GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Jimmy_Two_Times, RushStreet, 1 invisible), 245 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,339
Posts1,058,898
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: gamms] #681507
12/06/12 02:24 AM
12/06/12 02:24 AM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: sitonmyface11
Originally Posted By: meffaboston
Lol I got a quick question for you pizza an sitonmyface....wats gottis rep on the street today or even when he died u think certain ppl were pissed about his bullshit...I honestly think massino said it right "john set this thing back 100 yrs"

pizzas right. the one thing i give john props for,is being a loyal and having balls. its one thing to kill a guy. its one thing to kill two guys. it is one thing to kill two guys without the boss.but to kill the boss and his under?then take over himself?balls.balls.balls. he was respected for that. i think there was a 'mutual' fear between the chin and gotti. the 'chin' was the only one with the juice to take out gotti. and gotti was the only one with balls enough to take a shot at the chin.lol.

john had a lot of 'supporters'. honestly he was a 'lovable' guy. ive seen him twice in my life. we were 'formally' introduced at the old casa calamari. the 'nose' introduced us. he knew my father as well as he was friends with oneil. he was 'larger than life'.so to speak. he reminded me of that popular kid in high school that always had a bunch of kids around him. asking him 'hows the wine john', 'nice tie john'....from everything ive heard.mostly from a friend of mine from h.b.,said he helped a lot of people in his neighborhood. just handing out money or food. i believe it. my father told me we should watch the procession. must have been ten thousand people lined up and down the road there in ozp and hb. [crossbay blvd i think i dont know queens].people crying, you would have thought it was princess diana.lol.

a lot of guys didnt like him though. the brothers from canarsie, the cherry hill guys. honestly,he had more balls than brains. in fact,a lot more.lol. like pizza says, the whole 'no plea' thing is rediculous.lol. the gambino brothers said 'fuck that' and took a plea.lol. if he was to see his family now hed be furious. the most powerful guys are the guys he never trusted.lol. truthfully,he wasnt smart enough to ever be picked 'legitamately' as boss. im not saying he wasnt smart, but it takes a certain personality to be boss with out destroying the family in the process.

John would have showed more balls if he had pulled the trigger himself that night in front of Sparks. Sitting back and having other guys do your dirty work for you just seems kind of weenieish. I abhor violence and don't condone organized crime, but it just seems strange how guys like Gotti get elevated to mythical status when, in actuality, much of their status and power are due to the work of underlings. Just saying......If John hated Castellano and Bilotti so much, what would stop him from handling the problem himself, personally???

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #681545
12/06/12 11:41 AM
12/06/12 11:41 AM
G
gamms Offline
Was: sitonmyface11
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
he had about a dozen of very influential family members that were in on that hit. if he just did it himself,with no one behind him?hed be dead.

the other thing is.you send two guys to hit one.not the other way around. in a big public hit on a crowded manhattan street,its better to have four or five shooters, two crash cars and a look out.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #681547
12/06/12 11:49 AM
12/06/12 11:49 AM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
No problem man. It was getting bad here for awhile. Haha were you around when mobguy was a regular poster? I've never beheld such a whackjob before lol

when i first got here he had a few hundred posts.i know i caught him in about two dozen lies over personal messages. i still have them somewhere in there. he claimed to be in the 'racketeering business' lol with a friend of mind but couldt tell me which street he lived on.

he said there relationship was 'strictly business'. they would just go 'racketeering' around the neighborhood.lol.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: NickyEyes1] #681554
12/06/12 12:20 PM
12/06/12 12:20 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
is throggs neck italian still pizzaboy?

As a whole Throggs Neck is still mostly Italian and Irish, Nicky. I'm on the Country Club/Throggs Neck border. Country Club is more Italian, Throggs Neck is more Irish. On the other side of I95, over by Tremont, the neighborhood is becoming a little bit more diverse.

But you have to remember, I'm 53 years old. I've lived in Throggs Neck for 25 years. And the changes to Throggs Neck are minimal compared to the changes where I grew up (In the Arthur Avenue-Belmont section of the Bronx). That neighborhood is almost entirely Latino today. Even the Albanians, who followed the Italians to Belmont, have moved to the suburbs. The stores and restaurants are still Italian, but the actual population, not so much.

We live in Florida for about four months a year. Other than that I'm never leaving Throggs Neck. If I was going to bolt for Westchester or the Island, I would have done it a long time ago, when my kids were small.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #681651
12/06/12 06:07 PM
12/06/12 06:07 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
when did the Italians leave Belmont? 80's/90's??

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: NickyEyes1] #681654
12/06/12 06:30 PM
12/06/12 06:30 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
when did the Italians leave Belmont? 80's/90's??

Yeah, pretty much. By the mid '70s, most of the kids I grew up with had "moved on up" to Westchester with their families. My own parents ended up moving to the Scarsdale-Eastchester area after I got married. My Mom is gone now, but my Dad still lives there.

By the mid '80s, the neighborhood was at least half Albanian. But they never bothered anyone. Except for one isolated incident (and it was a big one, a heavyweight wiseguy's son was killed by one of them), I don't remember one single problem with the Alabanians in the area. For all the talk of them being crazy, I never really bought into it. But like I said, even the Albanians have moved to the suburbs now. You can tell by the Church. Mount Carmel has more Spanish masses now than English AND Italian.

I'm still in the area quite a bit, though. My family owns a rental property there. Hoffman Street to be exact.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #681661
12/06/12 06:37 PM
12/06/12 06:37 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Seems like that's when most Italian neighborhoods started to become less Italian. I wonder why?

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: NickyEyes1] #681665
12/06/12 06:44 PM
12/06/12 06:44 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Seems like that's when most Italian neighborhoods started to become less Italian. I wonder why?

Because we bettered ourselves, Nicky. That's why. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Why would I want my kids to grow up in what amounted to be a tenement at the time? Those buildings were old and cramped. That Italians got out is a GOOD thing. Sure, I miss the old neighborhood itself, but things change. And that's that.

I own (along with several family members) the very building I grew up in. Not to toot my own horn, but if that's not a testament to a guy from the neighborhood who "done good," I don't know what is. And for the record, the building is a lot better off now than when I grew up. The tenants have hot water today lol.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #681667
12/06/12 06:52 PM
12/06/12 06:52 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
I'm sure you've seen put check out this photo of Barney Bellomo i posted.
http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=623923&page=16
Do you know who Mickey Generoso is (the guy next to him)? Can't find much about him.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #681668
12/06/12 07:02 PM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
hes an old timer brooklyn guy. actually i believe he grew up in the same part of the l.e.s. that my fathers family did. he was under in the ninetys.well respected guy, his son is a wiseguy now.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: NickyEyes1] #681669
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
He's retired. Chucky took over his crew from what I understand.

Mickey literally has to be almost a hundred years old now. But he was a fucking powerhouse in his day.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #681672
12/06/12 07:06 PM
12/06/12 07:06 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Part of my parents old neighborhood in Little Italy (Chicago) fell victim to UIC (University of Illinois @ Chicago) expansion, Nicky. The part of Aberdeen Street that used to link up to West Harrison was completely razed and turned into a huge parking lot for UIC students/staff. It is the part of Aberdeen that used to have Joey Di Buono's (Tufano's Vernon Park Tap/Restaurant) grandparent's bakery. That street had several apartment buildings that were all Italian families with three generations in some cases. Most of them moved out to Cicero & Berwyn but my folks chose to move to a big up and coming new suburb called Barber's Corners... later named Bolingbrook.

Apologies for off topic but it just shows how some neighborhoods change in big cities. Ironic thing about this is that it still is a great neighborhood with a lot of Italian influence and main stays to this day. It always made me wonder how my life may have turned out if my folks never had to leave that street.

Last edited by Mark; 12/06/12 07:18 PM.
Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #681677
12/06/12 07:16 PM
12/06/12 07:16 PM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
pizza i beat you to it.lol.

but yeah mick is 92 i think.and yeah chuckie is his guy. mike jr is chucks godson. its pretty much a staten island crew now. honestly,its gone down hill since mickey had it.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #681715
12/06/12 08:44 PM
12/06/12 08:44 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
really? he didnt look that old in the picture

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: NickyEyes1] #681717
12/06/12 08:47 PM
12/06/12 08:47 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
really? he didnt look that old in the picture

That's an old picture. Barney is almost 56 now. Didn't you notice how young he looked in that same picture?

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #681728
12/06/12 09:12 PM
12/06/12 09:12 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
oh i thought it was like 20 years ago max

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #681738
12/06/12 09:56 PM
12/06/12 09:56 PM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
twenty years ago barneys still in his thirties.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #681739
12/06/12 09:57 PM
12/06/12 09:57 PM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
and mikey is early seventies?

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Mark] #681747
12/06/12 10:22 PM
12/06/12 10:22 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Originally Posted By: Mark
Part of my parents old neighborhood in Little Italy (Chicago) fell victim to UIC (University of Illinois @ Chicago) expansion, Nicky. The part of Aberdeen Street that used to link up to West Harrison was completely razed and turned into a huge parking lot for UIC students/staff. It is the part of Aberdeen that used to have Joey Di Buono's (Tufano's Vernon Park Tap/Restaurant) grandparent's bakery. That street had several apartment buildings that were all Italian families with three generations in some cases. Most of them moved out to Cicero & Berwyn but my folks chose to move to a big up and coming new suburb called Barber's Corners... later named Bolingbrook.

Apologies for off topic but it just shows how some neighborhoods change in big cities. Ironic thing about this is that it still is a great neighborhood with a lot of Italian influence and main stays to this day. It always made me wonder how my life may have turned out if my folks never had to leave that street.

yeah that's bullshit that UIC did that to Little Italy

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: meffaboston] #681795
12/07/12 07:57 AM
12/07/12 07:57 AM
johnnyboysala Offline
Made Member
johnnyboysala  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: meffaboston
anyone reading an wants to be a member of these boards should read an pay attention for a while before signing up..I learned just by reading ppl like ivy an pizzaboy

Same. I check back most days just to read. I rarely post as I'm from London and can't add much to conversations, but I've learnt so much just from reading what these guys have to say.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: pizzaboy] #681806
12/07/12 10:30 AM
12/07/12 10:30 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

Do you know who Mickey Generoso is (the guy next to him)? Can't find much about him.

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
He's retired. Chucky took over his crew from what I understand.

Mickey literally has to be almost a hundred years old now. But he was a fucking powerhouse in his day.

Just like Sit said (by the way, welcome to the forum Sit) Mickey lived in Brooklyn and was a huge numbers operator. At least in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.
His father, Vincenzo "Jimmy" Generoso had also been a captain, a powerful one, probably already back when Luciano led the Family. Mickey took over his father´s crew sometime in the late 1960s. According to informants, his father ran a large bookmaking operation out of the Belvedere Bar on 2nd Avenue in East Harlem.
The murdered Genovese member Sally "Burns" Granello was at one point member of this crew. When arrested in 1964 for rape, Granello received a severe reprimand from Jimmy Generoso and it was said that Granello beat the rape charges by paying off the victim´s mother.
When Granello was murdered, it was said that the hit was made with the approval of the Generosos, father and son.

PB, the chucky you mentioned, is it possibly Chucky Tuzzo?

[Linked Image]
Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #681843
12/07/12 01:12 PM
12/07/12 01:12 PM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
thanks hairy.yes thats charles tuzzo.'chuckie'. he was also called 'chickie',but he was much younger then.lol.

i never knew mickeys dad jimmy was an 'uptown' guy.who did he answer to?

mick was big into numbers. he owned a 'bank'. the 'bank' is basically a central office where bets were deposited and winners paid out.a lot of bets [like sports] were taken 'on credit', your customers could all pay up at the end of the week. a 'bank' needs enough money on hand to pay winners off for a week before collecting there debts. he had a 'runner' named 'zane'.lol. zane used to be the 'notoriously worst' card cheat youve ever seen. he usef to pull these old scams at games all over the place.mickey probably represented that guy in more fucking sit downs than he could count.he was 'banned' from carmine's place on 18th as well as 'pineys' after hours joint on cropsey. once zane got his wife to phone in a 'bomb threat' on a game where he was up a few hundred dollars.lol! the cops came, arrested everyone [including zane],took everyones money.lol. that was zane though,'one step forward, two steps back'.

jesus sorry to rant fellas.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: HairyKnuckles] #681844
12/07/12 01:15 PM
12/07/12 01:15 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Yes, Hairy. That's the guy. And to be perfectly honest, he's no spring chicken either. He's gotta be close to 80 now, and he looks every day of it lol.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: gamms] #681855
12/07/12 01:56 PM
12/07/12 01:56 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
thanks hairy.yes thats charles tuzzo.'chuckie'. he was also called 'chickie',but he was much younger then.lol.

i never knew mickeys dad jimmy was an 'uptown' guy.who did he answer to?

mick was big into numbers. he owned a 'bank'. the 'bank' is basically a central office where bets were deposited and winners paid out.a lot of bets [like sports] were taken 'on credit', your customers could all pay up at the end of the week. a 'bank' needs enough money on hand to pay winners off for a week before collecting there debts. he had a 'runner' named 'zane'.lol. zane used to be the 'notoriously worst' card cheat youve ever seen. he usef to pull these old scams at games all over the place.mickey probably represented that guy in more fucking sit downs than he could count.he was 'banned' from carmine's place on 18th as well as 'pineys' after hours joint on cropsey. once zane got his wife to phone in a 'bomb threat' on a game where he was up a few hundred dollars.lol! the cops came, arrested everyone [including zane],took everyones money.lol. that was zane though,'one step forward, two steps back'.

jesus sorry to rant fellas.

I guess Jimmy was a lower Manhattan guy primarily, but also used that location in upper Manhattan for his bookmaking operation. That is if the informant, who claimed this, was right. Jimmy was a captain, so I guess he answered only to the Genovese biggies at the time (Eboli, Miranda and Catena).

Sit, keep on ranting. Love your stories! smile

[Linked Image]
Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: pizzaboy] #681856
12/07/12 01:58 PM
12/07/12 01:58 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Yes, Hairy. That's the guy.

Thanks!

[Linked Image]
Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: gamms] #681943
12/07/12 07:02 PM
12/07/12 07:02 PM
King Offline
Button
King  Offline
Button
yeah.lol. honestly all of gottis 'attempts at logic' sounded fucking retarded to me. that whole 'i dont lie bc i dont fear anyone',lol. pretty sound advice there john.lol.

John Gotti didn't fear anyone. If he was going to be murdered and there was no way out of it then he would face it like he faced his prison sentence. Alot of trouble was caused by him because he was a very blunt man and told it how it was.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: King] #681998
12/08/12 02:43 AM
12/08/12 02:43 AM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: King
yeah.lol. honestly all of gottis 'attempts at logic' sounded fucking retarded to me. that whole 'i dont lie bc i dont fear anyone',lol. pretty sound advice there john.lol.

John Gotti didn't fear anyone. If he was going to be murdered and there was no way out of it then he would face it like he faced his prison sentence. Alot of trouble was caused by him because he was a very blunt man and told it how it was.

It's highly likely that John Gotti feared Paul Castellano. Gotti and his crew were in hot soup, and Johnny Boy knew what was likely to happen!

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: JasonAnthony74] #682006
12/08/12 06:40 AM
12/08/12 06:40 AM
King Offline
Button
King  Offline
Button
Not really Jason. Johnny G had street people and had better connection than Paul. He had people who were rising fast. He had a WHOLE crew of people. He was a blunt man and hated Paul so why would he fear him? John whacked him without permission.

Though I like Big Paul better, John broke a rule. You don't whack your boss, plain and simple.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #682069
12/08/12 01:24 PM
12/08/12 01:24 PM
King Offline
Button
King  Offline
Button
In all fairness, Gotti should of went. He whacked one of Castellano's men, whacked Big Paul and exposed La Cosa Nostra.

Re: Gotti family inheritance... [Re: Benny_Eggs] #682073
12/08/12 01:35 PM
12/08/12 01:35 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
gotti didnt have commission approval, but the hit was brought before all the other families except the genovese and they all said "do what you got to do" or they looked the other way, just for the record

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull