GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (chin_gigante, 1 invisible), 139 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,119
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,719
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Harry Aleman's Appeal #681138
12/05/12 04:58 AM
12/05/12 04:58 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Dear Judge (Ann) Williams:

At my bond hearing before Magistrate Rosemond, my lawyer, Allan Ackerman could not have made a better plea for my liberty. The argument Allan presented to the Magistrate gave him every opportunity to release me with any conditions he felt necessary, but it wasn't to be.

Now, I appeal to you. Contrary to what the prosecutors said about me, I'm a human being. I am also a lucky man. I have a wife who has stood by my side for 30 years. I have 2 daughters, both married, 2 sons and 6 grandchildren that is my immediate family. I also have 2 brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins and brothers and sister-in-laws and my father, who is 75 is still with me. We are all close and all supported me morally while I was away for the last decade. Beyond family, I am blessed with friends in the community, any number of them -- more than willing to vouch for my character and reliability (I include as an exhibit to this affidavit a listing of persons who are capable of being contacted regarding the above).

I love my wife and kids and that is my stability and predictability. There isn't enough money in the world to make me run away from my family. Throughout my years in prison, I survived for my family and they have stood by me never knowing when I was coming home with the 30 year sentence I had. I made parole after 11 years [1977 - 1989] and I came home to 5 more grandchildren and they all know me to love me. When the man of the household is gone, everything starts to disintegrate, but my family remained strong because there is a bond that just kept growing year after year. I can never ever flee and leave my family. If you believe anything at all, believe this.

As for the witness or witnesses, they are under the protection of the government and who can protect better than the government? I am no threat to any witnesses.

Concerning the community, where I live, I still cannot comprehend the meaning of "Danger to the Community." I have only lived in my community a short while and they accept me as they do my family.

I'm appealing to you as a judge and as a human being and not to forget that all humans in our country should be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Today, an allegation is one of our evils, along with the omnipotent news media that can make your name a household word which can affect a potential juror.

I'll abide by any conditions you make for bond and I'll keep up my end up until we finish the trial.

Thank you for your consideration.

With respect

Harry Aleman.

source: http://www.ipsn.org/aleman1.html

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Harry Aleman's Appeal [Re: Toodoped] #681156
12/05/12 08:59 AM
12/05/12 08:59 AM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Pretty cool. Did you ever read the interview he did with the Sun Times while in prison? I can't find a link anymore. It was kind of interesting.

There is a great out of print book on him written by a Chicago writer named Rick Kogan as well, Everybody Pays.

Aleman was almost like a archtpye of a gangster... vicious murderer who didn't drink, loved his family and never flipped.

Re: Harry Aleman's Appeal [Re: jonnynonos] #681194
12/05/12 11:50 AM
12/05/12 11:50 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
yeah i ive read it somewhere that Aleman was strait.No drugs no alc..But i never saw that interview before,it would be nice to read it. cool

Re: Harry Aleman's Appeal [Re: Toodoped] #681200
12/05/12 11:57 AM
12/05/12 11:57 AM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Sorry, it appears to have been taken off line from nearly all sources. That sucks... it was really cool. If you scroll to the bottom of this blog, though, it has some outtakes from it at the very bottom under the header "Last Words."

http://ganglandchicago.blogspot.com/2010/02/harry-sam-aleman-january-19-1939-may-15.html

Re: Harry Aleman's Appeal [Re: jonnynonos] #681203
12/05/12 12:05 PM
12/05/12 12:05 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
Sorry, it appears to have been taken off line from nearly all sources. That sucks... it was really cool. If you scroll to the bottom of this blog, though, it has some outtakes from it at the very bottom under the header "Last Words."

http://ganglandchicago.blogspot.com/2010/02/harry-sam-aleman-january-19-1939-may-15.html

Nice man!thanx

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull