GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 291 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,673
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Antonio] #688305
01/06/13 01:24 PM
01/06/13 01:24 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Originally Posted By: Antonio
North America? Does that include Canada in this case? Because personally I would like to know people's opinion on whether the Rizzuto's are more powerful than the Genovese's or vice versa?

Hate to say, Rizzuto and the Carauna family have a lot of power! There all over the world too! They've got some serious juice!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Revis_Knicks] #688310
01/06/13 01:43 PM
01/06/13 01:43 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Antonio,

The Rizzuto's are in no way bigger than the Genovese family they report to the Bonanno family or did and the Bonanno's don't even compare to the Genovese family.

Now add the war and disfunction that has been happening with the Rizzuto's the last few years they don't stand a chance.

I think Vito and the Rizzuto's were powerful at one time but not to be compared with the big 2 in N.Y Genovese and Gambino.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Revis_Knicks] #688311
01/06/13 01:47 PM
01/06/13 01:47 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Antonio you got to admit those guys make a TON of money! They really report to the Bonnano family? Thats offensive for a guy like Rizzuto!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Revis_Knicks] #688322
01/06/13 02:20 PM
01/06/13 02:20 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
But I have to know, who is on your profile pic?

That's Mickey Rourke in "The Pope of Greenwich Village." You must be a young'un grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: EastHarlemItal] #688329
01/06/13 02:44 PM
01/06/13 02:44 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Eggs is literally 345 years old, smart but he's old, he still plays the underboss role but like everyone else that old its tough

Tough isn't the word. The guy is practically blind now. I honestly believe that for all intents and purposes that he's retired.

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I'm still on the fence regarding whether he signed off on Ralph's murder or not.

THERE IS NO WAY! HE WOULD HAVE NEVER TOUCHED Ralphie!

You've been pretty excitable lately, EH tongue whistle. But I agree with you here. I didn't believe it in '98 when the guy wasn't around to defend himself, and I don't believe it today. Anyone who's even a second hand acquaintance of theirs knows how close they were.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Revis_Knicks] #688332
01/06/13 03:01 PM
01/06/13 03:01 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
While Rizzuto was in Jail he was head of a consortium of Sicilian and Ndrangheta families trying to build a bridge from Sicily to Mainland Italy the project was to cost billions of dollars.

Since Rizzuto's have fallen and Quebec has opened a corruption inquiry into Government dealings with the Mafia mayors of several different cities in Quebec have had to resign over being in the Rizzuto's pocket and this just from Municipal portion of the inquiry. The premier of Quebec which is the Canadian equivalent to a Governor was not reelected in the last provincial election mainly due to allegations of corrupt dealings with the Rizzuto's.

Coming up here in a couple of weeks the Quebec Corruption probe steers it's direction towards Provincial and Federal Mafia Corruption which you can bet is going to topple several more politicians and others in high places.

Back when the Rizzuto's were are the height of their power a powerful Federal politician of the ruling liberal party Alfonso Gagliano was alleged to be a made member of the Rizzuto Family and close associate of the Caruna-[BadWord]'s. Gaglianio who was instrumental in the election of of former prime minister Jean Chrétien and was said to a close personal friend of his. For those unaware the position Prime Minister of Canada is Canada's Equivalent to the president. Gagaliano was eventually forced to resign from his position of Public Works Minister over the allegation of ties to the Rizzuto's.

At the height of the Rizzuto's Reign which laster some 30 years the family had influence in every major city in Canada and had cells in USA, Italy, Venezuela, Germany, Aruba and Switzerland.

It's all relative but no New York in the last 50 years has infiltrated and influenced Governments at all levels and the legitimate economy the way the Rizzuto's did in Canada at the height of their power. And no New York family has had the kind of international influence the Rizzuto's had at the height of their power in the last 50 years.

Last edited by Giordano; 01/06/13 03:08 PM.
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Giordano] #688333
01/06/13 03:05 PM
01/06/13 03:05 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Giordano
It's all relative but no New York in the last 50 years has infiltrated and influenced Governments of all levels and the legitimate economy the way the Rizzuto's did in Canada at the height of their power.

I agree. But Rome fell up there for those guys. Big picture, the Genovese guys have lasted for the past 80 years. And while the American mob is a shadow of its former self, those guys are still pretty influential in the street AND in legitimate enterprise. For that reason, I have to go with the Genovese family.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Revis_Knicks] #688334
01/06/13 03:14 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Reluctantly agree!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Revis_Knicks] #688335
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
PB how are the rocketballz you have time to play golf lately..its fucking cold up north

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: pizzaboy] #688338
01/06/13 03:20 PM
01/06/13 03:20 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada

Pizzaboy I agree with you that at this point the Rizzuto's no longer wield that kind of power and currently the Genovese maybe the most powerful. However up until Vito went to Jail I think it's hard to argue that any other family wielded that kind of influence.

However unless the Canadian judicial system changes someone whether that's Vito or not will eventually consolidate power and they will once again start to infiltrate government. Quebec is the only province in Canada that has held this kind of inquiry it sure would be interesting if other provinces followed their lead. Police in Ontario allege Ndrangheta families have the same sort of influence there.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #688339
01/06/13 03:21 PM
01/06/13 03:21 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
PB how are the rocketballz you have time to play golf lately..its fucking cold up north

I'm still here until the 17th, DN. But I love the RocketBallz. They eat my Clevelands for lunch. And I played Clevelands for almost twenty years.

We'll be in Florida until Easter, hopefully. It depends on my mother in law's health and a few other things. But if you're down in Palm Beach County for any reason, shoot me a pm. I'll take you to PGA National. The place is gorgeous and shockingly reasonable if you don't play the Haig course (that's where they play the Honda Classic).

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Giordano] #688341
01/06/13 03:22 PM
01/06/13 03:22 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet

Pizzaboy I agree with you that at this point the Rizzuto's no longer wield that kind of power and currently the Genovese maybe the most powerful. However up until Vito went to Jail I think it's hard to argue that any other family wielded that kind of influence.

However unless the Canadian judicial system changes someone whether that's Vito or not will eventually consolidate power and they will once again start to infiltrate government. Quebec is the only province in Canada that has held this kind of inquiry it sure would be interesting if other provinces followed their lead. Police in Ontario allege Ndrangheta families have the same sort of influence there.

Does Vito still answer to the Bonnano Family? Everything you read about that guy is impressive! Aren't both his children his personal legal team? And who are they thinking killed his father?

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: EastHarlemItal] #688342
01/06/13 03:23 PM
01/06/13 03:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I agree, buddy. Long term it's hard to argue because of the difference in the judicial systems. I was talking about right now smile.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: EastHarlemItal] #688343
01/06/13 03:24 PM
01/06/13 03:24 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Aren't both his children his personal legal team?

Sabrina? wink lol

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: pizzaboy] #688344
01/06/13 03:26 PM
01/06/13 03:26 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Aren't both his children his personal legal team?

Sabrina? wink lol

Yeah, ouch! My Bad!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: EastHarlemItal] #688346
01/06/13 03:37 PM
01/06/13 03:37 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
Hey Eastharlem,

There isn't any evidence since Montagna was taken out that the Bonnano's are still influencing events in Montreal. I think Montagna pissed off a lot of people in Montreal as he tried to take the reigns. Its tough to say for sure though.

There are still a couple of groups trying to fight to take over. One of those is headed by Vito and another is headed by a jailed Calabrian gangster Giuseppe De Vito. There are probably others but recent information indicates that those are the two main ones vying for power. Alliances seem to be very fluid and change quickly.

Until someone can consolidate power and there is one ruling family I think it's difficult to gage how much influence any of the New York or Ontarion families have in Montreal.

As for who killed Nick Sr I think the evidence points to Montagna teaming with guys from Montreal and Ontario who opposed the Rizzuto's. For what it's worth most of those said to have been involved in taking out Nick Sr. are now Dead or in Jail.

Last edited by Giordano; 01/06/13 03:40 PM.
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: pizzaboy] #688349
01/06/13 03:40 PM
01/06/13 03:40 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

I'm still here until the 17th, DN. But I love the RocketBallz. They eat my Clevelands for lunch. And I played Clevelands for almost twenty years.

We'll be in Florida until Easter, hopefully. It depends on my mother in law's health and a few other things. But if you're down in Palm Beach County for any reason, shoot me a pm. I'll take you to PGA National. The place is gorgeous and shockingly reasonable if you don't play the Haig course (that's where they play the Honda Classic).

No Doubt yeah the only golf I'm playing right now is Tiger Woods lol

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Giordano] #688351
01/06/13 03:42 PM
01/06/13 03:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
If you're taking a rooting interest in this stuff (and you probably shouldn't), it's hard not to pull for Rizzuto. The guy was given NO CHANCE when he came out. Not by the media, not by the mob watchers, not by anyone. And he's still standing and consolidating his power. The longer he survives, the harder he'll be to displace. I wouldn't bet against him.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Giordano] #688356
01/06/13 03:49 PM
01/06/13 03:49 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Hey Eastharlem,

There isn't any evidence since Montagna was taken out that the Bonnano's are still influencing events in Montreal. I think Montagna pissed off a lot of people in Montreal as he tried to take the reigns. Its tough to say for sure though.

There are still a couple of groups trying to fight to take over. One of those is headed by Vito and another is headed by a jailed Calabrian gangster Giuseppe De Vito. There are probably others but recent information indicates that those are the two main ones vying for power. Alliances seem to be very fluid and change quickly.

Until someone can consolidate power and there is one ruling family I think it's difficult to gage how much influence any of the New York or Ontarion families have in Montreal.

As for who killed Nick Sr I think the evidence points to Montagna teaming with guys from Montreal and Ontario who opposed the Rizzuto's. For what it's worth most of those said to have been involved in taking out Nick Sr. are now Dead or in Jail.

Excellent info! Appreciate it. It's interesting to me the dynamic up there. Especially the divide between the Sicilians and the Neopolitans.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: pizzaboy] #688364
01/06/13 03:58 PM
01/06/13 03:58 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
Pizzaboy,

It's bad to say but I agree. He was so successful at running his family and then taken down by turncoats from the Bonanno family which he had reportedly tried to cut ties with years earlier. While he's in jail keeping his mouth shut his son is killed and then a member of the same Bonnano family that put him in Jail is trying to not only takeover his operation but is involved in killing of his father and other close friends and family. All this while he sits in jail powerless.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Giordano] #688365
01/06/13 03:59 PM
01/06/13 03:59 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Pizzaboy,

It's bad to say but I agree. He was so successful at running his family and then taken down by turncoats from the Bonanno family which he had reportedly tried to cut ties with years earlier. While he's in jail keeping his mouth shut his son is killed and then a member of the same Bonnano family that put him in Jail is trying to not only takeover his operation but is involved in killing of his father and other close friends and family. All this while he sits in jail powerless.

Exactly.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: EastHarlemItal] #688371
01/06/13 04:09 PM
01/06/13 04:09 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
EastHarlemItal,

I think the Sicilian and Calabrian split is somewhat over played by media as Rizzuto has Calabrian allies and Im sure De Vito has some Sicilian ones also but some of the Ndrangheta families or Calabrian families from Ontario were involved in the initial onslaught against the Rizzuto's.

The Ndrangheta/Calabrian families that look to be involved seem to be those who the Rizzuto's had run over while they were consolidating their power in the 80's or those whose toes they stepped on while trying to move into ontario in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Giordano] #688373
01/06/13 04:12 PM
01/06/13 04:12 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal,

I think the Sicilian and Calabrian split is somewhat over played by media as Rizzuto has Calabrian allies and Im sure De Vito has some Sicilian ones also but some of the Ndrangheta families or Calabrian families from Ontario were involved in the initial onslaught against the Rizzuto's.

The Ndrangheta/Calabrian families that look to be involved seem to be those who the Rizzuto's had run over while they were consolidating their power in the 80's or those whose toes they stepped on while trying to move into ontario in the late 90's and early 2000's.

The Media! Thats why I don't take what they write seriously! So much is twisted! Whether it's to taint a jury pool, make a guy look bad etc!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Giordano] #688376
01/06/13 04:21 PM
01/06/13 04:21 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Carma is a bitch look what his Dad had done to the Cotroni's and Violi's.

He shot one of the Violi brother's dead in his kitchen while eating dinner with his family 30 plus years later Nick Sr goes down the same way.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Revis_Knicks] #688379
01/06/13 04:25 PM
01/06/13 04:25 PM
Chicagoland
SgWaue86 Offline
Capo
SgWaue86  Offline
Capo
Chicagoland
I think if you're told to take a plea deal and dont then it becomes a rule. Look what happend with Lawerance Ricci

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: SgWaue86] #688381
01/06/13 04:36 PM
01/06/13 04:36 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Originally Posted By: SgWaue86
I think if you're told to take a plea deal and dont then it becomes a rule. Look what happend with Lawerance Ricci

It does? That's a single incident! So your saying it's a rule across the board like the question was posed? Tino put Ricci down for more than just not taking a plea! Ricci was hurting others just as bad as himself.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: EastHarlemItal] #688396
01/06/13 06:29 PM
01/06/13 06:29 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
But isn't it a rule in the family to take a plea deal now? And on another note Barney right now could become boss if he wanted to which in some respects he is. But in this day and age who the hell wants it?

There are no rules as far as I know, it's the path of least residence though. Think of it from a business stand point. Do 50 years if you fight or 5 if you dont! Barney, no he doesn't need the hassle, he's got enough! He doesn't feel the nostalgia or have an ego enough to want it!

Danny Leo gets out of the can in a few weeks, there's another serious player! Another East Harlem guy making us proud! Pleasent Ave/ 118th to be exact!

Danny Leo gets out a week from today. January 25th to be exact.

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSer...mp;x=92&y=8

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #688401
01/06/13 07:02 PM
01/06/13 07:02 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
But isn't it a rule in the family to take a plea deal now? And on another note Barney right now could become boss if he wanted to which in some respects he is. But in this day and age who the hell wants it?

There are no rules as far as I know, it's the path of least residence though. Think of it from a business stand point. Do 50 years if you fight or 5 if you dont! Barney, no he doesn't need the hassle, he's got enough! He doesn't feel the nostalgia or have an ego enough to want it!

Danny Leo gets out of the can in a few weeks, there's another serious player! Another East Harlem guy making us proud! Pleasent Ave/ 118th to be exact!

Danny Leo gets out a week from today. January 25th to be exact.

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSer...mp;x=92&y=8

Wow great find Schmo! Seriously being an FBI agent has its perks! Unreal the access to information you guys have!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: Revis_Knicks] #688416
01/06/13 08:34 PM
01/06/13 08:34 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Think he'll be boss?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America [Re: NickyEyes1] #688423
01/06/13 08:42 PM
01/06/13 08:42 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Think he'll be boss?

Nicky from what I've learned from these guys on here there is no boss nor will there ever be for awhile. Gamms has said it before, the Feds arrest maybe one guy out of four or five guys running that family and then "claim" he's the acting boss. Danny Leo just happened to be one of those guys back during the time he was indicted. But when he gets released it'll be safe to say the Genovese administration will be whole again.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull