GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Brovelli), 191 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,426
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,304
Posts1,058,284
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Another Montreal Mafia-related shooting #683918
12/17/12 03:40 PM
12/17/12 03:40 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
The target was Giuseppe Fetta.

Link:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/inju...l#ixzz2FKi12F4f

Excerpt:

Man with Mafia links injured in Ahuntsic shooting
Giuseppe Fetta, 33, taken to hospital after being shot at about 10:10 a.m. on St. Laurent Blvd.

By Anne Sutherland and Paul Cherry, THE GAZETTE
December 17, 2012 2:02 PM

MONTREAL — Police sources have confirmed that the victim of a shooting on St. Laurent Blvd. Monday morning is a man with known ties to the Mafia in Montreal.

Giuseppe Fetta, 33, was taken to a hospital after having been shot at around 10:10 a.m. on St. Laurent Blvd. between Sauriol and Fleury Sts. The victim, who was shot at least once, was beside a car when the shooter came up on foot. After firing off the shots, the man ran off.

It is not known at this time what the severity of his injuries are, Montreal police Constable Anie Lemieux said.

Two police sources confirmed the injured man is Fetta, a man who in the past has been tied to Francesco Del Balso, a young leader in the Mafia currently serving a lengthy prison term after pleading guilty to taking part in several conspiracies investigated during Project Colisée.

Fetta was included among the many people arrested in Project Colisée in 2006 but only for a minor offence, relative to the other charges produced by the lengthy investigation....

Re: Another Montreal Mafia-related shooting [Re: antimafia] #683938
12/17/12 04:33 PM
12/17/12 04:33 PM
AntonioRotolo Offline
Button
AntonioRotolo  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: antimafia
The target was Giuseppe Fetta.

Link:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/inju...l#ixzz2FKi12F4f

Excerpt:

Man with Mafia links injured in Ahuntsic shooting
Giuseppe Fetta, 33, taken to hospital after being shot at about 10:10 a.m. on St. Laurent Blvd.

By Anne Sutherland and Paul Cherry, THE GAZETTE
December 17, 2012 2:02 PM

MONTREAL — Police sources have confirmed that the victim of a shooting on St. Laurent Blvd. Monday morning is a man with known ties to the Mafia in Montreal.

Giuseppe Fetta, 33, was taken to a hospital after having been shot at around 10:10 a.m. on St. Laurent Blvd. between Sauriol and Fleury Sts. The victim, who was shot at least once, was beside a car when the shooter came up on foot. After firing off the shots, the man ran off.

It is not known at this time what the severity of his injuries are, Montreal police Constable Anie Lemieux said.

Two police sources confirmed the injured man is Fetta, a man who in the past has been tied to Francesco Del Balso, a young leader in the Mafia currently serving a lengthy prison term after pleading guilty to taking part in several conspiracies investigated during Project Colisée.

Fetta was included among the many people arrested in Project Colisée in 2006 but only for a minor offence, relative to the other charges produced by the lengthy investigation....

Yeah Giuseppe Fetta, Charles Battista, Danny Canas were all bodyguards for Del Balso and Giordano.
"After Macri's murder, police observed Giuseppe Fetta, Danny Winton, Martinez Canas and Charles Edouard Battista, who police claim are Mafia bodyguards, examining a handgun with a silencer in a warehouse garage on St. Laurent Blvd. At one point, Battista fired a shot into the ground. Battista was seen giving a machine gun to Fetta while he assembled a second machine gun. Fetta was also seen with a 12-gauge shotgun, according to court documents.

On Sept. 12, Montreal police seized two AR-15 semi-automatics, a machine gun and a 12-gauge shotgun from the warehouse garage that belonged to Francesco Del Balso."

Re: Another Montreal Mafia-related shooting [Re: antimafia] #683942
12/17/12 04:36 PM
12/17/12 04:36 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
What the heck is going on up there, we need a score card to keep track of all the players...

Go Vito go !

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: azguy] #683947
12/17/12 04:39 PM
12/17/12 04:39 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
A good assumption to make is that today's target was loyal to Vito.

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #683956
12/17/12 04:59 PM
12/17/12 04:59 PM
AntonioRotolo Offline
Button
AntonioRotolo  Offline
Button

Ehhhh, paesan was like what? 23 years old when Vito went away? Feel like this is more of a street conflict then anything having to do with Vito.

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: AntonioRotolo] #683960
12/17/12 05:23 PM
12/17/12 05:23 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: AntonioRotolo

Ehhhh, paesan was like what? 23 years old when Vito went away? Feel like this is more of a street conflict then anything having to do with Vito.

My second post should have made clearer I was responding to azguy.

Fetta has been referred to in newspaper articles as someone who associated with Francesco Del Balso and Francesco Arcadi, among others. Fetta has also been identified as a bodyguard assigned to Arcadi and as one of five bodyguards who, in the early 2000s, were considered to be an elite corps tasked with defending the old Rizzuto-organization leadership: Vito, Nick Sr., Renda, Arcadi, Sollecito.

Keep in mind, as well, that Fetta's father appears to have associated with Del Balso and Lorenzo Giordano. RCMP Cpl. Vinicio Sebastiano testified on September 25, 2012, at the Charbonneau inquiry, that Fetta's father had a vehicle in that same garage on St. Laurent Boulevard that housed the arsenal of weapons (along with Giordano's vehicle).

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684021
12/17/12 09:55 PM
12/17/12 09:55 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
I don't think one can assume Fetta is still loyal to Rizzuto although that maybe the case as they mention in Paul Cherry's article that he had been associating with the Scoppa's in recent months and Daniel Renaud one of the French writer's has insinuated that the Scoppa's are or were aligned with Di Maulo and the Cordeleone side. He has also mentioned the Scoppa's as opposing the Rizzuto's.

The Arcadi crew has had conflict with the Scoppa's going back to a kidnapping a few years back also. Tough to say which side Fetta is on. If he is now associating with Scoppa's who seem to be one of the most powerful factions in Montreal right now he maybe considered a traitor by the Rizzuto/Arcadi faction. The Scoppa's Mucsle have been getting picked off one by one over the last few months and this may well be another case of that.

The above poster who mentioned this could nothing to do with any mafia war could be correct also as that is Paul Cherry's opinion also in the below podcast:

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2012/12...less-organized/

Last edited by Giordano; 12/17/12 10:03 PM.
Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: Giordano] #684029
12/17/12 10:52 PM
12/17/12 10:52 PM
S
Sawseech Offline
Associate
Sawseech  Offline
S
Associate
Giordano,

what we make of the fact that Cordeleone service was at Loreto Complex???

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684033
12/17/12 11:05 PM
12/17/12 11:05 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
Sawseech I didn't know that and that completely confuses me and makes me question everything I've been reading. I don't think Loreto has hosted the funeral's of those that have opposed the Rizzuto's although if I remember correctly Frank Cotroni's funeral may have been there but he died of natural causes and he accepted Rizzuto leadership after the Viol's were taken out.

Lorenzo Lopresti's funeral was there also and that is why I questioned those who said he and Antonio "Tony Suzuki" Pietrantonio had turned against the Rizzuto's and sided with Montagna/Arcuri. Pietrantonio was at Nick Sr's funeral also.

Last edited by Giordano; 12/17/12 11:12 PM.
Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684051
12/17/12 11:44 PM
12/17/12 11:44 PM
S
Sawseech Offline
Associate
Sawseech  Offline
S
Associate
Agreed it is a very confusing situation. I don't think attendance is an indication which side these guys are on and lets face it wise guys are due facci.You are correct in that they have not hosted any of their enemies. Di Maulo service elsewhere..Cordleone yes.

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684068
12/18/12 12:18 AM
12/18/12 12:18 AM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
Sawseech,

I agree with you that attendance may not say much but after Nick Sr. was taken out it seemed like most had written the Rizzuto's off. Nick Sr.'s family members complained about how few people in mafia circles had attended his funeral. When a boss or someone as influential as him is killed and so few people show thats a message to the family in itself so I thought it showed at least some sort of respect/loyalty that Pietrantonio showed up.

The whole situation is so murky and hard to decipher I thought it was starting to clear up but the Cordleone funeral makes me rethink everything

Last edited by Giordano; 12/18/12 12:20 AM.
Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: Giordano] #684077
12/18/12 01:17 AM
12/18/12 01:17 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Giordano
I don't think one can assume Fetta is still loyal to Rizzuto although that maybe the case as they mention in Paul Cherry's article that he had been associating with the Scoppa's in recent months and Daniel Renaud one of the French writer's has insinuated that the Scoppa's are or were aligned with Di Maulo and the Cordeleone side. He has also mentioned the Scoppa's as opposing the Rizzuto's.

The Arcadi crew has had conflict with the Scoppa's going back to a kidnapping a few years back also. Tough to say which side Fetta is on. If he is now associating with Scoppa's who seem to be one of the most powerful factions in Montreal right now he maybe considered a traitor by the Rizzuto/Arcadi faction. The Scoppa's Mucsle have been getting picked off one by one over the last few months and this may well be another case of that.

The above poster who mentioned this could nothing to do with any mafia war could be correct also as that is Paul Cherry's opinion also in the below podcast:

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2012/12...less-organized/

Giordano:

You are correct. Uncharacteristically, I almost verged on asserting that Fetta was a Rizzuto loyalist. I'm not sure why I did that when I consider how cautious I am about jumping to conclusions. For example, I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest Vito was behind Di Maulo's murder.

Some analyses by organized-crime reporters of events in the Montreal Mafia over the last three years have proven to be flawed. Even seasoned journalists like Daniel Renaud have drawn inaccurate sketches of the landscape in Montreal's Italian underworld.

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684119
12/18/12 08:52 AM
12/18/12 08:52 AM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
Antimafia,

I'm starting to agree on Di Maulo I'm completely confused now with the Cordleone funeral. I still think there are players in this who's names haven't come to forefront.

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684121
12/18/12 09:12 AM
12/18/12 09:12 AM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
Heres another newer article that suggests Fetta was now part of a group headed by
Giuseppe De Vito who this article and others suggest is openly against the Rizzutos.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/quebec...r-les-fetes.php

The attempted murder of the gangster Giuseppe Fetta yesterday could herald eventful holiday in Montreal. This is at least what has been entrusted to La Presse police sources, judicial and criminal environment, which point out that the eldest son of Vito Rizzuto, son Nick, was shot dead on December 28, in broad daylight in the street .

"In the middle, we hear that many people will receive a Christmas gift," a source told us who frequents Italian coffees.

"The holiday season may be hot," added a lawyer, which is based on the murder and attempted murder that shook the mafia repeatedly since the release from prison of the fallen godfather Vito Rizzuto, October 5 - and especially since the killing of the influential mafioso Joe Di Maulo, November 4 at Blainville.

Since the murder, Italian organized crime was hit by three other murders and two attempted murders, including those committed against Giuseppe Fetta yesterday. Tony Gensale, 43, Mohamed Awada, 47, and Emilio Cordileone, 50, were killed, as well as a tug Giuseppe Fetta have meanwhile been victims of attempted murder, all in the same area of ​​northern Montreal, by the very hot days.

Although these crimes are perhaps not the same mobile, they all seem to have the same thread: instability in the criminal environment caused by the absence of a leader in the saddle.

According to our sources, some take advantage of this instability for settling scores, revenge or doing housework. Alliances are, others undone. Negotiations are underway. While some people out of the shadows and become confident, others fear for their lives and abandon their activities soon adopted by other, creating friction.

With ponytail

The attempted murder yesterday against Giuseppe Fetta is a new headache for the police, who do not always see light in this time of great instability.

Fetta out of his vehicle when he was riddled with bullets, boulevard Saint-Laurent, near the street Sauriol. He was conscious when he was taken to hospital, where doctors were able to stabilize his condition.

In the early 2000s, Fetta was part of a group of thugs and mafia frequented assiduously Consenza, headquarters of the Sicilians, Jarry and coffee Laennec in Laval. He was the driver and bodyguard Lorenzo Giordano, Lieutenant of the Rizzuto clan convicted following Operation Coliseum - and still held.

Fetta, which was filmed with acolytes being tested for semi-automatic weapons in a garage during the investigation Colosseum, was charged with possession of a weapon and gangsterism.

According to our sources, Fetta have taken up the ranks in recent years and would have joined the formidable chieftain Giuseppe De Vito. The latter, called ponytail, was arrested in October 2010, after a mare four years. According to court documents, De Vito would lead his own group and now is at loggerheads with members of the Rizzuto clan.

Sources also provides a link between the attempted murder suffered by Fetta and murder of another man's hand with the mafia which he worked, Ennio Bruni was killed when he went out for coffee Bellerose in Laval in September 2010.

Fetta is a hard drive. In 2008, he was attacked by three men while he was talking on the phone at the Montreal Detention Centre (Bordeaux). He made his escape three attackers. One of them had to start from the top of the second floor, and suffered a compound fracture.

Fetta and others of his followers were present at the bar Upperclub the evening of 24 October 2006, when two members of street gangs, Jean-Patrick Fleury and Vladimir Nicolas, were killed and thrown into the fire escape at the rear establishment.

It was also at Moomba in Laval when a rising star of the Mafia, Mike Lapolla, was killed in March 2005.

Fetta was a business owner who was the housekeeping of Moomba, it was learned before the Régie des alcohols, des courses et des jeux in February.

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: Giordano] #684148
12/18/12 12:11 PM
12/18/12 12:11 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Some analyses by organized-crime reporters of events in the Montreal Mafia over the last three years have proven to be flawed.

Could you name an example?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: Sonny_Black] #684295
12/18/12 09:50 PM
12/18/12 09:50 PM
Quebec, Canada
vito_andolini Offline
Button
vito_andolini  Offline
Button
Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Some analyses by organized-crime reporters of events in the Montreal Mafia over the last three years have proven to be flawed.

I don' t think the article connecting Fetta to Ponytail was out when this was posted. Earlier reports only went as far as indicating that he was Giordano's bodyguard, connecting him to Vito and presuming he was loyal. The new connection to Ponytail now makes sense. In other words, who's next..

Not just getting my stripes, something I can't talk about. Something that was ruining my whole life and he made it right. For what I owe him, I would follow that man into hell.
Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: vito_andolini] #684391
12/19/12 10:16 AM
12/19/12 10:16 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: vito_andolini

I don' t think the article connecting Fetta to Ponytail was out when this was posted. Earlier reports only went as far as indicating that he was Giordano's bodyguard, connecting him to Vito and presuming he was loyal. The new connection to Ponytail now makes sense. In other words, who's next..

That has nothing to do with what I asked. I want to know which analyses antimafia thinks are flawed...

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: Sonny_Black] #684554
12/20/12 02:01 AM
12/20/12 02:01 AM
Quebec, Canada
vito_andolini Offline
Button
vito_andolini  Offline
Button
Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: vito_andolini

That has nothing to do with what I asked. I want to know which analyses antimafia thinks are flawed...

Then we'll leave it to him to provide another example of a flawed analyses, or in this case, jumping the gun on a story.

Not just getting my stripes, something I can't talk about. Something that was ruining my whole life and he made it right. For what I owe him, I would follow that man into hell.
Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: vito_andolini] #684570
12/20/12 08:44 AM
12/20/12 08:44 AM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
It appears De Vito was behind arsons on Arcuri's and not the Rizzutos.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/quebec...ppe-de-vito.php

Men of the mafia Giuseppe De Vito profileraient behind the wave of arson that targeted companies Arcuri brothers this fall. This tends to confirm, on the one hand, the importance of the place now occupied by the young chieftain on the board of the mafia and, secondly, the fact that there are several clans that currently tearing Montreal.

Investigators organized crime division of the Police Department of the City of Montreal made yesterday another operation against a drug trafficking network of the Mafia. But beyond the balance of it, this is how the police were on the trail network that speaks volumes. Investigating fires that struck the brothers Domenico and businesses Antonino Arcuri earlier this fall, they targeted an individual that led to addresses associated with Giuseppe De Vito, aka Ponytail.

The same person directed them to a network of traffickers and the police raided four buildings, including the former residence now unoccupied Giuseppe De Vito, rue de Laval Warrant. They arrested three people and seized a firearm, $ 10,000 in cash, cocaine and marijuana. The three suspects in the thirties and sixties, are expected to appear this afternoon at the courthouse in Montreal. Other searches and arrests could follow.

De Vito, 46, is currently serving a sentence of 15 years in prison for conspiracy to import cocaine at the airport in Montreal. Sought after Operation Coliseum in November 2006, he was arrested four years later. During the run, his two daughters were murdered in the house of the street Warrant, his former wife, Adele Sorella, is accused of the crime.

This drama has exacerbated anger De Vito, who was tattooed the names of his two daughters and keeps the cell members of the Rizzuto clan responsible for their death. According to court documents prepared by police, De Vito is at loggerheads with the Sicilian clan and would even put a contract on the head of one of their members. He would direct his own clan and would become one of the most important players of the Mafia in Montreal.

Last edited by Giordano; 12/20/12 08:46 AM.
Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684718
12/21/12 12:14 AM
12/21/12 12:14 AM
M
MBA Offline
Associate
MBA  Offline
M
Associate
Really surprised to hear that devito is behind the fires, hopefully more of the story comes out.

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684726
12/21/12 12:50 AM
12/21/12 12:50 AM
Ghost_Town_Jimmy Offline
Wiseguy
Ghost_Town_Jimmy  Offline
Wiseguy
I've been giving some thought to the "war" in Montreal and the saying 'History repeats itself".

Joe Di Maulo was a very loyal and trusted Paolo Violi supporter up until the time of his(Violis) death.Shortly after this,he then fell in line with the Rizzuto faction.
Joe Di Maulo was a very loyal and trusted Rizzuto supporter(apparently) up until he was killed. Maybe he switched his loyalties back to the Calabrian side,maybe he didn't...
2 1/2 yrs afte Paolos murder a single bullet fired by a sniper killed his brother Rocco Violi while he was sitting in the kitchen of his home, having dinner with his family.

Jump ahead almost exactly 30 yrs to the day(only off by 24 days), a single bullet fired by a sniper kills the man suspected of ordering the hit, Nick Rizzuto, while he too sat in the kitchen of his home.

Are there any Violi relatives still in the mob that may have been around at that time?(I've heard that Paolo Violis son is a made guy in Montreal but I cannot personally say or prove it's validity). They would be on the Calabrian side,and,as they say,Revenge is a dish best served cold...

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684739
12/21/12 05:33 AM
12/21/12 05:33 AM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
The Violi theory is a good one that has merit as there a bunch of them in Hamilton.

Im going off memory and will check exact events and timing tomm. but Mafia Inc. stated Sergio Pirccirilli (spelling could be wrong who is very close with De Vito) back around 2006 or so had a Hitman trailing Nick Sr and the guy had him lined up in the Cosenza Social club. The Hitman asked Pirchelli if the hit was a go but Pirccirilli told him to wait as he had to get approval from Ontario. Pirccirilli is affiliated with same Calabrian clan in Hamilton as the Violi's.

The reason for the hitman was Francesco Arcadi owed he and the D'Amico's money from a drug deal gone bad and efforts to reach out to the Nick Sr were not being heard. Pircccirilli was pissed and much like De Vito openly declared war against the Rizzuto Clan. If I remember correctly Nick Sr was arrested shortly there after and that may have bought him time.

Flash forward to when Nick Sr. was killed in 2010, police had spotted two of the younger in Violi's in Montreal the week before the hit talking with unnamed members of Montreal mafia.

So putting all of the above together especially with recent info about De Vito and it would be easy to make a case that De Vito, Piccirilli and Violi's have had some involvement on the hit on Nick Sr. as all had good motive and the parallels the above poster mentions seem to be more than a coincidence. It would be interesting to know if these guys at least temporarily were involved with Montagna.

Montagna always gets the blame for Nick Sr but a better case can be made for the above group of people.

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684787
12/21/12 02:02 PM
12/21/12 02:02 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I don't remember reading anything that suggests that Piccirilli was close to De Vito, but maybe I'm wrong....

Keep in mind that Nick Sr. was a Bonanno made member. Anyone who wanted to kill him needed permission from the Bonanno family, and here is where Salvatore Montagna comes in. Montagna visited Rizzuto not long before he was killed and asked him to step down. Nick refused and was killed not long after. Paolo Violi's sons could be involved as well as Giuseppe De Vito, but it is more than likely that Montagna gave the go ahead.

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684792
12/21/12 02:19 PM
12/21/12 02:19 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i wonder who actualy inducts all these young guys into the mafia up there. do they do the gun and burning saint card thing. maybe that guy sal montanga just started make all new guys for the bonanno family up there, he did have the right if he was ever really acting boss. smart move on hisbehalf get deported and try to take over a whole nother country, but he still got killed, did vito or his father make guys or they just guys who were made in america or italy.

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: pmac] #684793
12/21/12 02:28 PM
12/21/12 02:28 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
maybe that guy sal montanga just started make all new guys for the bonanno family up there, he did have the right if he was ever really acting boss.

That's an interesting theory. Carmine Galante initiated the Cotronis and their associates into the Bonanno family during his stay in Montreal in the mid 1950s. Montagna may have done the same thing when he was in Montreal, as the Bonnano crew up there may have needed some new blood.

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684802
12/21/12 03:29 PM
12/21/12 03:29 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
i wish we knew more about who was on who side and what was really going on up there, there hasn't been a full out mob war in over 20 years...

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684820
12/21/12 06:19 PM
12/21/12 06:19 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
Another murder at a building owned by Giuseppe De Vito.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/quebec...int-leonard.php

One man died and another was injured when they were fired bullets to the head in a café Saint-Léonard borough located in a building owned by Adele Sorella, the wife of mafia Giuseppe De Vito.

"Towards 14:20, we received a 911 call indicating that shots were fired in a cafe on the Boulevard Provencher. When we arrived there, we found a wounded man outside and another inside, "says Jean-Pierre Brabant agent, spokesman SPVM.

According to our information, the shooter swarthy with a cap and a hood which hid the lower face broke-in coffee Domenica, in 7830 Provencher, to fire on a man aged 35 years, who had received shot in the neck.

His death was confirmed at the hospital, said a representative of Health Emergencies.

The other, aged in his forties, was also wounded in the head, but was out of Domenica in and run into a repair of motorcycles when he asked for help.

The gunman fled after a rare thing in this type of attack, leaving a long gun at the scene of the crime, according to our sources.

The Domenica-in is not an address known to the police in the neighborhood who are never reached so far. Its two owners, of Italian origin, have no criminal record.

For cons, the small commercial building that also houses a butcher and a garage automotive belongs to a numbered company whose majority shareholder Adele Sorella.

The latter is accused of murdering his two daughters committed eight and nine in 2009, but it is also the wife of Giuseppe "ponytail" De Vito. Ponytail, so called because of his haircut is a notorious mobster arrested after a fugitive for several years after the operation Colosseum, which was as well as several leaders of the mafia. He is serving a long prison sentence, but many experts believe it could still play a role in the escalation of violence that the criminal Italian past few months.

Murder and attempted murder have been many in recent weeks in the mafia. Many observers, both policemen in the middle, expect a warm holiday season. This attack is the first demonstration it? It is still too early to tell, SPVM investigators are on site to begin their investigation.

Last edited by Giordano; 12/21/12 06:21 PM.
Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684821
12/21/12 06:38 PM
12/21/12 06:38 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
Sonny,

I could be wrong on Giuseppe De Vito and Piccirelli but I thought they both ran a drug smuggling operation out of one of the airports in Montreal as well as cigarette smuggling with Ray Kanho.

As for the permission from the Bonanano's for Nick Sr, If Montagna was involved which I agree is likely he may have asked for permission from the Bonanno but I don't think anyone else in Montreal cares about the Bonanno's. The Bonanno's are or were in Disarray in New York at that time and with massive number of rats coming from that family I can't see many outsiders wanting to risk be involved with them.

I personally don't think the Bonanno's have any influence in Montreal anymore. Montagna gave it a last ditch effort but was whacked by a french guy with seemingly no retaliation. I think that shows how little respect he garnered in Montreal. If the Bonnano's are still involved in Montreal I think police would have an idea as that family is Rat central.

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: Giordano] #684822
12/21/12 07:15 PM
12/21/12 07:15 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Giordano
As for the permission from the Bonanano's for Nick Sr, If Montagna was involved which I agree is likely he may have asked for permission from the Bonanno but I don't think anyone else in Montreal cares about the Bonanno's. The Bonanno's are or were in Disarray in New York at that time and with massive number of rats coming from that family I can't see many outsiders wanting to risk be involved with them.

I personally don't think the Bonanno's have any influence in Montreal anymore. Montagna gave it a last ditch effort but was whacked by a french guy with seemingly no retaliation. I think that shows how little respect he garnered in Montreal. If the Bonnano's are still involved in Montreal I think police would have an idea as that family is Rat central.

There was no retaliation, because a. Desjardins was in hiding, and b. he was arrested about one a week later. Also, when someone in the Mafia is killed without permission, inquiries are to be made first to find out who the perpetrators are. There were reports that in the week before the attempt on his life, Desjardins was seen traveling to New York. And when he was arrested, the Bonanno family had apparantly put out a contract on him.

One of the likely reasons Nick Sr. was killed was because of his lack of respect for the Bonanno family in New York. Seasoned journalists like André Noël and André Cedilot or James Dubro still believe the Bonanno family has influence in Montreal. And when Rizzuto was released and returned to Canada, there were reports coming from LE that he met with New York emissaries. There is also substantial evidence that the Gambino family had businesses in Ontario in the 2000s.

Re: Giuseppe Fetta targeted [Re: antimafia] #684827
12/21/12 08:08 PM
12/21/12 08:08 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
I disagree that the Bonanno's have any sort of influence since Montagna was killed. I have read that about Desjardins visiting New York at that time though.

If you can link me to any place where Noel or Cedilot indicate the Bonnano's having any sort of influence at all in Montreal after Montagna then I have an open mind. Dubro is not source of any credibility.

Joe Renda another American member of the Bonanno's and ally of Montagna was last seen with a member of the Cun-trera family and has not been spotted since and once again no retaliation.

It's hardly unheard of people getting killed in canadian prison so if the Bonanno's still had the kind of reach into Canada as people seem to think getting at Desjardins would not be much more difficult than hitting him on the street. If Suburban gangs in Vancouver can hire Native Indian gangs to take out their enemies in prison than one would think the Bonanno's could too.

I also saw about Vito meeting with people from New York but we don't know what said I think it's just as likely they were telling him that they had nothing to do with Montagna for fear of retaliation as it was them trying to tell Vito what he can and can't do.

And with the way things are going in Montreal now I think all rules have gone out the window and I don't think anyone is asking permission anymore anything goes in war.

Last edited by Giordano; 12/21/12 08:17 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull