GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ben54), 64 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,684
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
conclusion of the novel #48019
01/17/02 12:00 AM
01/17/02 12:00 AM
New York
M
Michael_Corleone Offline OP
Button
Michael_Corleone  Offline OP
M
Button
New York
the novel tacitly conluded that michael's son would grow up to be the next godfather. it's sad that the movie series did not do much to develop anthony's character

"Never hate your enemies, it affects your judgement!" --Al Pacino in Godfather III
Re: conclusion of the novel #48020
01/17/02 02:16 PM
01/17/02 02:16 PM
S
Sonny Offline
Underboss
Sonny  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally posted by Michael_Corleone:
the novel tacitly conluded that michael's son would grow up to be the next godfather. it's sad that the movie series did not do much to develop anthony's character

I can't see that in the novel...I thought that the only conclusion was that Mike grew up to be the next Godfather...

As for the movies, I always thought that even after GFIII, Anthony would still be able to replace Vincent as Head of the Family. He is almost a Copy of Mike in his youth (before his father was shot)...

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."
Re: conclusion of the novel #48021
01/25/02 10:04 PM
01/25/02 10:04 PM
Glasgow
Sermanni Offline
Made Member
Sermanni  Offline
Made Member
Glasgow
Yeah Anthony was Mike's son. But I don't think he could have taken over the family. He knew about Fredo, and it seemed to me he loved Fredo as a boy

Cicci, a porta.

Could you get me off the hook Tom? For old times sake?
Re: conclusion of the novel #48022
02/06/02 10:25 PM
02/06/02 10:25 PM
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Anthony Spilotro Offline
Capo
Anthony Spilotro  Offline
Capo
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Originally posted by Sonny:
I can't see that in the novel...I thought that the only conclusion was that Mike grew up to be the next Godfather...

I got the same feeling.

"Mio padre se chiamo Antonio Andolini, e questo รจ per te." - Robert De Niro to Giuseppe Sillato in The Godfather Part II.
Re: conclusion of the novel #48023
02/11/02 12:42 PM
02/11/02 12:42 PM
Baton Rouge
D
Don Sciz Offline
Associate
Don Sciz  Offline
D
Associate
Baton Rouge
Originally posted by Sonny:
Originally posted by Michael_Corleone:
[b]the novel tacitly conluded that michael's son would grow up to be the next godfather. it's sad that the movie series did not do much to develop anthony's character

As for the movies, I always thought that even after GFIII, Anthony would still be able to replace Vincent as Head of the Family. He is almost a Copy of Mike in his youth (before his father was shot)...[/b]
I agree. Wouldn't it have been nice, from the movie standpoint, if instead of Michael dying of old age in III, something tragic had become him, and Anthony (with the same instinct as his father before him) had stepped up to the plate as leader of the family. Poof!, antoher 3 installments of The Godfather. Further, imagine Vincent as his war-time consiglieri or a new caporegime!

"I like to drink wine more than I used to -- anyway, I'm drinking more..."
Re: conclusion of the novel #48024
02/11/02 06:36 PM
02/11/02 06:36 PM
Miami
D
DonAlx Offline
Capo
DonAlx  Offline
D
Capo
Miami
that would only be a dream don sciz, only a dream that i can only wish would come true

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it......It was you, Charley." - Terry (Marlon Brando), On the Waterfront (1954). One of my favorites
Re: conclusion of the novel #48025
02/12/02 10:34 AM
02/12/02 10:34 AM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by DonAlx:
that would only be a dream don sciz, only a dream that i can only wish would come true
Why would you want that to come true? Why would Vincent step down to let Anthony step up? After 1980, it's not Godfather, it's modern. Vincent wasn't even BORn in the novel, so shoot down that theory.

Re: conclusion of the novel #48026
05/22/02 07:04 PM
05/22/02 07:04 PM
Glasgow
La signora di fucile Offline
Made Member
La signora di fucile  Offline
Made Member
Glasgow
Originally posted by Sermanni:
Yeah Anthony was Mike's son. But I don't think he could have taken over the family. He knew about Fredo, and it seemed to me he loved Fredo as a boy
This is true but remember in the novel Michael loved Clamenza and Paulie, but he was still willing to see one of them killed if it meant his father's (and of course his family's - in every context of the meaning - survival). But in the movie, please don't read this in an offensive mannor, Anthony seems a bit, well quite frankly poofy, I don't mean the singing or anything, just his mannorisms. Ah but thinking upon that, wasn't Michael at the beginning, didn't Sonny make some kind of gesture about that in both the novel and the movie. OH I remember now! In the novel, it said something along the lines of there being a time when The Don worried about the masculinity of his youngest son. So have I just cancelled out my original arguement? Probably. But there's my thoughts, developed in writing on the moment. Again, sorry to bring up a subject from so long ago, but I like taking my time and reading through them.

P.S. If I were to finish the films, I would have seen Vincent shot at the end also, he was too much like his father, Anthony would have been better. And yes it might have been modern times, and the Godfather might have been no more, but think upon this logically, these sicilian traditions lasted hundreds if not thousands of years, why, just because society moved into the shallow and lazy 80's would the legend that was THE FAMILY just disappear???

You shoot me in your DREAMS and you better wake up and apologise!
Re: conclusion of the novel #48027
05/22/02 08:25 PM
05/22/02 08:25 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by La signora di fucile:
Originally posted by Sermanni:
[b]Yeah Anthony was Mike's son. But I don't think he could have taken over the family. He knew about Fredo, and it seemed to me he loved Fredo as a boy
This is true but remember in the novel Michael loved Clamenza and Paulie, but he was still willing to see one of them killed if it meant his father's (and of course his family's - in every context of the meaning - survival). But in the movie, please don't read this in an offensive mannor, Anthony seems a bit, well quite frankly poofy, I don't mean the singing or anything, just his mannorisms. Ah but thinking upon that, wasn't Michael at the beginning, didn't Sonny make some kind of gesture about that in both the novel and the movie. OH I remember now! In the novel, it said something along the lines of there being a time when The Don worried about the masculinity of his youngest son. So have I just cancelled out my original arguement? Probably. But there's my thoughts, developed in writing on the moment. Again, sorry to bring up a subject from so long ago, but I like taking my time and reading through them.

P.S. If I were to finish the films, I would have seen Vincent shot at the end also, he was too much like his father, Anthony would have been better. And yes it might have been modern times, and the Godfather might have been no more, but think upon this logically, these sicilian traditions lasted hundreds if not thousands of years, why, just because society moved into the shallow and lazy 80's would the legend that was THE FAMILY just disappear???[/b]
WHy disappear in the 80's? Because GF Films are usually historically correct.

SEE John, Gotti, Sam Gravano, Paul Castellano, Toto Reina, Clarence Smaldone, Raymond Patriarca, Angelo Bruno, Nicky Scarfo, Santo Trafficante Junior, Tony Salerno, Tony Corallo, Philip Rastelli, Jimmy Burke, Paul Vario, Henry Hill, Anthony Spilotro, Frank Rosenthal, etc.

Also see GF3 when the Commission is wiped out, and all opponents are wiped out, the Vatican Bank can no longer afford to sponsor Immobilaire...whcih means that Vincent Mancini is left with...drumroll....NOTHING! (Except an angry Uncle)

SONNY was the one that was gonna whack Clemenza AND Paulie, Mike wanted to save both of them!

But he knew Paulie was the traitor.

Anthony is Mike Junior! He'll follow the same footsteps as his father...

Good son, earns father's love young, goes to college, disobeys his father, drops out of college, tries to become a Legit member of Society, his father survives a Hit, another family member is killed. (Sonny/Mary)

As for Vincent, like father like son. He's a hothead bound to be knocked off soon enough.

At Least Sonny was his father's Favorite, Vincent never MET his father.

Vincent wasn't ENDOWED (Or else FFC would have dedicated 5 minutes to Vince screwing a girl up against the wall while others held their hands out ____________________________________________ this big....

Besides, Sonny never screwed his Cousin .

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull