible to members)

Factual error: In Cuba, they are passing the "telephone made of gold" from one to the other. When Roth gets it he lifts it easily with one hand. If it were made of gold it would be very heavy, and Roth would have a hard time lifting it since he is 80 years old and very sick. (Time visible to members)

Continuity: When Clemenza is shown rolling up the red carpet to give to the young Vito Corleone it is only 6 feet wide but when Vito and Clemenza are shown going up the steps into the building where Vito lived they where both shouldering a rolled up carpet that was 12-15 feet long and later when it was shown on Vito's floor it was back to 6 feet. (Time visible to members)

Plot hole: Al Pacino is accused of killing the 5 family leaders in 1950. In "Godfather part I" the killing of the 5 family leaders took place in 1951. (Time visible to members)

Factual error: In the scene of young Vito Corleone coming to America, his ship passes the Statue of Liberty going the wrong way, south, whereas the docks of Manhattan, where immigrants were dropped before being ferried to Ellis Island, are to the north. (Time visible to members)

Continuity: During Godfather I, when Michael was plotting the assassinations of the 5 family heads, he mentions to his father that his son Anthony is thee years old, and 'reading the funny papers.' In Godfather II, we begin at Anthony's first comunnion, and the date given is 1958. Yet, later at the party, Kay mentions to Michael that 7 years ago he promised the family would be completely legitimate. This was before they married and Anthony was born. (This promise was part of Michael's proposal to Kay.) 7 years ago would be 1951, so how could Anthony be 3 years old then? (Time visible to members) Submitted by ANTLYN

Continuity: On the porch in one of the flashback scenes, young Vito is holding baby Michael. Behind them is a guy playing a Gibson-style flat-top guitar that hadn't been invented yet. (Time visible to members)

Factual error: After the scene at the theater where Vito learns about Fanucci the "Black Hand", there's a long scene panning along the street, and there's a fire burning in a 55 gallon steel drum. The year is 1917, and the drum wasn't invented until later. (Time visible to members)

Continuity: In the scene where Michael tries to explain to Tom why he has to keep things secret from him, Tom is wearing different pyjamas under his bathrobe in alternating shots. (Time visible to members) Submitted by Nancy<>Felix

Continuity: The last scene is a flashback where Vito's offspring are waiting for him at his birthday, where a few things don't look OK. First Sonny introduces Tom's "girl" Teresa who seems to be more a housemaid as her only duty is to set the table and carry the birthday cake away. Then Sonny and Michael start a fight where Sonny's tightly buttoned jacket opens up and closes within seconds. Finally Fredo disappears from his seat and we don't know why and how. (Time visible to members) Submitted by Nancy<>Felix

Continuity: Near the end we see some leaves being blown along by a strong wind at Michael's estate. However, the trees in the background don't move at all. (Time visible to members) Submitted by Nancy<>Felix

Continuity: When Michael tells Fredo that he doesn't want to see him again Fredo is lying shattered in his reclining chair with his arm hanging down. When the camera angle changes Fredo's arm is lying on the armrest. (Time visible to members) Submitted by Nancy<>Felix

Visible crew/equipment: In one of the flashback scenes Fanucci climbs onto Vito's car. When Fanucci tells him that he and his friends should pay him more respect there's a rather large reflection of the crew in one of the cars driving by. (Time visible to members) Submitted by Nancy<>Felix

Continuity: When Michael and Fredo sit on a restaurant terrace in Havana there's a lady sitting at a table behind Fredo who switches seats back and forth. (Time visible to members) Submitted by Nancy<>Felix

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.
Re: GFII bloopers #6929
02/24/04 07:03 PM
02/24/04 07:03 PM
London
boneear Offline
Made Member
boneear  Offline
Made Member
London
Shaaaaaadaaaaaaaaaap

"And a little bit o' wine. An' a little bit o' sugar, and that's my trick."
Re: GFII bloopers #6930
02/24/04 07:39 PM
02/24/04 07:39 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
originally posted by johnny ola:

"Continuity: During Godfather I, when Michael was plotting the assassinations of the 5 family heads, he mentions to his father that his son Anthony is thee years old, and 'reading the funny papers.' In Godfather II, we begin at Anthony's first comunnion, and the date given is 1958. Yet, later at the party, Kay mentions to Michael that 7 years ago he promised the family would be completely legitimate. This was before they married and Anthony was born. (This promise was part of Michael's proposal to Kay.) 7 years ago would be 1951, so how could Anthony be 3 years old then? (Time visible to members) Submitted by ANTLYN"
I don't know if I'm right, but I understood that you are saying that Anthony couldn't be 3 years old when Michael talked to Vito about him, just before Vito's death. if this is not what you meant ignore what I'm gonna say.

why couldn't Anthony be 3 years old at that time? just because in the scene before Michael talked to Kay and they were not even married? well, let's just assume that there was a lot of time between the two scenes.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: GFII bloopers #6931
02/24/04 08:01 PM
02/24/04 08:01 PM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline OP
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline OP
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
Originally posted by Tony Mosrite:
[b]originally posted by johnny ola:

"Continuity: During Godfather I, when Michael was plotting the assassinations of the 5 family heads, he mentions to his father that his son Anthony is thee years old, and 'reading the funny papers.' In Godfather II, we begin at Anthony's first comunnion, and the date given is 1958. Yet, later at the party, Kay mentions to Michael that 7 years ago he promised the family would be completely legitimate. This was before they married and Anthony was born. (This promise was part of Michael's proposal to Kay.) 7 years ago would be 1951, so how could Anthony be 3 years old then? (Time visible to members) Submitted by ANTLYN"
I don't know if I'm right, but I understood that you are saying that Anthony couldn't be 3 years old when Michael talked to Vito about him, just before Vito's death. if this is not what you meant ignore what I'm gonna say.

why couldn't Anthony be 3 years old at that time? just because in the scene before Michael talked to Kay and they were not even married? well, let's just assume that there was a lot of time between the two scenes. [/b]
Please understand, that I just cut and pasted the info from another website. To be honest all this math makes as confused as listening to Abbott and Costello doing "Who's on First" lol confused grin

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull