GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 256 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,003
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,281
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
DOMA #706844
03/28/13 10:29 PM
03/28/13 10:29 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline OP
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline OP
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Who here is in favor of same sex marriage?

Does anyone else find it interesting Bubba Clinton is back tracking on the law he signed? Or is he being a good husband to his husband?

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706847
03/28/13 10:46 PM
03/28/13 10:46 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Well you know my stance East. I'm all for it

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706855
03/28/13 11:48 PM
03/28/13 11:48 PM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
DOMA! Me too!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706858
03/29/13 12:37 AM
03/29/13 12:37 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
No I meant I support gays getting married

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706865
03/29/13 12:57 AM
03/29/13 12:57 AM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
There are weird similarities between Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
Both were shot in the back of the head in the presence of their wives.
Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.
Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
Lincoln was shot in the Ford Theatre. Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln, made by Ford.
Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse. Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran
and hid in a theater.
Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706867
03/29/13 01:46 AM
03/29/13 01:46 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Who here is in favor of same sex marriage?

Does anyone else find it interesting Bubba Clinton is back tracking on the law he signed? Or is he being a good husband to his husband?

Both Clinton and Obama are total phonies on this issue. Of course, few people will bring that up here. After all, they do still have a (D) after their names, right? What has happened between the time Clinton signed it into law and now? Did he "evolve" on this issue like Obama? You gotta love how the timing is always just so.

Anyway, it looks like the court may do away with at least some of the law. California voters, after voting on this issue twice, may have their will negated by the courts. Fortunately, I don't live there. I saw a map on the cover a newspaper the other day and the states that allow this absurdity are still relatively few, thank God.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706901
03/29/13 08:06 AM
03/29/13 08:06 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Again your opinion ivy. A good philosophy to have in life is 1. Love and 2. Live and let live. You seem to have a hard time doing both. My personal belief: I do not give a fuck if gays get married. Because it doesn't affect me in the slightest. Good day

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706904
03/29/13 08:23 AM
03/29/13 08:23 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
I got no problem with gay people getting married, if they want to do it, let them. As long as they don't go brainwashing the society so they become gay also, till then it doesn't matter to me at all.

Re: DOMA [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #706913
03/29/13 09:08 AM
03/29/13 09:08 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Again your opinion ivy. A good philosophy to have in life is 1. Love and 2. Live and let live. You seem to have a hard time doing both. My personal belief: I do not give a fuck if gays get married. Because it doesn't affect me in the slightest. Good day

As I've pointed out before, how this country wants to define marriage was decided over a century ago when polygamy was outlawed. Since then, where was all the moral outrage by those now in favor of gay marriage? Back then, these were people who were actually being denied their rights, according to the Constitution. But not a peep from anyone, even though the same arguments you've used could be used there, PLUS the freedom of religion. But now, since it's gay marriage, redefining the marital institution it is apparently OK. rolleyes

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: DOMA [Re: IvyLeague] #706914
03/29/13 09:12 AM
03/29/13 09:12 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Both Clinton and Obama are total phonies on this issue. Of course, few people will bring that up here. After all, they do still have a (D) after their names, right? What has happened between the time Clinton signed it into law and now? Did he "evolve" on this issue like Obama? You gotta love how the timing is always just so.

Anyway, it looks like the court may do away with at least some of the law. California voters, after voting on this issue twice, may have their will negated by the courts. Fortunately, I don't live there. I saw a map on the cover a newspaper the other day and the states that allow this absurdity are still relatively few, thank God.

Bubba's backtracking on his greatest failure as President because 2016 Hillary could very well run again, and with the shifting public attitudes on Gay Rights, the Clintons can't have that shit without disowning it now.

(Always despised DOMA, which Clinton signed because he was a pussy and afraid of losing re-election. As a result the Federal government with DOMA created second class citizenship, a "morality quarantine" that violated a core Constitutional principle of federalism. It's remarkable how conservatives have no qualms with big government when it comes to their aid. Irony of course was if the right-wing had supported civil unions, they wouldn't be losing the public war on gay rights like they are now.)

As for Obama, he's not a phoney at all. Pure ignorance to believe this otherwise. Sure in '08 he was "against" it, but he was for it previously as a State Senator. (So his views were "re-evolving" lol.) His method is leading from behind, one step behind public opinion, continually trying to prod it towards his goals. And it's paid off.

Once he got into the Oval Office, he had his administration not even bother to defend DOMA in federal court when the lawsuits came up against it. His Republican Secretary of Defense Robert Gates used those lawsuits to argue for repealing the stupid as hell "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy in the military. Then becoming the first President publicly pro-SSM in an election year, he put the entire Democratic Party platform and machinery behind it forwards. He won re-election, and that stance apparently didn't cost him a single vote. It's now a popular, opportunistic cause.

DOMA is a tarnished legacy for Clinton, much like FDR interning ethnic minorities (mostly Japanese-Americans) during WW2. No matter how much bullshit polish one can try to put on it, the stain won't come out. And Bubba knows something about stains.

Originally Posted By: ThePolakVet
I got no problem with gay people getting married, if they want to do it, let them. As long as they don't go brainwashing the society so they become gay also, till then it doesn't matter to me at all.

How would they do that anyway? People who "become" gay usually are homosexual in the first place.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 03/29/13 09:13 AM.
Re: DOMA [Re: NickyEyes1] #706918
03/29/13 09:21 AM
03/29/13 09:21 AM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
There are weird similarities between Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
Both were shot in the back of the head in the presence of their wives.
Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.
Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
Lincoln was shot in the Ford Theatre. Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln, made by Ford.
Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse. Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran
and hid in a theater.
Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

Is there any connection to the guy sitting in front of Pee Wee Herman? That guy was also shot in the head! One would guess he had a family too Dapper! You big politicians always forget the little people!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706922
03/29/13 09:29 AM
03/29/13 09:29 AM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
the idea that the government is even involved in this in the first place is a symptom of a much bigger problem. this should be a church issue, period. if the church in question doesn't recognize same sex marriage, tough shit, find or start a religion that does. i could care less though if someone wants to marry the same sex, or if they want to have multiple wives, makes no difference to me. after all, even if married couples aren't having sex, they are still fucking each other over.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706923
03/29/13 09:33 AM
03/29/13 09:33 AM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Did I miss something? Is "evolving" the new phrase for politics or phrase for "getting votes". Ask Ivy, the Good Book talks about Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: IvyLeague] #706925
03/29/13 09:35 AM
03/29/13 09:35 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

As I've pointed out before, how this country wants to define marriage was decided over a century ago when polygamy was outlawed. Since then, where was all the moral outrage by those now in favor of gay marriage? Back then, these were people who were actually being denied their rights, according to the Constitution. But not a peep from anyone, even though the same arguments you've used could be used there, PLUS the freedom of religion. But now, since it's gay marriage, redefining the marital institution it is apparently OK. rolleyes

You wanna give me a good reason why gays shouldn't be married? Other than the bible which you cannot prove came from god or for "procreation" in which gays can adopt the millions of children that are currently in orphanages. There's a video about a young man from Iowa about my age maybe younger, who was raised in by two women. He argues in a court against striking down Iowas law that allows gays to marry. I'll post the link

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706934
03/29/13 09:42 AM
03/29/13 09:42 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706935
03/29/13 09:43 AM
03/29/13 09:43 AM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Yes, ok let's say there is no Bible, we throw that out as our moral compass. Lets to with the Big Bang and Science, why do we have different parts? It goes against all the laws of nature. Joe you know me a long time, I've never bashed gays. I just don't feel they should marry legally. I'm not going to get into a nasty debate with you, nor will you change my position. Lets just say I find it appalling I have to explain to my children how men are marrying men and women marry women. When you have one of those conversations Jke then let's revisit the issue.

Joe, if you listen to anything I tell you let it be this. When you have to discuss issues and topics with your children your positions will change. There are so many issues I never even thought of until I had kids.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #706939
03/29/13 10:03 AM
03/29/13 10:03 AM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Quote: RonnieRocketAGO "His method is leading from behind, one step behind public opinion, continually trying to prod it towards his goals. And it's paid off."

That's just what the country needs, a President that leads from behind! What a joke! So your saying he focuses on opinion polls and decides from there? Why would we want a President that is looking ahead and focusing on the future instead of this shit policy on laying in the weeds, watching the public opinion pulse then deciding. These guys are suppose to be out front leading Ronnie! If your telling me "smart politics is better than smart decisions" for out country your more clueless than I thought!

Last edited by EastHarlemItal; 03/29/13 10:04 AM.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706947
03/29/13 10:19 AM
03/29/13 10:19 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Yes, ok let's say there is no Bible, we throw that out as our moral compass. Lets to with the Big Bang and Science, why do we have different parts? It goes against all the laws of nature. Joe you know me a long time, I've never bashed gays. I just don't feel they should marry legally. I'm not going to get into a nasty debate with you, nor will you change my position. Lets just say I find it appalling I have to explain to my children how men are marrying men and women marry women. When you have one of those conversations Jke then let's revisit the issue.

Joe, if you listen to anything I tell you let it be this. When you have to discuss issues and topics with your children your positions will change. There are so many issues I never even thought of until I had kids.

East I would never tell you how to raise your kids. But I can tell you how I'd raise mine. What's the definition of a moral compass? Discriminating against a group of people based on sexual orientation or supporting their right to be happy? They can't help being gay. People have been gay for thousands of years this isn't some new phenomenon. What's natural is love not the basis for a "moral society" in the 1950s. When I have kids, I'll tell them what my dad told me. "its okay to be gay, there is nothing wrong with it, simply the way people are. And if you were ever gay and told me outright you would not lose my love or care as a father"

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706949
03/29/13 10:28 AM
03/29/13 10:28 AM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Joe, when did I ever bash gays? When did I discriminate against them? Saying they should not be married is another issue all together. As for the kids, trust me its a difficult conversation. My wife does a great job, I get the secondery questions. However, I do tell them men and women belong with one another, PERIOD. They have an aunt who likes women, sucks because I like the women she likes! There those Manhatten I want to experiment girls!

Back to the topic, our world is changing so fast, you can't expect everyone to "evolve" as quickly or at all. That's another sad situation we have. People who won't change thier core values are sing attacked! Shall people be attacked for evolving? Should I say you don't stand your ground and don't stick to what you believe in? Bill Clinton back tracking on his own DOMA law is a perfect example!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #706965
03/29/13 12:00 PM
03/29/13 12:00 PM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
How would they do that anyway? People who "become" gay usually are homosexual in the first place.

I don't know how they would do it. But apparently nowdays you got all these religion groups that brainwash you to give them all your belongings.
People are different on this world, just as Hitler wanted only Aryans as the supreme nation, Alexander The Great wanted to mix all the ethnicities to make one large united one.

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707002
03/29/13 04:48 PM
03/29/13 04:48 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
East, I DO have children, and I didn't find it awkward at all to have that conversation. Kids are far more perceptive and accepting than you think. The only things they don't accept are the things they are taught to think of as unacceptable.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707005
03/29/13 05:13 PM
03/29/13 05:13 PM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
How old are you children? Sicilian Babe, I'm going to say this as polite as possible. However I'm going to be candid. I have children, not young adults such as yourself! Also I've heard your opinion on many matters relating to race, I will say living in suburbia gives you little perspective on the plight of the inner city or minorities. And to insinuate I've taught my children homosexuality is wrong is another one of your over opinionated comments! NOT ONCE DID I STATE I HAD A PROBLEM WITH HOMOSEXUALITY! I said it was a tough conversation! That's all I've said! I've gone out of my way to state I have zero issue with them'!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707012
03/29/13 05:41 PM
03/29/13 05:41 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
If you find the conversation awkward, then you obviously do have a problem with it on some level. If you think that isn't telegraphed in some way, shape or form, then you're wrong.

As for my "young adults", do you think they were born that way? They weren't always adults. As for suburbia, I didn't grow up here, either. I grew in the Bronx and moved to suburbia as a young adult, so I know exactly what the inner city is.

Perhaps YOU have pre-established opinions.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707014
03/29/13 05:48 PM
03/29/13 05:48 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
I thought you meant you currently live in Serbia lol

Re: DOMA [Re: Sicilian Babe] #707016
03/29/13 05:56 PM
03/29/13 05:56 PM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
If you find the conversation awkward, then you obviously do have a problem with it on some level. If you think that isn't telegraphed in some way, shape or form, then you're wrong.

As for my "young adults", do you think they were born that way? They weren't always adults. As for suburbia, I didn't grow up here, either. I grew in the Bronx and moved to suburbia as a young adult, so I know exactly what the inner city is.

Perhaps YOU have pre-established opinions.

I understand your children were not born young adults, however with gay marriage the hot topic of the day it's a more discussed today. Since they are young adults and gay marriage is the news of the day it's highly doubtful there was a need to discuss it several years ago! For the most part people making that decision were still in the closet.

As for when you moved, leaving the Bronx 40 years ago hardly qualifies you as being in touch with today's problems!

Last edited by EastHarlemItal; 03/29/13 06:06 PM.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707024
03/29/13 06:59 PM
03/29/13 06:59 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
If you have two consenting adults who love each other and want to get married, they should be allowed to do so. It astounds me that there are still people out there who are so backwards in their thinking that they believe people should be treated as second-class citizens based on their being homosexual. This shouldn't even be a debate.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: DOMA [Re: XDCX] #707027
03/29/13 07:31 PM
03/29/13 07:31 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: XDCX
If you have two consenting adults who love each other and want to get married, they should be allowed to do so. It astounds me that there are still people out there who are so backwards in their thinking that they believe people should be treated as second-class citizens based on their being homosexual. This shouldn't even be a debate.

I concur although an individiual's concerns should be recognized and not automatically consigned to a function of prejudice. I also concur with Babe's post above.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: DOMA [Re: XDCX] #707031
03/29/13 07:38 PM
03/29/13 07:38 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
Originally Posted By: XDCX

Married couples get tax deductions, and tax deductions means less revenue for the government. Not exactly a great idea when there is a massive growing debt and a flailing economy.

From a utilitarian point of view, tax breaks for hetero-couples is good because they may produce children who contribute to the future labor force. Biologically, gay couples cannot produce offspring. Giving tax breaks to people who sodomize each other makes no sense from an economic view and is just another indicator of the decline of this nation.

Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707034
03/29/13 07:47 PM
03/29/13 07:47 PM
On the toilet
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Because you can't get married you considered second class? I had to wait a few years to marry my wife because we couldn't afford a wedding were we second class during that time frame? And stop with the prejudice of discrimination BS. That's an easy way to get around a intelligent discussion, people use those phrases to try and scare others into staring there opinions!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: DOMA [Re: EastHarlemItal] #707056
03/29/13 09:13 PM
03/29/13 09:13 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
Not married, dont have any kids. So just me personally, i dont give a shit. Just dont shove it in my face and im fine with it. Cant speak from a parents point of veiw tho. But wouldnt want my kids being gay, or around any honestly. I dont consider myself discriminate, but i guess i am a little bit.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull