GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (dixiemafia, JGil916), 183 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,948
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,340
Posts1,058,941
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: Dapper_Don] #716397
05/19/13 06:50 PM
05/19/13 06:50 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Posted this in the other outfit thread, but it should of been in here.

Does the outfit have any modern day connections/rackets/interaction with the families in nyc, philly, new england?

Some guys may know some other guys, and there may be some familial relations but I'm hard pressed to think of any real business connections. Bonanno soldier Vincent "Elmo" Amarante operated a strip club in Chicago back in the late 1990's/early 2000's but I'm not sure if the Outfit had a piece of that or anything.

The mob really doesn't have the nationwide union presence to need intersecting interests between New York and Chicago today. The same can be said about the "open territories" of the past.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: IvyLeague] #716405
05/19/13 07:07 PM
05/19/13 07:07 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Posted this in the other outfit thread, but it should of been in here.

Does the outfit have any modern day connections/rackets/interaction with the families in nyc, philly, new england?

Some guys may know some other guys, and there may be some familial relations but I'm hard pressed to think of any real business connections. Bonanno soldier Vincent "Elmo" Amarante operated a strip club in Chicago back in the late 1990's/early 2000's but I'm not sure if the Outfit had a piece of that or anything.

The mob really doesn't have the nationwide union presence to need intersecting interests between New York and Chicago today. The same can be said about the "open territories" of the past.

I am aware of the Amarante adventure in Chicago, the Outfit most likely gave their blessing/got a small cut from his operations.

The mob doesnt really have any national racket that stretches from the west to the east that would require the intersecting cooperation of the Outfit and NY for its function. Not like the old days.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: IvyLeague] #716413
05/19/13 07:18 PM
05/19/13 07:18 PM
P
PP Offline
Made Member
PP  Offline
P
Made Member
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Here we go again with the Chicago is different mumbo jumbo.

People can come up with any terms they like, even if there is little to no basis for it, in order to inflate things. Bottom line, in 2007 the FBI cited 28 made members and a little over 100 associates. So, perhaps a total manpower of about 150.

The latest estimates for the Colombo family in New York is about 100 made members and 500 associates. So, about a total manpower of 600.

I personally don't put a whole lot of stock in associate estimates but, if we're comparing apples to apples, the Colombos would be 4x the size of the Chicago mob today.

I think his point is exactly what you're saying. An associate in Chicago is different than one in New York. So an associate in New York would be a soldier in Chicago. And an associate in Chicago would be...

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: PP] #716415
05/19/13 07:29 PM
05/19/13 07:29 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: PP
I think his point is exactly what you're saying. An associate in Chicago is different than one in New York. So an associate in New York would be a soldier in Chicago. And an associate in Chicago would be...

We're saying very different things. He's coming up with his own terms and definitions in order to pad the numbers. All I know is that the FBI didn't bother to differentiate between "made members" and "soldiers" back in 2007. And even if somebody wants to pull their own wording out of thin air, that doesn't change the fact that the feds cited what they did - 28 made members and a little over 100 associates. So this "40 made members, 120 soldiers, and several hundred associates" isn't going to fly.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: IvyLeague] #716418
05/19/13 07:43 PM
05/19/13 07:43 PM
E
elmwoodparker Offline
Made Member
elmwoodparker  Offline
E
Made Member
Ivy, you're right. The Outfit is weak and practically doesn't exist in Chicago. There is no difference in the structure and terminology between New York and Chicago. The Feds Know everything about including that the Boss of the Outfit in 1986 was Joe Ferriola, not Sam Carlisi. The 5 New York Families are the greatest and the little weak Outfit couldn't compare to any of them. You're Right. I agree with you.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: elmwoodparker] #716432
05/19/13 08:16 PM
05/19/13 08:16 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: elmwoodparker
Ivy, you're right. The Outfit is weak and practically doesn't exist in Chicago. There is no difference in the structure and terminology between New York and Chicago. The Feds Know everything about including that the Boss of the Outfit in 1986 was Joe Ferriola, not Sam Carlisi. The 5 New York Families are the greatest and the little weak Outfit couldn't compare to any of them. You're Right. I agree with you.

Pete, is that you?

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: IvyLeague] #716445
05/19/13 09:21 PM
05/19/13 09:21 PM
E
elmwoodparker Offline
Made Member
elmwoodparker  Offline
E
Made Member
Completely wrong. See the other thread for correction. You are confused about the differences in Structure and terminology. My 10 points on the other thread are my final say on how big of a dick the rat infested disorganized Colombo family is in New York where everybody and his brother is a made guy.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: elmwoodparker] #716508
05/20/13 09:59 AM
05/20/13 09:59 AM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss
Don here is some advice...completely ignore every post this fuck Ivy writes and continue to provide good info you are as more posters are paying attention to you than him.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: ChiTown] #716511
05/20/13 10:11 AM
05/20/13 10:11 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: ChiTown
Don here is some advice...completely ignore every post this fuck Ivy writes and continue to provide good info you are as more posters are paying attention to you than him.

No need for a personal attack here.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #755261
12/24/13 05:30 AM
12/24/13 05:30 AM
dgvc63 Offline
Made Member
dgvc63  Offline
Made Member
So much of the outfit's so called power is the Chicago and Illinois political machine itself. It's been absorbed into the fabric of every town council and chamber of commerce surrounding the city. Are the guys wearing sharkskin suits and hanging out in a club with painted windows anymore...not so much.

As the neighborhoods have changed and diluted so have the Italian street gangs of the Patch, Taylor St. and Bridgeport. Roseland's Italian's broke in two and moved to South Holland and Chicago Heights and now even those places and people have been diluted as the Americanization continues. Don "The Wizard of Odds" Angelini's kid is a middle-aged lawyer for example and Angelini himself was college educated.

But nevertheless they are there, still to this day. Diminished in some areas maybe, involved in bigger and better hidden things DEFINITELY. The guys I banged around with in the Heights and Cal City could only tell me how the neighborhood USED TO BE, and even their stories were hand me downs by the time I heard them. The contract rigging continues, the guys that have switches to turn the odometers off in their city and municipal vehicles continue, the droves of Joey Baggadonuts cops and streets and san workers continue. The no shows, the college kids who get great jobs over the Summer...

Eventually even the Italians woke up declared some taxes and stopped stuffing their jack in the mattress and did things to enter the legitimate world and kept stealing. Ah America!

"There are no friends in crime." ~ Muccanera

"Look everyone right in the eye and walk in like you own the joint." ~ Me

È negli occhi
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull