GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (mustachepete, 1 invisible), 118 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,454
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,863
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,511
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
iPhone Kids and Google Glass #709050
04/07/13 05:13 PM
04/07/13 05:13 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
So everywhere I go, I see people with smartphones. They use it (or play with it) pretty much everywhere they go to, and on their way to get there as well. I took a bus last night and out of 50 ppl riding the bus maybe 4 did not have their heads buried in their smartphones. And rest assured these 46 folks got off the bus and kept on using it while walking to their homes or wherever.

This is 2013, at least in some parts of the world. It could be you or him, and someday me, if I'll ever get a smartphone. But I really have no desire right now. With kids, it is even worse. It's pretty much all they do, even when they are together. And that my friends, is scary. Scary because childhood is no longer what it used to be.

I remember school trips and all the fun we had playing in the wild. Nowadays you have kids and teenagers constantly using their phones, texting, taking pics etc. They don't even talk to their friends who are sitting right next to them. It's like zero communication in the real world. It's really sad. What kind of people are they going to be? will they be able to handle basic human interaction? it's like nothing is important unless it's online or uploaded or shared. Do you think I go too far? I don't know. When I was a kid and I was not in front of my comp, and I was outside, then face-to-face and people-to-nature interaction was pretty much alive. We used to play out in the wild or out in the street without having our heads glued to that small box in our hands. We were free!

So Google Glass is like the new toy which will enter our lives, and I guess I'm supposed to be all that excited about this advanced smartphone sitting on your eye, waiting for your orders, and i guess I'm supposed to say how technology is going forward and how bright the future looks like with this new device. But like you might have guessed, you won't hear it from me. It might be fun to feel like Arnold from Terminator for a while, but to use it all the time like any other smartphone?

And what's with this terrible need to picture or video every single thing you do? nobody's enjoying the moment anymore, people are more occupied with saving it than actually experience it.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: iPhone Kids and Google Glass [Re: Fame] #709055
04/07/13 06:06 PM
04/07/13 06:06 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Welcome to the 21st century smile. I know what you mean with regards to people with there heads down buried in there phone, i'm one of them smile

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: iPhone Kids and Google Glass [Re: Fame] #709060
04/07/13 06:16 PM
04/07/13 06:16 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
I LOVE my iPhone and iPad, but I'm not one of those guys that texts other people constantly when I'm out. I do take lots of Instagram pictures with my iPhone because the camera is incredible, but barely use the phone for texting actual calling. (having my music library in my phone is a must too) The only time I would play games on my iPhone/iPad is if I was travelling or something and had lots of down time to myself. I'm 24, it's been interesting being a young kid without all that technology, and seeing everything evolve into the digital age of YoouTube and Facebook. I'm glad I wasn't born in this digital age because I wouldn't want my parents posting a million baby pictures of me onto Facebook LOL. I also noticed at concerts no one is enjoying the concert as much and are holding their smart phone in the air trying to record everything.

You talkin' to me?
Re: iPhone Kids and Google Glass [Re: Fame] #709065
04/07/13 06:46 PM
04/07/13 06:46 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

haha, nice picture and so true..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: iPhone Kids and Google Glass [Re: DE NIRO] #709068
04/07/13 06:57 PM
04/07/13 06:57 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Great (and accurate) picture Blake. lol

Yes, technology just keeps on coming doesn't it. uhwhat AND, I am sure there is more to come before we get into a "norm". ALL the things you can do now with an Smart phone, computer or whatever. My grandkids won't remember what a landline phone is or life without a computer, and as of last Christmas, life without a Wi. Wow, just wow!

Thing is, I don't know that there is any way to stop progress. This IS the future and it seems to be rapidly developing into a totally tech world. Not that it's a bad thing at all. IF I still had little kids tho, I'd have to try to balance tech time and actual "get off your butt and move a little time." lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: iPhone Kids and Google Glass [Re: DE NIRO] #709390
04/09/13 10:17 AM
04/09/13 10:17 AM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Welcome to the 21st century smile. I know what you mean with regards to people with there heads down buried in there phone, i'm one of them smile

I don't know why you're smiling, DN. I mean look at yourself:

grin

oh and TIS, you really think we're going forward? looks like backwards to me:

wink

Blake, what about the 70's?

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull