GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Big_Tuna93, 1 invisible), 260 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,685
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
irish gangster #687283
01/02/13 08:50 PM
01/02/13 08:50 PM
tommykarate Offline OP
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline OP
Underboss

One thing about wiseguys...the hustle never ends.-tony soprano
Re: irish gangster [Re: tommykarate] #687285
01/02/13 08:51 PM
01/02/13 08:51 PM
tommykarate Offline OP
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline OP
Underboss
Sorry bout postn the other website seen it and thought people would like to read it.takes balls to stand up to the ira

Last edited by tommykarate; 01/02/13 08:52 PM.

Re: irish gangster [Re: tommykarate] #687339
01/03/13 12:18 AM
01/03/13 12:18 AM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
Tommy the cops think this was retaliation for the hit on Alan Ryan last September. Now Alan Ryan's death was a big setback for the Real IRA as he was a leader who was very well loved by some very important people in the IRA movement and Bobby Sands sister's political campaigning website of the 32 County Sovereign Movement carried out a public and anguished eulogy to his life. Anyone who knows the Irish history knows Bobby Sands is a legend to the IRA cause.

Eamon Kelly was no slouch but he weren't no angel. Thing is in Dublin the IRA are looking to squeeze out the historical families in the area and are not looking to do any deals. Its there way or the highway and no compromise. The Real IRA have a hold over a substantial portion of OC but in Limerick they have struggled to get a foothold and in Dublin the local guys ain't willing to hand over the whole show. So we have reprisals and counter-reprisals and it goes on and on. You're right it does take balls to stand up to the Real IRA but when you face the IRA chances are you're gonna get whacked anyway cos it ain't too often they let people walk off into the sunset. "I've given up the gig". Nah fuck you we don't believe you pop a coupla slugs as a retirement gift etc... When army, cops and journos are legitimate targets who gives a fuck bout croaking a gangster? Thats the way they see it and that's the game (or patriot game as my ol man used to pay the record back in the day).

Anyway, this is how hard it hit them and this was printed on the official website for the political movement that is the voicebox of the Real IRA: "The 32 County Sovereignty Movement wishes to extend our heartfelt sympathy to the Ryan familly following the cowardly murder of our friend, comrade and activist Alan Ryan. Alan was shot in the back in cold blood on the streets where he grew up, streets where he had worked tirelessly to tackle the scourge of drugs which he had always opposed with every fibre of his being. We cannot express in words the pain now felt by both the movement as a whole and individual activists now that he has been taken from us. Alan's murder does not mean the end of the cause for which he gave his life. Whether it was as an ex Republican prisoner campaigning for his comrades in Maghaberry, or as an anti drugs activist protecting his community Alan set an example which will be followed. He will not be forgotten by his comrades who remain and who will carry on his legacy as resolutely as he did the legacy of others who fell before him".

^^^^^^ This more likely than not is the reason why Eamon Kelly is no longer with us today. Thats what the word is anyhow it aint a secret even from the cops themselves.

Such was the bad feeling that a journalist was threatened couple a months back now. Apparently some big time Gaelic sports star was seen at the funeral and someone blabbed. Since his death there has been a big step up in this campaign:- [url=http://www.independent.ie/national-news/associates-of-slain-real-ira-boss-alan-ryan-send-death-threats-to-female-journalist-3310247.html][/url] http://www.independent.ie/national-news/...st-3310247.html

Believe it or not the 32 County movement also has the website in Italian. Not sure I can post the link cos of the sensitive nature of the material so I won't. Just found that kinda strange. Spanish I could understand with the South America connection but Italian? WHo knew they gave a rats ass?

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 01/03/13 12:19 AM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: irish gangster [Re: tommykarate] #687529
01/03/13 06:43 PM
01/03/13 06:43 PM
OldSmoke Offline
Made Member
OldSmoke  Offline
Made Member
Ever since about 2008 there's been some brutal drug wars in Dublin and Limerick. There are a number of gangs and clans who concentrate drugs but have other OC activities. Most of these gangs are overseen by either the IRA or their left-wing counterparts INLA. The gangsters have started fighting back over the past year or so. When I was over there in 2005, IRA-linked dealers were even selling coke in Dublin rehab facilities. huh, micks

Re: irish gangster [Re: tommykarate] #687574
01/03/13 09:47 PM
01/03/13 09:47 PM
tommykarate Offline OP
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline OP
Underboss
Ever seen the movie 50deadand men walking? Its about the ira.pretty good movie.Wats the deal with the ulster freedom fighters? That may not b the correct name

Re: irish gangster [Re: tommykarate] #687664
01/04/13 05:27 AM
01/04/13 05:27 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
@SEAN_SOUTH

You seem to know alot on the Irish organized crime. In Limerick alot of the crime lords were of Irish Traveller descent I've heard, while in Dublin they are mostly of the settled Irish community. But do these groups mostly work in different clans or are there a lot of mixed groups of both settled Irish and Travellers ?

Re: irish gangster [Re: tommykarate] #687747
01/04/13 02:25 PM
01/04/13 02:25 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
Not all the crooks in Limerick are tinkers but yeah they have a very heavy influence cos lets face it the clandestine nature of the gypsy world lends itself to criminality. They police themselves, they don't trust the Cops (or as Dubliners say) "the shades" and they are reared to be physically tough and to box and go toe to toe bare knuckle style.

Part of my family history traces back to Limerick and the rest to Dublin and South Armagh so I know the mentality there and even though its a relatively small place with a population of 90,000 it has a raging drug and gang problem for a place of its size. I haven't been to Ireland since 2009 though so things may have changed. The IRA according to news reports do have some kind of foothold there so guess I could have been misinformed. Or maybe things have just changed since last I heard.

However South Armagh is a different story. You really have to be in and around the families in South Armagh to be trusted in South Armagh. They call it Bandit Country for a reason. One of them is that they carry out their own business and they don't really mingle that well with outsiders. I only went there once as a young child but it left a lasting impression believe me. These guys are serious pros and they wouldn't use the travellers for anything that needed to be kept zipped tight. The tinkers have many qualities but professionalism ain't one of them. The South Armagh crew are the top pros in the IRA. Even today they still pull armed roadblocks in the area.

Dublin has always had crooks that wouldn't tow the line. My cousin who lives in out in Florida used to have a property in the north of Dublin and he was going to his home one day and saw Martin Cahill was slumped in the wheel pumped full of lead. He did business with the wrong people and wouldn't bow down to the IRA and they made an example of him. The movie about him is called 'the General'. The IRA whacked him out front of his home.

What you will find is when it comes to military operations the Real IRA won't use travelers. For one thing their first loyalty is to their clan and not only that they usually come with lots of baggage and infighting.

They can't be within an inch of each other without breaking out in a fist fighting they are prone to being very unstable. Very useful for day to day business and for stuff like extortion of businesses which is still big business in Ireland but also a major pain in the butt cos you just don't know where you stand with em.

One minute they with you, they against you and the next minute they fighting with their enemies against another clan. Or are they gonna get big ideas and come back at you? it's too much. That's why only the IRA can really have the presence to deal with them at all.

The IRA is different culture and they use all walks of life. The underworld is heavily influenced by the tinkers but the IRA wouldn't think anything of moving in on a traveller site to collect extortion. It could be they used another traveller clan as muscle to do this as well which is one of the perks of having a clan on call. They done this recently last summer to a famous traveller family from Ireland.

Basically their site was bulldozed down and it was linked to the IRA who denied it. But get this these guys support the cause so make of that what you will. Sometimes it's just about the money I guess and some of these clans have plenty of it. The IRA deny this and say it was a rogue element using their name without permission but anyway just to give a bit of balance but it happened.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 01/04/13 02:30 PM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: irish gangster [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #687779
01/04/13 04:20 PM
01/04/13 04:20 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Thnx for the info !
I have heard alot about the IRA being a major force in organized crime. I have once read a book 'Judas Pig' that was written by an ex-gangster from London and tells some of the heavy dealings of the 'Hunt' firm from Canning Town ( East End London ), a presumably succesful ( and outrageously viscious) criminal group that has managed to stay under the radar. The firm regularly had dealings with the Real IRA in the drugs and weapon trade, eventhough the firm were British East Enders. Money talks, bullshit walks apparently lol

Re: irish gangster [Re: TheKillingJoke] #687788
01/04/13 04:51 PM
01/04/13 04:51 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Thnx for the info !
I have heard alot about the IRA being a major force in organized crime. I have once read a book 'Judas Pig' that was written by an ex-gangster from London and tells some of the heavy dealings of the 'Hunt' firm from Canning Town ( East End London ), a presumably succesful ( and outrageously viscious) criminal group that has managed to stay under the radar. The firm regularly had dealings with the Real IRA in the drugs and weapon trade, eventhough the firm were British East Enders. Money talks, bullshit walks apparently lol

You got it KJ. The paper still green right? Even if it do have the head of the damn Queen on it.

George Carlin
Re: irish gangster [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #687792
01/04/13 05:15 PM
01/04/13 05:15 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Thnx for the info !

You got it KJ. The paper still green right? Even if it do have the head of the damn Queen on it.

It's not only the case between Irish and British mobsters. Serb and Albanian, Russian and Chechen,...gangsters have all worked together as long as some descent profit could be made from the cooperation. In that respect organized crime really brings cultures together lol

Re: irish gangster [Re: tommykarate] #687812
01/04/13 07:11 PM
01/04/13 07:11 PM
OldSmoke Offline
Made Member
OldSmoke  Offline
Made Member
I thought her majesty's pound had a pink hue to it....lol

Seriously though, SeanSouth, great info. I totally didn't think about the tinkers and the crap they have going on. Irish tinkers are active in Britain too if I recall.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull