GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Big_Tuna93), 242 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,683
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29
Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #707416
03/31/13 02:29 PM
03/31/13 02:29 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

THE FIANCEE of a British soldier gunned down by former INLA boss DecIan 'Whacker' Duffy says he has "got away with murder" after being released just two-and-a-half years into a life sentence.

Last week the Sunday World exclusively revealed that Duffy is back on the streets of the capital, despite being caged for life in July 2010 for the murder of Sergeant Michael Newman in Derby, England, in 1992. The judge ordered that 39-year-old Duffy, originally from Armagh city, should serve a minimum of 24 years, but the psycho terrorist was freed under the Good Friday Agreement.

Execution Now Sergeant Newman's heartbroken fiancée Elizabeth Robinson has slammed the move as a "joke", saying it takes away her "bit of justice" and that she will never forgive Duffy for the cold-blooded execution. Derby police called to Ms Robinson's door last week to give her the news. She was just 28 when Sergeant Newman (33), was murdered by Duffy and two other INLA terrorists, Joe Magee and Anthony Gorman. Speaking to the Sunday World from her home in Chaddesden, Derbyshire, this week, Elizabeth said: "It really makes me angry, but I have to learn to deal with that.

I expected it. "Why did he give himself up in the first place? He knew this would happen. He just wants to get back to his lovely little family. It's a joke." The couple had been together for five years before Newman was executed by an 'NIA hit squad that had stalked him for three weeks. Elizabeth said she had some comfort while Duffy was in jail, but that has now been shattered.

"It doesn't bring Michael back, but they should serve their sentences. That is my bit of justice," she said. "I just look at it like he's just been allowed to get away with it." Elizabeth Robinson said she has moved on with her life, but that it has not been easy. "Not a day goes by that I don't think about Michael. While you remember someone, they are always alive. No-one can take my memories, not even them. "I haven't stopped loving him and never will. I will never forget what they have done." Elizabeth was in court in July 2010 when Duffy pleaded guilty to the mur-der and was caged for life. She found it a harrowing experience.

CAUGHT:

Clothes dumped after murder "I dared myself to look at him once because that was enough for me. My friends said that when the judge told him to stand up, he didn't quiver or show any remorse, he didn't even flinch." The terror chief told police to apolo-gise to Newman's family on his behalf, but Ms Robinson, who is a nurse, says she will never forgive him. "He wouldn't get forgiveness from inc.

That would not be closure for me," she said. Michael Newman was divorced with a six year-old daughter when he was mur-dered. He worked as a recruitment officer for the army and had never even served in Northern Ireland. He was not even wear-ing his uniform when he was murdered. His ex-wife Dawn Boyle is also angry at the decision to release Duffy.

"I just think the whole justice system is totally wrong. If we were to go over there [Northern Ireland] and do some-thing like that, we'd get life. The whole thing makes me angry," she said. "We knew he wouldn't get long because Joe Magee didn't. It took us 12 years to get Magee and he only did a couple of years. In court, they sat there with smiles on their faces because they knew they would get away with it.

" Gardai are on high alert after Duffy was set free and immediately made his way to Dublin. He is regarded as being one of most dangerous criminals to emerge from The Troubles. The return of Duffy is a hugely signif-icant and worrying development, with senior gardai expecting him to make a move to fill the power vacuum that exists in Dublin's gangland following the Real IRA civil war and the depar-ture of several major drug dealers. Infamous He is being monitored by the Garda Special Branch and left the country for a few days this week to travel to the UK.

It is understood he was meeting an associate regarding getting money to set himself up now that he is free. Duffy led the INLA in the infamous `Ballymount Bloodbath' in 1999. During the notorious incident, an INLA active service unit took six men hostage when they went to a factory in the Ballymount industrial estate in Dublin to demand money from the owner.

The men were viciously tortured, but when 12 of their friends arrived, a mass brawl ensued and INLA volunteer Patrick 'Bo' Campbell died after being struck with a machete. Duffy was caught with a note detailing exactly what hap-pened and was jailed for nine years. When he was released in February 2007 he reorganised the INLA and set about taking over from drug dealing gangs in Dublin 8.

He was eventually arrested and charged with membership of an illegal organisation. In May 2009 he surprisingly pleaded guilty before the Special Criminal Court and publically denounced the INLA. He was jailed for four years. After completing his sentence for DILA membership in April 2010, he was extradited to Britain, where he pleaded guilty to the murder of Sergeant Newman. He was shot at point-blank range in the head in what the judge described as a "heinous crime".

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #707419
03/31/13 02:37 PM
03/31/13 02:37 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

UNLA killer DecIan Whacker' Duffy's right-hand man is also back living in Dublin and has linked up with drug dealing criminals from the south inner city.

Joe 'Mad Dog' Magee is originally from Armagh, but moved to Dublin with 'Whacker' after the murder of Sergeant Michael Newman in 1992. Magee (46), was a key member of the INLA and worked as a 'thug for hire' for a number of drug dealers, • including John Gilligan. , In 2004, he became the first person to be jailed for Sergeant Newman's 'Murder, when he pleaded guilty in Nottingham Crown Court.

After being released early under the Belfast Agreement, Magee returned to Ireland - eventually moving to Dublin. A source said the convicted killer is regularly seen in the company of a drug gang based in Charlemont Street. The mob are heavily involvedin selling heroin and are locked in a bitter feud with rival criminals from the Vincent Street area.

Magee is said to be friendly with gangster's moll Natasha McEnroe - mobster Brian Rattigan's ex-girlfriend - who lives in Ranelagh. Last month,the funeral of Anthony Burke Geraghty in Raihmines. Anthony - who is the brother of McEnroe's new boyfriend Paul - died suddenly after a night out with friends on February 24.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #707421
03/31/13 02:44 PM
03/31/13 02:44 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

JAILED fraudster and bogus lawyer Giovanni di Stefano tried to ban the Sunday World from reporting the case which led to him being locked up.

In proceedings which can only be reported now, Di Stefano brazenly tried to get this paper banned from covering his trial after we had tracked him to his rundown home in Kent, England, and exposed him as a liar and fan-tasist when we confronted him outside Southwark Crown Court in London. The 57-year-old Italian was jailed for 14 years on Thursday for 25 counts of fraud and money laundering.

Di Stefano pretended to be legally qualified while claiming to represent Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden and a host of underworld undesirables, from Patrick Putchy' Holland to John `Goldfinger' Palmer. But the serial spoofer made sure his own lawyers were qualified when he tried to stop the Sunday World from exposing his activities.

Di Stefano's lawyer Leonard Smith QC claimed that this reporter was harassing his client outside the courthouse and at his home in Kent when we tracked Di Stefano to a rundown farm-house where he was living while on hail. Despite insisting he was worth C700 million, we embarrassed him about his new claims that he was building a multi-million pound media empire out of an old chicken shed in Marshside in the Kent countryside. His legal team claimed our reporting had prejudiced his trial and was unfair,

SPOOFER:

Giovanni di Stefano and asked for the trial to be stopped because of our hard-hitting questions. However, in a special hearing halfway through the two-month trial, Justice Alistair McCreath refused to criticise this reporter and rejected all demands by Di Stefano to have the trial halted and this paper banned from the press gallery., Justice McCreath refused to rule on the 'content of our stories and allowed the paper to continue to report the case and Di Stefano's ludicrous attempts at evad-ing the overwhelming evidence that was stacked up against him.

Arrogant For more than three decades, the Italian fraudster and liar relied on an honorary degree from Serbian war crimi-nal Slobodan Milosevic and membership of various international law associa-tions to claim he was entitled to act as a solicitor. Sitting behind his team of lawyers, he Cut an arrogant figure until the returned guilty verdicts on all counts of deception, fraud and money laun-dering involving more than €1.3m.

He had pre-was living in run-down countryside shack convictions for fraud which he tried to hide and had been deported as an undesirable alien from the US - but for years he continued to pass himself off as a respectable lawyer chasing some of the world's most dangerous and desperate defendants. During the trial, jurors stifled laughter as they heard him describe Saddam Hussein as "a lovely man who no-one can say a word against".

And there was shock as the jury was told how Di Stefano - who has duped some mem-bers of the Irish media into treating him seriously as a lawyer - claimed he could have got Adolf Hitler off a war crimes rap as he had nothing to do with the Holocaust. But the loudmouth fraudster, who loves spoofing to gullible reporters, had noth-ing to say when approached by the Sunday World.

Ironically, the conman, who loves to mingle with underworld killers, pleaded with us to leave him alone or he would "call the police". "How does it feel to be repre-sented by a qualified lawyer?" we asked him. "Any thoughts of representing yourself or did you think you weren't up to the job?" we asked, as the so-called Devil's Advocate ran for cover. The judge told Di Stefano:

"I recognise that you did not actively seek out those whom you defraud-ed. They came to you. You did not approach them but there is more than one kind of predator. "Some predators hunt down their vic-tims, others lie in wait for them. "Your victims in this case were all des-perate people and people who, because of their desperation, were vulnerable.'

The judge also noted that "while this case is about money, it is also about some-thing different and great - it is about the real distress you caused to many people". "You had no regard for them nor for their anguish," he said. "Your only con-cern was to line your own pockets." During the trial, Di Stefano told of his links to Robert Mugabe, Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and his "friendship" with the daughter of Slobodan Milosevic.

Boasted The court was shown a 2004 BBC docu-mentary in which he described Saddam as a "nice guy" and boasted of being asked to defend killers such as Jeremy Bamber, Harold Shipman, Kenneth Noye and Linda Calvey. Di Stefano was born in the small town of Petrella Tifernina in central Italy, but moved to the UK as a boy and went to school in Wollaston, Northamptonshire. He will have no shortage of potential clients as he spends the next 14 years at her majesty's pleasure in company of fel-low fraudsters, criminals and thieves.

After the case, Det Insp Matthew Bradford, from the fraud investigation team in the City of London Police Economic Crime Directorate, said: "This is a man who courted publicity, fame and even generated notoriety and respect for his legal services - but it was all built on his lies, deception and greed. "The irony is that among Di Stefano's clients were individuals who were being prosecuted for serious criminal offences or had a criminal background - yet they themselves became victims of Di Stefano's crimes."

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #707424
03/31/13 02:51 PM
03/31/13 02:51 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

A BRUTAL bare-knuckle brawl between the McGinley clan and Celebrity Big Brother Paddy Doherty's family took place in the UK on Sunday to settle a bitter feud.

These grim scenes show Trevor McGinley clashing with Hughie `Quie' Doherty under a motorway fly-over outside Stoke. McGinley can be seen repeatedly punching Doherty in his bloodied face during the gruelling 40-minute fight. By the end of the brawl, McGinley's arms are cov-ered to the elbows in blood from the brawl.

Trevor is the brother of legendary bare-knuckle box-er Barney 'The Gorilla' McGinley. Last year, Hughie Doherty - a relative of Celebrity Big Brother winner Paddy Doherty - starred in the Channel 4 documentary, Gypsy Blood, during which he spoke about training his seven-year-old son to fight.

However, Doherty failed to live up to his own high standards of boxing and was declared the loser after he lashed out and kicked his opponent this week. After he is disqualified, McGinley can be heard shouting: "I won. Up the McGinley, I f**kin' won.

"Respect The two men have to then be pulled apart, as Doherty aims another kick at his rival. The pair continue to argue and Doherty repeatedly attempts to restart the fight while McGinley jumps about declaring himself the victor. McGinley shouts: "I bate ya, ya f**king' muppet."

After the two fighters are pulled apart, Doherty again attempts to punch his victorious rival. McGinley says: "The fight was stopped because a man was kicked and head butt. That's why it was stopped." In a post-fight interview in a pub, McGinley attempts to put the feud to bed - acknowledging Doherty as a worthy opponent.

"He's not a bad chap but nowhere in my class of boxing. How do you bate a man you can't hurt? "No blackguarding, I hope Quie shows me the same respect," he says. The fight came after months of tit-for-tat taunting on YouTube. In September, Hughie Doherty threw down the gauntlet to Barney 'the Gorilla' McGinley in an online rant, telling him: "You're nothing but a burger king."

VICIOUS:

The brutal fight lasted for 40 minutes CLAIMS WIN: McGinley

The challenge came after Northampton-based Doherty claimed McGinley said he had beat-en members of his clan in previous fights. In the video posted on YouTube, Doherty called on McGinley to fight him. "You were arguing on the internet about another Doherty man in Birmingham. You said you'd do to them what you done to the 'Punk' sons. You did f*** all, you wouldn't fight us,"

Hughie said. "If you are man enough to fight me I'm putting it straight to you now. You hid from my brother for five year the whole world knows that and you are going around the place telling everyone you are the king. "If you want to fight, ring me and get it on," Hughie taunted. "l'm giv-ing you seven days to ring me or I'm coming to find you sausage boy.

" The reply was not long in coming from the McGinley family, who cast doubts on the Doherty clan's ability to fight. • In December,Barney McGinley and four of his sons recorded a response and uploaded it onto YouTube. Barney McGinley claimed the Doherty family would regret chal-lenging them to a fight. "We are going to be boxing ye little men.

Don't be ringing up the phones and apologising, we are not happy till we bate ye little men. Ritter "Ye're not fighting men, ye never were fighting men - ye are far from fighting men." Both Hughie Doherty and Trevor McGinley come from well-known traveller clans with a history of bare-knuckle boxing. Trevor's father, Denis `Aney' McGinley, was previously crowed 'King of the Travellers' after a series of fight with bitter rival Big Joe Joyce in the 90s. Hughie is the son of Francie "The Punk" Doherty, once one of the most feared bare-knuckle box-ers in the UK.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #707430
03/31/13 03:06 PM
03/31/13 03:06 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

Adam Graham and Michael Fagan managed to avoid jail terms this week, despite evidence that a garda had to jump out of their way and nar-rowly escaped being hit by their speeding stolen car, which ran over his bike.

Both men are key figures in a gang of 25 young thugs based around the Basin Street area in Dublin 8. They are well known to gardai and officers were disappointed after Graham was given a three-year sus-pended sentence for his part in the incident, while Fagan was also spared jail and hit with a two-and-a. half-year suspended jail term. Graham (22), was high on cocaine and booze in September 2011 when he was spotted driving erratically on the South Circular Road in the city.

Michael Fagan was in the front pas-senger seat of the €15,000 jeep, that had been stolen the previous month, A marked garda car signalled for the pair to stop, but Graham swerved around the patrol car and sped away. He broke several red lights and a number of motorists had to take eva-sive action to avoid being hit.

Two gardai on mountain bikes were waiting at St James's Walk to inter-cept the motor, but Graham didn't stop and drove straight at them. One garda had to jump out of the way to avoid being hit and his bike was crushed by the thugs. The impact was so strong that the jeep's windscreen was smashed. Panicked The jeep then lost control and crashed into the wall of a garden on Uppercross Road and the pair were arrested a few minutes later hiding in another garden. The jeep was written off after the crash. The two admitted their involvement, with Graham claim-ing he "panicked" when he saw the gardai.

He has 21 previous convictions for offences includ-ing drugs possession and theft. He had been banned from driving at the time of the incident. Adam's older brother Paul is also well known to gardai. The 23-year-old was recently jailed for five years after being caught with €35,000 worth of heroin which he claimed he was selling because he had a baby on the way. The pair are originally from Crumlin but now live in Portlaoise.

Michael Fagan, from Sperrin Road in Drimnagh, is regarded as being an up-and-coming gangster and has links to jailed gang boss Brian Rattigan. In September 2009 his family home was shot at by criminals aligned with Freddie Thompson, and the previous year his cousin Mark was shot in a field in Ballyfermot by three senior mem-bers of the Thompson mob.

Fagan briefly moved to England after a bench warrant was issued for his arrest in connection with a car theft. He is regularly stopped and searched by detectives. Graham and Fagan both featured in our exposé last month when we identified them as key members of the Basin Street mob. - The gang is led by Brian Rattigan's cousin Aaron.

We revealed how he had been warned by gardai that his life is in danger because of his feuding with mobsters linked to Thompson. The Rat tigan and Thompson gangs have been replaced by six new mobs with 200 members. Gardai have declared war on the outfits and have set up an elite new anti-gang squad to crack down on their activities.

Dangerous The 200 serious criminals, some as young as 16, are operating in just a few square miles in Dublin's south inner city and sources say they are the most dangerous mobsters that gardai have ever encountered. The new mobs have sprung up from the original Crumlin/Drimnagh feud, but sources say that Thompson and Rattigan have no control over the latest generation of criminals.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #707431
03/31/13 03:13 PM
03/31/13 03:13 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

THE heartbroken brother of an engineer who was brutally murdered by prostitute Tanya Doyle has said he believes she is "psychopathic" and could kill again.

Killer Doyle (40), was sen-tenced to life in prison earli-er this month for savagely stabbing her husband Paul Byrne (48), to death. The Tallaght-born prostitute knifed Byrne more than 60 times in a frenzied attack at his home on September 4, 2009. During her trial, the jury heard a recording of a chilling 999 call where tragic Paul was heard beg-ging for help, saying: "My wife is stabbing me."

The court also heard evidence that Doyle had claimed to be a high-class hooker and that Paul had profited from a sleazy escort agency she was running. Devastated But speaking to the Sunday' World, Paul's devastated brother Noel said his reputation was unfairly attacked by Doyle in court. He claimed that:

His brother was a successful professional with no involvement with the vice trade; • He forgives Doyle but believes she is a psychopath who could kill again;His family were pursued for two years by banks looking for cash for Doyle's cosmetic surgery.

During her murder trial, the jury heard evidence that Doyle had claimed Paul had been taking €900 out of her account every month from her escort agency. However, Paul's brother Noel said Doyle had just made this up to jus-tify her action's. "Besides everything else, Paul didn't need the money. At the height of the Celtic Tiger he was earning €120,000 a year. "It would be totally out of charac-ter for him. Paul was an introvert and shy. He would never have been involved in anything like that and there was no evidence or proof to back up her claims.

"In fact, the only evidence of money transfers was the fact that Psychopath Tanya has no remorse Paul was giving her €1,300 a month after they broke up. "It was difficult to sit there and lis-ten to that. The person who dies does-n't have any course to redress when their character is taken." The court heard Doyle owed more than €70,000 to financial institutions - some of which she spent on breast implants and cos-metic surgery.

She told gardai that she had spent the cash on "boob jobs, nose jobs, veneers". Noel said that banks threatened to sue his family for the money owed by Doyle - despite the fact she had killed their brother. "Those banks sent people out to us to try and get that money back for up to two years, even though we told them about the circumstances. "Having to deal with the banks while we were trying to deal with Paul's death really added to our stress and grief.

" In 2006, Paul was lucky to escape with his life after he was stabbed in the chest by Doyle. Following the stabbing, the cou-ple had effectively separated and Doyle had moved abroad for a peri-od of time. Despite everything, the pair had remained close and Doyle sometimes stayed with Paul when she was in Dublin.

Two weeks ago, Doyle, who is now jailed in Mountjoy Prison's female wing, showed no emotion when she was convicted of murder. Emotion "She was psychopathic, she did-n't show any emotion. She was detached all the time and that was evident since the stabbing in 2006," said Noel. "There was never any sign or indication of remorse. I think a true sense of remorse would help our family.

"I don't have any feelings towards her one way or another. Paul forgave her after 2006. He might not have felt comfortable liv-ing with her and obviously that fear had subsided. "But he wouldn't have liked to see her sent to prison, even though it was his call that got her caught. I feel he would have forgiven her and I have forgiven her too. "But I do think, plainly and sim-ply she could do it again. Without remorse there is no ability to change."

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #707433
03/31/13 03:22 PM
03/31/13 03:22 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

THEY LIVED the Celtic Tiger dream on the proceeds of a cocaine and cannabis empire.

The children of 'businessman drug lord' Philip Baron mixed with celebrities and bankers and appeared in the gossip columns charting the love lives of the rich and famous. His daughter Nicola once dated tycoon's son Andy Quirke, whose brother Wes is engaged to former Miss World Rosanna Davison. But now the daughter of the major international criminal, who pleaded guilty to a massive drug conspiracy this week, and her brother Philip junior, have been dragged into the search for the prof-its of his international trafficking ring.

The Sunday World can reveal that the hunt is on for secret trusts worth millions set up by the Kildare-based drug smug-gler in the names of his children. And in a tale of two families, we can disclose how he exploited his daughter from a previous relationship, recruiting her into his evil business, while lavishing his second family, based near the K Club in Kildare, with all the luxuries drug money could buy. The 57-year-old Straffan-based crime kingpin, originally from Salford, Manchester, ran a criminal empire for 15 years from this country.

Today, we can reveal that he put a slice of the proceeds from international cocaine traf-ficking aside for his children, who were brought up as Celtic Tiger cubs in a luxury property at Bawnogues, New Road, Straffan. The money trail is revealed in financial logs and telephone intercepts secured by the UK Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) and the Gardai during a lengthy investigation into the 'Baron of Kildare'. Baron, who presented a face f of total respectability and who sent his two children to private school in Ireland, was in fact a major drug importer who liaised with Colombian drug cartels and major mafia fig-ures across Europe to import tons of cocaine and cannabis into Ireland and the UK for the past two decades.

The Baron connection revealed a dramatic shift in the type of international syndicates deal-ing in drugs, according to SOCA officers. He started out in the legitimate haulage business, but quickly spotted that there was nothing to rival drugs as a transport commodity. "This was essentially a group of busi-nessmen who became drug dealers. It wasn't violent and each key person had their role," police sources revealed. Code "Losses were absorbed and there was a division of labour, much as you would expect in any corporation, and their sys-tem involved a complex arrangement of couriers and money men who spoke only in code." According to SOCA, Baron, his sidekick Walter Callinan and their associates acted like a board of directors.

Profits were divided like shareholders and consign-4 ments seized by cops I: around the globe were even put down on paper as 'losses'. The extensive investigation conducted by the Gardai and SOCA uncovered unprecedent-ed paperwork, logs of drugs deals and the massive profits being made by the traffickers. It also showed how Baron cruelly used his daughter Rachel, who lived in Manchester, while favouring his Irish children. In one deal, prof its were allocated and pre-pared for distribution and included a €2,000 fee that was kept aside to pay for Philip Baron Jnr's 18th birthday party.

The money paid for match-day tickets and a pri-vate suite at a Man United game. Meanwhile Baron cruelly exploited his other child from his estranged first mar-riage in the UK and manipulated Rachel into doing his dirty work, paying bills and laundering cash. "He treated Rachel disgustingly. When she had a child six year ago - his only grandchild - he sent over a skanky Salford drug dealer with €200 for a cot," a source told the Sunday World. Rachel (30), was also convicted and sen-tenced to three years in jail for her involvement in the conspiracy, but the court was lenient due in no small meas-ure to the manipulation of her father. "While Rachel was penniless, he was asking her to pay off bills with an American Express card, and to buy cars including a €100,000 Bentley convertible and a Range Rover on his behalf.

LUXURY:

Philip Baron's house in Straffan "While his Irish children, Philip and Nicola lived in the lap of luxury, his first daughter was smviving on benefits and the small crumbs from his proceeds of crime. He was just cruel beyond belief". Brains In an echo of Al Capone's demise, it was the gang's meticulous bookkeeping of profits and losses that became their downfall. Officers were able to link 'loss-es' in the ledgers with seizures of drugs by European and UK drug agencies. Callinan (61), who was the financial brains of the operation, also rented a property on the exclusive K Club estate in Straffan, Co. Kildare, through the Celtic Tiger boom years, and even used it to secure an ALB bank Account in Mullingar which was used to launder cash.

But it was 'respectable millionaire' Baron who specifically dealt with the notoriously violent Colombian cartels for his cocaine consignments, which he trans-ported from Costa Rica into Spain and then into the UK and Ireland. His criminal empire spread over three con-tinents and he lived a life of opulence until his extradition to the UK. Eighty-nine peo-ple were arrested in the five-year investiga-tion before Baron was targeted.

He organised a network of 12 virtual offices across the UK, from Glasgow to Cardiff, from where he would arrange for parcels of drugs to be delivered by main-stream legitimate international couriers. He was finally caught when months of police work recorded him giving orders for drugs and arranging deliveries in code which matched up to consign-ments which were found in the gang's financial logs. Other phone calls linked Baron to 'Dapper Don' Christy Kinahan and his bil-lion-euro Costa Cartel. Officers believe that both organisations cooperated to bring drugs into Ireland.

SIDEKICK:

Callinan Trusts He is facing a 20-year sentence, but has refused to divulge anything about the trusts which his associate Malcolm Carle is believed to have set up in his children's names in Eastern Europe. SOCA sources say that finan-cial logs relating to the gang's drug deals and intercepted prison phone calls confirmed the existence of the trusts, which were set up to benefit both Callinan's and ft) Baron's children. \ If It's understood that both Nicola and Philip Baron Jnr are in line to benefit, - but SOCA officers are keen to confirm that neither had any criminal involve-ment in any of one coded phone call, Baron advised an associate to destroy mobile phones linked to Kinahan's Irish Mafia in Spain.

Baron, who was known as '4X' because of his love of Range Rovers, regularly attended English football matches and the Ashes test series as well as attending black-tie balls. This week, the 57-year-old pleaded guilty to money laundering and drugs importation their father's activities. Baron's wife Elaine told SOCA officers that the children had been in contact with their father between 2006 and 2008 when he was being held on drugs charges in San Sebastian, Spain. Although Baron's current conviction relates to activities from 2008 and drugs importation into the UK, he is under-stood to have been active in the drugs world for two decades.

A case is already being prepared for the seizure of Baron's assets under proceeds of crime laws. With much of his wealth hidden, Baron was pleading poverty in recent years as he fought extradition from Ireland to the UK in a case which went all the way to the Supreme Court until he was eventually extradited in December last year. It's understood that his Straffan house is in negative equity and that his wife Elaine pawned off a €250,000 ring to finance his legal bill. He will be sentenced in June in Liverpool Crown Court, where a 20-year sentence awaits him despite his guilty plea. A recorded phone call from prison heard Baron lament that the evidence was so strong that "not even the Pope could get out of it".

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #708487
04/05/13 05:43 AM
04/05/13 05:43 AM
A
abc123 Offline
Underboss
abc123  Offline
A
Underboss
http://www.thestar.ie/star/gardai-hunt-raid-gang-who-drive-260kph-supercar/

Gardai have launched a nationwide operation to snare a gang of dangerous thugs — who have gone on a vicious armed robbery spree in a top-of-the-range car.

The thugs are using an Audi S4 car — capable of hitting speeds of more than 260kph — and leaving normal saloon cars used by gardai trailing in their wake.

Sources have told The Star that officers believe the gang of criminals, who target as many as six shops in one night, have stolen tens of thousands of euro in the robberies.

The gang targets shops and garages in night raids for cigarettes, money and booze — and have been known to drive 300km in one night to carry out their heists.

The S4 car, with a massive 5.2 litre V8 engine, easily outpaces any normal vehicle gardai on patrol have access to.

Raids have taken place all over Ireland, including counties Clare, Galway, Sligo, Mayo, Donegal, Offaly and Portlaoise.

Senior officers were so anxious to catch the gang that they sent a Garda helicopter to chase them after they carried out a series of raids in Monaghan and Meath early yesterday — but the criminals managed to escape across the border.

Sources have revealed that the thugs have attacked unarmed gardai at least three times in the last fortnight — pelting them with rocks and other missiles.

“They are active all over the country,” a source told The Star last night.

“And they are not afraid of being confronted by gardai.

“They actually wait for members to arrive and then attack them.”

Just two weeks ago, they attacked a premises in Castlebaldwin in Sligo — and prepared an ambush for gardai.

The criminals had lined up a row of rocks outside the shop, ready to be thrown at officers.

A few weeks earlier, they carried out another raid in Crusheen, Co Clare — and lined up cans of beans and peas to attack gardai.

In the latest incident, the criminals targeted a Garda car in Castleblayney, Co Monaghan, before targeting a local shop.

Sources say the gang slashed the tyres of the Garda car to make sure officers could not stop them getting away after the robbery.

Then the thugs drove to nearby Newbliss, where they carried out another raid, before driving around 50km for even more mayhem.

They targeted shops in Summerhill and Tullyallen near Drogheda in Co Louth.

Gardai tried to catch them there but they launched a barrage of rocks and missiles at officers.

The Garda helicopter then started to give chase — but the gang hit speeds of more than 240kph on the M1 motorway and escaped into the North.

Sources say gardai believe the gang bought the Audi legally on a website.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #710349
04/13/13 05:14 PM
04/13/13 05:14 PM
A
abc123 Offline
Underboss
abc123  Offline
A
Underboss
http://www.herald.ie/news/gardai-fear-carnage-in-city-as-drugslord-kinahan-leaves-jail-29194210.html

KEN FOY, CRIME CORESPONDENT – 13 APRIL 2013 10:40 AM

GARDAI are braced for bloodshed following crimelord Christy Kinahan's release from prison. A major gangland alert has been issued after the international drugs baron walked free from a Belgian jail.

Detectives fear there will be carnage in the capital as the so-called 'Dapper Don' now goes on the warpath against drug gangs who owe him money.

"The fact that Kinahan is a free man again is causing huge concern to gardai, particularly the specialist units because he is owed so much money by dealers of all rank here.

"A lot of people are not going to be happy to hear about this news," said a senior source.

The 55-year-old is understood to have jumped straight on a plane and flown to his base on Spain's Costa Del Sol, following his release on Monday.

According to sources, Kinahan held a meeting with Tallaght crimeboss Paul Rice at the Spanish hideout.

"Information has come in that Rice flew out to Spain to meet Kinahan – the two men have been working together."

Flex

Rice (43) is one of the capital's most feared criminals and was previously put on a death list by the Real IRA. Both men will now seek to flex their muscles on the capital's crime underworld to force dealers and gangs to cough up cash.

Rice and his mob have been causing panic among drug dealers across the capital as they try to recoup hundreds of thousands of euro in cash that is owed to Kinahan's organisation. One of a number of criminals who have been targeted by the syndicate is a massive dealer who was the chief target of the special garda Operation Vulcan last February.

It is understood that apart from coming under pressure from Kinahan's mob, the Criminal Assets Bureau are at an advanced stage of seizing property and cash from this dealer who is based in Drimnagh but is originally from Cabra.

Rice's most serious conviction was when he was jailed for 10 years in July 1995, after he pleaded guilty to the armed robbery of a bank.

Tallaght man Rice escaped the scene on horseback after the incident in which shots were discharged and a security guard was kicked and beaten on the head with a lump hammer.

His associate Kinahan is the undisputed head drugs kingpin in Ireland.

Kinahan was released from the prison near Antwerp after serving a four-year sentence for fraud-related offences. The money laundering case was brought against the drug boss following his arrest by Belgian federal police, in May 2008.

He was extradited to Belgium from Spain in 2010 as part of the massive international Operation Shovel into his estimated €500m drugs enterprise.

The extensive cross-border police investigation into Kinahan's organisation was set up in 2008 but progress has been slow because of the complexity of the task.

While most of the inquiries carried out by the Garda National Drugs Unit and their counterparts overseas have been finalised, alleged assets are still being tracked around the world.

Suspects including Christy and his son Daniel Kinahan, and 'Fat' Freddie Thompson, are being investigated.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #710782
04/15/13 06:32 PM
04/15/13 06:32 PM
A
abc123 Offline
Underboss
abc123  Offline
A
Underboss
http://www.herald.ie/news/detectives-launch-huge-crackdown-on-triad-gangs-29196810.html

KEN FOY, CRIME CORRESPONDENT – 15 APRIL 2013 10:40 AM

DETECTIVES have begun a major clampdown on Triad gangs operating in Ireland.

Asian gangsters involved in extortion, drug cultivation and other criminal activities are being targeted by gardai.

Sources say several Triad groups are now established here and are involved in serious criminal activity.

"There is such a culture of secrecy and fear in relation to how these gangs operate that it is often very hard for gardai to make much inroads in these investigations," a source said.

Our exclusive photo shows one suspect being arrested after a dawn raid in Dublin city centre.

He was questioned by gardai in Mountjoy about the false imprisonment of another Asian man, which happened in north Dublin over Christmas.

Bosses

The kidnapping is linked to Asian gang activity particularly in the Parnell Street area of the capital, which has a large number of prominent Asian restaurants and businesses.

In many incidents the gangs here are working under instructions from Triad bosses outside of Ireland.

"This is a relatively new problem, but there are a number of Asian gangs operating now extorting money from businesses and their fellow nationals," said a source.

"There is a Triad gang problem in the city but there are also other Asian gangs operating including some from countries such as Vietnam, Cambodia and the Philippines.

"This week's arrest involves southeast Asian gangs. These criminals target people from their own countries and are making quite a lucrative trade in their enterprises."

During the photographed arrest this week, armed detectives swooped on the north inner-city apartment complex before escorting the cuffed Asian man to one of their unmarked patrol cars.

Since last year gardai have been monitoring gangs with some success.

On one occasion they raided 236 premises and arrested 54 foreigners under an investigation codenamed Operation Wireless.

Officers seized 4,200 cannabis plants with an estimated street value of €3.5m during searches in Dublin, Meath, Wexford and Cork last November.

The most serious outbreak of violence involving Triad gangs in the capital in recent times broke out last October at Capel Street.

In the early-morning attack, two men were left seriously wounded, one of them with a near-severed leg.

The incident occurred just before 2am on October 26 and involved a gang of six men armed with weapons that included knives, a hammer and a machete or sword.

Blood

A large pool of blood stained the footpath and the front of a bar on the street where the attack unfolded.

Gardai believe six men attacked three other men on the street as part of a dispute within the Chinese community.

In a separate matter, the Herald previously revealed that a small family based gang of Vietnamese criminals based in Birmingham are controlling much of the multi-million euro Irish cannabis growhouse industry, garda investigations have revealed.

The gang are exploiting "down and out and destitute" fellow nationals to come to Ireland and operate highly sophisticated growhouses all across the country.

hnews@herald.ie

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: abc123] #710791
04/15/13 06:38 PM
04/15/13 06:38 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
But why isn't Kinahan in prison in Spain? Have they dismissed the case against him?

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #710968
04/16/13 02:58 PM
04/16/13 02:58 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

"WHEN YOU shoot a man, he drops down. He doesn't go flying backwards. It doesn't matter if it's a shotgun or a nine mu, that stuff you see in the pic-tures is pure crap. I never saw anyone move more than a few inches in my life. I'll tell you another thing. If you shoot a man in the back of the head, a funny thing happens. His two eyeballs will pop out of the front of his head and just hang there on stalks - ha ha!"

THESE DESPICABLE remarks were made by twisted Limerick hitman, Gary Carnpin, the only Irish contract killer to ever have been twice convict-ed of murder. The warped world of the smug sicko is revealed in a book Blood On The Streets: A Murderous History of Limerick, by Anthony Galvin.

It's a grim Tale of Two Cities sto-ry about the Edwardian mansions on the banks of the Shannon and the street corner yobs who gradu-ate from drinking dens and joyriding to owning them. Motormouth Campion was top of the race from the gutter, but is now serving two life sentences for the murder of bouncer Brian Fitzgerald and the gangland double cross of Tat' Frankie Ryan.

Another insight into what makes the Moyross mobster tick was revealed in this vile rant: "I have shot people in this town for €10,000, and I'd have no difficulty spending €20,000 to have you blown away. It wouldn't be my first time. If it's the last thing I do, I'll get you and your family."

Madman At the receiving end of the abuse was John Ryan - a Limerick prison officer aware the thug had previous-ly firebombed the home of another colleague in the past. "Ryan, you still have to go out that Dublin Road every evening," Campion added, to let the officer know he knew where he lived. From an early age, the Moyross madman was blooded for a life of crime, writes Galvin, a Limerick Leader crime reporter and true crime author.

Some gardai believe Campion's older brothers William and Noel let the teenager tag along when they broke into an isolated farmhouse near Bridgetown, Co. Clare, in 2004 and hung 68- year-old Paud Skehan upside down before dousing him in petrol. The pension-er died of his injuries after a neighbour heard him the following day in terrible agony. By the time he'd come of age, Gary Campion was more than capable of inflicting horrors all on his own.

Initially allying himself to the war-ring McCarthy-Dundon faction in the city, the two-faced-gangster switched sides to double cross 'Fat' Frankie Ryan.Gary shot Ryan in the back of the head while Ryan was driving, then leaned forward to take over the steering wheel. His brazen bloodlust made him the first choice contract killer for Philip Collopy - the mobster who took over the warring Keane-Collopy faction after the murder of mobster Kieran Keane. Collopy wanted someone to burst into a party and "kill everyone".

Campion was caught with a loaded Sig automatic pistol with a full clip of 15 rounds after gardai got a tip-off. While awaiting trial for the mur-der of Ryan, he was charged with the murder of bouncer Brian Fitzgerald. His involvement in yet another of Limerick's milestone murders saw the affable father-of-two and head of security at Doc's nightclub shot dead on his own doorstep.

Evil Campion went on another of his infamous rants: "Fucking scum-bags is all ye are. I'll clean up Moyross, not ye." The thug thicko has been banged up for life since 2007. But even behind bars, he can't stay out of trouble. A total of 73 knotted bags of heroin - each with a street value of €2,300 - were found in his cell. In marked contrast, the book also covers the heavy toll paid by the vic-tims of crime at the other end of the spectrum.

Last year, Steve Collins was forced to flee the country with his family. He'd spoken out against the thugs who'd murdered his son Roy for tes-tifying against a member of the McCarthy-Dundon gang. Roy was gunned down in cold blood because he had testified against a member of the McCarthy-Dundon mob. That murder and the murder of Garry owen rugby captain Shane Geoghegan in a case of mistaken identity has threatened to turn Ireland's third largest city into a no-go zone.

At the heart of the city there are also crimes typically associated with poverty and deprivation. Demon When Michael Manning (25), raped and murdered a 65-year-old nurse who happened to cross his path, he blamed the demon drink. He would become the last man hanged in Mounjoy in 1948.

Majella Boland (23), paid Declan Malone IR£200 to blow away her violent husband Patrick in the 1980s, in a domestic that involved no mercy. Having been beaten twice during her pregnancies and suffering two miscarriages as a result, Majella was not prepared to allow her husband turn on her daughter. After he dangled the child out the window of a second storey window, she paid the bargain basement price to have him bumped off. By the 1990s the gangs of maraud-ing teens were stoning windows, joyriding, breaking into empty hous-es to use as drinking dens and fire-bombing others as they turned sec-tions of the city into a warzone.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #710969
04/16/13 03:25 PM
04/16/13 03:25 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

IDIOT thugs who posed with weapons on a social network site, sparking a series of garda raids, are trying to reignite gang feuds in Sligo.

Last week the Sunday World revealed how the pic-tures led to gardai raids, culminating in the seizure of drugs and firearms. This week, locals have told how the young thugs are run-ning amok because they are trying to live up to the hard-man reputations of gangsters from the town. The young thugs, calling them-selves the 'Fort Hill Ultras' and 'Hill Boys Elite', are causing havoc on the northside of the city with residents saying they are afraid to walk out at night in the area. Murder In the Forthill area, a group of youngsters with connections to 2008 gangland murder victim David Lynch are the main instiga-tors of trouble.

Several of the young thugs are related to each other and are sus-pected of involvement in anti-social behaviour, including assaults, arson attacks, vandalism and intimidation. Other youngsters who have links to suspected mobster Hughie Irwin are also involved in trouble in Sligo. "They are at each other's throats. You have a younger gen-eration who think they must live up the reputations of those who went before them. They range in age from as young as 11 to about 17 or 18, with four or five key pro-tagonists," a local source said. One Forthill resident said peo-ple were fed up with the trouble. "It's total anarchy. We have fel-las standing on the top of derelict houses flinging slates down on to A boarded-up house in the Forthill area of Sligo cars driving by. We've had break-ins,senior citizens threatened with knives, houses burnt out. "

Last week there was a riot between the two groups on Forthill. These thugs were throw-ing stuff and calling the guards abusive names. They told one gar-da they would rape her when she went to speak to them. "A disabled boy was walking over the hill last week and by the time those boys were finished with him he needed 18 stitches. There was a youth club running in the area which had to be closed down. These thugs were standing at the window exposing them-selves to five and six-year-olds." Sources say they believe the youngsters linked to Lynch are supplied drugs by a Sligo-based traveller criminal.

Another source said rival gang-sters linked to Hughie Irwin were driving around Forthill last week throwing golf balls at windows trying to intimidate people. The gang linked to Irwin are believed to have carried out the murders of traveller criminal Hughie McGinley in 2005 and armed robber David Lynch in 2008. Irwin bases himself in Lanzarote, but he is understood to return to Sligo on occasion. Gardai are set to bring charges against a number of people fol-lowing the raids two weeks ago. They uploaded pictures to Facebook of themselves in masks holding weapons including a shot-gun, axes and crossbows. However, the pictures identified what houses they were taken in and one youngsters used his own phone to upload the pictures.

As a result gardai carried out raids and seized drugs with a street value of €50,000 and sever-al weapons. Gardai are expecting to bring charges shortly. A source said: "The people who own the drugs will also realise it was directly because of these pic-tures that the drugs were seized. That was a costly mistake." History Local Labour Councillor Veronica Cawley said: "I would appeal for calm and for people to sit down and try to deal with this issue.We're in big fear here of his-tory repeating itself." She added that a lack of commu-nity facilities is leading to anti-social behaviour.

However, Sinn Fein Councillor Arthur Gibbons said some of the thugs have no intention of using any facilities provided. "There is a whole big sporting facility with three different foot-ball pitches. Youths went up there a couple of weeks ago and nearly took the roof off the place. "Politicians think they can bury their heads in the sand and this is going to go away, but it's not. We're going to hand over this country to the criminals and once we lose this country we're not going to get it back."

Last edited by DonMega; 04/16/13 03:25 PM.
Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #710971
04/16/13 03:34 PM
04/16/13 03:34 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

FURY greeted the 10-year sentence handed down to American dancer Richard Hinds, convicted last month of murdering Nicola Furlong.

However, a brutal regime awaits him in the notorious Japanese prison where foreign inmates are held, with sources saying it makes Ireland's jails look like holiday camps. Even Amnesty International has criticised how prisoners are treated in Japan's jails, especially at the high-security prison at Fuchu, just out-side Tokyo.

Punish One south county Dublin man, 'John', who spent three years in the military-style lock-up for drug smuggling offences, this week told the Sunday World what's in store for Hinds. "When they punish you your wrists are cuffed to a belt and you wear shorts with a hole in it so you can go to the toilet, but you can't clean yourself," he said. "The food is pushed in through the door and you basically have to get down on your hands and knees and eat it like a dog," he told the Sunday World. "I spent two months extra in the prison for looking to the left one day. It's impos-sible not to break the rules if they want to catch you," he explained. Even at night, if a prisoner kicked the door or made noise out of frustration, they could be subdued with a stun gun and ., carried to the 'investigation block'. \ Inmates move and work in silence under strict supervision.

They are regularly strip-searched and never get to mix with each other. "I spent three years on the top of three landings, but in all that time I never ever seen the bloke in the cell next door to me," John said. For foreigners, the extreme disci-pline is a shock to the system. Everything from how to walk, sit and where to place things in a cell are detailed in a long list of rules which, if broken, results in punishment. "On arrival you're placed in the induc-tion block. You spend about a week there, getting your head shaved the second day and then you start being woken up at six every morning to be trained in how to march properly," John said. Bark "It's a real shock to the system, both mentally and physically. They use long-term foreigners that have been there years and speak Japanese fluently to assist them with this training as none of the prison officers will speak English, even if they know it.

"All they do is bark the orders with a foghorn at the new arrivals and the long-term trustees that are bilingual bark them on to you in English," he added. "When I say these guys are trustees they don't get any privileges for this work, but it's easier than working in the factories. At least they get to move around."
"Finally, after you've been trained to their satisfaction you then get allocated to another cell on the work-er-bees wing, which has 80 cells on each floor and there's three floors," he said. In the morning, as prisoners face the wall, they obey as orders to move are shouted through a foghorn. "We'd then turn around and stand on a white line that is in the middle of the land-ing, so the 15 of us would be standing on this white line and we'd have to outstretch our arms to make sure we were the correct distance away from the guy in front," John added.

"Basically we had to start marching on the spot on this white line for about five minutes to warm up." Prisoners were then marched out of the landing, where they would join up with Japanese prisoners. "Each of the 50 or so factories hold about 60 prisoners, 15 foreigners and about 45 Japanese, so we would be in three lines of 20 pris-oners in each line," he said. "On arriving at the factory we were made march upstairs and into a changing room, to change from our drab cell clothes into the working uniform, which is exactly the same kind of clobber.

"The deal is to get you to strip naked, open your mouth to show you weren't hid-ing anything, which would be impossible as we had absolutely no access to any kind of implements or weapons. "This strip search was more of an excuse to make you feel embarrassed and simply part of the twisted regime. "We'd be made open our mouths, turn around naked, spread your ass checks, also armpit checks and the soles of your feet where checked, before we had to change into the factory version of clothes," John told the Sunday World. Escaped "Then we had to line up again inside the factory and start with the ridiculous regime of lining up in three lines of 20 to get our number called again, as if one of us might have escaped while we were walking the 300 metres from the cell block to the factory."

"All the staff are martial artists on a mission to inflict as much mental torture on you as is possible — usually for doing nothing at all," he claimed. John believes Hinds will be singled out by the prison guards because of the high-profile nature of the case. "I guarantee he won't be coming out after five, he'll serve most of the 10-year sentence," he said.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #710974
04/16/13 03:40 PM
04/16/13 03:40 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

SHE was the Continuity IRA's very own Jihad Jane, a fanatical nationalist driven by the love of a notorious terror chief.

But as she settles in to her life sentence in Limerick prison this weekend, female assassin Rose Lynch is remaining staunchly loyal to her lover despite the fact that he has now dumped her and left her to carry the can on her own. The Sunday World can reveal that gardai believe Dermot Gannon, who has a conviction for membership of an illegal organisation and is currently serving a seven-year sentence on gun charges, was with Rose the day she assassinated innocent delivery man David Darcy.

The 49 year old mother of four, shocked the nation this week when she shouted `Tiocfaidh Ar La' from a court as she was convicted of the cold-blooded murder of the innocent van driver. She defiantly told the Special Criminal Court she was proud of her membership of to her victim's family. David Darcy was on a list of six men that Lynch had planned to coldly assassinate and bomb "in retaliation" for the murder of CIRA terror chief Liam Kenny in 2011. They blamed a Ballyfermot criminal - who was believed to have been sanctioned by the Real IRA - for ordering the murder of Kenny and the subsequent gun attack on his associate Frank Nolan. They were intent on revenge and retaliation before any other CIRA activists were hit.

Paranoid

But CIRA intelligence had got it wrong and Darcy was in fact a hard-working man who only came to their paranoid attention because his route often took him to and from Limerick to deliver meat. Gardai have twice arrested Gannon in connection with the murder and have now sent a file to the DPP in relation to his connection to Darcy's assassination at the gate of his Cabra home in November 2011. Rose had admitted her own part in the killing but refused to name anyone else involved. Officers believe she is making the ultimate sacrifice for her deluded cause — by loyally taking the blame alone. As she was convicted, David Darcy's heart-broken family asked how any mother could do what she did to another mother's son.

They, like most of us, find it so difficult to comprehend how a woman could coldly assassinate another human being, a father of two, a brothel; a son. While female assassins are rare, the path that led Rose Lynch to Darcy's Cabra home on a cold November morning where she emptied a handgun into him, was one steeped in a fanaticism so deep that her own father Joe insists that he is nothing but proud of her actions. "She did admit everything on her fifth day in custody hut she admitted she'd done it alone. She didn't blame anyone else. "According to the gardai there were more people involved but as far as I know she didn't name anyone else and I wouldn't agree if she did," said Joe who was once tried and acquitted for membership of an illegal organisation himself.

Rose was born and reared on the notorious Balhnacurra Weston estate in Limerick — the same area that spawned crime families like the Dundons and the Collins. At age five she joined Fianna Eireann and at 16 became a member of the IRA. After We unmask terror chief who inspired fanatic Rose Lynch to become cold-blooded assassin finishing school she moved to England where she married John Bardon. The couple had four children and Rose got some qualifications in psychology and social work before moving to Belfast where she became involved in Sinn Fein community initiatives. Notorious In 1998 she first met Gannon - a notorious prove from Mulhuddart in Dublin. He was married and a father of four but the pair forged a deep bond and began a relationship that divided her family. They set about earn-ing money for the cause and regularly used her kids to hold cash from robberies. Her father Joe said last night: "I know Dermot Gannon and 1 admire him. He is an honest man, a good republican who is very.

Her mother Nora doesn't like him at all and never did. "I spat on him once," she proudly admitted from her Limerick home. Rose's eldest son John doesn't like him either. "My mother was in active service when Mr Darcy was shot dead but she was not alone when he was shot," he said. "Dermot Gannon can rot in hell. He used my mother. He knows she is so staunch that she would never say anything about him." John is the only member of the Lynch family who has shown any remorse for what his mother has done. "My heart goes out to the Darcy family. I had a lump in my throat when they were reading the Victim Impact Statements. I wanted to walk out but they wouldn't let me.

It was very bad," he said. A year into their relationship Gannon was jailed for member-ship of an illegal organisation at the Special Criminal Court and received a four-year sentence. The couple went their separate ways but Rose always held a torch for Gannon. In the months before the murder of David Darcy the pair got back together again and this time it would prove to be a fatal attraction for Rose. Sources close to the investigation say that following the murder of CIRA terror chief Kenny, the organisation drew up a list of those they believed had planned and sanctioned the hit. Death The Ryan brothers who were running the Real IRA's Dublin brigade were said to be on the list as they were believed to have sanctioned the hit.

Joe Lynch is adamant that there were no republicans on the list. It is believed that Rose was given intensive training to become the assassin who would reap revenge for Kenny's death. In her fanatical mind she believed she was a soldier for Ireland when she took up arms against the innocent Darcy. Her mother Nora says that Rose will serve her time in prison 'without a bother'. "There would be nobody there who could break het: She will cope very well," she said. Her father Joe says his daughter is a ' true martyr: "Any woman or man who joins the Republican movement does-n't co through life without being on active service, it was her duty and she has made me very proud."

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #710975
04/16/13 03:47 PM
04/16/13 03:47 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DonMega

Majella Boland (23), paid Declan Malone IR£200 to blow away her violent husband Patrick in the 1980s, in a domestic that involved no mercy. Having been beaten twice during her pregnancies and suffering two miscarriages as a result, Majella was not prepared to allow her husband turn on her daughter. After he dangled the child out the window of a second storey window, she paid the bargain basement price to have him bumped off.

This story got me interested, I checked it on internet and there is written the woman was given a life sentence. There are not enough foul words in this world that I could use to describe what I think about the judges.

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #710976
04/16/13 03:48 PM
04/16/13 03:48 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

HOW MAGGIE SAVED LIFE OF SECRET AGENT EXCLUSIVE

A BRITISH agent who infiltrated Sinn Fein to spy on Martin McGuinness has told how Margaret Thatcher helped smuggle him out of the North as an IRA assassination gang was closing in on him. And Derry man Willie Carlin even had a private audience with the Iron Lady in her draw-ing room in 10 Downing Street. It took place just days after he was spirited out of Derry by his MI5 handlers in Thatcher's ministerial jet - which she personally put at his disposal. Carlin was lucky to escape with his life because the security forces warned him that if he had stayed even an hour longer, he would have been scooped by an IRA killer squad. We have learned that even before Thatcher met the Derry man, she often sang the praises of MI5 agent 3007 - codenamed the Fox'. Shortly after he escaped with his life Carlin was pre-sented to the Tory PM at a late-night meeting inside 10 Downing Street.

She told the diminutive Derry man: "I have been looking at briefing notes outlining your work for years.
Concerned "I only knew you by your agent number 3007 and your code name, but I can't thank you enough for all the work you have done for us over the years." And the PM added: "It's nice to put a face and real name to a number and a code name after all these years. And I now realise why they called you 'the Fox'." At that time Carlin had bright red hair. Thatcher also thanked Carlin's wife Mary - who only discovered her hus-band was a spy 48 hours earlier - and she even arranged for fish supper to be delivered to No.10 for the Canine' young daugh-ter Maria. As far as friends and neighbours back in Derry were concerned, Willie Carlin was just another Sinn Fein activist who lived with his family in Derry's Waterside. In reality he was a highly-placed British agent who had just completed a 12- year stint inside the Republican movement, where he operated as a member of Martin McGuinness's inner circle.

Speaking to the Sunday World this week, Carlin, now 64, recalled the night he was introduced to the Iron Lady and he revealed he will be attending -Thatcher's funeral in London next week, albeit in a private capacity. He said: "First of all Margaret Thatcher helped save my life by allowing me to escape in her jet. That's a good enough reason to be going to the funeral, but apart from that, I admired her toughness. "I know she was a woman, but she had more balls than any IRA man. Also, she never gave up. Martin McGuinness did give up. Martin McGuinness delivered the IRA - Maggie Thatcher delivered nothing! "I'll be happy to salute her at the funeral next week; she saved my life." The former soldier's nat-ural organisational ability and gift for facts and fig-ures meant he was ideally suited to Sinn Fein's plans of building a credible politi-cal machine.

He also became a close aide to McGuinness. Carlin's roll as an MI5 agent was to photocopy documents relating to any significant political devel-opments taking place inside Sinn Fein which he later delivered to his MI5 handlers. Exciting Down through the years Carlin also met his han-dlers at various locations around Derry. Last night the Sunday World asked Willie Carlin if he was asked to embark on such a dangerous undertaking again, would he do so? He said: "I would find out what time the next plane to Derry was. It was the best and most exciting thing I ever did in my life. I would do it again tomorrow!"

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #710979
04/16/13 03:57 PM
04/16/13 03:57 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

HEARTLESS THUG STEALS DYING WOMAN'S PHONE.

A CRUEL thief stole a mobile phone out of the hands of a dying woman after break-ing into her bedroom in the hospice where she is being cared for. Terminally ill Kate Byrne has spoken of her terror and heartache after a device on which she was recording messages and storing photos for her loved ones was also taken in the sickening raid The 52-year-old woman from Clondalkin is being treated in Our Lady's Hospice in Harold's Cross, on the city's southside.

Dignity? She was admitted to the hospice, which provides end-of-life care for patients, six weeks ago to see out what could be the last weeks of her life in dignity. However, on Holy Thursday morning she was awoken in her room in St Gabriel's Ward by an intruder who had slipped past security and broke into several rooms before escaping. "I was absolutely out of my mind with fear," Kate told the Sunday World yester-day.

"I awoke in the middle of the night to find this man coming in through the door, turning around and locking it behind him. "He came over and was leaning over me as he took my mobile phone from out of my hand. At first I thought it might have been one of the nurses, but then I realised I did not recognise him. "He was walking around my room root-ing around my stuff and looking in my locker and around the window and fridge. I tried to call out for a nurse, but not a sound came out of my mouth I was that scared. "Eventually I made some noise and he turned to me and asked 'are you alright' before he bolted out the door."

Kate claims the man startled another ill patient and his wife who was asleep with him in another room before he made good his escape. Devastated However, as the nurse arrived to com-fort her, she realised that several of her most important personal possessions were missing. "He got away with a little device I have which I was leaving messages on for my family," the foster mum-of-two added.

Community in total shock as gunman leaves father of four fighting for life.

A DAD was fighting for his life in hospital last night after he was shot on the doorstep of his Dublin home. Named locally as Patrick Sullivan, who was in his 50s, he was rushed to Tallaght Hospital after being gunned down at his home in west Dublin at around 6.40pm. He was taken to hospital follow-ing the incident, which occurred at Rowlagh Park in Clondalkin. He was described as being in a seri-ous condition following the shooting.

It is understood that he answered the door to the gunman and his accomplice who were looking for his son. An altercation ensued on the doorstep that led to him being blasted at close range. It was suggested last night that he had been shot in the face. Gardai said that he had no criminal connections. They issued an appeal for informa-tion and in particular are looking for witnesses that may have seen a dark coloured car speeding from the area in the immediate aftermath of the shooting. Experts The shooting took place in an area that is well known as a long estab-lished housing estate.

Gardai cordoned off the estate as forensic experts arrived to carry out an investigation. Shocked locals looked on as garda vehicles arrived and officers con-ducted door-to-door enquiries. "Patrick, or Peadar, as he is known is a real gentlemen," said local Sinn Fein councillor, Matthew McDonagh. "I'm shocked and saddened by events of this night. "Most people are law abiding citi-zens in this area, but then we come up against this," he added. "If you knew him you'd know he wouldn't hurt a fly. "He's a father of three lads and a daughter and this is the worst thing that could have happened to him and his family.

"This man was a man of the com-munity, you know? He'd be well known around the area and I'd have had a few pints with him now and again. "In fact, I was only speaking to him recently and it was all about his fam-ily. That's all he Peadar cared about. "I'm sickened, I really am I'm sorry but I'm just very upset right now," he said, before hanging up. Anyone with information is asked to contact Ronanstown Garda Station 01 666 7700.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #710980
04/16/13 04:04 PM
04/16/13 04:04 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

THIS IS the picture that will send a chill through gangland this morning - the Godfather of Irish crime Christy Kinahan back on the streets.

Our exclusive snaps reveal that 'the Dapper Don' is back in his Costa del Crime stronghold after being freed 18 months early from a prison term for money laundering in Belgium. But he wasn't happy to be greeted by a Sunday World team as he arrived to sign on at a Spanish court, where he is still under investigation for masterminding a half a billion euro drugs cartel. Kinahan, from .

Oliver Bond flats in Dublin, looked furious when he was cor-nered by our investigative team and asked to comment on being at the centre of one of Europe's biggest ever narcotics probes. He sent a female companion to bring him an umbrella and a baseball cap to hide tails,per as we pursued him to a waiting car. It's the first taste of freedom Kinahan has had since he was arrested in his underwear during a dramatic dawn raid by Spanish cops in May 2010. And it spells trouble for gangsters around Ireland who he believes owe him cash.

Kinahan is emerging into a transformed criminal landscape in Ireland, where his former confidante Eamon Kelly has been murdered, the recession is playing havoc with revenue from the drug trade and chaos reigns. He has already sent enforcers like Tat' Freddie Thompson and Paul Rice to demand payment for all outstanding cash he believes he is owed by the rival gangs he has supplied from his drug network. Looking fit and living up to his moniker as 'the Dapper Don', he strode into the local court building in Estepona on the Costa del Sol last Monday. He spent over an hour inside the offices, where an investigation into his Spanish. based crime network is being conducted. When he emerged the Sunday World asked if he wanted to make a comment, but Kinahan grimaced.

He briefly opened his mouth as if to say something, but changed his mind and walked away. However, he dropped some documents and had to balance the brolly with one hand while picking them up. A furious Kinahan then walked straight at the Sunday World photographer and deliberately tried to block our man with his open brolly. Thinking better of the confrontation, he walked away and got into the black VW Touareg driven by his companion, who took pictures of our journalists in an act of intimidation. Despite the fact that 'the Dapper Don' is again free to roam the streets, Operation Shovel, the investigation into dozens of front companies used by Kinahan and his associates to launder illicit cash, is still continuing.

Sources claim that the scale of the probe means it will be next year before any trial will take place. It is believed that the gang funnelled as much as €500 million, buying commodities and properties all over the world. Investigators now believe that a plan to develop tourist resorts on a stretch of Brazilian coastline was a money-laundering ruse to borrow cash from banks they had no intention of paying back. Huge commodity deals involving millions worth of goods, such as bananas and cement, were also used to disguise cash from drug transactions.

The probe by officers from Operation Shovel is not the only setback Kinahan has to grapple with. Since the major bust in 2010, one of his key lieutenants in Ireland, Eamon Kelly, was shot dead by dissident republicans. Kelly had played a key role in guarantee-ing deals between Ireland's criminals both in Ireland and the Costa del Sol.

Nothing happened in Ireland's under-world without the blessing of Kinahan and Kelly, before the ageing gangster was gunned down in December last year. His killing threw Ireland's drugs busi-ness into disarray. During Kinahan's spell in a Belgian jail another of his under-world cronies Tat' Freddie Thompson arrived on the Costa del Sol after being extradited by Spanish police. Demanding Thompson had avoided arrest during the Operation Shovel swoops, but remained a wanted man.

He has since been told he is free to leave Spain and at Christmas he was back in Dublin spreading fear and demanding cash on behalf of Kinahan. Another Kinahan thug, Paul Rice,also sent home to Dublin last year to col-lect the debts owed to Kinahan's network, which was being managed by son Daniel in his absence. Drug dealers all over Ireland were told in no uncertain terms to cough up the cash they owed or face serious consequences. The collapse in the cocaine market, as well as the global property crash since 2008 has hit Kinahan's cash flow hard, even though he is believed to have as much as €200 million already stashed away. Although dozens of high-end cars were seized and bank accounts frozen, Kinahan and his son Daniel have reportedly kept their luxury villa homes in Estepona. Kinahan's release from jail now means that he can resume control of his illegal business, which had suffered badly in the last two years. Kinahan and his sons, Daniel and Christy junior, were among the 23 people initially arrested by Operation Shovel.

It emerged then that the Kinahans' organisation had laundered at least €500 million through property and commodity dealing all over the world. Sources claimed that he had become so succeSsful at money laundering that other international criminal syndicates paid for his services. Christy spent six months in custody in notorious Alhaurin del Torre prison near Malaga. The Kinahans were then allowed out on bail of €60,000, but Belgian authorities requested Christy senior's extradition. Kinahan had previously been handed a four-year prison sentence by a court in Antwerp after being found guilty on 10 counts of money laundering in September 2009. The probe into Kinahan's operation also revealed a web of corruption involving criminals, a professional soccer club, FT Forcom, and local police officers.

Unusual Christy senior is now regarded as one of the biggest players in Europe's criminal underworld. Although he served time in Ireland in the late 1990s for various offences he is an unusual criminal. During one stint behind bars he complet-ed a degree and he is fluent in a number of languages, including Dutch and Flemish. He heads a serious criminal outfit which has a global reach and makes millions of euro every year. Kinahan's outfit has also been linked to murders in Spain, the UK and Ireland — including Eamon 'the Don' Dunne — over the years.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: Dwalin2011] #710982
04/16/13 04:05 PM
04/16/13 04:05 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
But why isn't Kinahan in prison in Spain? Have they dismissed the case against him?

above article for dwalin2011

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #710986
04/16/13 04:11 PM
04/16/13 04:11 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

NOTORIOUS criminal Gerry Hutch went from Monk to drunk yes-terday after spending an estimated €30,000 on free booze for his guests as he celebrated his 50th birthday in style.

These exclusive Sunday World pictures show the legendary crook clearly the worse for wear at 3.30am yesterday after a three-day bender in Lanzarote. Hutch spent this week desperately trying to avoid our cameras and shouted "the paper, no" when confronted by our snapper. He then ordered his wife into a taxi before speeding off into the night. Around 250 of Hutch's friends and family flew to the sunshine island to help the criminal mastermind celebrate turning 50 on Thursday.

Despite telling gardai he has gone straight for years, the Monk clearly has plenty put aside from his various crime and business ventures. He spared no expense and is said to have personally footed the bill for the flights for 40 fam-ily members and made sure they didn't put their hands in their pockets during their stay.

The paranoid robber was so concerned that the media would crash his bash that he booked out an entire bar in Lanzarote's New Town on Thursday and Friday and employed a team of Irish bouncers to make sure there were no unwanted guests. The criminal put his credit card behind the bar of Mulligan's Irish bar, with sources saying that thirsty revellers drank more than €20,000 worth of gargle dur-ing Thursday's knees-up alone. Three security men patrolled while 'the Monk' belted out songs with three local bands.

They confiscated revellers' mobile phones and deleted footage taken of him singing Frank Sinatra's My Way. One reveller said that Hutch's wife Patricia employed a party planner for Thursday's main event, with guests able to help themselves to unlimited platters of food, while the bar sold out of pint bottles of Bulrners cider Notorious Several of Hutch's criminal cronies looked on, including his best friend Noel 'Mr Kingsize' Duggan. The 52-year-old is a notorious cigarette smuggler who paid the Criminal Assets Bureau €4m a decade ago. Gerry Hutch got his nickname because he would never get involved in selling drugs and never touched alcohol — but he took up drinking two years ago and is obviously catching up for lost time.

He drank so much on Thursday night that he had to be carried out a back entrance to get a taxi. Patricia Hutch and the couple's five children had left the party before the Monk's pals had to bun-dle him into a waiting car. One of his sons brought a bin liner full of presents in another cab to take them home for safe keeping. Despite the boozy 50th cele-brations, Hutch and his guests were eager to put their hang-overs behind them and attended a karaoke night in Mulligan's on Friday night. Hutch was the last to leave the bar at 3.30am, letting his guard down and stumbling to a taxi and was shocked to be confront-ed by our undercover team.

It can also be revealed that Hutch has effectively moved to Lanzarote full time and spends at least three weeks each month on the island. He owns a villa near the Old Town, but vacated it this week to let his three daughters stay there and instead moved him-self and his wife into a plush hotel in a village near Puerto del Carmen. It is believed that Hutch has investments in at least two pubs on the island. Around a dozen of his associ-ates travelled to Lanzarote from the UK, while people also came to the island from the Spanish mainland.

Influx At least 200 people arrived from Dublin Airport last Wednesday and Thursday, with gardai observing several crimi-nals among the travellers. Hutch paid a visit to several pubs in Puerto del Carmen on Wednesday night and told pals that he wanted to make sure that as many local businesses as possible benefitted from the influx of his guests.

It is understood that the enter-tainment and food bills for both nights topped €10,000.Hutch became the gardai's public enemy number one in January 1995 when he pulled off the heist of the century, escap-ing with €3.6m from the Brinks Allied depot in Clonshaugh. He was also behind the C1.9m Marino Mart robbery in 1987 and had to pay CAB €1.5m in 2000. He set about becoming a 'legiti-mate' businessman and famously bought a limo company in 2005.

However gardai still believe that the Monk is involved in the planning of armed robberies although younger criminals actually carry out the raids. Because of the unwanted attention he still has a strained relationship with gardai. Hutch is obviously on much better terms with the local police in Lanzarote, though. Last Thursday night an undercover Sunday World team was stopped by an unmarked police Jeep in the New Town carrying four plain-clothes officers. One of the policemen drew his gun and ordered one of our Hum ruin Up VAMIK oar bill for 250,pals at 506 birthday on holidatiste team to get out of the car and interrogated him for 20 minutes. He asked what we were doing near Hutch's 50th birthday par-ty and knew exactly who the criminal was.

After taking copies of our driving licences we were allowed to go. However, at 3am on Friday morning the same officers vis-ited our team's hotel and all the men displayed their firearms and quizzed us about what we wanted with Hutch. Brawls However, local police were kept busy by the heavy-drinking gang from Dublin's north-inner city and were called by worried bar own-ers to deal with several ugly brawls last week. Six young men who arrived on a flight on Wednesday got into a fight in the Route 66 bar in the early hours of Thursday morning and 10 police officers were on the scene within minutes.

There were no further inci-dents on Thursday or Friday, but while the local constabulary could relax, four local prosti-tutes were kept very busy. We observed at least six middle-aged men disappearing to the beach with prostitutes between 1.45am and 3am on Friday morning. A local drug deal-er operating from a strip joint near Mulligan's was also doing a brisk trade. Hutch spent yester-day at the poolside of his hotel with his wife by his side trying to get rid of his hang-over. His enjoyment of the 23-degree heat was spoiled by the fact that his attempts to frustrate our photographer were in vain.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #710987
04/16/13 04:13 PM
04/16/13 04:13 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss

Thanks, interesting article. So he is still under investigation but they allow him to go around free nevertheless.
And what about Fat Freddie Thompson, is he free too, what is his legal situation now?
I also remember this documentary "Cocaine wars" about his war against Rattigan. Do Rattigan loyalists still resist or did Freddie take over his gang?

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: Dwalin2011] #711029
04/16/13 08:26 PM
04/16/13 08:26 PM
A
abc123 Offline
Underboss
abc123  Offline
A
Underboss

Thanks, interesting article. So he is still under investigation but they allow him to go around free nevertheless.
And what about Fat Freddie Thompson, is he free too, what is his legal situation now?
I also remember this documentary "Cocaine wars" about his war against Rattigan. Do Rattigan loyalists still resist or did Freddie take over his gang?

Rattigan gang never did much, Freddie gang came out on top but an another gang from west Dublin took Rattigan gang members out.

http://www.herald.ie/news/how-guinea-pig-ordered-slaying-of-king-ratt-man-28001615.html

Last edited by abc123; 04/16/13 08:27 PM.
Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #712024
04/21/13 06:13 PM
04/21/13 06:13 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

THIS IS the lethal cache of 9mm ammunition found beside a crowded bus stop this week.

Gardei believe that a gangland assassination could have been prevented after an eagle-eyed member of the public came - across a paper bag containing 100 rands of ammo for a Luger semi-automatic pistol.

Detectives have launched a major investigation after the live rounds were found last Thursday morning. Detectives believe that the bullets could have been in the process of being transported to a local criminal gang when the courier was unexpectedly disturbed on the Jamestown Road, in Finglas, Dublin. Officers immediately moved to seal off the area in a bid to find the Luger pistol and have described the find as "highly significant". They are currently trawling CCTV to see if they can identify the criminal who was carrying the dangerous haul. The bullets, which were inside a brown paper bag with writing on it, had then been placed inside a white paper bag.

They were found on top of a small wall behind a busy bus stop. One theory being ang hit found at bus stop examined is that the courier was walking down the road and may have seen a pass-ing patrol car and panicked, placing the bag on the wall. Once the coast was clear he planned to return to pick up the parcel, but it had already been spotted by an innocent member of the public who had been wait-ing to get a bus into the city centre. Stashed It is thought that less than 10 minutes had passed between the bullets being stashed and found by the man. The member of the public contacted the Sunday World to tell of his find and said he wanted to highlight how dangerous that Finglas has become.

He said he feared that young children could have picked up the bullets and that a serious accident could have happened. He was especially concerned that a courier could transport bullets in broad daylight when there were scores of peo-ple around. The man requested that we hand in the bullets to gardai and we immediately con-tacted Finglas station, who collected the ammunition. The haul is now being forensically examined to see if there are any traces of fingerprints or DNA. The man who found the ammunition said he was relieved that lives had been saved and said that if an unscrupulous person had came upon the bullets he could have sold them on the streets for at least £10 a pop.

The Luger 9mm pistol has become increasingly popular in gangland in recent years and has been used in sev-eral high-profile shootings. Shot Innocent young mum Donna Cleary was shot dead with a Luger in 2006, while senior Finglas criminal John Mangan was found with a loaded Luger down his trousers in a pub in Santry in 2007. The Luger 9mm is especially popular among the Limerick gangs, with gardai having seized a munber of such weapons over the last decade. Finglas is one of the busiest areas for gardai in the country and there have been several gangland hits there in recent years. In February 2312, 36-year-old Alan McNally was gunned down in a pub in Finglas village.

In July 2010, Calm Owens was gunned down in an industri-al estate by the Real IRA. In February of the same year cousins Mark Noonan and Glenn Murphy were killed in a double assassination at a serv-ice station by the Real IRA in a case of mistaken identity. In October 2039, 42-year-old David Thomas was murdered outside another pub in the village. Some of the most serious criminals in recent times have been from Finglas or operated there, including Eamon 'the Don' Dunne and Martin 'Mario' Hyland.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #712025
04/21/13 06:16 PM
04/21/13 06:16 PM
A
abc123 Offline
Underboss
abc123  Offline
A
Underboss

THIS IS the lethal cache of 9mm ammunition found beside a crowded bus stop this week.

Gardei believe that a gangland assassination could have been prevented after an eagle-eyed member of the public came - across a paper bag containing 100 rands of ammo for a Luger semi-automatic pistol.

Detectives have launched a major investigation after the live rounds were found last Thursday morning. Detectives believe that the bullets could have been in the process of being transported to a local criminal gang when the courier was unexpectedly disturbed on the Jamestown Road, in Finglas, Dublin. Officers immediately moved to seal off the area in a bid to find the Luger pistol and have described the find as "highly significant". They are currently trawling CCTV to see if they can identify the criminal who was carrying the dangerous haul. The bullets, which were inside a brown paper bag with writing on it, had then been placed inside a white paper bag.

They were found on top of a small wall behind a busy bus stop. One theory being ang hit found at bus stop examined is that the courier was walking down the road and may have seen a pass-ing patrol car and panicked, placing the bag on the wall. Once the coast was clear he planned to return to pick up the parcel, but it had already been spotted by an innocent member of the public who had been wait-ing to get a bus into the city centre. Stashed It is thought that less than 10 minutes had passed between the bullets being stashed and found by the man. The member of the public contacted the Sunday World to tell of his find and said he wanted to highlight how dangerous that Finglas has become.

He said he feared that young children could have picked up the bullets and that a serious accident could have happened. He was especially concerned that a courier could transport bullets in broad daylight when there were scores of peo-ple around. The man requested that we hand in the bullets to gardai and we immediately con-tacted Finglas station, who collected the ammunition. The haul is now being forensically examined to see if there are any traces of fingerprints or DNA. The man who found the ammunition said he was relieved that lives had been saved and said that if an unscrupulous person had came upon the bullets he could have sold them on the streets for at least £10 a pop.

The Luger 9mm pistol has become increasingly popular in gangland in recent years and has been used in sev-eral high-profile shootings. Shot Innocent young mum Donna Cleary was shot dead with a Luger in 2006, while senior Finglas criminal John Mangan was found with a loaded Luger down his trousers in a pub in Santry in 2007. The Luger 9mm is especially popular among the Limerick gangs, with gardai having seized a munber of such weapons over the last decade. Finglas is one of the busiest areas for gardai in the country and there have been several gangland hits there in recent years. In February 2312, 36-year-old Alan McNally was gunned down in a pub in Finglas village.

In July 2010, Calm Owens was gunned down in an industri-al estate by the Real IRA. In February of the same year cousins Mark Noonan and Glenn Murphy were killed in a double assassination at a serv-ice station by the Real IRA in a case of mistaken identity. In October 2039, 42-year-old David Thomas was murdered outside another pub in the village. Some of the most serious criminals in recent times have been from Finglas or operated there, including Eamon 'the Don' Dunne and Martin 'Mario' Hyland.

Hand up job ?

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #712027
04/21/13 06:21 PM
04/21/13 06:21 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

SIX people were in cus-tody last night after cannabis worth almost E4million was seized in two separate drug raids.

Both seizures were made as part of the Garda's ongoing investagion into Sale and supply of drugs in the west of Ireland, The raid in Galway and in Kells, Co Meath, were conduct-ed Wider the auspices of Operation Nitrogen, which tar-gets cannabis growing operations. In the Galway operation carried out yesterday, gardai found cannabis plants worth an estimated €2.5million in the Tuam area. Two men, in their mid-40s and early-50s, were arrested at the scene and held at Mill Street Garda station.

Operation

In a follow-up operation, two more men were stopped in a car and also arrested. The four are reported as being Asian nationals. Gardai uncovered what they called a "sophisticated" cannabis growing operation at a local busi-ness premises. Gardai from the Divisional Drugs Unit at Mill Street Garda station in Galway, assisted by local gardai and the Regional Support Unit, swooped on the building in an industrial estate in Milltown About 3,000 plants at various stages of growth and growing para-phernalia were seized. A spokesman said investigations are continuing.

The Tuam raid was the second sig-nificant seizure in 48 hours after €1.5 million worth of cannabis herb was seized earlier from a business premises in Kells, Co Meath. Two people, a than and a woman, were arrested in that operation on Friday night, The two also remained in custody last night when they were arrested after the bust. Officers from the Kells Garda drug unit, assisted by the Regional Support Unit, searched a business premises in the town and discov-ered a large cannabis cultivating operation. The 53-year-old man and 43-year-old woman were detained at the scene and held at Kells Garda sta-tion. The raid was part of an intelli-gence-led operation by the Kells Garda drug unit.

GARDA! SEIZE CAR AT TRAVELLER CHRISTENING

=GARDA! seized a luxury car and arrested two people after they swooped =on a traveller Christening in Coolock, Dublin, yesterday. The vehicle was impounded by officers after they arrived during the service in Priorswood Church, Clonshaugh, yesterday afternoon. It is believed that gardai are investigating if the car had been bought with =the proceeds of crime. Following the seizure, a number of travellers angrily remonstrated with gar-dai and a group eventually descended on Coolock Garda station.

A source said one thug issued a sinister threat to "kill" a garda officer as he was trying to calm the situation down. The traveller thug subsequent-ly fled the building and was chased by officers who attempted to arrest him. In total, two people, a 43-year-old male and an 18-year-old woman, were arrested for public order offences. IThe garda operation is believed to have been targeting criminal associ- Mates of murdered Joyce brothers Tommy (20) and John Paul (30).

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #712029
04/21/13 06:36 PM
04/21/13 06:36 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

THESE were the extraordinary moments the city of Boston erupted in joy and relief as cops ended the biggest manhunt in US history with a violent gun battle.

Nineteen-year-old Chechen student Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was captured hiding out in a boat in the backyard of a house in the city's Watertown suburb after a tip-off from a homeowner. Hundreds of cops, soldiers and agents supported by Black Hawk helicopters, armoured vehicles and a robot cornered the teenager who, with his older brother, is believed to have killed three people and maimed 176 in the worst terror attack in America since 9/11. Cheering The ar.rest ended five days of terror sparked by the double bombing at the finishing line of the Boston Marathon. The city's mayor, Thomas Menino, took to the police radio to exclaim: "We got him! I have never loved this city and its people more than i do today. Nothing can defeat the heart of this city. nothing."

Relieved law enforcement officers began cheering, clapping and high-living citizens after Tsarnaev, was arrested. Last night he was being heavily guarded and was in a serious condition at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center after losing a lot of blood. He surrendered after being hit twice by a fierce volley of fire unleashed by a cordon of officers who surrounded his bolthole. The Boston police department confirmed the end of the hunt on its official Twitter account by declaring: "CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won.

" Thousands of jubilant members of the public emerged from a citywide lockdown and took to the streets of Watertown to salute FBI, SWAT, ATF and police officers as they left the scene of Tsarnaev's final showdown. The bloody endgame came four days after the bombing and just a day after the FBI released surveillance-camera images of two men suspected of plant-ing the explosives that ripped through the crowd at the marathon finish line. Two blasts killed three people, including eight-year-old Martin Richard who tragically stood just feet from where Dzholchar Tsarnaev placed a rucksack with a deadly home-made pressure-cooker bomb. The captured bomber's older brother, Tamerlan (26), was shot dead on Friday after a 24-hour drama Boston police commissioner Ed Davis was celebratory in his tone as he took to Twitter to say: "It's a proud day to be a Boston police officer. Thank you all.

" Police cornered the younger bomber around 7pm local time, midnight in Ireland, and less than an hour after issuing an unprecedented order for citizens to lock themselves in their homes. Reports that the terrorist suspect had turned himself into a ticking human timebomb sparked fear throughout the city. The dramatic breakthrough came after a elderly boat owner went to his backyard and noticed blood on his boat. About 5.45pm, David Henneberry stepped outside his house on Franklin Street hi Watertown, less than three quarters of a mile from the center of the police search in the town. Neighbour George Pizzuto told ABC News that Mr Henneberry thought the canvas tarpaulin that covered his 25ft boat appeared to be askew. Blood "He looked and noticed something was off about his boat, so he put his ladder up on the side of the boat and climbed up, and then he saw blood on it," said Mr Pizzuto, Mr Henneberry fled to the home of neighbour Pizzuto with his ill wife, while hundreds of law enforcement officials converged on his backyard.

Two Black Hawk helicopters circled the area while SWAT teams moved through in formation, taking up shooting positions on garden sheds and suburban walls. Authorities used a bullhorn to call on the suspect to surrender but he refused to give himself up. "We used a robot to pull the tarp off the boat," said David Procopio of the Massachusetts State Police. "We were also watching him with a thermal imaging camera in our helicopter. He was weakened by blood loss — injured last night most likely." As nearby homeowners filmed the showdown on camera phones, a deafening burst of fire hit the boat along with flash-bang grenades and gas. The teenage terrorist surrendered moments later. The capture sent waves of relief through Boston and the suburb of Watertown where jubilant crowds took to the streets to thank police, FBI and law enforcement officials.

Teenagers waved American flags, people cheered and motorists honked car horns across the city. Hundreds of people marched down Commonwealth Avenue, a wide thoroughfare near the scene of the bombings, chanting "USA" and singing Sweet Caroline, the anthem of the local baseball team, the Boston Red Sox. New York Mets fans cheered when it was announced during a game against the Washington Nationals that the suspect had been apprehended.

In Boston's Irish-American neighbourhood of Dorchester, where eight-year-old bombing victim Martin Richard lived, residents set off fireworks to celebrate."We've closed an important chapter in this tragedy," said US president Barack Obama in a televised address. But he acknowledged that many unanswered questions remain about the motivations of the two men accused of perpetrating the attacks that unnerved the nation, and whether they had a support network of other Islamic extremists. "The families of those killed so senselessly deserve answers," said Mr Obama, who branded the suspects "terrorists". The Irish-American family of little Martin – whose six year-old sister also lost a leg in the bombing – issued a statement: "Tonight, our community is once again safe from these two men." Cornered Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed on Thursday night in a shootout with police less than a mile from where his brother was cornered. One witness of the firefight in which Tamerlan was killed said the younger brother made his getaway in an SUIT and that he ran over Tamerlan's body as he fled.

The men were identified within hours of Monday's bombing outrage in which 100 Irish citizens and marathon runners were caught up. After combing through a mass of pictures and video from the bomb site in the minutes before the bombing, the FBI had publicised images of the two men on Thursday and asked the public for help to find them. The manhunt and a full-scale lock-down cost the city an estimated $500 million. In separate interviews, the parents of the Tsarnaev brothers said they
believed their sons were incapable of carrying out the bombings. "He [Tamerlan] was controlled by the FBI, like, for three to five years," his mother Zubeidat said, speaking in English and using the direct English translation of a word in Russian that means monitored. "They knew what my son was doing, they knew what sites on the internet he was going to," she said from Makhachkala, the city where she lives in Russia's Dagestan region. The brothers were described as "all American kids" by friends. They had moved to the US as refugees from the war-torn Chech_nya region hi 2002.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #712031
04/21/13 06:53 PM
04/21/13 06:53 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

AN IRISHMAN has spoken of his shock after the world's most want-ed terrorist was arrested following a fierce gun battle - in his next door neighbour's garden.

Brendan Toye, from Carrigart in Donegal, lives in the house next door to 67 Franklin Street, where Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was captured after one of the most dramatic manhunts in US history. Hiding Brendan was holed up inside his home with his wife and nine-month-old baby as part of a massive city lockdown when hundreds of armed cops descended on his neighbour David Henneberry's back yard, where the 19- year-old Boston marathon bomber suspect was hiding in a boat. The 33-year-old carpenter revealed his shock at being told the terror suspect was in his neigh-bour's garden. "We had been watching TV and we knew the bomber was in the area somewhere, but we thought he was miles away," he said.

"The last thing we expected was to get a knock on the door saying he was next door to us." An armed cop, who was wearing a bullet-proof vest, calmly took Brendan's son and told them to get out of the house immediately. The policeman told Brendan they were not sure if the house next door or the boat had been booby-trapped or the bomber was carrying explosives. "I have to say I was shaking a little and toy wife was absolutely terrified," said Brendan. "For all we knew the house could have been

HORAN'S COUSIN KNEW BOMBER

SINGER Niall Horan's cousin Katie was a univer-sity colleague of bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and he lived on the floor beneath her, the Sunday World can reveal. 'N/Fellow students on the MI Dartmouth campus of the University of Massachusetts had no clue that the teen they knew as a keen sports star and social animal was a cold-blood-ed killer in their midst. =In a series of tweets as the drama unfolded, Katie Horan wrote: "I can't believe I know him. This is absolutely insane... This is crazy.blown up at any stage. It was surreal. We went into a neighbour's house and we stayed there.

" The Donegal man, who moved to America 12 years ago, then said he heard rapid gunfire about 15 minutes later followed by a serious of controlled explosions. He said they then heard loud applause after people realised the bomber had been caught. As he was going back to his house Brendan then caught sight of the suspect being removed in an ambulance. "He was covered in bandages and was moving so we knew he wasn't dead," he said.Someone is at gunpoint at my school? There are literally 9,000 cops out... Still shocked that this was the bomber and he lived on the floor above me." Another student said: "He Mlwas just so calm and relaxed. It's unimaginable he could commit such an atrocity." "This is such a quiet area and this won't put us off living in the area.

Trust an Irishman to be living next door to all this commotion," he said. For two hours Brendan - who has lived in Boston for 10 years - looked on as Black Hawk helicopters and SWAT teams swarmed the quiet suburban street where he lives with his wife Lori and their nine-month old baby son. Armoured He even telephoned his family in Donegal to tell them what was happening and joke that he couldn't get out for supplies for the baby. As well as hundreds of officers from the Boston PD and state police, there were SWAT teams and FBI and ATF agents armed to the teeth on the scene. They were backed up by armoured cars and black hawk helicopters. As the terrifying drama unfolded, Brendan phoned his family in Ireland to tell them what was happening on his street. His sister Laura, who lives in Donegal, said: "It was surreal as we got a lot of the news yesterday before it was reported on TV. It's been a sad week, but at least there is some relief that both suspects have now been accounted for"

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #712033
04/21/13 06:59 PM
04/21/13 06:59 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

BY MIKE PARKER

HIS SCHOOL-MATES found nothing remotely strange about Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

To his father, he was a "true angel", and to a family friend "a beauti-ful boy in a tux" at a prom party. He attended the prestigious the Rindge and Latin state school in Cambridge, and won a $2,500 scholar-ship in 2011, his final year. He then won a place at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth and was in the second year of a medical degree. Confusion Dzhokhar obtained a green card allowing him to stay in the US in 2007, and became a naturalised citizen on September 11, 2012.

Friends expressed confusion and dis-may at how a sociable if reserved 19- year-old became America's most want-ed man. In this own home, Tsarnaev had an alternative life, clearly attached to a homeland, Chechnya, he had never even visited, and to its faith, Islam. On his account with the Russian social networking site VKontakte he lists his 'World View' as 'Islam' and his

MYSTERY:

Dzhokhar Tsamaev 'Personal Priority' as 'career and mon-ey'. He posted a video expressing sym-pathy with rebels fighting in Syria, and a clip of a Kuwaiti sheikh talking to a blind boy who memorised the Koran. He also has links to pages calling for independence for Chechnya, which lost its bid for secession from Russia after two bloody wars in the 1990s. He also wrote: "Islam is not a religion of terror! Judge Muslims on Islam, and not vice versa!" On another social networking site Larry Aaronson, a retired teacher at the Rindge and Latin school, said: "I knew this kid. He could not have been a sweeter more gracious young man."

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #712042
04/21/13 09:24 PM
04/21/13 09:24 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline OP
Capo
DonMega  Offline OP
Capo
Ireland

TAMERLAN TSAHNAEV appeared to be an unremarkable young resident of his cosmopolitan suburb of Boston.

Yet the 26-year-old must have been an intense hatred for the US that led him to launch the lethal bombing of theBoston marathon with his brother,before being shot dead by police in the early hours of Friday morning.It was a violent end to the life of a young man who grew so radicalised after arriving in the US from Dagestan a decade ago that one of his favourite songs was ‘I will dedicate my life to Jihad‘.

A deeply religious Muslim and teeto- taller, Tamerlan saw sin all around him in the liberal north-east. “There are no values any more,” he once said. “People can't control themselves."

After five years in the US and still living with his parents, he told a student interviewing himfor a university project in 2011:

“I don’t have a single American friend. I don’t understand them."

Tamerlan is believed to have became more focused on‘ his religion after dropping out of Bunker HllI_ Community College, where he was a part-time student for three terms between 2006 and 2008.

He also dedicated himself to boxing,a sport rewarding discipline, at which he excelled.
Despite describing how he felt like an outsider in his adopted country,Tamerlan even told his student inter-viewer that he aspired to one day represent the US in boxing at the Olympic Games.

He was arrested for assault and battery after a complaint of domestic violence against his girlfriend in 2009.Tamerlan is believed to have been denied citizenship after his arrest.

An aunt of the brothers, Maret Tsarnaev, defended the men andsaid she was “suspicious that this was staged”.Travel records disclosed that he left New York on January 12, 2012, heading to Moscow, raising the prospect that he may have received training close to his birthplace.

Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull