GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Toodoped, joepuzzles234, Signor Vitelli, 1 invisible), 256 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,324
Posts1,058,608
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: All Things Philly [Re: DiBella] #867618
11/24/15 06:50 AM
11/24/15 06:50 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DiBella
Burnstein is reporting a few guys got their buttons over the summer.

http://gangsterreport.com/gr-sources-phi...ions-now-reign/

This all seems too crazy to be real.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867634
11/24/15 11:14 AM
11/24/15 11:14 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Just seems like a rehash of one of his old articles in which the same thing was stated.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867648
11/24/15 01:34 PM
11/24/15 01:34 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
There's a lot of new info in the article, I just find some of it far-fetched. Especially some of the stuff about Borgesi.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867653
11/24/15 02:53 PM
11/24/15 02:53 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
maybe it is far fetched but remember guys this is philly mob everything is crazy

plus Dave Schratwieser, it says helped write this article he is very knowledgeable about philly mob

Last edited by gangstereport; 11/24/15 02:54 PM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867654
11/24/15 03:14 PM
11/24/15 03:14 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
So Borgesi isn't kicking up?

Re: All Things Philly [Re: gangstereport] #867657
11/24/15 04:01 PM
11/24/15 04:01 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
maybe it is far fetched but remember guys this is philly mob everything is crazy

plus Dave Schratwieser, it says helped write this article he is very knowledgeable about philly mob

I don't question Scott or GR's reporting. I'm just questioning some of the details in this story. For example:

"Borgesi, according to these sources, is getting support from a stable of “hardened, street-corner toughs,” non-made guys tied to labor unions, establishing his own powerbase outside of South Philly"

How the hell did Borgesi do all this in 2 years, after being in prison for 14 years, after seemingly being shut out of the family?

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867658
11/24/15 04:04 PM
11/24/15 04:04 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
true i agree with you it does sound far fetched. Borgesi maybe his brother anthony had set up connections or maybe its guys geogre knew from when he had been on the streets i admit the labour union bit defo sounds far fetched but you never know

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867696
11/24/15 07:58 PM
11/24/15 07:58 PM
South Jersey
S
ShotgunTheRifle Offline
Button
ShotgunTheRifle  Offline
S
Button
South Jersey
[img]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hph...amp;oe=56B27238[/img]

A young George Anastasia at Gloucester Catholic High School

Re: All Things Philly [Re: SinatraClub] #867725
11/24/15 10:06 PM
11/24/15 10:06 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Just seems like a rehash of one of his old articles in which the same thing was stated.

He mentioned the making ceremony and the info about the guy being made to appease narducci and was a relative?

yeah he reported a lot of the stuff before but it links together.

I dont know, I appreciate his articles, there isnt much out for Philly especially since GA doenst do much anymore

What is so unbelievable for those of you saying it is far fetched?

People being made? It was on the tapes that there were some awaiting until Merlino got out since Ligambi didnt know them well enough

The co consig/panel stuff to appease Narducci?

The stuff about Borghesi not kicking up and putting together a crew of associates to make money on his own? Its been known he has been unhappy and pissed since he got out and his rackets were all taken over

Be specific....

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867758
11/25/15 01:08 AM
11/25/15 01:08 AM
USA
JoeSlim Offline
"You only live once"
JoeSlim  Offline
"You only live once"
Made Member
USA
The Newest Gangster Report

Joey Merlino-George Borgesi, interesting but I don't believe it ..

The Philadelphia mob infused its’ ranks with some new blood recently, per exclusive Gangster Report sources on the ground in Pennsylvania, as 53-year old Florida-based Godfather Joseph (Skinny Joey) Merlino is alleged to have conducted a making ceremony on one of his several trips back to the City of Brotherly Love following his being let off parole restrictions in the spring. According to these sources, at least three wiseguys, possibly more, received their buttons, at least one of those inductees coming from a non-Merlino faction of the crime family, specifically, reputed capo Phil Narducci’s camp, as a “conciliatory gesture.”

Narducci, also 53, and Skinny Joey don’t like each other, however, per one source, are “quietly co-existing” using Merlino’s acting boss and second- in-command Steven (Handsome Stevie) Mazzone, who Narducci gets along with and respects, as a “buffer.” Even though the are the exact same age, Narducci and Merlino represent different eras in the city’s mob history, as well as two of at least four emerging subgroups currently operating in the fractured-yet-still-churning-and-burning Philly mafia.

The source, intimately familiar with a number of the fragile Family’s cliques, claims the making ceremony took place in late August or early September at a residence in South Philly and was the first Skinny Joey has held since his release from prison almost five years ago. Word on the street is that one of the new Men of Honor is somehow related by blood or by marriage to Narducci, said the source. It’s unclear if Narducci attended the ceremony.

The forever-suave and magnetic Merlino spent the summer and early fall traveling back and forth between Boca Raton, South Philly and the Jersey Shore, with a portion of his trips to Pennsylvania being used, per sources, attempting to mediate a festering beef between his former underboss Marty Angelina and his former consigliere George (Georgie Boy) Borgesi, both childhood friends of his, and ease tensions amongst certain syndicate members related to his own lead-from-afar ways. Borgesi and Angelina are said to be feuding over Angelina’s alleged siege on Borgesi’s rackets while Georgie Boy served time in prison and Borgesi reportedly requested permission to kill him as punishment. Per multiple sources close to the situation, Skinny Joey is being pressured by some “key” subordinates to spend more time in Philadelphia overseeing his mob family and less time living the highlife in Florida as a restauranteur eagerly glad-handing with the public.

All three of them – Borgesi, Angelina and Merlino – were convicted together in a wide-reaching RICO case in 2001, which brought down the entire sitting Philly mob administration. Angelina was busted in another racketeering case in the years that followed. Skinny Joey walked out of prison in 2011 and relocated to sunny Florida, where, according to the FBI, he’s been heading the powder keg of the Philadelphia mafia via a series of intermediaries. Borgesi, who was arrested in the same subsequent RICO that ensnared his buddy-turned-rival Angelina, but had a pair of trials end in hung juries, finally got out of the can in early 2014 and just recently got “off paper,” allowing him to meet freely with his gangster pals.

Entering the 2015 holiday season, the Philly mob is broken off into several distinct wings, per sources, splitting into four separate factions representing two different eras in the syndicate’s history: The Merlino Era of the 1990s, with one faction backing Skinny Joey himself and the other standing behind Borgesi and the “Little Nicky” Scarfo Era of the 1980s, with Narducci heading one side of the Reagan White House button men and Joseph (Joey Pung) Pungitore leading the other.

In the FBI’s opinion, Merlino, made into the mob in 1992 and the son of Scarfo’s underboss Salvatore (Chuckie) Merlino, remains the official boss of the Philadelphia mafia today (a job he’s maintained in one capacity or another for the last 20 years or so). Handsome Stevie Mazzone serves as Merlino’s “boss on the ground and day-to-day caretaker,” sources within Philly law enforcement say, with John (Johnny Chang) Ciancaglini filling Merlino’s underboss role and Johnny Chang’s dad, Joseph (Chickie) Ciancaglini, Sr. and Borgesi’s uncle, Joseph (Uncle Joe) Ligambi, – Merlino’s street boss when he was away at college from 2000-2011 -, acting as twin advisors and dual consiglieres.

Chickie Ciancaglini came out of prison after three decades last year and is officially the Family’s No. 2, but it’s a designation more ceremonial in nature, per this source. Ligambi was caught on federal audio surveillance in 2010 telling mobsters from New York that there were three guys he didn’t want to make because he didn’t know them well enough and was going to let Merlino do it when he came home from the big house – speculation is that the 2015 ceremony was for that purpose.

Narducci and Pungitore, both of whom got sprung from two-decade bids behind bars in the past few years and are second-generation Goodfellas, are considered capos loosely affiliated with the traditional Philly mob led by Merlino and his crew of staunch loyalists, which used to include Borgesi, but apparently doesn’t any longer. Sources say Narducci and Pungitore each pass “an envelope” to Mazzone or Mazzone’s people on a monthly basis and Narducci has “a lot of young guys” lining up in his corner. Borgesi, according to these sources, is getting support from a stable of “hardened, street-corner toughs,” non-made guys tied to labor unions, establishing his own powerbase outside of South Philly and apparently not kicking up any tribute to Merlino or Mazzone.

*FoxPhilly’s award-winning investigative reporter Dave Schratwieser, a go-to Philly mob pundit for years, was consulted for portions of this article

"You treat me good I treat you better, you treat my bad I treat you worse" #respect
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867759
11/25/15 01:09 AM
11/25/15 01:09 AM
USA
JoeSlim Offline
"You only live once"
JoeSlim  Offline
"You only live once"
Made Member
USA
What's up guys I havent been on here posting in awhile, but I been still interested in Philly so I figure I post this, happy thanksgiving to all ...

"You treat me good I treat you better, you treat my bad I treat you worse" #respect
Re: All Things Philly [Re: Ted] #867760
11/25/15 01:12 AM
11/25/15 01:12 AM
USA
JoeSlim Offline
"You only live once"
JoeSlim  Offline
"You only live once"
Made Member
USA
Just realized you posted this, my bad

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867761
11/25/15 01:46 AM
11/25/15 01:46 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Personally I think it's doubtful the families split into FOUR factions. In a family of 40 buttons that's 10 guys a piece. That's capo level.
Are all four of Phillis crews now their own small families?
I highly doubt it.

I don't doubt there may be a dissatisfied faction within the family. But FOUR. Cmon.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: All Things Philly [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #867762
11/25/15 02:16 AM
11/25/15 02:16 AM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Personally I think it's doubtful the families split into FOUR factions. In a family of 40 buttons that's 10 guys a piece. That's capo level.
I highly doubt it.

I don't doubt there may be a dissatisfied faction within the family. But FOUR. Cmon.
Factions doesn't mean separate families, it means the guys under a certain guy, are more loyal to him, then the admin, or current boss.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867763
11/25/15 02:17 AM
11/25/15 02:17 AM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
And Phil Narducci doesn't respect Merlino, cause there the same age, and Narducci was blowing guys heads off in the street, while Merlino was getting in bar fights and hiding behind his dads name.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: mackinblack007] #867775
11/25/15 06:14 AM
11/25/15 06:14 AM
D
dave213 Offline
Button
dave213  Offline
D
Button
Originally Posted By: mackinblack007
And Phil Narducci doesn't respect Merlino, cause there the same age, and Narducci was blowing guys heads off in the street, while Merlino was getting in bar fights and hiding behind his dads name.

Narducci had to go the extra mile at an early age to prove his loyalty after his father's betrayal. Merlino was in a full-scale war with Stanfa and the Turras before he eventually took over the family. You would think maybe someone would mention that to Narducci. Or maybe he'll watch a couple Philly Mob docs on YouTube like the rest of us. lol

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867799
11/25/15 11:06 AM
11/25/15 11:06 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
I don't think Narducci has to be told that Merlino barely escaped a mob war with his life thanks to his main opposition going to prison on racketeering charges. And the Turras situation was by no means a "war".

I don't necessarily disbelieve what Scott is writing, it just all seems like things he's said before. We heard in one of his old articles about guys being made, and one of them was made to appease Narducci as the guy was under him. We've heard about Borgesi and him being on the outs, but this is the first time we've heard about this crew of his. And it's possible to get tied in like that after two years of prison, others have done it, Natale for example. Guys connections don't just dry up because they went to the can, some of those connections are still there evene after they come home. We've heard about Joe Pung and all of that, if this stuff is all true, it's mindboggling to me how no one has been killed or shot at yet with all these factions being at each others necks.

In unrelated news...Cowboy George Martorano has a youtube channel discussing his experiences in prison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eshFCxKWFH4

Last edited by SinatraClub; 11/25/15 11:12 AM.
Re: All Things Philly [Re: mackinblack007] #867832
11/25/15 03:28 PM
11/25/15 03:28 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mackinblack007
I highly doubt it.

Factions doesn't mean separate families, it means the guys under a certain guy, are more loyal to him, then the admin, or current boss.

Yeah I think Sonny perceived it wrong.

I think you explained it perfectly, 007

Re: All Things Philly [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #867833
11/25/15 03:29 PM
11/25/15 03:29 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I highly doubt it.

True Sonny" but something is weird !! I know Philly and they are not the norm.

But I said this many times way way before any of this was posted .

There is a chance that there is a couple heads of there family/crews .

It is not the way it was ,I have no FBI reports or news paper articles ,but I know most of the people around and true I do not have the first hand news in Philly like I did but trust me it's not right ...

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867834
11/25/15 03:37 PM
11/25/15 03:37 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Thanks Serp. Appreciate the insight.

Happy to stand corrected.

Though as stated I am surprised that such a small family could be SO splintered.

Interesting to see how it'll resolve itself.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: All Things Philly [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #867837
11/25/15 04:10 PM
11/25/15 04:10 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
No doubt Sonny I did see that . It is amazing that it has not come out.

I for one am looking forward to hear what is really going on .
Don't think it will be much longer , to quiet to long..

They have done nothing by the book and nothing conventional since Skinny took it.

Joe L yea he was a steady ship but nothing like N.Y.

Last edited by Serpiente; 11/25/15 04:14 PM.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #867879
11/26/15 06:09 AM
11/26/15 06:09 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
I highly doubt it.

6 crews by my count: Licata's north jersey crew, staino's south jersey crew, 2 philly crews (Angelina's and Lancelotti's), and two Scarfo crews. Are they both also based in philly?

And it would be pretty week factions if they started there own families. Only one faction has any real number of made men. Borgesi has none behind him, there are like 2 made men working for Pung's faction and Narducci has 3/4. That leaves about 30 guys that are behind Merlino. It's less factions vying for power and more like 3 key guys concerned about their position since recent developments (Merlino free to run the family, the trial, guys being released, etc.). Narducci's and Pung's beefs seemed to be mostly personal. If Borgesi isn't kicking up, then he would definitely being operating his own faction and he probably has the smallest crew.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: gangstereport] #867880
11/26/15 06:38 AM
11/26/15 06:38 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
true i agree with you it does sound far fetched. Borgesi maybe his brother anthony had set up connections or maybe its guys geogre knew from when he had been on the streets i admit the labour union bit defo sounds far fetched but you never know

Yeah it's the union part that has me so skeptical. Borgesi was never into the unions and is a bit of a maniac. How did he gain access to unions after 14 years in prison when the philly fam has been shutout of that racket for 20 years?

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867885
11/26/15 09:40 AM
11/26/15 09:40 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
Ted, I think you may be reading this in the wrong context. It's much more plausible to think a couple of guys George is lending money to are pilled out union workers who bought too many percs during the week on the arm. He probably also has a couple guys he's who are runners and work for the unions. It's probably where he's trying to get players for his book.

I can tell you with strong certainty that no one in philly family is running labor racketeering like you would normally associate the 2. The union officials here are largely Irish, not that they don't play, but they have higher aspirations than to get jammed up on the small residential/light commercial projects any of the south philly guys would be involved in.

The larger union jobs in the city, if they are corrupted, it's for their own personal gain, not to help LCN.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867886
11/26/15 09:46 AM
11/26/15 09:46 AM
PA
I
Itiswhatitis Offline
Made Member
Itiswhatitis  Offline
I
Made Member
PA
Very unlikely George involved in any labor influence with exception of the above offered by NickyWhip. Now onto the not kicking up, I could see Joey/ Stevie allowing George to do his own thing with the scraps they've thrown. Just in an attempt to keep him appeased. But knowing George, he's not going to be happy with this arrangement and at some point offer resistance. It would be interesting to know who he's hanging with these days. Anyone know?

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867887
11/26/15 09:50 AM
11/26/15 09:50 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
And I will add, with respect to Scott's article, he has a few things that are consistent with what neighborhood people say: Narducci has really aggravated a lot of people with his entitlement ( we heard this in he past) And soneone told me "George hates everyone right now". But, what the fuck does that mean??

I'm not surprised these guys are getting along right now. Let football die down and march madness come and go. Then see what happens. See, who, if anyone is spotted in Boca this winter. It could end a lot of speculation.

I also don't think it's wise to compare factions in terms of "bodies dropped", even though I like the idea of keeping stats on these guys like RBI, yards per carry, etc. they are all capable, experienced, and smart when it comes to that stuff.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867913
11/26/15 01:29 PM
11/26/15 01:29 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
The next guy to get whacked in Philly is Chip Kelly !!!

Re: All Things Philly [Re: Ted] #867919
11/26/15 01:50 PM
11/26/15 01:50 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ted
I highly doubt it.

6 crews by my count: Licata's north jersey crew, staino's south jersey crew, 2 philly crews (Angelina's and Lancelotti's), and two Scarfo crews. Are they both also based in philly?

And it would be pretty week factions if they started there own families. Only one faction has any real number of made men. Borgesi has none behind him, there are like 2 made men working for Pung's faction and Narducci has 3/4. That leaves about 30 guys that are behind Merlino. It's less factions vying for power and more like 3 key guys concerned about their position since recent developments (Merlino free to run the family, the trial, guys being released, etc.). Narducci's and Pung's beefs seemed to be mostly personal. If Borgesi isn't kicking up, then he would definitely being operating his own faction and he probably has the smallest crew.

Good summation Ted.

Appreciate the clarification.

Cheers.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: Serpiente] #867934
11/26/15 04:41 PM
11/26/15 04:41 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
The next guy to get whacked in Philly is Chip Kelly !!!

hahah...sam hinkie needs to as well

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867940
11/26/15 05:37 PM
11/26/15 05:37 PM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
Thank god it's over. Happy thanksgiving guys.

Boss of tha toilet!
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull