GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Mafia101), 284 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,062
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,364
Posts1,059,430
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #701780
03/09/13 11:12 AM
03/09/13 11:12 AM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline
Made Member
Southphilly4ever  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted By: JacklynnPetropoulos
Any help ID'ing peeps in this pic? I know the first on the far left is John 'Johnny Chang' Ciancaglini...

This picture is from the late 80's, The guy next to Johnny Chang may be Ralph Mazzucca (Hit years ago) but I'm not sure. The guy to the right of the guy with the hat on looks like Marty Angelina.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: Southphilly4ever] #701826
03/09/13 03:59 PM
03/09/13 03:59 PM
S
Salvie84 Offline
Button
Salvie84  Offline
S
Button
The guy next to Chang is Phil Ligambi. Joe is a few guys down looking away from the camera. Not sure who the others are.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: Salvie84] #701830
03/09/13 04:14 PM
03/09/13 04:14 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Salvie84
The guy next to Chang is Phil Ligambi.

Yep, i do believe your correct on that Salvie, it's Phil Ligambi. I knew the face looked familiar but just couldn't match it to a name. Thanks.

Here's a recent photo of Phil Ligambi from a month or so ago. He's with Borgesi's mother (Ligambi's sister) at the recent trial.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #702712
03/13/13 08:33 PM
03/13/13 08:33 PM
J
JacklynnPetropoulos Offline OP
Button
JacklynnPetropoulos  Offline OP
J
Button
(1) Felix "Skinny Razor" DiTullio
(2) Joseph "Joe the Boss" Rugnetta
(3) Vince Filipell (by far my fav)
(4) Nicholas "Nicky Buck" Piccolo (my 2nd fav)

Attached Files DiTullio.jpgJoetheBossRugnetta.jpgVinceFilipelli.jpgNicky Buck Piccolo.jpg

"Goodfellas don't sue goodfellas. . . . Goodfellas kill goodfellas." ~ Salvatore Profaci in bugged NJ mob lawyer Sal Avena's office

“This was the Volkswagen of racketeering charges” ~ Def. Attorney Ed Jacobs, Jr.

"Meanwhile, I got the uncle who wants me out of the way.... Great family, aren't they? This is what it's all about." ~Louis "Bent-Finger Louie" Monacello

"It was a wholesale annihilation.... How many times do they want to be beat? Because I'm frankly getting tired of it. They went fishing for Joe Ligambi, and the jury gave them Gary Battaglini.” ~ Def Atty Christopher Warren
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #702714
03/13/13 08:38 PM
03/13/13 08:38 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Jacklynn lol at vince (your fav) the size of that guy in that picture compared to the most recent ones of him he's probably been addicted to juice for 20 years..I know one of Stanfa old boyguard's Freddie Alrich or something he was a marine that saved stanfa's son life died within the past few years

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: All Things Philly [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #702716
03/13/13 09:00 PM
03/13/13 09:00 PM
J
Button
J
Button
Ur right on both ur thoughts...Vince "Mr. Universe" Filipelli is a known juicer in the Cherry Hill NJ area. And Fred Aldrich (who was brought in "undercover" by Ron Previte)was a former marine and did save both Stanfa and his son's lives.

Filipelli, Aldrich, and Previte were referred to as Stanfa's "Palace Guard"

"Goodfellas don't sue goodfellas. . . . Goodfellas kill goodfellas." ~ Salvatore Profaci in bugged NJ mob lawyer Sal Avena's office

“This was the Volkswagen of racketeering charges” ~ Def. Attorney Ed Jacobs, Jr.

"Meanwhile, I got the uncle who wants me out of the way.... Great family, aren't they? This is what it's all about." ~Louis "Bent-Finger Louie" Monacello

"It was a wholesale annihilation.... How many times do they want to be beat? Because I'm frankly getting tired of it. They went fishing for Joe Ligambi, and the jury gave them Gary Battaglini.” ~ Def Atty Christopher Warren
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #702717
03/13/13 09:02 PM
03/13/13 09:02 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss

Filipelli's latest snapshot off the NJ DOC site.

Looks like he was released last year.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #702747
03/13/13 11:47 PM
03/13/13 11:47 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Ur right on both ur thoughts...Vince "Mr. Universe" Filipelli is a known juicer in the Cherry Hill NJ area. And Fred Aldrich (who was brought in "undercover" by Ron Previte)was a former marine and did save both Stanfa and his son's lives.

Filipelli, Aldrich, and Previte were referred to as Stanfa's "Palace Guard"

Stanfa was a troubled man

Genovese Family."
Re: All Things Philly [Re: Southphilly4ever] #702908
03/14/13 02:56 PM
03/14/13 02:56 PM
J
Button
J
Button
Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever

This picture is from the late 80's, The guy next to Johnny Chang may be Ralph Mazzucca (Hit years ago) but I'm not sure. The guy to the right of the guy with the hat on looks like Marty Angelina.

Anyone have a pic of Ralph Mazzucca alive? lol

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #702912
03/14/13 03:10 PM
03/14/13 03:10 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Anyone have a pic of Ralph Mazzucca alive? lol

Jacklynn, George Anastasia did one of those Mob Scene video's on the Mazzuca murder. Couple of not so good pictures of Mazzuca on it.

http://www.philly.com/philly/video/BC70993965001.html

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #702938
03/14/13 04:52 PM
03/14/13 04:52 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Loving these pictures guys. good work

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #702940
03/14/13 04:58 PM
03/14/13 04:58 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/enter...his-Sunday.html

Ex-mobster John Veasey on '60 Minutes' this Sunday

Former mob hit man John Veasey's biography details his work for one of the city's mob organizations, the hits he carried out, the attempt on his life, and more. Ex-Philly mobster John Veasey will be the subject of a "60 Minutes" segment this Sunday at 7 p.m.

Byron Pitts interviews Veasey, who found god after leaving the mafia and going through the Federal Witness-Protection Program. Veasey's testimony in the '90s was instrumental in bringing down mob boss John Stanfa and his associates. But if he's the angel he claims to be, what's up with the nasty voicemails he's been caught leaving for the wife of the man he suspects killed his brother, Billy?

Veasey story shouldn't be unfamiliar to Philadelphians. Veasey's life was chronicled in an e-book by former Inquirer reporter Ralph Cipriano and Fox 29's Dave Schratwieser, called The Hit Man: A True Story of Murder, Redemption and the Melrose Diner. Cipriano also wrote about Veasey's story for Philadelphia Magazine in 2010.

Check out a clip from the show below. My favorite line? "Their kids had fun when I took them camping."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/enter...l#ixzz2NY9mNu51

Re: All Things Philly [Re: spmob] #702941
03/14/13 04:59 PM
03/14/13 04:59 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: spmob
Loving these pictures guys. good work

I like that last one JackLynn posted of Nicky Buck, nicest one i think i've seen of him.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #702948
03/14/13 05:42 PM
03/14/13 05:42 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
Great pictures guys !!

Filipelli still looks like a beast...any idea what he's been up to since he got out..?

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #703077
03/15/13 01:14 AM
03/15/13 01:14 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Money Woes for Mob Boss?

By George Anastasia
For Bigtrial.net

Is the mob out of money?

Lawyers for two high ranking members of the Philadelphia crime family said this afternoon that they are waiting to hear from their clients and their clients' families before committing to represent them in a racketeering retrial tentatively set for October.

Edwin Jacobs Jr. told Judge Eduardo Robreno that members of mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi's family "are attempting to gather sufficient funds to pay me for the retrial."

Gregory Pagano, the lawyer for top Ligambi associate Anthony Staino, said he is in the same position.

Robreno asked the lawyers to let him know by the end of the month. But with or without them, Robreno said, the retrial will start in October. In the alternative, the judge could appoint lawyers should Ligambi and Staino declare that they are unable to afford representation.

A third defendant in the pending retrial, George Borgesi, is apparently switching lawyers. Christopher Warren entered his appearance for Borgesi at a status hearing this afternoon. Warren would replace court-appointed attorney Paul Hetznecker who had a scheduling problem and would not have been able to retry the case until early in 2014.

Warren, who represented mob capo Joseph Licata at the earlier trial, said Hetznecker's inability to go to trial sooner was the only reason Borgesi opted to change attorneys. Robreno tentatively approved the switch but said Borgesi would have to appear before him and waive any potential conflict issues before Warren could officially take over.

Hetznecker's courtroom performance was hard to beat. Borgesi was found not guilty of 13 of the 14 counts he faced. The jury hung on a racketeering conspiracy charge against him, Ligambi and Staino. That is the principal charge in the retrial. Ligambi also faces gambling charges.

The new trial would begin a year after the first trial which began in mid-October 2012. The trial took 10 weeks and the jury deliberated for 21 more days before delivering a mixed verdict on Feb. 5. Prosecutors said they did not anticipate a retrial taking as long.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Frank Labor said the government case would take five or six weeks to present, slightly less time than the first trial.

There were seven defendants in that case.

The jury delivered not guilty verdicts on 46 charges, hung on 11 others and found four defendants -- Staino, Joseph "Mousie" Massimino, Damion Canalichio and Gary Battaglini -- guilty of a total of five charges.

Jacobs said the verdicts "gutted" the government's case, but the prosecution spun the outcome in the opposite direction, pointing to the convictions and earlier guilty pleas from other defendants. Nine defendants have either been convicted or pleaded guilty. Only Warren's original client, Licata, has been acquitted.

Massimino, Canalichio and Battaglini were all convicted of racketeering conspiracy, the principal charge in the case. They are to be sentenced in May. Staino was convicted of two extortion charges, but his sentencing will be delayed pending the outcome of the retrial or, according to some sources, a possible plea deal involving the still unresolved racketeering charge.

Ligambi will be retried on racketeering conspiracy and gambling charges on which the jury hung. Borgesi will be retried on the one racketeering conspiracy count. Two others defendants who were severed from the first case, Eric Esposito and Robert Ranieri, are also to be tried. Esposito faces gambling charges while Ranieri is charged with loansharking.

As the retrial moves forward, Philadelphia homicide detectives continue to work on a murder case pending against Anthony Nicodemo, a mob soldier arrested in December for the gangland-style shooting of Gino DiPietro in South Philadelphia.

Nicodemo, 41, was indicted earlier this week on first degree murder, conspiracy and weapons charges. The conspiracy count would seem to imply that authorities believe the shooting involved more than one defendant.

"Stayed tuned," said one investigative source.

Federal authorities, meanwhile, continue to monitor that investigation. Nicodemo has been identified in a New Jersey State Police affidavit as a suspect in the unsolved mob murder of John "Johnny Gongs" Casasanto in 2003. That is one of three unsolved murders authorities would like to link to the Ligambi organization.

http://www.bigtrial.net/2013/03/money-woes-for-mob-boss.html#reoqsYPyOGvuIYzq.99

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #713032
04/28/13 04:08 AM
04/28/13 04:08 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

Genovese Family."
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #717278
05/25/13 02:03 PM
05/25/13 02:03 PM
J
Button
J
Button
Alright Philly fans! I have decided to turn my 6 months of research into a book that I'm going to self publish. Its sort of a Philly LCN Memory Book (half highschool yearbook and half police mugshot book). I've compiled the best of the best quotes of the Philly wiseguys and their high priced mouthpieces; quotes from law enforcement, judges, mob watchers,etc. I have a 50-page a growing chronology of significant dates broken down by persons involved, type of event (intercepted convo, convictions, prison release, arrests, etc).

It is a beast of a work so far. I'm going to shoot it over to the Dr. of all things Philly Mob, George Anastasia, sometime next week and see what he thinks.

I have pics upon pics. But if anyone has any please share.

Hopefully this little endeavor works. I am bitter with the lack of respect of Philly wiseguys in the mob publishing world.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #717281
05/25/13 02:43 PM
05/25/13 02:43 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Good luck with your book Jacklynn.

Anybody here know whats up with the Anthony Nicodemo case? Any new news at all? Has a trial date been set?

Re: All Things Philly [Re: Giancarlo] #717282
05/25/13 03:05 PM
05/25/13 03:05 PM
J
Button
J
Button
Thanks Giancarlo....and I haven't been able to find anything concerning Nicodemo case. It will be interesting to see the timing of the two trials if feds go thru on retrying Philly's Teflon Don Ligambi.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: Giancarlo] #717287
05/25/13 05:04 PM
05/25/13 05:04 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

Anybody here know whats up with the Anthony Nicodemo case? Any new news at all? Has a trial date been set?

Plain and simple hes in CFCF up state road it be a long time before he comes home.

Genovese Family."
Re: All Things Philly [Re: Giancarlo] #717381
05/27/13 12:11 AM
05/27/13 12:11 AM
T
Tally Offline
Wiseguy
Tally  Offline
T
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

No trial date set yet. Pre-Trial conference on June 25th with Judge Lerner.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867455
11/22/15 06:53 PM
11/22/15 06:53 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Bump.

Pity some of the posters in this thread aren't with us anymore.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867497
11/23/15 03:34 AM
11/23/15 03:34 AM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
This was a good thread if I remember correctly!

Death Before Dishonor
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867498
11/23/15 03:35 AM
11/23/15 03:35 AM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
Or there was another called all things philly that was going on during uncle joes trials. 20+ pages.. that was a good thread.

Death Before Dishonor
Re: All Things Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #867504
11/23/15 06:53 AM
11/23/15 06:53 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
Or there was another called all things philly that was going on during uncle joes trials. 20+ pages.. that was a good thread.

The one covering the 2011 trial among other things. Great thread.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867550
11/23/15 07:28 PM
11/23/15 07:28 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Just saw Law and Disorder in Philadelphia with BBC journalist Louis Theroux, which was very interesting as is almost all pf his work btw..

What shitholes were those neighborhoods he was in, and the mentality of those cornerboys, unbelievable.

Was like watching a real life version of The Wire..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: All Things Philly [Re: BillyBrizzi] #867568
11/23/15 09:04 PM
11/23/15 09:04 PM
H
Holyoke Offline
Capo
Holyoke  Offline
H
Capo
That Louis Theroux doc was great. He's got some other great ones. What has Louis been up to the past few years?

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867572
11/23/15 09:43 PM
11/23/15 09:43 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Looks like this was once a good thread. But I will say one thing, Stanfa never had a Florida crew, all the names mentioned in this thread as being a part of it were actually Bruno era guys who were operating in Florida while Stanfa was still a gopher. Some like Idone & a few others operated throughout the Scarfo era, and most were indicted by the early 90's.

Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867604
11/24/15 01:34 AM
11/24/15 01:34 AM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
that BBC documentary was in North Philly.. its crazy out there. its like a third world country almost lol

Death Before Dishonor
Re: All Things Philly [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #867612
11/24/15 05:44 AM
11/24/15 05:44 AM
D
DiBella Offline
Wiseguy
DiBella  Offline
D
Wiseguy
Burnstein is reporting a few guys got their buttons over the summer.

http://gangsterreport.com/gr-sources-phi...ions-now-reign/

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull