GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 254 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,106
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,382
Posts1,059,701
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread #692583
01/24/13 03:05 AM
01/24/13 03:05 AM
J
jamewatsn Offline OP
Associate
jamewatsn  Offline OP
J
Associate
I am going to get in shape. But I was blessed with a fast metabolism as a kid and was very active. It has been only in the last few years living this so called "real life" that I have turned into someone unhealthy and in a shape I do not want to be in. I have no clue how to get healthy. I do not know what foods to eat, good exercises and good habits to work into my day to day.

So I am making this thread to gather and share info for anyone else looking to get in shape or just hit a physical goal. Anyone with input please share. This thread is to help encourage me to achieve my goal, and I hope others can set their goals and as a community support each other to reach them. I will update with more info tomorrow.

Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: jamewatsn] #692585
01/24/13 03:11 AM
01/24/13 03:11 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
This is being moved to the General Discussion Forum.

Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: SC] #692625
01/24/13 12:41 PM
01/24/13 12:41 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Jame, the only way to get into shape is to make it your utmost top priority--and stick to it:

First, if you're overweight, you must identify your weakness and put it behind you, forever. In my case, it was snacking after dinner. Not only did I have to stop, I had to accept that I could never, ever snack after dinner again--no exceptions. Lots of people lose weight, but very few can keep it off. You can never go back to whatever caused you to gain.

Second, you must make exercise your top priority, each and every day. You can only go so far with weight loss before your metabolism resets itself, and you hit a dead end. Exercising for as little as 30 minutes a day will keep the calories burning. No exceptions--daily! You'll have to be come a bit asocial--someone invites you out to a lunch that conflicts with your exercise period, say no to lunch.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: jamewatsn] #692630
01/24/13 12:52 PM
01/24/13 12:52 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Well maybe get muscular if not just lean, weight-lifting, power-lifting, etc are very rewarding, I love it! Best website for this is www.bodybuilding.com

Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: jamewatsn] #692635
01/24/13 01:12 PM
01/24/13 01:12 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
TB, I echo your advice. I also think that, as Nick seems to indicate, that one hit the weights to build muscle tissue. Here's why. For all practical purpses, it is only muscle tissue that uses the energy we get from food. To the extent that one increases one's muscle tissue, one will use up more calories.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: jamewatsn] #692957
01/26/13 03:59 PM
01/26/13 03:59 PM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
Weightlifting and nutrition is my true passion i love it and i encourage anbody to try it and not give up right away. i'm always willing to lend advice and answer questions to someone who's interested in beginning to get into working out wether they want to know about eating right and supplementing or just working out or both. i'd love to be a personal trainer someday

Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: jamewatsn] #692969
01/26/13 08:44 PM
01/26/13 08:44 PM
Brooklyn
R
RichieAnimal Offline
Capo
RichieAnimal  Offline
R
Capo
Brooklyn
Everything I do is related to soccer, but it is good for anyone

Conditioning is the most basic element of any athletic success. Without it, athletic success is the result luck. While luck is appreciated, it does unexpectedly go wherever it wants. Therefore, to achieve athletic success, luck must be removed and replaced with skill and execution. Only then will you be in control of the things you can control, at the time you need to control them.

Proper conditioning shall achieve three things. First, is the obvious plus in physical performance late in the game. Second, is that mental functions are quicker and more apt to be correct when not under physical duress. Third, is that most injuries occur as the players fatigue threshold approaches.There should never be a reason for anyone to wonder, if conditioning was a factor. That would suggest a lack of suitable preparation, which should not be allowed! Everyone must participate! For if just one player, for one instant, at a critical time, is not able to keep up, then that team effort shall be lost for always.The “Fartlek Running and Training Program” was developed by a strength and conditioning coach to address the physical requirements of “intervals”, which are found in most team athletics. The idea is that by using a training format which parallels the sport, the benefits of the training are realized more quickly. Quite surprisingly, research that is ongoing today, has shown that with little variation, the same training format works for almost all team sports.

FARTLEK RUNNING
The word “fartlek” comes from the Swedish words for “speed play”. Fartlek running and training consists of varying the distance and intensity of the work within the overall training distance that you run. This type of training will be performed in sets of three sessions, during a one week time frame.

General Training Guidelines
Stretch properly BEFORE AND AFTER each training session. A light jog is required to warm the muscles before stretching.
When speed runs are included early in the session, then some 1/2 speed runs must be performed first as part of the warmup, to prepare the muscles. Then after comes the cool down. Light jogging and stretching after heavy training sessions will rid your legs of waste products (lactic acid). A buildup of lactic acid shall cause a heavy and sluggish feeling in the legs. Light jogging and stretching will relieve that feeling.Always use a watch and time your runs. It is best to keep a training diary of your times etc.It is best to train with one or two other people.

Always take in fluids in moderate levels before, during, and after a training session. Water is fine, or use a sport drink if you prefer (not a soft drink).Make sure that you are playing as well as doing the conditioning program. Playing soccer Work on your passing, first touch with the ball, and shooting. DO NOT ONLY RUN!!!!

Explanation of Training Notes
You should not begin interval training of any kind until your aerobic capacity has been established. If your fitness level is not high, you should plan to complete at least 2 weeks of regular aerobic capacity training before attempting fartlek or other interval training.

A sample plan for 4 weeks of aerobic capacity training for U15 and above would be the following:

Week 1: Choose a distance you can run comfortably in about 25 min. Run the same distance four times, attempting to reduce your time to between 20 and 22 min by the fourth run. (Don’t worry if your time does not improve every time you run - look for a trend toward improvement!)

Week 2: Choose a distance you can run comfortably in about 30 min. Run the same distance four times, attempting to reduce your time to between 26 and 28 min by the fourth run.

Week 3: Choose a distance you can run comfortably in about 35 min. Run the same distance four times, attempting to reduce your time to between 30 and 33 min by the fourth run.

Week 4: Choose a distance you can run comfortably in about 40 min. Run the same distance four times, attempting to reduce your time to between 35 and 38 min by the fourth run.This training, which is quite short but intense, should be done regardless of whether you have a practice.

Crunches should be done in sets; for example, if you see 100 crunches (5x20), this means you should do 5 sets of 20 crunches, with 20-30 seconds of rest between sets.

Rough distance equivalents in terms of a full-size soccer pitch:
15 m = about 1 stride less than the distance from the goal line to the top of the 18

20 m = centre of the goal to the closer edge (not the top) of the penalty area

50 m = goal line to halfway line

100 m = 1 field length

200 m = 2 field lengths

800 m = 8 field lengths or about 2.5 circuits outside the lines

1 km = about 3 circuits

“Running the lake” = about 3.5 km or a bit less.“Shuttle cones” are a given number of cones or other markers set up a given distance apart. To run this exercise, start from the given distance before the first cone, run to the first cone and then back to the start, then to the second one and back to the start, and so on. So if you see “2 - 4 x 10 shuttle cones, 30 sec rest between”, that means to set up your cones or other markers like this, where ‘S’ is the starting line:
S o o o o
|-- 10 m --|-- 10 m --|-- 10 m --|-- 10 m --|

You would run the shuttles once, then rest for 30 sec, then run them again for a total of 2 sets. If you see “4 - 4 x 15 shuttle cones”, that means to run 4 repetitions with 4 cones set up 15 m apart, and the first one 15 m from the starting line.
“Back sprints” are simply sprints performed running backwards

Only the unloved hate
Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: RichieAnimal] #692980
01/26/13 09:16 PM
01/26/13 09:16 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Richie, if you're going to copy stuff from the web and paste it here, you need to acknowledge the source--it's someone else's intellectual property:

http://www.msysa.org/docs/IntervalTraining.pdf

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: jamewatsn] #692981
01/26/13 09:25 PM
01/26/13 09:25 PM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
To get in shape, you needs these things: motivation; diet; workout.

It was really hard for me to get my fat ass out of my house and start running. So, I put my motivation up - women. In good shape with a good body you're bound to get more pussy than being a fatass.

Diet - You need to eat healthy. You can workout as much as you want, but if you don't eat right you don't get the result. My diet:
Breakfast: 100gr of Rice, 200g of chicken fillet, 50gr peanuts;
Lunch: 100gr of Rice, 200g of chichen fillet;
2nd Lunch: 100gr of meat(I eat chicken fillet);
After training or cardio: Whey protein concentrate;
Dinner: 200gr Curd, 50gr peanuts
TIP: boil the rice and the meat, that way it won't loose it's elements that you need the most.
Rice contains carbonyte - gives you energy and good for your brain for thinking
Meat/chicken fillet/curd - gives you protein, makes your muscles grow and eat the carbs in your body.
peanuts - gives you unsaturated fat, that's easy to burn in workout. All this shit like icecream for example or candy contains saturated fat, that's hard to get off.
Whey protein concentrate - drink it after your workout, it neutralizes lactic acid and gets your muscles to not burn out.

Workout:
Practically, if you want to loose weight fast, you need a training program. What I suggest. Go to the gym three days a week, all the other days do cardio(running). If you want to fasten up the process, run also on the days when you go to the gym. Don't be a fa***t don't run inside the gym on those running boards, inhaling smelly farts. Do it outside in the nature where's fresh air, it'll be more interesting. Change your routes if you get bored from the same ones. A friend of mine when he started workout, he was running twice a day. If you need a workout program, message me up, I'll write you the one I use.

If you want to even go more hardcore, you can cut out carbs out for one week and live only on protein, that'll activate ketose in your brain, but you'll be having no energy and won't be able to think normally. But your muscle will eat up the fat as they will need someone to eat from.

I hope it helped, if you need more advices, hit me up or ask here.

By the way, this is how I workout weekly:
Monday: Boxing
Tuesday: Gym + Cardio
Wednesday: Boxing
Thursday: Gym + Cardio
Friday: Boxing
Saturday: Gym + Cardio
Sunday: Free Day.

Last edited by ThePolakVet; 01/26/13 09:27 PM.

Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: jamewatsn] #692985
01/26/13 11:32 PM
01/26/13 11:32 PM
Brooklyn
R
RichieAnimal Offline
Capo
RichieAnimal  Offline
R
Capo
Brooklyn
Turnbull ask them were they got it from. It was originally on the soccer coaches email list I was one of the original posters on that site. I did not make that original post. But I liked it and sent it to myself on my yahoo e mail account.

We all take what we like and dismiss what we don't like we can use them as handout to our teams. I also put a lot of my original posts on my email account that other sites have put on there without ever giving me credit.

One of my original names I used posting on soccer was Mrsoccer. Now 100 people use it.

I am telling you that site you sighted was not the original poster of that information on fartlick

Only the unloved hate
Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: jamewatsn] #692993
01/26/13 11:58 PM
01/26/13 11:58 PM
Brooklyn
R
RichieAnimal Offline
Capo
RichieAnimal  Offline
R
Capo
Brooklyn
David graham a friend of mine from Canada did the training notes. I guy named Chris Williams did the farllek. Your site stole his and Grahams post.

Look up fartlick on the soccer coaches list

Last edited by RichieAnimal; 01/27/13 12:05 AM.

Only the unloved hate
Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: jamewatsn] #693079
01/27/13 06:05 PM
01/27/13 06:05 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I'm 35 now and, as you get older, your ability to recover from a workout gets less and less. So I just do a 4 circuits of 6 compound exercises three times a week.

1. Pull Ups
2. Dips
3. Push Ups
4. Curls
5. Laterals
6. Squats

I go from one exercise to the next with no rest and only rest 1 minute between circuits. This keeps the heart rate up and gives you an aerobic workout too, as well as helps keep the body fat down.

I like it because I can do it in about a half hour and it's simple. But obviously everyone has to find what works best for them.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: Turnbull] #693094
01/27/13 09:35 PM
01/27/13 09:35 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Richie, if you're going to copy stuff from the web and paste it here, you need to acknowledge the source--it's someone else's intellectual property:

http://www.msysa.org/docs/IntervalTraining.pdf

Turnbull I do not believe he is infringing on intellectucual property rights because it was part of the list they sent out to all the soccer coaches in New York State
lol lol lol

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #694471
02/05/13 02:26 PM
02/05/13 02:26 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
I'm 65 and on Jan 1 2011 I was weighing in at 235. At 6'1 that is FAT. I resolved and have kept the resolution for more than two years now, and am down to a trim 172 (had to buy all new clothes). The deal is simple. Fifteen minutes a day every day (well almost) on a rowing machine. Have to do at least 2500 km (so its 2500 km or more than 15 mins if that is necessary. On a good day I can do 2.7).

And thats it. I take stairs when I can and park at the far end of parking lots, and walk when it is a few blocks to my desitnation.

I cut out all processed foods all hard booze and seldom drink beer (which leaves wine). Red meeat maybe once every two weeks at the most. Semi-vegetarian diet, lots of green and yellow veggies, rice and beans, tofu, 8 glasses of water a day, all whole grains, nuts, berries, yogurt, and thats my trick.

Last edited by dontomasso; 02/07/13 03:19 PM.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: jamewatsn] #694947
02/07/13 12:09 AM
02/07/13 12:09 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Not overdoing it is important in any exercise program. I started developing Tendonitis at age 16 from gymnastics. Seven years later and I am still feeling it at times. My oldest brother is thirty-three, and years of heavy weight training ruined his front shoulder. He can lift all sorts of heavy poundage's except if it involves the shoulder to a certain degree. I train for the long run, hopping to be fit in later years.

Re: The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread [Re: jamewatsn] #696247
02/13/13 02:42 AM
02/13/13 02:42 AM
R
Revend Offline
Associate
Revend  Offline
R
Associate
Its a fabulous post about health and nutrition. I am very impressed with it. Well for health proper nutrition and healthy food are important. Exercise is also very helpful because it is essential for healthy body so to live healthy life we should do exercise daily and eat well and healthy food only.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull