GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 243 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,916
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,330
Posts1,058,775
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: school shooting [Re: Sicilian Babe] #685171
12/23/12 09:05 PM
12/23/12 09:05 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Cam,

The question I have that nobody seems to want to address is this: Is it because they have stricter gun laws, or are Americans more inherently violent?

My guess is that you have to factor the number of people we have in the U.S and the amount of guns held by them in the U.S. I do remember a post showing the world and where we stand on % of violence per capita. I will try and look for it for you.

Now let us think about what we hear about daily on the news, do you follow these other countries knowing what happens there daily, but boy, if some movie star farts crooked on a slow newsday ever news agency talks about it.
Please reread the top five posted before....It happens all over the world- Evil people do evil all over and that is a fact we must understand even if we don't see it first hand.

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: school shooting [Re: CamillusDon] #685174
12/23/12 09:36 PM
12/23/12 09:36 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: CamillusDon
Shame on you. Do you really think any family would wish or trade another attack on anyone?
Using any weapon at all? God help anyone believing that kind of reasoning.

How much do you really know about that attack in China. I see Not enough to know how brutal it really was or you would not have even posted anything of the sort.

Please rethink your idea on this...PLEASE

It's one thing to come back here and preach your agenda from your soapbox, Cami. We all do that at one time or another. But you should really drop the holier-than-thou crap. It doesn't suit you.

Re: school shooting [Re: SC] #685178
12/23/12 09:54 PM
12/23/12 09:54 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Originally Posted By: SC
Shame on you. Do you really think any family would wish or trade another attack on anyone?

How much do you really know about that attack in China. I see Not enough to know how brutal it really was or you would not have even posted anything of the sort.

It's one thing to come back here and preach your agenda from your soapbox, Cami. We all do that at one time or another. But you should really drop the holier-than-thou crap. It doesn't suit you.

Sorry you feel that way, I would rather you tell me what is really wrong with what I posted.

Maybe you are just use to the name calling which I have witness here.
no holier- then crap as far as I am cocern just facts and presented with adult wording...with respect to all. And that is what I would like in return. Please?

Re: school shooting [Re: CamillusDon] #685193
12/23/12 10:53 PM
12/23/12 10:53 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Cam,
That attack in China was mentioned here before if I'm not mistaken. The children were wounded, but they all survived. I'm pretty sure the parents in CT would have swapped with the parents in China.

SHAME ON ME??? Shame on YOU! It was a terrible attack in China. Children were maimed and children were grievously wounded. However, the children SURVIVED. And any of the parents in CT would have given anything to have their children alive. Yes, perhaps horribly wounded, but ALIVE.

As a parent, I can't imagine how horrible it was for those parents in China. However, at least when they wake up the next day, they can still hug and kiss their children, something that the parents in Newtown were forever robbed of.

My point, if you got off your high horse to actually look at what I wrote, is that while a knife attack is a dreadful thing, the children survived. That is the critical difference between a knife attack and an attack with the kind of repeat, repeat weapons that were used in Newtown.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: school shooting [Re: Sicilian Babe] #685196
12/23/12 11:06 PM
12/23/12 11:06 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Cam,
That attack in China was mentioned here before if I'm not mistaken. The children were wounded, but they all survived. I'm pretty sure the parents in CT would have swapped with the parents in China.

SHAME ON ME??? Shame on YOU! It was a terrible attack in China. Children were maimed and children were grievously wounded. However, the children SURVIVED. And any of the parents in CT would have given anything to have their children alive. Yes, perhaps horribly wounded, but ALIVE.

As a parent, I can't imagine how horrible it was for those parents in China. However, at least when they wake up the next day, they can still hug and kiss their children, something that the parents in Newtown were forever robbed of.

My point, if you got off your high horse to actually look at what I wrote, is that while a knife attack is a dreadful thing, the children survived. That is the critical difference between a knife attack and an attack with the kind of repeat, repeat weapons that were used in Newtown.

Thank you for making your point of view that much clearer. I am sorry that we do not think the same way, and I guess that is the Amerivan way after all. Have a happy and safe holiday.

Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #685197
12/23/12 11:10 PM
12/23/12 11:10 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Babe, it is not often that I agree with you, but I do in this instance. I'd rather have my child harmed, but alive rather than, oh, I don't know ... dead.

And CDon, perhaps if you trimmed a little of the fat off of your porky post above, I would have read it in total. Indeed, a whole lot of the time, brevity is the soul of wit.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: school shooting [Re: olivant] #685200
12/23/12 11:31 PM
12/23/12 11:31 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
The one where the grahics didn't show? Without them I would agree no graphics, no meat, but I tried.
the graphics did answer her question. It just wasn't meant to be I guess.
I will delete it....

Re: school shooting [Re: CamillusDon] #685225
12/24/12 02:48 AM
12/24/12 02:48 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Sorry you feel that way, I would rather you tell me what is really wrong with what I posted.

Maybe you are just use to the name calling which I have witness here.
no holier- then crap as far as I am cocern just facts and presented with adult wording...with respect to all. And that is what I would like in return. Please?

We go back a long time here, Cami. We know each other's style as well as some of the other old-timers. I know you're passionate about your arguments, as is Sicilian Babe about hers but I found your reply to Sicilian Babe to be very cruel and condescending. She doesn't need anyone to talk for her (as you don't either) but my remark was a knee-jerk reaction to what you wrote.

Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #685234
12/24/12 07:40 AM
12/24/12 07:40 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I don't think anything will change people's minds on this. I don't agree politically with the NRA. But if we are honest there are more than a few people on the gun control side who really would like to limit just about all weapons to police and military. I'm not in favor of that. The NYT had an editorial yesterday that talked about the "scourge" of concealed weapons. The NYT thought that "shall issue" permits were a bad idea and that the states should be forced by the federal government to rescind such laws.

Now whatever you may think of such laws, they have not in fact, caused increases in shootouts. The people who go to the trouble of taking the class and getting the permit generally speaking are not the people causing carnage. There won't be "reasonable" gun control discussion because people on both sides see a slippery slope.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: school shooting [Re: Lilo] #685263
12/24/12 01:01 PM
12/24/12 01:01 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
SB,

I agree with you as well regarding China tragedy. As horrifying as it would be to have my child harmed, at least he/she wouldn't be dead.

No matter how much spin, how many articles/statistics are posted OR how many "don't take my 2nd amendment rights" are repeated (at nauseum), for God's sake, it takes more to vote (longer lines/waits) in some states than to purchase a gun. mad We MUST at least try to know WHO has guns to the best of our ability and BACKGROUNDS checks are NOT taking away rights.

All that being said, and as angry as this subject makes me, I still maintain that nothing will be done in the end. So gun lovers relax. For me, I refuse to accept the "there's nothing to see, everything else is to blame but guns, move on" attitude. confused It's hard to sit back & accept.

So, on my part, for starters, I e-mailed my local congressman (a-hole that he is) and got back a form e-mail saying "how I am working for you", blah blah, blah without even mentioning the topic of my e-mail. rolleyes

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: school shooting [Re: Lilo] #685264
12/24/12 01:10 PM
12/24/12 01:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
I don't think anything will change people's minds on this. I don't agree politically with the NRA. But if we are honest there are more than a few people on the gun control side who really would like to limit just about all weapons to police and military. I'm not in favor of that.

Neither am I, Lilo. That's all I've been trying to say for the past week. I'd never want to put limitations on handgun, shotgun or hunting rifle ownership for those who qualify. Just the military style repeat weapons (I'm going out of my way not to call them assault weapons for fear of mislabeling them and offending their supporters). But you're right, both sides see any kind of concession as a slippery slope of some kind, which I think is ridiculous. But that's what I get for being in the middle politically. Everyone hates my opinions ohwell.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #685269
12/24/12 01:32 PM
12/24/12 01:32 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Strange but last I checked, the gun control people aren't actually advocating abolition of gun ownership. Besides the fact that has as much support in America as Jets fans do with Mark Sanchez starting another game for their team, notice what the left are calling for, among many measures proposed/discussed from that wide spectrum: Ban on sales of Assault weapons, limiting the number of bullets in a magazine clip, local/state gun buyback programs, extending the Brady Bill (and background checks) onto private sales like the Internet, not arming teachers but police/trained volunteer guards in schools*, tightening up measures to keep the mentally ill from getting guns, and so many more.

Do any of these proposals sound unreasonable?

*=Which the NRA actually advocated in their disasterous press conference on friday.

Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #685273
12/24/12 01:45 PM
12/24/12 01:45 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
for people still confused, there is no such thing as buying guns off the internet without a backround check, nothing but spin that counts on people being unaware and uninformed of the reality. if you want to buy a weapon online, you have to have it sent to a ffl(federal firearms licensed) dealer near you, and pay a fee, as its against federal law to ship guns through the mail. the weapon you choose must comply with all state laws for the state in which its being shipped to. once it arrives at the dealer and you go to pick it up, the backround check is done there. obviously if you don't pass, you don't get the weapon.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #685285
12/24/12 03:14 PM
12/24/12 03:14 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
How valuable are background checks? Why does a person purchase a gun? Well, among the reasons, one is to committ a crime. If you are a felon, it makes little sense to purchase a gun that requires a background check if your intention is to committ a crime. If you are mentally ill, it is statistically unlikely that you have been adjudicated as such by a court. Thus, it is just unlikely that there is an accessible record of your illness. So, to the extent that background checks would seem to preclude some felons and mentally ill persons from legally obtaining firearms, they are valuable, but they are no panacea.

Last edited by olivant; 12/24/12 03:14 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #685300
12/24/12 07:24 PM
12/24/12 07:24 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
There are a few gun control minded people who actually are calling for a ban of all private ownership of guns or something so close as to be no different. They are a small minority of course but they do exist. I don't think a total ban will ever happen. With so many guns in private hands (300 million!!!) it would be near impossible. But gun rights organizations fear monger over stuff like this. Neither side believes the other side is telling the truth about what they really want...

http://metrotimes.com/columns/ban-all-guns-now-1.1418281

http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/105264/can-we-please-drop-the-gun-rights-pc-ness

http://nt.gmnews.com/news/2012-12-26/Columns/Time_to_ban_all_guns.html

http://americablog.com/2012/12/its-time-to-ban-guns-completely.html

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #685418
12/26/12 12:39 AM
12/26/12 12:39 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I'm not an anti-gun nut. They have their place in society. However, there are glaring loopholes that you can drive a truck through. You should not be able to buy unlimited amounts of ammunition, like the guy in Aurora did. Private sales need to be better regulated, and that includes gun shows. An age limit needs to be set. A 10 year old can't drive a car for the obvious reasons and I believe that the same should be said for guns. A child can't possibly understand the great responsibility that goes with the weapon.

And these military-type weapons should not be available to the general public.

Re: school shooting [Re: Sicilian Babe] #685424
12/26/12 02:01 AM
12/26/12 02:01 AM
massachusetts
scarfacetm Offline
Underboss
scarfacetm  Offline
Underboss
massachusetts
An age limit needs to be set. A 10 year old can't drive a car for the obvious reasons and I believe that the same should be said for guns. A child can't possibly understand the great responsibility that goes with the weapon.
There are age limits for different types of guns, i know here in mass you can buy a shotgun or a rifle at 18, but you cant buy a handgun til 21 i believe it is, though it may be 24.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"
Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #685516
12/26/12 09:00 PM
12/26/12 09:00 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Nearly 250,000 and growing.

White House Petition To Recognize Westboro Baptist Church As Hate Group Becomes Most Popular Ever

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitio...-group/DYf3pH2d

Re: school shooting [Re: scarfacetm] #685522
12/26/12 10:01 PM
12/26/12 10:01 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
An age limit needs to be set. A 10 year old can't drive a car for the obvious reasons and I believe that the same should be said for guns. A child can't possibly understand the great responsibility that goes with the weapon.
There are age limits for different types of guns, i know here in mass you can buy a shotgun or a rifle at 18, but you cant buy a handgun til 21 i believe it is, though it may be 24.

Sorry, perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. I didn't meant to own a gun, I meant to shoot one. There are people who take their children to the shooting range and allow them to fire a weapon. They're even allowed to fire guns at some gun shows. I don't know if the laws vary by state, although I would imagine so. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of a small child firing a weapon.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27399337/ns/us_news-life/t/boy-accidentally-kills-self-gun-show/

Re: school shooting [Re: Sicilian Babe] #685552
12/27/12 12:42 AM
12/27/12 12:42 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline OP
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline OP
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
That is very tragic. We've been taking our son to the firing range for a few years now. He's 16 now. He loves to go shooting. If he feels he can't handle one of our guns he don't have to shoot it.

I don't see anything wrong taking kids to the firing range if they are mature enough. It would also depend on what they were shooting.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #685555
12/27/12 12:55 AM
12/27/12 12:55 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I think giving an 8 year old an Uzi is simply stupid, and had a horribly tragic end. I was shocked to find that a child that young could go to a gun show and be handed such a weapon! There definitely needs to be a law against that.

Re: school shooting [Re: Sicilian Babe] #685557
12/27/12 01:07 AM
12/27/12 01:07 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline OP
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline OP
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Completely agree with that. The parents should've known better.

Re: school shooting [Re: Sicilian Babe] #685561
12/27/12 02:12 AM
12/27/12 02:12 AM
massachusetts
scarfacetm Offline
Underboss
scarfacetm  Offline
Underboss
massachusetts
Originally Posted By: scarfacetm

Sorry, perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. I didn't meant to own a gun, I meant to shoot one. There are people who take their children to the shooting range and allow them to fire a weapon. They're even allowed to fire guns at some gun shows. I don't know if the laws vary by state, although I would imagine so. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of a small child firing a weapon.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27399337/ns/us_news-life/t/boy-accidentally-kills-self-gun-show/
I would think there is an age limit in certain states as well, but that goes with the driving point you had made too, even if its illegal parents will still teach their kid how to drive at a young age by letting them. Though at a gun show, that is a bit idiotic to let a kid shot any kind of gun other than a red ryder.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"
Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #688946
01/08/13 05:50 AM
01/08/13 05:50 AM
Brooklyn
R
RichieAnimal Offline
Capo
RichieAnimal  Offline
R
Capo
Brooklyn
I just saw this thread that shooting in sandy hook got to me and trust me on this nothing gets to me. I don't see death like other normal people see death.

But all those little angels killed bothered me.

They should be safe in school. If it takes armed guards that are not afraid to get close to a shorter before they shoot they should have them. But hard to find guys not afraid to get close to do what needs to be done.

You can not legislate guns. There too easy to get and all the legislation would mean the price if guns to the bad guys will just go up.

Only the unloved hate
Re: school shooting [Re: RichieAnimal] #689672
01/10/13 03:41 PM
01/10/13 03:41 PM
California

California
There was a school shooting today here in CA, frown Taft High School (Kern County) Fortunately nobody killed, with 2 injured, one hospitalized. Details are still coming in. The shooter, a student, is in custody.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/high-school-shooting-taft-california-183012601.html

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: school shooting [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #692355
01/22/13 02:56 PM
01/22/13 02:56 PM
California

California
CNN is "Breaking" another school shooting in Texas. Just happened. Details not yet reported.

TIS

MSNBC says multiple people shot at Harris County College (Lone Star) in Texas

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/22/13 03:06 PM.

Re: school shooting [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #692358
01/22/13 03:08 PM
01/22/13 03:08 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline OP
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline OP
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #692359
01/22/13 03:15 PM
01/22/13 03:15 PM
California

California
This must have JUST happened. Details still coming in. confused People told to take immediate shelter where they are. One person in custody (don't know if there are more shooters).

TIS

Re: school shooting [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #692447
01/22/13 10:50 PM
01/22/13 10:50 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Here's an article on it:
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Shots-reportedly-fired-at-local-college-4214123.php

This is pretty close to where I used to live, and Lone Star's a college that quite a few of my high school classmates have attended at some point. It was apparently a fight between two students, not a shootout against a crowd - and one of the two (or both?) had a gun. ohwell

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull