GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 157 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,839
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,306
Posts1,058,305
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE #706431
03/27/13 11:45 AM
03/27/13 11:45 AM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Interesting story about drug trafficking in brazil and africa involving cartels, african groups and lebanese organisations.

http://www.talkingdrugs.org/the-shifting-cocaine-trade

Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: Scorsese] #706447
03/27/13 12:16 PM
03/27/13 12:16 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
good find! in addition to the ever increasing size of the cocaine seizures in brazil, i remember reading a while ago that botanists have been perfecting a new strain of coca. the new strain is said to be much more tolerant of the lowland tropical climates common to much of brazil, as opposed to its natural highland moutain climates common to the large areas of columbia, bolivia, and peru where it has traditionally been cultivated. this obviously means we might expect more production itself in brazil, in addition to its location as a strategic hub in the worldwide cocaine trade.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: Five_Felonies] #706592
03/27/13 06:25 PM
03/27/13 06:25 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
I kind of forget that there are other cartels other than just mexican and columbians. I think we might start seeing more brazillian gangsters stateside in the future.

Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: Scorsese] #706649
03/27/13 10:19 PM
03/27/13 10:19 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
I kind of forget that there are other cartels other than just mexican and columbians. I think we might start seeing more brazillian gangsters stateside in the future.

Obviously there's various races and ethnic groups involved in the drug trade here in the U.S. But when it comes to who's bringing the drugs in and being the main wholesalers initially, it's mainly the Mexicans in every part of the country except the northeast; specifically from New York/North Jersey and northward into New England. The Mexicans have already supplanted the Colombians in South Jersey/Philadelphia and southward into the mid-Atlantic states, and even rival the Colombians in South Florida now. The Mexicans already have a strong presence in the northeast and it probably won't be too long before they are the top traffickers there too.

The Colombians may still maintain a presence along the east coast or may pull back even further. The Dominicans will probably continue to be major distributors for the Colombians and Mexicans. The Asians are significant traffickers in several cities scattered across the country but it's usually drugs that don't bring them into direct competition with the Hispanic groups; specifically high-grade marijuana and ecstasy.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: IvyLeague] #706655
03/27/13 10:37 PM
03/27/13 10:37 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Also, you have to add the Nigerian enterprises. They have an influence in cities where heroin is the major market; Chicago, Baltimore, and etc.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: Scorsese] #706660
03/27/13 11:28 PM
03/27/13 11:28 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
Coke is a good market to get into at the retail level. (Comparatively) If u look at other retail level drugs to get involved in, coke has the biggest upside. Of coarse, depends where u are too.... With weed you have little risk, but little money unless u start selling zips. Pills, h, who wants to be around all those junkies? Meth? Same. Coke is harder punishment for weight, but the profit of a dealer with a small, regular clientele of say a dozen proffesionals, is similar to a doctor. Plus many look at the company they keep as an upside (i dont). Sure girls giving u head for a bump may be nice for a while, but i personally am tired of shallow sluts. Plus now ur getting your own coke at like 20 a g, which makes overdosing much cheaper. Yay!

Just relized i was writing about coke dealing wtf

Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: BlackFamily] #706661
03/27/13 11:51 PM
03/27/13 11:51 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
Also, you have to add the Nigerian enterprises. They have an influence in cities where heroin is the major market; Chicago, Baltimore, and etc.

If you go through the annual National Drug Threat Assessments, they give a more in depth break down from region to region. When it comes to drugs, African Americans are major wholesale players in Detroit. In California, it's a real mix of street gangs, prison gangs, and motorcycle gangs, in addition to the cartels.

For the last several years now, the main groups the Threat Assessments have listed, in the general sense regarding the U.S., have been the Mexicans, Colombians, Asians, and Dominicans. In some of them, Cubans were also mentioned but they've mostly been involved in high-grade marijuana in Florida. The Jamaicans have also been mentioned but they've also been mainly involved in marijuana distribution in New York. West African groups were mentioned in one report but didn't go into much detail. The LCN was mentioned in the 2009 report; it's drug activity mainly in the northeast not surprisingly. What was interesting is that the LCN traffics in several drugs (cocaine, heroin, marijuana, ecstasy, and prescription drugs) but is more on the mid-to-lower levels of the trade now.

I should add that the 2011 Threat Assessment was the last one since the government office who did them every year was shut down in 2012. But you can go and look at reports for the High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) in different cities.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/27/13 11:52 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: Scorsese] #706664
03/28/13 12:16 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

Yeah your right there is just brazillian badasses falling out of the sky

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: IvyLeague] #706665
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Could you explain the wholesale level? Is it the equivalent to mid-level or in some regards high-level street dealers? The only reason I mention the Nigerians was due to news articles from the 80s to current HIDTA reports on the heroin market in the US showed a few spots were Nigerian Enterprises have control of the southeast asian herion market. At one point in the 80s it was stated they smuggled about 40% percent of heroin into the US and have control over the Chicago herion market.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: BlackFamily] #706670
03/28/13 12:29 AM
03/28/13 12:29 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
Could you explain the wholesale level? Is it the equivalent to mid-level or in some regards high-level street dealers? The only reason I mention the Nigerians was due to news articles from the 80s to current HIDTA reports on the heroin market in the US showed a few spots were Nigerian Enterprises have control of the southeast asian herion market. At one point in the 80s it was stated they smuggled about 40% percent of heroin into the US and have control over the Chicago herion market.

The Nigerians may very well control the Southeast Asian heroin market in certain places. It's just that the vast majority of heroin coming into the U.S. is coming from Mexico and South America. Heroin from Southeast Asia is a relatively small amount.

Anyway, after the drugs are smuggled into the U.S. and transported to a given area, the initial sale is the wholesale level. Between that transaction and the retail sale to actual users, the drugs may go through any number of mid-level deals where they're further cut and distributed in smaller quantities.

Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #706691
03/28/13 06:38 AM
03/28/13 06:38 AM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Yeah your right there is just brazillian badasses falling out of the sky

lolorite maybe not as prevalent as other groups but when you have large quantities of drugs running through certain countries you end up with locals creating their own pipelines into the states.examples: cubans,jamaicans,puerto ricans, dominicans, belizeans and hatians have all had drug trafficking activity from their countries to their people stateside.

Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: IvyLeague] #706701
03/28/13 08:24 AM
03/28/13 08:24 AM
B
BaltimoreSteel69 Offline
Button
BaltimoreSteel69  Offline
B
Button
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Obviously there's various races and ethnic groups involved in the drug trade here in the U.S. But when it comes to who's bringing the drugs in and being the main wholesalers initially, it's mainly the Mexicans in every part of the country except the northeast; specifically from New York/North Jersey and northward into New England. The Mexicans have already supplanted the Colombians in South Jersey/Philadelphia and southward into the mid-Atlantic states, and even rival the

The Mexicans are pretty prominent in the Baltimore/DC and Northern Virgina area.

Colombians in South Florida now. The Mexicans already have a strong presence in the northeast and it probably won't be too long before they are the top traffickers there too.

The Colombians may still maintain a presence along the east coast or may pull back even further. The Dominicans will probably continue to be major distributors for the Colombians and Mexicans. The Asians are significant traffickers in several cities scattered across the country but it's usually drugs that don't bring them into direct competition with the Hispanic groups; specifically high-grade marijuana and ecstasy.

"Some of those guys, they didn't go off their blocks. They wouldn't go out of their own neighborhoods-I'm talking for fifty years." - Henry Hill
Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: Scorsese] #706728
03/28/13 11:37 AM
03/28/13 11:37 AM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
just a bit of clarification regarding the nigerians: any heroin they move is likely to be of SOUTHWEST asian origin, meaning produced in afganistan and pakinstan to a lessor extent, as opposed to southeast asian heroin, produced primarily in burma, with smaller quantities produced in laos, cambodia, and vietnam.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: Five_Felonies] #706866
03/29/13 01:11 AM
03/29/13 01:11 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
The Nigerians traffic both Southwest & Southeast Heroin.

- African Proverb
Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: Scorsese] #706966
03/29/13 12:02 PM
03/29/13 12:02 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i dont know why but there are over 30000 nigerians living in bangkok so i bet they are involved in heroin in the southeast asia

Re: THE SHIFTING COCAINE TRADE [Re: m2w] #706974
03/29/13 02:02 PM
03/29/13 02:02 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Also been cases of nigerians in india too. tell you who everyone would be afraid of if they got into the drug trade, The Liberians.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull