GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 62 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,158
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,812
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joe Profaci #700719
03/02/13 11:37 PM
03/02/13 11:37 PM
Jenkins Offline OP
Made Member
Jenkins  Offline OP
Made Member
This guy seems to be forgotten when discussing the ORIGINAL heavy hitters of LCN. What are ya'lls thoughts on this guy? His family seemed to be pretty stable until the Gallo brothers got pissed off in the late 50's.

Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #701620
03/08/13 03:35 PM
03/08/13 03:35 PM
Nuevo Mexico
Vigil Offline
Capo
Vigil  Offline
Capo
Nuevo Mexico
He was definitely a huge figure at the time. Personally, from what I have read, I don't think he was very able to roll with the changing times.

*** il capo di tutti capi ***

"You'll never meet another guy like me if you live to be 5, 000." -John Gotti
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #701863
03/09/13 07:15 PM
03/09/13 07:15 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
He was a power house but in reading about Gallo it seems Profaci was very greedy, but show me a boss that wasn't...

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #703309
03/15/13 09:33 PM
03/15/13 09:33 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
seems to be a legend in lcn. 'old man profaci' as junior soprano calls him was said to be a cunning fox in his day.

Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #703311
03/15/13 09:39 PM
03/15/13 09:39 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
huge powerhouse was de facto boss for over 30 yrs. had loads of business interests including one olive oil company (can anyone spot the obvious correlation to a fictional story lol)and also the story about the set up in the bar in gf 2. same thing happened to larry gallo. this guy was huge

Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #703855
03/18/13 02:54 PM
03/18/13 02:54 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
I liked this story..Today's wiseguy's wouldn't even care !!

In May 1952, a thief stole valuable jeweled crowns from the Regina Pacis Votive shrine in Brooklyn. Profaci sent his men to recover the crowns and reportedly killed the thief.

Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #703879
03/18/13 04:44 PM
03/18/13 04:44 PM
tommykarate Offline
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline
Underboss
So what's the seal with his kids.I know some are involved in the life but are they retired still active or in jail? Soldiers or captains? I bet they had alot of money from there old man when he passed

Last edited by tommykarate; 03/18/13 04:48 PM.

One thing about wiseguys...the hustle never ends.-tony soprano
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: tommykarate] #799818
09/01/14 03:30 PM
09/01/14 03:30 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: tommykarate
So what's the seal with his kids.I know some are involved in the life but are they retired still active or in jail? Soldiers or captains? I bet they had alot of money from there old man when he passed

Anyone know if Joe Profaci's sons or nephews are still living, serving the Colombo's or retired?

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Zavattoni] #799831
09/01/14 04:12 PM
09/01/14 04:12 PM
philly
SonnyL Offline
Made Member
SonnyL  Offline
Made Member
philly
Originally Posted By: Zavattoni
Originally Posted By: tommykarate

Anyone know if Joe Profaci's sons or nephews are still living, serving the Colombo's or retired?

I don't know about now but back in the 90s his son Salvatore was a Colombo capo he was close with John Stanfa and his attorney Sal Avena he was picked up on the bug in Avenas office, I believe his kid was married to Avenas kid

Last edited by SonnyL; 09/01/14 04:14 PM.
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #799832
09/01/14 04:13 PM
09/01/14 04:13 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
great posts.. I have remembered some things I read about joe profaci,he was extremely wealthy, and was notorious for being cheap. he was charged sometime in the fifties for watering down his olive oil, he paid a fine. he was real old school and as greedy as they come. the book I read said he was worth 100 million.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #799886
09/01/14 09:05 PM
09/01/14 09:05 PM
South Carolina
C
Christy_Tic Offline
Made Member
Christy_Tic  Offline
C
Made Member
South Carolina
Many of the real life scenes from the godfather come from the profaci family. He was in the mold of genovese. Caused friction within his family to remain total control. Had gallos kill Frankie shots then went back on his word. Although his family was smaller it had some major earners. Johnny bath beach, Mimi scialo, sonny franzese, persicos, gallos and scarpa. The profacis compared w there size def made tons of $$ per crew. And they were a vicious bunch

Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #799890
09/01/14 09:33 PM
09/01/14 09:33 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
What do I think about Profaci? One can only guess. My guess is that he was primarily a drug trafficker with unique drug trafficking connections stretching back to his native village of Villabate in Sicily. I have no basis for believing that though.

The Gallos were being backed by other bosses of other families so that those bosses together with the Gallos could take over Profaci's drug trafficking operations. In other words, the Gallo-Profaci war was a drug war. But again, I have no basis for that supposition.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Alfa Romeo] #799900
09/02/14 01:40 AM
09/02/14 01:40 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Profaci was not a drug trafficker. He was the "olive-oil king". A multi millionaire. No need for him to go into drugs. He was extremely devoted to his businesses. There´s very little info on him which shows how low key he was. Did he use his connections/muscles in order for his businesses to flourish? Absolutely! Was he a murderer? Absolutely! But a drug trafficker he was not.

It´s amazing how many tough, stone cold killers that "small" Family of his has produced. Johnny Oddo, Bonasera, Sally Mussacchio, Greg Scarpa Sr, Carmine Persico and his brother Alphonse, Sonny Franzese, Mimi Scialo, Jiggs Forlano, the Gallo brothers, Allie Giannattasio, Joe Jelly, Rocky Miraglia, Charlie "Moose" Panarella, Tommy Spero etc, etc. All heavy hitters and deadly serious.

Pete "The Greek", Joey Gallo´s bodyguard explained in his book The Sixth Family his anger and disgust over Jimmy Breslin´s The Gang That Couldn´t Shoot Straight: "The writer our crew would have loved giving a beating to was Jimmy Breslin. The whole thing was funny. The Profaci war was just a bunch of laughs. Well, Breslin should have spent one night with us, found out what it would feel like if some Profaci clipped him in the ass. Even with a small Baretta, he wouldn´t be fucking laughing. That´s for sure!"

[Linked Image]
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: HairyKnuckles] #799908
09/02/14 04:47 AM
09/02/14 04:47 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
It´s amazing how many tough, stone cold killers that "small" Family of his has produced.

The tiny size of that Family and the fact that their founding Boss came out of almost nowhere and was made an equal to the other Bosses on the Commission back in the early 30's is what alerts me to the possibility that this man and his tiny family had to have some kind of high powered way of making money.

Quote:
In 1959 federal authorities caught on to Profaci’s drug trafficking having seized crates of hollowed out oranges that Profaci imported from Italy. Inside the oranges authorities found baggies of heroin with a total weight of 110 pounds. Despite having tape a phone conversation with Profaci and another man in Italy, authorities did not have enough evidence to charge him with a crime.

That quote comes from the below link:

http://americanmafiahistory.com/giuseppe-joe-profaci/

Now if in fact Profaci was a Heroin importer from the very beginning, it would explain many things. If one reads about a character named "Antonio Cottone" who basically was Profaci's representative back in Villabate, one learns that it was Cottone that Profaci was caught conversing with about the Heroin filled oranges.

I am pretty sure Profaci was a high powered drug trafficker. Only thing I am not sure about is when he began. Right now there isn't much to go on to make the case that the Mafia was into illicit drugs big back in the early 30's. To everyone, bootlegging alcohol was the major black market of that era. However if I get more info, I will share it.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Alfa Romeo] #799910
09/02/14 05:39 AM
09/02/14 05:39 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: Alfa_Romeo
Quote:

[quote]In 1959 federal authorities caught on to Profaci’s drug trafficking having seized crates of hollowed out oranges that Profaci imported from Italy. Inside the oranges authorities found baggies of heroin with a total weight of 110 pounds. Despite having tape a phone conversation with Profaci and another man in Italy, authorities did not have enough evidence to charge him with a crime.

I know of that passage, I´ve read it a couple of times and it leaves me puzzled every time. It´s extremely unclear and indistinct. It actually makes me wonder if it´s made up. A source in that article you linked could clear this up. But there is none. I´ve read a number of files and others who have researched Profaci agree that there are no accusations of Profaci being into drugs (in those files).

Among all those narcotics violaters (and there were many of them) who were in/tied to the Mafia and who were caught in late 1950s and early 1960s, only two were said to have been linked to the Profaci Family. The first one is Sebastiano Nanni. The second one is an obscure figure by the name of Cristoforo Rubino. Valachi said Rubino was a Profaci member. But he very well could have been wrong. (My own research ties him with John Ormento and the Luccheses.)

And btw, welcome to the boards Alfa.

Last edited by HairyKnuckles; 09/02/14 05:51 AM. Reason: Added info

[Linked Image]
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: HairyKnuckles] #799913
09/02/14 05:58 AM
09/02/14 05:58 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes I am new here.

I think part of the challenge in establishing the sources for the factoid about the heroin oranges is the fact that the factoid originates from the Palermo Questura. So this is not a simple freedom of information act request to an American law enforcement agency to give up files. This is Sicilian law enforcement from 80 years ago. The Questura are supposed to be the ones who taped the conversation about the oranges.

Looking into the issue, there is a strong case to be made about Mafia heroin trafficking from even the time of the establishment of the commission. But back then it wasn't the French Connection, it was the Burmese Chinese Connection with Sicily (Profaci's Villabate, Castellemmare Del Golfo, Palermo, Trapani, etc?) being the last point in refinement and shipment before reaching the United States as with the French Connection.

PS; Apparently with the anti Narcotics Acts being passed in the 1920's, there is legal evidence of a heroin issue in the United States before the establishment of the Commission. Evidently, drug prohibition ran concurrently with alcohol prohibition, and the mafia capitalized on both laws to enrich themselves. At this point, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that prohibition against drugs and alcohol in the 1920's was meant to give the Mafia a monopoly.

Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Alfa Romeo] #799918
09/02/14 06:25 AM
09/02/14 06:25 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
At this point, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that prohibition against drugs and alcohol in the 1920's was meant to give the Mafia a monopoly.

The Mafia is (or "was" perhaps is a better word) all about establishing a monopoly. In many ways its economic goals (and how to reach them) was an imitation of the early industrial tycoons and businessmen who had "moved up" by manipulation and domination of various markets. But I don´t agree with you that the prohibition was meant to give the Mafia a monopoly. (Perhaps I´m reading it wrong?) The Mafia was certainly not the only party in the bootlegging underworld. Jewish mobsters, Irish mobsters, Eastern European mobsters and others all gained significantly from it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Alfa Romeo] #799921
09/02/14 06:52 AM
09/02/14 06:52 AM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes I am new here.

I think part of the challenge in establishing the sources for the factoid about the heroin oranges is the fact that the factoid originates from the Palermo Questura. So this is not a simple freedom of information act request to an American law enforcement agency to give up files. This is Sicilian law enforcement from 80 years ago. The Questura are supposed to be the ones who taped the conversation about the oranges.

Looking into the issue, there is a strong case to be made about Mafia heroin trafficking from even the time of the establishment of the commission. But back then it wasn't the French Connection, it was the Burmese Chinese Connection with Sicily (Profaci's Villabate, Castellemmare Del Golfo, Palermo, Trapani, etc?) being the last point in refinement and shipment before reaching the United States as with the French Connection.

PS; Apparently with the anti Narcotics Acts being passed in the 1920's, there is legal evidence of a heroin issue in the United States before the establishment of the Commission. Evidently, drug prohibition ran concurrently with alcohol prohibition, and the mafia capitalized on both laws to enrich themselves. At this point, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that prohibition against drugs and alcohol in the 1920's was meant to give the Mafia a monopoly.

Wow, a new poster who, instead of engaging in childish name calling, actually initiates an intelligent discussion to support his points? Sounds good to me.

Welcome to the board.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Snakes] #799928
09/02/14 08:32 AM
09/02/14 08:32 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Wow, a new poster who, instead of engaging in childish name calling, actually initiates an intelligent discussion to support his points? Sounds good to me.

Welcome to the board.

Thanks for the Welcome Snakes. I've lurked far too long. I need to put in my 2 cents.

Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #799940
09/02/14 09:43 AM
09/02/14 09:43 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

that rat joe cantaloupe wrote a little bout profaci his father was close to him and Colombo. said profaci owned 2 big brownstones and in the basement of the one nxt door had a huge wooden table used for the big meetings and there was a passage from one house to the other. so guys would come in 1 house and walk underground to the next one to confuse law.

Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #799941
09/02/14 09:46 AM
09/02/14 09:46 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

its been posted here before profaci brother in laws kids and grandkids are today the biggest liquor retellers oin the tri state like worth a billion. the guy who took over after profaci died forgot his name probably more richer then that boss from buffalo whose family owned the chain of pizza places.

Re: Joe Profaci [Re: HairyKnuckles] #799951
09/02/14 10:34 AM
09/02/14 10:34 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Profaci was not a drug trafficker. He was the "olive-oil king". A multi millionaire. No need for him to go into drugs. He was extremely devoted to his businesses. There´s very little info on him which shows how low key he was. Did he use his connections/muscles in order for his businesses to flourish? Absolutely! Was he a murderer? Absolutely! But a drug trafficker he was not.

Capeci also seems to be convinced Profaci was involved in drugs. And Profaci being a multi-millionaire through legit business isn't a reason to assume he wasn't involved in the drug trade. It didn't stop him from being involved in many other crimes, up to and including murder.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 09/02/14 10:34 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: IvyLeague] #799974
09/02/14 11:42 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Capeci also seems to be convinced Profaci was involved in drugs. And Profaci being a multi-millionaire through legit business isn't a reason to assume he wasn't involved in the drug trade. It didn't stop him from being involved in many other crimes, up to and including murder.

Nothing seems to suggest that he was involved (evidence wise), other than that passage above posted by Alfa. But the way I see it, is that we shouldn´t jump to the conclusion that he was due to that we don´t know where that passage has its origin or what it was based upon. Let´s just agree to disagree.

I remember once reading about Profaci´s farm in NJ. Apparently there was a takeoff and landing strip for airplanes located on the grounds. I think I read this in a book and the author was very fast to conclude that the landing strip was used by Profaci to smuggle drugs. How absurd! All that was missing in that ridiculous story is that Profaci himself flew the aircraft and used Magliocco as his copilot. My point is that a lot of stories avialable is pure rubbish.

One thing that may be of interest is how and why Profaci became close with Joe Bonanno. Rosalie Profaci, daughter of Salvatore (Profaci´s brother) and wife of Bill Bonnano explains this in her book Mafia Marriage:

"Canada was a main source of illicit liquor at the time, and illicit liquor being a staple of my uncle Joseph’s and Stephen Magaddino’s incomes, I suppose arrangements for bringing my father into the United States from Canada were not difficult to make. It was Joseph Bonanno, Stephen Magaddino’s cousin, who was sent to Canada to ease my father’s way. When Mr. Bonanno met my father, they were both young men in their early twenties. They did not go directly back to New York, but spent a couple of months living and working together at bootlegging in Buffalo, so that by the time Mr. Bonanno delivered Joe Profaci’s little brother to him, not only had a friendship been forged, but a lasting alliance in their world."

[Linked Image]
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #799975
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
alfa romeo, im also new here and I love talking about o.c. ive had no first hand expierence, but have done extensive reading on the mob. on this site are people who are extremely vell versed on the mob. its a great site. again let be one also to welcome you here. I look forward to reading your posts.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: HairyKnuckles] #799985
09/02/14 12:05 PM
09/02/14 12:05 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Nothing seems to suggest that he was involved (evidence wise), other than that passage above posted by Alfa. But the way I see it, is that we shouldn´t jump to the conclusion that he was due to that we don´t know where that passage has its origin or what it was based upon. Let´s just agree to disagree.

I remember once reading about Profaci´s farm in NJ. Apparently there was a takeoff and landing strip for airplanes located on the grounds. I think I read this in a book and the author was very fast to conclude that the landing strip was used by Profaci to smuggle drugs. How absurd! All that was missing in that ridiculous story is that Profaci himself flew the aircraft and used Magliocco as his copilot. My point is that a lot of stories avialable is pure rubbish.

One thing that may be of interest is how and why Profaci became close with Joe Bonanno. Rosalie Profaci, daughter of Salvatore (Profaci´s brother) and wife of Bill Bonnano explains this in her book Mafia Marriage:

"Canada was a main source of illicit liquor at the time, and illicit liquor being a staple of my uncle Joseph’s and Stephen Magaddino’s incomes, I suppose arrangements for bringing my father into the United States from Canada were not difficult to make. It was Joseph Bonanno, Stephen Magaddino’s cousin, who was sent to Canada to ease my father’s way. When Mr. Bonanno met my father, they were both young men in their early twenties. They did not go directly back to New York, but spent a couple of months living and working together at bootlegging in Buffalo, so that by the time Mr. Bonanno delivered Joe Profaci’s little brother to him, not only had a friendship been forged, but a lasting alliance in their world."

I'm find agreeing to disagree, Hairy, but I'm not sure there being no specific evidence of Profaci's involvement in narcotics is all that convincing. Members from all the NY families were involved in the drug trade. I just don't find it feasible that Profaci didn't know about which of his guys were involved and didn't get his cut.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 09/02/14 12:06 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Binnie_Coll] #799993
09/02/14 12:51 PM
09/02/14 12:51 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Hey Binnie, nice to meet you. Similar interests is what it's all about.

And even if the other members haven't spoken up, the ones that did made me feel welcome by all.

I too have no first hand knowledge of Mafia. But I have read a list of books on the subject, and yes, I have formed some unique opinions. I look forward to sharing some of them as I have always enjoyed reading what is posted in this forum for some reason. It's like one big happy sitdown wink

Re: Joe Profaci [Re: HairyKnuckles] #838514
04/21/15 04:58 PM
04/21/15 04:58 PM
B
barry Offline
Made Member
barry  Offline
B
Made Member
It's hard to believe he was not into drug trafficking ... Bonnano was knee deep into heroin ... c'mon his alignment with bonnano gave him bonnano most of his power . he influenced him in many way's

Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #838524
04/21/15 08:22 PM
04/21/15 08:22 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
joe profaci was probably the cheapest boss in all of LCN, he still charged all of his guys dues long after other families abandoned them.

he was the largest olive oil importer in the U.S. and still added water to his olive oil, the government levied a hugh fine against him for that.

his cheap ways largely caused the gallo revolt against him.

Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #838527
04/21/15 09:35 PM
04/21/15 09:35 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Profaci was more in line with a Genovese than a Gambino. He secured immense power for his family whilst throwing their lives away if even slightly provoked.

The american mafia yahoo group has a bunch of old archives regarding mobsters from the 20's and 30's. There was a thread speculating that there was a Brooklyn boss whose family preceded Profaci, thus explaining his almost "instant" rise to power (it wasn't so instant.) I couldn't find the thread but I believe this is the website.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/americanmafia/conversations/messages/263

^ A separate conversation regarding Profaci

If anyone can dig it up there was a lot there.

Re: Joe Profaci [Re: Jenkins] #838531
04/22/15 02:20 AM
04/22/15 02:20 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
BarrettM, it is hard to trace these mafia groups origins as there were more than Just the five families operating in New York before the formations of the families.

You can trace the Profaci crime family to Joe Fontana who was killed in 1913 in Harlem. From 1913-1925, Salvatore DiBella was the boss. From 1925-1928, a Zarcone was the boss. Then Joe Profaci took over.

As for Joe Profaci being involved with drugs, there is some hints that before he moved back to Brooklyn from Chicago, that he did do some minor transactions while as a grocer to make the move. After he moved back to New York, it seems he had no more dealings with drugs personally, but members in his crime family were heavy in it. No doubt, Profaci made sure he got his cut.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull