GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 47 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,680
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? #687840
01/04/13 10:34 PM
01/04/13 10:34 PM
NYC
SiciNy Offline OP
Made Member
SiciNy  Offline OP
Made Member
NYC
does anyone have the pic of george sciascia with his eye blown out on the street in the bx? i saw it once but havent found it since......

Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: SiciNy] #687844
01/04/13 11:08 PM
01/04/13 11:08 PM
M
meffaboston Offline
Underboss
meffaboston  Offline
M
Underboss
Why did the bonnanos whack him... It way Joe right

Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: meffaboston] #687847
01/04/13 11:18 PM
01/04/13 11:18 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Originally Posted By: meffaboston

He talked shit about TG- Graziano. Scascia Told Massino and Vitale that TG was a coke freak

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #687849
01/04/13 11:25 PM
01/04/13 11:25 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Originally Posted By: meffaboston

He talked shit about TG- Graziano. Scascia Told Massino and Vitale that TG was a coke freak

Well..... lol

Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: SiciNy] #687851
01/04/13 11:37 PM
01/04/13 11:37 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
According to massino he was also whacked because george from canada killed the son of a made guy (Rizzuto crew) in Canada, but it hasnt been revealed who he killed and who was that made guy.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: Dapper_Don] #687852
01/04/13 11:39 PM
01/04/13 11:39 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
According to massino he was also whacked because george from canada killed the son of a made guy (Rizzuto crew) in Canada, but it hasnt been revealed who he killed and who was that made guy.

This was the real reason.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: carmela] #687857
01/04/13 11:55 PM
01/04/13 11:55 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Originally Posted By: carmela

oh yeah! Read below from the Rats themselves

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/m/blogpost?id=6329524%3ABlogPost%3A72

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: SiciNy] #687858
01/04/13 11:57 PM
01/04/13 11:57 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #687860
01/04/13 11:58 PM
01/04/13 11:58 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ

oh yeah! Read below from the Rats themselves

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/m/blogpost?id=6329524%3ABlogPost%3A72

Yeah I know what was said. First of all, I don't read anything written by the fuck Dave Amoruso. Second of all, I don't believe that was the real reason.

Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: SiciNy] #687862
01/05/13 12:06 AM
01/05/13 12:06 AM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
http://books.google.com/books?id=q7qlDG1...utput=html_text

If they were doing it for Canada and Vito its weird why Vito was so upset!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #687864
01/05/13 12:19 AM
01/05/13 12:19 AM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
http://books.google.com/books?id=q7qlDG1...utput=html_text

This ...I read somewhere that Vito was pissed so it couldn't have been done on their behalf...

BTW, I was watching a Mobster Doc tonight and they showed the death photo of George from Canada. It was the Doc on Massino.

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: SiciNy] #687865
01/05/13 12:21 AM
01/05/13 12:21 AM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
I thought the story goes they dumped him in the Bronx so it would look like a drug deal gone bad so it wouldn't come back to Massino?

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: SiciNy] #687866
01/05/13 12:24 AM
01/05/13 12:24 AM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
I know you guys hate Wikipedia, but....

In the 1990s, relations between Massino and Sciascia had started to sour. As capo of the Bonanno crew in Montreal, Scascia was becoming more independent of Massino and more aligned with Vito Rizzuto. Growing richer and stronger, Rizzuto became less willing to defer all decisions to the Bonannos.

On April 30, 1992, Scascia's top lieutenant in Canada, Joseph LoPresti, was found shot to death in a Montreal lot. The Rizzutos murdered LoPresti, a Bonanno made man, without any prior notification or approval from the New York Bonanno leadership. Sciascia defended the killing to Salvatore Vitale as justified because LoPresti was selling drugs.

On a later occasion, When Rizzuto refused to send a hit team to New York to kill Bonanno target Robert Perino, Sciascia infuriated Massino by again supporting Rizzuto. When Bonanno capo Anthony Graziano, a Massino loyalist, appeared high on drugs in a meeting, Sciascia started telling other Bonanno family members that Graziano was a substance abuser. When new family boss Joseph Massino heard about Sciascia's complaints, he felt Sciascia was attacking him also. Feeling that Sciascia was challenging his authority, Massino, in a jealous rage, decided to have him killed.

In early 1999, at a wedding anniversary party, Massino gave the following message to Salvatore Vitale: "George has got to go". The plan was for fellow capo Patrick DeFilippo to invite Sciascia to a meeting to resolve an ongoing disagreement with Graziano over a marijuana racket. It was crucial that the murder not be linked to the Bonanno family in any way to avoid a potential conflict with the Rizzuto family in Montreal.

On March 18, 1999, Sciascia received a note at his jewelry store telling him to meet DeFilippo at a Manhattan dinner. At the dinner, DeFilippo told Sciascia that were driving to a different location and the three men entered mobster John Spirito's SUV. As Spirito drove the vehicle, DeFilippo shot Sciascia in head with a silenced gun. The gunmen then drove to a deserted Bronx street, where they left the body on the road.A passerby saw the dumping and immediately called the police.

Vacationing in Mexico, Massino immediately met with each of the Bonanno capos to tell them he did not know what happened to Sciascia and theorized it was a bad drug deal. However, in private, Massino reportedly remarked "It served him right for telling me how to run the family.

On July 30, 2004, Massino was convicted of seven murders, including the Sciascia murder. With prosecutors intent on asking for the death penalty, Massino quickly offered to become a government witness. On June 24, 2005, Massino confessed to ordering Sciascia's murder along with many other crimes. He was sentenced to life in prison.

On January 11, 2006, DeFilippo was indicted on several federal racketeering charges,including the Sciascia murder. However, on May 9, 2006, the jury exonerated him of the murder charge.

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #687945
01/05/13 12:53 PM
01/05/13 12:53 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

That speaks volumes, unless Vito was just putting on a show (which I doubt).

Personally I think it was a combination of things. My cousin bought an engagement ring off Sciascia back in the early '90s. He got ripped off, to say the very least. No one misses that guy in the Bronx, that much I can tell you.

As far as Canada, I couldn't tell you. Sonny_Black is a valuable source of information on Canada. Maybe he'll come out of retirement and make a post smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: SiciNy] #687956
01/05/13 01:51 PM
01/05/13 01:51 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Massino acknowledged that he gave the order to kill Bonanno capo Gerlando "George from Canada" Sciascia - despite his fondness for the gangster - because Sciascia had murdered the son of a made man in Canada.

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2011/04/tape-in-vinny-gorgeous-trial-reveals.html

The cross-examination of a Mafia turncoat started quietly and predictably enough on Thursday. Joseph C. Massino, the former boss of the Bonanno crime family, spoke matter-of-factly about having to kill one of his closest associates, simply because he had disobeyed protocol.
“As much as I didn’t want to kill him,” Mr. Massino said of the 1999 murder of Gerlando Sciascia, “I had to kill him.”

Mr. Massino admitted that he had lied to the crime family about his involvement in the murder of Mr. Sciascia (known as George from Canada) in 1999, whose body was dumped on a Bronx street.

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2011/04/ex-mob-boss-tells-jury-calmly-about.html

Here a random tidbit about Massino after he was jailed.

According to Massino, he set up a panel to run the family while he was in jail that includeed Anthony "TG" Graziano, a capo named "Peter Rabbit" and the another named " Joe Saunders" otherwise known as Joseph Cammarano. Vitale was to be removed as underboss,which he was.

http://tonydestefano.com/id3.html

It was in prison in 2004 that Mr. Massino learned from his lawyer that Mr. Basciano had appointed himself the acting boss. He acknowledged that he also heard that the “word on the street” was that the captains were unhappy with Mr. Basciano’s leadership because “he thinks he’s John Gotti.”
Under questioning from Mr. Goltzer, Mr. Massino conceded that Mr. Basciano had shown disrespect by appointing himself acting boss, since Mr. Massino was technically still the boss even while in prison. He added that he could have ordered Mr. Basciano killed, but that by that time he was already cooperating with the government.

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2011/04/ex-mob-boss-tells-jury-calmly-about.html

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Gerlando Sciascia and jewelry; his murder [Re: pizzaboy] #687967
01/05/13 02:28 PM
01/05/13 02:28 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Personally I think it was a combination of things. My cousin bought an engagement ring off Sciascia back in the early '90s. He got ripped off, to say the very least. No one misses that guy in the Bronx, that much I can tell you.

As far as Canada, I couldn't tell you. Sonny_Black is a valuable source of information on Canada. Maybe he'll come out of retirement and make a post smile.

PB:

If you don't want to answer the following, I entirely understand.

Assuming your cousin purchased the ring at a jewelry store, was John Chiazzese affiliated with this store, perhaps even the owner of the store??

Thanks in advance.

On the theory of Sciascia's killing Lo Presti, the Rizzutos' ordering Lo Presti's murder, etc.: I don't buy it at all. I'll try to find time to post and summarize all the theories about Lo Presti's murder but I'll say at the outset that most online mobwatchers are unaware how stricken with grief Vito was about the murder. This grief wasn't feigned either. Of all the theories, I believe only in the one that argues Lo Presti was killed by individuals attached to the Gambino Family.

On the general theory of Sciascia's being killed on the order of the Rizzutos: I don't buy it at all.

On the specific theory of Sciascia's being killed because he killed the son of a made man in Montreal: Not until Massino mentioned this in his testimony did this theory emerge. What puzzles me is that both the name of the murder victim and that of his father should be fairly obvious, easily researched, etc.; yet no names have come forth, and no organized-crime experts seem to be curious about Massino's "admission."

Re: Gerlando Sciascia and jewelry; his murder [Re: antimafia] #687975
01/05/13 02:48 PM
01/05/13 02:48 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: antimafia
PB:

Assuming your cousin purchased the ring at a jewelry store, was John Chiazzese affiliated with this store, perhaps even the owner of the store??

John owns Throggs Neck Jewelers, on the corner of Tremont and Greene, right across the street from Louie's Seafood. He's an okay guy. Everyone in the neighborhood uses him for engagement rings and whatnot. I should point out that my cousin purchased the ring "outside" the confines of the store, and pretty much brought the problem on himself. Gerry had a bad rep, and I'm not just saying that because he got popped.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: pizzaboy] #688104
01/05/13 08:17 PM
01/05/13 08:17 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo

Was it the old cubic zacony trick pretending to be a diamond??Or was it the gold plated trick

Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: antimafia] #688117
01/05/13 09:02 PM
01/05/13 09:02 PM
L
Lenin_and_McCarthy Offline
Capo
Lenin_and_McCarthy  Offline
L
Capo

On the specific theory of Sciascia's being killed because he killed the son of a made man in Montreal: Not until Massino mentioned this in his testimony did this theory emerge. What puzzles me is that both the name of the murder victim and that of his father should be fairly obvious, easily researched, etc.; yet no names have come forth, and no organized-crime experts seem to be curious about Massino's "admission."

Between that and saying Sonny Black wasn't killed over Brasco, is Massino turning into a problem now or something?

Re: Gerlando Sciascia and jewelry; his murder [Re: pizzaboy] #688126
01/05/13 10:08 PM
01/05/13 10:08 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
PB:

John owns Throggs Neck Jewelers, on the corner of Tremont and Greene, right across the street from Louie's Seafood. He's an okay guy. Everyone in the neighborhood uses him for engagement rings and whatnot. I should point out that my cousin purchased the ring "outside" the confines of the store, and pretty much brought the problem on himself. Gerry had a bad rep, and I'm not just saying that because he got popped.

Did he find out he got screwed after he gave it to the woman, or before? lol

Re: Gerlando Sciascia and jewelry; his murder [Re: SiciNy] #688283
01/06/13 09:32 AM
01/06/13 09:32 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
Gerry had to go,guys

Re: Gerlando Sciascia and jewelry; his murder [Re: SiciNy] #688297
01/06/13 12:22 PM
01/06/13 12:22 PM
S
SharpieOne Offline
Button
SharpieOne  Offline
S
Button
George from Canada kept a few homes, right? One in Canada, one in Westchester I think, and one on Stadium Ave. in the Bronx?

Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: tiger84] #688321
01/06/13 02:17 PM
01/06/13 02:17 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: tiger84
Was it the old cubic zacony trick pretending to be a diamond??Or was it the gold plated trick

Nothing so sinister. The ring was real. The guy just didn't do the right thing price wise, considering that a mutual friend made the recommendation.

Did he find out he got screwed after he gave it to the woman, or before? lol

He kept it and gave it to her. They're still together smile.

Originally Posted By: SharpieOne
George from Canada kept a few homes, right? One in Canada, one in Westchester I think, and one on Stadium Ave. in the Bronx?

I know nothing about Canada except that they have free health insurance, very cold winters and they haven't won a World Series in twenty years. Not sure about his home in Westchester, either. But yeah, he owned a home in Country Club over by the water.

And welcome to the boards, Sharpie smile.

Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: pizzaboy] #688326
01/06/13 02:31 PM
01/06/13 02:31 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet

Originally Posted By: SharpieOne

I know nothing about Canada except that they have free health insurance, very cold winters and they haven't won a World Series in twenty years. Not sure about his home in Westchester, either. But yeah, he owned a home in Country Club over by the water.

Same street as your fancy dressing quiet friend? He needs new gutters! It looks terrible!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #688327
01/06/13 02:35 PM
01/06/13 02:35 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Same street as your fancy dressing quiet friend?

Not quite, but close enough wink.

Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: pizzaboy] #688328
01/06/13 02:40 PM
01/06/13 02:40 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet

Same street as your fancy dressing quiet friend?

Not quite, but close enough wink.

You shop at the same store for you Sport Coats!!! Time Warp Fashions!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #688330
01/06/13 02:45 PM
01/06/13 02:45 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Was that really necessary? lol

Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: pizzaboy] #688331
01/06/13 02:49 PM
01/06/13 02:49 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet

Was that really necessary? lol

When a plaid sport coat with different check pants are worn! You have to admit it almost looks like its a practical joke at times!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: SiciNy] #688345
01/06/13 03:30 PM
01/06/13 03:30 PM
S
SharpieOne Offline
Button
SharpieOne  Offline
S
Button
Does anyone know exactly which house on Stadium he owned? The cross street or something? There's some nice houses there.

Re: Gerlando Sciascia murder photo? [Re: SiciNy] #694725
02/06/13 08:03 AM
02/06/13 08:03 AM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss

'George from Canada' Sciascia

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull