GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Brovelli), 397 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,369
Posts1,059,519
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #701856
03/09/13 06:58 PM
03/09/13 06:58 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Preme team still lingering. bimmy is outta jail I think. Obviously not what they were but still around here and there

When Interpol?
Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: cheech] #701862
03/09/13 07:09 PM
03/09/13 07:09 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
yeah i think one of the original guys got busted recently in a major cocaine trafficking bust along with a bunch of other guys including members of the bloods. I guess if you consider that mcgriff when he was released the first time was able to get back in the game as a major player when he was working with murder inc its not too hard to believe that these guys are still around.

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #701931
03/10/13 09:57 AM
03/10/13 09:57 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
I think the guy you are referring to goes by the name Corley

When Interpol?
Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: cheech] #701953
03/10/13 02:35 PM
03/10/13 02:35 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
yeah i remember posting it up, his name was james corley aka the ghost.

James Corley, Notorious 1980s Drug Dealer Nicknamed 'The Ghost,' Arrested By NYPD
By COLLEEN LONG 05/17/12 11:14 PM ET

NEW YORK -- A notorious drug dealer who got his start during the crack epidemic of the 1980s and was so good at hiding his whereabouts that he was known as "the ghost" has been arrested along with dozens of others on new charges, police and prosecutors said Thursday.

James Corley, 51, was charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance and other drug charges after a 15-month undercover investigation that used wiretaps and surveillance, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly and Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said.

Forty-four other people were also charged with drug crimes in the dismantling of Corley's operation, known as the Supreme Team, and another drug gang, authorities said.

Corley supplied cocaine to a second gang called the South Side Bloods, and low-level dealers grossed about $15,000 a week in drug sales, Kelly said. Burned by a wiretap before, Corley used at least eight different phones, authorities said.

"He had an uncanny ability to keep his associates in the dark. No one knew where he lived, what phone number he used, what car he drove," Kelly said.

A call to Corley's lawyer wasn't immediately returned Thursday.

The case was pieced together by Detective David Leonardi, who said the dealers used a language called the "5 percenter" where every number and letter had its own word and members decoded messages about drug orders. The wiretaps also netted information on illegal guns and a possible killing in South Carolina.

Corley came of age during the crack era of the late 1980s and was an associate of the Supreme Team, which controlled housing projects and corners in Queens, the ground zero of the crack epidemic in New York. Crime was rampant; in 1990, the number of murders hit an all-time high of 2,245.

The Supreme Team was run by legendary gang leader Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff, who reputedly funneled drug money into rap music label Murder Inc. He's now serving life without parole for a pair of murders after a 2007 conviction.

It was a brutal drug gang that came out of the same Queens streets where platinum rappers 50 Cent and Ja Rule emerged years later. At its peak, the Supreme Team's network of dealers was making $200,000 a day, authorities said.

After McGriff did jail time on a drug conviction, he was released in 1997 and aligned himself with neighborhood friend and music mogul Irv "Gotti" Lorenzo. The one-time street thugs produced one film: "Crime Partners," a straight-to-video affair that featured Ja Rule, Snoop Dogg and Ice-T.

The Supreme Team was responsible for the shooting of NYPD Officer Edward Byrne in 1988, authorities said, but Corley wasn't charged in that killing. He was jailed once in the 1980s on drug charges, and was later convicted of manslaughter for beating to death a man he believed to be a police informant, and served more than three years, police said.

New York Police Department Capt. James Ryan said the takedown this week finally signaled the end of the remnants of the team that had terrorized Queens for decades.

"We feel it's pretty much dismantled now with Corley being taken out of the picture," he said. "It remains to be seen, we're always vigilant and we think this is the end of them."

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #702408
03/12/13 05:31 PM
03/12/13 05:31 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
two bodies in howard beach was the result of drug robbery gone wrong.

Two killed, mutilated in ill-fated drug dealers robbery
By KIRSTAN CONLEY
Last Updated: 4:25 PM, March 12, 2013
Posted: 4:25 PM, March 12, 2013
The two men whose mutilated bodies were found in a Howard Beach fire last week were killed trying to rob a group of drug dealers, cops said.

Rudy Superville, 22, and Gary Lopez, 25, both of Brooklyn, were both brutally killed after the dealers learned that the pair was planning stick them up in their Bushwick home, police said.

The dealers laid in wait for the duo to make their move.

“We believe Rudy went in first and they jumped him right away,” said NYPD Spokesman Paul Browne. “Then they told him to ‘Go out and get Gary in here.”

The killers took turns shooting, stabbing and beating Superville and Lopez, according to police. A 34-year-old suspect was in police custody, but had not been charged.

“We believe they were both armed though Superville’s gun didn’t have ammo,” Browne said. “They picked the wrong dealers to rip apparently because when they got inside, their targets essentially were waiting for them. They took turns shooting, stabbing and beating them with a chair.”

Both victims suffered from trauma, stab wounds and gunshots before they died, cops said.

Superville was shot to the elbow and neck but stab wounds to his torso and neck caused him to bleed out, officials said.

Lopez suffered blunt trauma to the head, gunshot wounds to the chest, abdomen and right arm, police said. The shot to the chest was the fatal blow for Lopez, authorities said.

The men’s bodies were put in trash bags and found near 159 Avenue and 78th Street on Wednesday, cops said.

The victims’ criminal histories were not available because their records are sealed.

Cops are looking for as many as four other suspects in the homicide.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/two_killed_mutilated_in_ill_fated_6MMpwbUouPNQs54dmVSQCO

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #702457
03/12/13 07:19 PM
03/12/13 07:19 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
thanks, keep posting when you see something...its appreciated

have a good night

When Interpol?
Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: cheech] #702563
03/13/13 12:02 PM
03/13/13 12:02 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
no problem cheech,these guys obviously got screwed over by someone. Not a good way to go.

Didn't the gambinos try to take over jamaica queens once when they had john burke kill some drug dealer their?

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #702699
03/13/13 07:44 PM
03/13/13 07:44 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Jamaica, Queens is a very dangerous area. No mob family is going to be taking over anything over there anytime soon unless they are ready to go to war(and lose) with the tons of street gangs in that neighborhood.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Dapper_Don] #702700
03/13/13 07:45 PM
03/13/13 07:45 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Jamaica, Queens is a very dangerous area. No mob family is going to be taking over anything over there anytime soon unless they are ready to go to war(and lose) with the tons of street gangs in that neighborhood.

Exactly, Dap wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #702702
03/13/13 07:53 PM
03/13/13 07:53 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
i went to a rave somewhere in jamaica when i was about 14 or 15, very sketchy to say the least. even with my limited knowledge about nyc, i think its fair to say that its one of the more dangerous area's in the entire city.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Five_Felonies] #702703
03/13/13 07:56 PM
03/13/13 07:56 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
i think its fair to say that its one of the more dangerous area's in the entire city.

that's a VERY fair statement FF

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 03/13/13 07:57 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Dapper_Don] #702704
03/13/13 08:01 PM
03/13/13 08:01 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
i think its fair to say that its one of the more dangerous area's in the entire city.

I owned a property off Hillside and Queens Boulevard, Dap. Now we've talked and you're familiar with my buildings and where they're located, right?

Well, I couldn't make any money in that neighborhood and the income per capita had nothing to do with it. As a landlord you can make a fortune in a low income area if you're fair and you know what you're doing. Not in that area. We sold the place after less than three years. Barely broke even.

And that's not even the REALLY bad part of Jamaica lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: pizzaboy] #702706
03/13/13 08:13 PM
03/13/13 08:13 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I owned a property off Hillside and Queens Boulevard, Dap. Now we've talked and you're familiar with my buildings and where they're located, right?

Well, I couldn't make any money in that neighborhood and the income per capita had nothing to do with it. As a landlord you can make a fortune in a low income area if you're fair and you know what you're doing. Not in that area. We sold the place after less than three years. Barely broke even.

Theres a Dunkin Dounts and a Enterprise Rent a Car in that area.

I took my younger brother down to CUNY-York on his first day there about 6 years ago. We took the subway (which was interesting considering the fellow passengers on board to say the least). Once I dropped him off, it was understood after what we saw that he should transfer out of that school (which he did) by the end of the semester. Mind you, we are not from the best neighborhood either to put it lightly. But this area was honestly the one of the worse places in NYC I had ever seen, until I went to East NY/Brownsville. Thats another story.

Consider yourself lucky you just barely broke even, could have been much worse.

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #702713
03/13/13 08:38 PM
03/13/13 08:38 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
One of my good friends lives in Jamaica, Queens. It's not a happy place. He told me about it all the time, and he's from one of the "less sketchy" areas. He used to tell me "if you go into a street with a high crime rate in Jamaica and start something you're in trouble and you better run as fast as you can"

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Dapper_Don] #702782
03/14/13 07:33 AM
03/14/13 07:33 AM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss

john gebert was the guy they shot apparently over drug dealing in jamaica avenue, don't know if thats the same place or not.
http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_o...john-burke.html
The evidence at trial established that Burke shot Gotterup in the back of the head on the boardwalk in the Rockaways in retaliation for, among other things, stealing money from Gambino family associates and for showing disrespect to a relative of a powerful Gambino family member. Gebert’s murder was part of an effort by Burke and others to take control of the drug trafficking trade on Jamaica Avenue in Queens and to protect the members of a crew of Gambino family associates from possible reprisals by Gebert relating to past disputes with members and associates of the Gambino family.

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: pizzaboy] #702802
03/14/13 09:51 AM
03/14/13 09:51 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss

why is that? no one paid?

When Interpol?
Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: cheech] #702822
03/14/13 11:31 AM
03/14/13 11:31 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: cheech

That's not it, Cheech. Like I said, you can make a fortune as a landlord in a low income area if you know what you're doing.

For one thing, you MUST take Section 8 because it's guaranteed money. For another thing, you have to have a hands-on and personal relationship with your tenants so they don't just think of you as some faceless whitey (I mean that respectfully, because, really, who could blame them?). If they know that you're for them, they'll look out for your property. And I've been blessed with many good tenants like that, thank God.

But Jamaica was just a nightmare. We had problems with everything from vandalism (you have to be a real fucking animal to vandalize the very apartment unit that you're renting mad) to liability insurance to someone getting shot on the stoop outside. It just wasn't worth the aggravation.

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Five_Felonies] #702824
03/14/13 11:34 AM
03/14/13 11:34 AM
F
franklinmint Offline
Wiseguy
franklinmint  Offline
F
Wiseguy
i went to a rave somewhere in jamaica when i was about 14 or 15, very sketchy to say the least. even with my limited knowledge about nyc, i think its fair to say that its one of the more dangerous area's in the entire city.

Amazura Ballroom I'm sure....I bet I was there as well

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: pizzaboy] #702831
03/14/13 11:45 AM
03/14/13 11:45 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss

That's not it, Cheech. Like I said, you can make a fortune as a landlord in a low income area if you know what you're doing.

For one thing, you MUST take Section 8 because it's guaranteed money. For another thing, you have to have a hands-on and personal relationship with your tenants so they don't just think of you as some faceless whitey (I mean that respectfully, because, really, who could blame them?). If they know that you're for them, they'll look out for your property. And I've been blessed with many good tenants like that, thank God.

But Jamaica was just a nightmare. We had problems with everything from vandlism (you have to be a real fucking animal to vandalize the very apartment unit that you're renting mad) to liability insurance to someone getting shot on the stoop outside. It just wasn't worth the aggravation.

makes sense, my best friend has a 5 family and its all section 8, loves it, the check comes every month guaranteed

When Interpol?
Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #703017
03/14/13 08:43 PM
03/14/13 08:43 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Scorsese

john gebert was the guy they shot apparently over drug dealing in jamaica avenue, don't know if thats the same place or not.
http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_o...john-burke.html
The evidence at trial established that Burke shot Gotterup in the back of the head on the boardwalk in the Rockaways in retaliation for, among other things, stealing money from Gambino family associates and for showing disrespect to a relative of a powerful Gambino family member. Gebert’s murder was part of an effort by Burke and others to take control of the drug trafficking trade on Jamaica Avenue in Queens and to protect the members of a crew of Gambino family associates from possible reprisals by Gebert relating to past disputes with members and associates of the Gambino family.

im very familiar with the case, that murder took place in the early 90s

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: pizzaboy] #703018
03/14/13 08:45 PM
03/14/13 08:45 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

For one thing, you MUST take Section 8 because it's guaranteed money.

Section 8 and HASA. Tons of landlords profiting like crazy from both programs in NYC.

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #719188
06/06/13 06:50 PM
06/06/13 06:50 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
two bodies in howard beach was the result of drug robbery gone wrong.

Two killed, mutilated in ill-fated drug dealers robbery
By KIRSTAN CONLEY
Last Updated: 4:25 PM, March 12, 2013
Posted: 4:25 PM, March 12, 2013
The two men whose mutilated bodies were found in a Howard Beach fire last week were killed trying to rob a group of drug dealers, cops said.

Rudy Superville, 22, and Gary Lopez, 25, both of Brooklyn, were both brutally killed after the dealers learned that the pair was planning stick them up in their Bushwick home, police said.

The dealers laid in wait for the duo to make their move.

“We believe Rudy went in first and they jumped him right away,” said NYPD Spokesman Paul Browne. “Then they told him to ‘Go out and get Gary in here.”

The killers took turns shooting, stabbing and beating Superville and Lopez, according to police. A 34-year-old suspect was in police custody, but had not been charged.

“We believe they were both armed though Superville’s gun didn’t have ammo,” Browne said. “They picked the wrong dealers to rip apparently because when they got inside, their targets essentially were waiting for them. They took turns shooting, stabbing and beating them with a chair.”

Both victims suffered from trauma, stab wounds and gunshots before they died, cops said.

Superville was shot to the elbow and neck but stab wounds to his torso and neck caused him to bleed out, officials said.

Lopez suffered blunt trauma to the head, gunshot wounds to the chest, abdomen and right arm, police said. The shot to the chest was the fatal blow for Lopez, authorities said.

The men’s bodies were put in trash bags and found near 159 Avenue and 78th Street on Wednesday, cops said.

The victims’ criminal histories were not available because their records are sealed.

Cops are looking for as many as four other suspects in the homicide.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/two_killed_mutilated_in_ill_fated_6MMpwbUouPNQs54dmVSQCO

Cops nab suspect in Howard Beach brush fire deaths

By Karen Frantz

Police charged a Brooklyn man with murder in connection with the deaths of two men who had been shot and beaten and whose bodies were stuffed inside plastic bags and set on fire in an undeveloped section of Howard Beach, police and the Queens district attorney said.

“The defendant is accused of participating in the brutal murder of two men whose bodies were dumped and intentionally set on fire in an attempt to cover up the alleged crime,” said DA Richard Brown.

Rogelio Rodriguez, 34, was arrested and slapped with the murder charge as well as charges of criminal possession of a weapon and criminal tampering, police said. He was arraigned in Queens Criminal Court Wednesday and held without bail and faces 25 years to life in prison, the Queens DA’s office said.

Brown said Rodriguez, along with at least three other people, allegedly attacked the victims, Rudy Superville, 22, and Gary Lopez, 25, both of Brooklyn, inside Rodriguez’s home last Tuesday morning.

Rodriguez allegedly punched and kicked Lopez and hit him with a gun and chair and allegedly kicked and pistol-whipped Superville, Brown said. The other unapprehended individuals are also suspected of shooting and wounding the men, he said.

The medical examiner’s investigation found Lopez sustained gunshots to his chest, abdomen and forearm and blunt force trauma to his forehead and right cheek, and Superville sustained gunshots to his neck and elbow, stab wounds in his back and neck and blunt force trauma to his eye and head, Brown said.

The DA also accused Rodriguez of going to Newton Creek in Maspeth in the early morning March 7 and dumping seven firearms involved in the murders of Lopez and Superville in the water.

The New York Post and other outlets reported Superville and Lopez may have been killed after a group of drug dealers learned the two men were planning on robbing them, but neither the DA’s office or police would confirm that account.

Authorities found the bodies of the men in Spring Creek Park near the corner of 157th Avenue and 83rd Street after putting out a massive fire that started there around 4:30 a.m. March 6.

A spokeswoman for the medical examiner’s office said the bodies were badly burned in the fire and were identified by their fingerprints.

The NYPD also recently released surveillance photos of three vehicles seen at 157th Avenue and 83rd Street, a few blocks away from where the bodies were found, and said the occupants were wanted for questioning in connection with the deaths.

Police described the first vehicle as a two-tone, dark-colored custom van, the second as a four-door, light-colored sedan and the third as a four-door, dark-colored sedan.

Residents who live in the area said the park is a common dumping ground because it is out of the way. Spring Creek is a marshy, undeveloped area that borders the western and southern parts of Howard Beach and extends to Jamaica Bay.

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #719894
06/11/13 01:29 PM
06/11/13 01:29 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Answers Elusive 6 Months After a Fatal Shooting in Manhattan

NYPD, via Associated Press
An image from a surveillance video shows a man pulling out a gun a moment before shooting Brandon Lincoln Woodard on Dec. 10.
By J. DAVID GOODMAN
Published: June 10, 2013

Surveillance footage captured the killer pacing by a getaway car on a street in Midtown Manhattan, the victim with his eyes glued to the screen of his cellphone and the deadly moment in December when the gun went off.
Connect With NYTMetro

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for news and conversation.
Enlarge This Image

Mr. Woodard
In the days that followed, the gunman’s face stared coolly from newspaper covers and the television news. The police commissioner called the killing brazen and probably foolhardy: a single shot cutting through the afternoon noise, a calculated hit in the heart of Manhattan.

But six months after Brandon Lincoln Woodard died on rain-soaked West 58th Street on Dec. 10, no one has been charged with the killing, and law enforcement officials said no arrest was imminent.

One law enforcement official with knowledge of the case said investigators believe the motive for the killing grew out of the narcotics trade, either a shipment lost by Mr. Woodard, a debt unpaid to men with little tolerance for failure or some other disagreement that apparently did not lend itself to an amicable settlement.

Those notions, explored at the start of the grinding investigation last year, were still being pursued by detectives, officials said; neither has provided the critical link to close the case.

“There’s a difference between what you know and what you can prove,” said Paul J. Browne, the Police Department’s chief spokesman. “This is not a case that went completely cold.”

In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, it appeared that the police had a solid bead on the killer. Besides the surveillance video, other cameras captured the car’s license plate and detectives traced it to an Avis rental location 35 miles away, on Long Island.

A manager at the shop said that the car, a Lincoln sedan, had been rented there by a couple with a history of renting vehicles for others and that the company had conducted an internal investigation. The company declined to comment on the investigation.

The police located the car in Queens. Investigators linked the gun to a 2009 shooting, also in Queens, though they did not believe the killer was involved.

As weeks stretched to months, those leads grew colder and the investigation became a slow slog of interviews with friends and associates of Mr. Woodard, 31, a Los Angeles club promoter from a well-off family who had a history of small-time arrests, including for drug possession.

“It’s like the old Mafia cases,” said Vernon J. Geberth, a former commander of the Bronx homicide squad. “The only way it’s going to get cracked is someone’s talking.”

Indeed, one of Mr. Woodard’s friends in New York, who was interviewed by the police in April, said that it appeared that the detectives “really didn’t have a lot.”

“I didn’t pin drug dealer on him, but it seems like that’s what they’re leaning toward,” said the friend, who requested anonymity because the killer had yet to be caught.

Investigators have sought information related to a West Coast drug organization with international ties and links to New York, a law enforcement official said. The role of the organization in the killing, if any, was not clear.

Mr. Browne declined to discuss details of the investigation out of concern that it could jeopardize any progress being made. “Detectives have working theories,” he said, referring to the motive. “It’s an active investigation in which we’ve made progress.”

Veteran former detectives said it was not unusual for a complex case to take many months to unravel, eventually turning on the bravado of those involved or their ties to other crimes.

“It’s the kind of case that will get solved when you arrest somebody else and they say, ‘I want to make a deal,’ ” said Joseph L. Giacalone, a retired cold case squad commander. “It’s like Ben Franklin said: three people can keep a secret as long as two of them are dead.”

That situation seemed at least plausible back in December when news media reports indicated the police had identified the driver of the car. Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly publicly urged an end to leaks from the investigation at the time, saying that the gunman, who appeared to be a professional, may want to kill the driver. So far, that does not appear to have happened.

“You got ground balls and you got mysteries,” said John Cornicello, who used to command homicide detectives in Brooklyn. “A ground ball is husband stabs wife and maybe stays on the scene. This is a mystery.”

Mr. Woodard, a 2003 graduate of Loyola Marymount University, was a fixture on the Los Angeles club scene, a law student and the father of a 4-year-old girl. His mother, Sandra Wellington, said that several days before his death, Mr. Woodard was at the hospital for the birth of his second child to a different woman. “He has two daughters now,” she said.

Ms. Wellington said she had been in regular contact with the New York Police Department since the killing; she said she had not heard from other agencies, local or federal. “I put my trust in them,” she said. “You know how people say in God’s time? This will be in N.Y.P.D.’s time.”

The reports suggesting her son had been killed over drugs or a debt to a criminal organization came as a surprise, she said. “What little bouts that he had with the law were kind of normal for young kids in L.A.,” she said, adding that some friends planned to gather near her son’s Playa Vista condo on his birthday at the end of the month.

“He was on a good path; he was on a good track,” she said. “I don’t know what happened.”

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #754907
12/22/13 06:51 PM
12/22/13 06:51 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
How Do You Kill Someone on the Streets of Midtown Manhattan and Get Away With It?
By Justin Peters

It’s been a year since 31-year-old Brandon Lincoln Woodard was shot in the head at midday on a midtown Manhattan street. And it’s also been a year since I first wrote about Woodard’s murder, in a piece that ended with this jaunty, overconfident sentence: “Even though [Woodard’s killers] got away at the time, it’s only a matter of time before these guys get caught.” Well, here it is, a year later, and they still haven’t been caught. Is it really that easy to kill a man in broad daylight in the middle of America’s biggest city and get away with it?

Here’s what we know about the case so far. Brandon Woodard was a law student from Los Angeles. He had a history of small-time arrests, and, at the time of his death, police believed he may have been involved in the drug trade. In a June New York Times article about the case, an anonymous law enforcement official suggested that Woodard may have incurred the wrath of some violent drug dealers, perhaps over an unpaid debt or a missing shipment. We don’t know for sure.

Since the entire attack was caught on camera, we do know that, on Dec. 10, 2012, Woodard left a hotel in Midtown, turned onto 58th Street, and was looking at his phone when a man in a hoodie stepped up and shot him once in the head. The shooter got into a waiting Lincoln sedan, and the car was seen entering the Midtown Tunnel a little bit later. From there, the shooter and the driver appear to have vanished. How is that possible?

For one thing, Woodard’s killers appear to have been pros. Many murderers aren’t. They leave physical evidence behind for police to find, or they commit a similar crime later, or they talk about the crime to the wrong people, or their friends talk to the wrong people, and that’s how detectives develop leads that help them solve a case. Woodard’s killers—and their associates—made none of these mistakes. Yes, they shot their man in the middle of the day, but it’s not as if they left a fingerprint-covered gun lying next to Woodard’s body. A daylight shooting, a midnight shooting: If you leave no evidence and there aren’t any witnesses, it doesn’t matter what time of day you shot someone.

That leads into my next point: The killers were good, but they were also very lucky. There were no cops around to hear the gunshot and respond instantly. There were no eyewitnesses to call police with the killers’ descriptions and license plate number. The getaway car made it through the city without getting snarled in traffic. The shooting was caught on camera, but the footage wasn’t very clear. If police have found other, better footage of the murder, they haven’t made it public, and it hasn’t led to any arrests.

And, now, time is on the killers' side. The most dangerous moments for the culprits were the hours immediately following the murder, with Woodard’s name in the headlines and the case at the top of the NYPD’s list of priorities. Now, with every month that goes by, the case becomes harder to solve, if only because other, newer cases are taking precedence. Detectives will pick Woodard’s murder back up if new information comes in. But logistics dictate that the case is not being worked as actively now as it was last December.

This doesn’t mean that the shooter will never be brought to justice. If Woodard’s shooting was indeed drug-related, then it’s entirely possible that police will eventually arrest someone who, in order to save his own skin, might volunteer information about the Woodard homicide. And if the case is eventually solved, I’m guessing it’ll be solved that way—thanks to a random informant who comes to the police, rather than the police unearthing this information on their own. But, then, I’ve been wrong about the Brandon Woodard case before. http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/12...of_midtown.html

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #754922
12/22/13 08:21 PM
12/22/13 08:21 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Thank you Scorsese

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #754981
12/23/13 06:28 AM
12/23/13 06:28 AM
Southeastern Massachusetts
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
Southeastern Massachusetts
This is the first I'm hearing this story...very interesting

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: JCB1977] #755021
12/23/13 11:02 AM
12/23/13 11:02 AM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
No problem,it was about a year ago around this time it happened. People were saying that these guys were gonna get caught just because of the rental vehicle and brazenness. Goes to show you can still pull a clean hit in broad daylight in a city with more cctv cameras than people walking around.

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #762834
02/10/14 02:10 PM
02/10/14 02:10 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Actor spared death after avoiding ambush hit with coke dealers
By Jamie SchramFebruary 10, 2014 | 12:34am
Modal Trigger

A Hollywood actor was spared the real-life role of victim in a fatal shooting because he failed to show up for a Midtown meeting that turned into a hit on a drug-dealing associate, The Post has learned.
Quran Pender, 35, and his alleged partner, Brandon Woodard, 31, along with a third unidentified accomplice, were invited to the Big Apple in December 2012 by their Queens associates to discuss their coast-to-coast cocaine operation, law-enforcement sources said.
But Woodard, a law student, made the trip to New York alone and was murdered execution-style by a gunman in broad daylight on busy West 58th Street off Seventh Avenue, near Carnegie Hall.
Dramatic video shows Woodard taking a call on his cellphone — which cops believe was made to distract him — seconds before his killer gunned him down and fled in a getaway car.
Pender — who starred in “The Cookout” films with Queen Latifah and Danny Glover — and his unidentified cohort stayed behind in Los Angeles for reasons that are not clear, the sources said.
The investigation into Woodard’s murder lead cops to California, where Pender was busted on May 14, 2013, for his alleged role in the bicoastal cocaine ring, the sources said.
Pender was extradited to New York to face a five-count indictment on felony charges of conspiracy and criminal sale of a controlled substance, according to court papers.
The 6-foot-2, 195-pound actor and his two partners had been selling coke on the West Coast for tens of thousands of dollars per kilo, according to the sources.
One of them had a connection with dealers from South Jamaica — and brokered an arrangement where the New Yorkers would purchase narcotics from their California partners and then sell the drugs on consignment in the city, the sources said.
Their first transaction went smoothly, with the California trio shipping one kilo to their Queens partners, who sold the coke and promptly mailed a share of the money back to California, according to the sources.
But the New York dealers were slow sending the Californians their cut after a second transaction, the sources said.
And in their third and final deal, the South Jamaica goons not only kept all the proceeds after selling three kilos — they then tried to lure their business partners to New York City to assassinate them, according to the sources.
But only Woodard showed up on Dec. 10, 2012.
No one was been arrested in the murder. And no member of the Queens gang has as yet been charged.
According to an indictment filed by Special Narcotics Prosecutor Bridget Brennan, Pender was operating his bicoastal cocaine business from June 2012 to May 2013.
Pender is being held on $500,000 bail at the Manhattan Detention Complex.
His attorney, Joseph Giaramita, did not return a call seeking comment.
His next court date is March 28.

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #799082
08/28/14 07:53 PM
08/28/14 07:53 PM
B
barry Offline
Made Member
barry  Offline
B
Made Member
It was a great place to raise kid's in the early to mid sixties. then the dope came in the seventies . 150th street and south road made millions ...

Re: gangland style execution in midtown new york [Re: Scorsese] #799083
08/28/14 07:58 PM
08/28/14 07:58 PM
New York
PetroPirelli Offline
Underboss
PetroPirelli  Offline
Underboss
New York
Actor spared death after avoiding ambush hit with coke dealers
By Jamie SchramFebruary 10, 2014 | 12:34am
Modal Trigger

A Hollywood actor was spared the real-life role of victim in a fatal shooting because he failed to show up for a Midtown meeting that turned into a hit on a drug-dealing associate, The Post has learned.
Quran Pender, 35, and his alleged partner, Brandon Woodard, 31, along with a third unidentified accomplice, were invited to the Big Apple in December 2012 by their Queens associates to discuss their coast-to-coast cocaine operation, law-enforcement sources said.
But Woodard, a law student, made the trip to New York alone and was murdered execution-style by a gunman in broad daylight on busy West 58th Street off Seventh Avenue, near Carnegie Hall.
Dramatic video shows Woodard taking a call on his cellphone — which cops believe was made to distract him — seconds before his killer gunned him down and fled in a getaway car.
Pender — who starred in “The Cookout” films with Queen Latifah and Danny Glover — and his unidentified cohort stayed behind in Los Angeles for reasons that are not clear, the sources said.
The investigation into Woodard’s murder lead cops to California, where Pender was busted on May 14, 2013, for his alleged role in the bicoastal cocaine ring, the sources said.
Pender was extradited to New York to face a five-count indictment on felony charges of conspiracy and criminal sale of a controlled substance, according to court papers.
The 6-foot-2, 195-pound actor and his two partners had been selling coke on the West Coast for tens of thousands of dollars per kilo, according to the sources.
One of them had a connection with dealers from South Jamaica — and brokered an arrangement where the New Yorkers would purchase narcotics from their California partners and then sell the drugs on consignment in the city, the sources said.
Their first transaction went smoothly, with the California trio shipping one kilo to their Queens partners, who sold the coke and promptly mailed a share of the money back to California, according to the sources.
But the New York dealers were slow sending the Californians their cut after a second transaction, the sources said.
And in their third and final deal, the South Jamaica goons not only kept all the proceeds after selling three kilos — they then tried to lure their business partners to New York City to assassinate them, according to the sources.
But only Woodard showed up on Dec. 10, 2012.
No one was been arrested in the murder. And no member of the Queens gang has as yet been charged.
According to an indictment filed by Special Narcotics Prosecutor Bridget Brennan, Pender was operating his bicoastal cocaine business from June 2012 to May 2013.
Pender is being held on $500,000 bail at the Manhattan Detention Complex.
His attorney, Joseph Giaramita, did not return a call seeking comment.
His next court date is March 28.

First update I've seen since the shooting happened. I remember when the shooting originally hit the news in New York and it was very brazen. Very interesting about the other two guys not coming to New York - very lucky they didn't.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull