GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (joepuzzles234), 203 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,949
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,344
Posts1,058,970
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 50 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 49 50
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #727706
07/18/13 08:25 PM
07/18/13 08:25 PM
East Boston
Bennie_The_Ball Offline
Button
Bennie_The_Ball  Offline
Button
East Boston
James “Whitey” Bulger and Stephen “The Rifleman” Flemmi exchanged heated words today after Flemmi took the stand in US District Court and described Bulger as an FBI informant who gave information to law enforcement “hundreds of times’’ during their shared criminal careers.

Flemmi testified as a prosecution witness against his one-time partner in the Winter Hill Gang, an appearance that lasted for about 15 minutes before the trial ended for the day. But as the jury was leaving, Flemmi stood in the witness stand with his hands on his hips and could be seen mouthing an expletive at Bulger.(He stared at him and said"You MotherFucker")

The 83-year-old South Boston gangster replied, though it was not known what he said.

The two men, who once mapped out extortion and murders together, glared at each other.

“Really,” Flemmi said before being led out of the courtroom.

Bulger is charged in a sweeping federal racketeering indictment with participating in 19 murders in the 1970s and 1980s, extortion, money laundering, and stockpiling guns. He has pleaded not guilty to all charges and is being held without bail. His notoriety grew when he went on the lam for 16 years, evading an international manhunt, and when his cozy ties to corrupt FBI agents were revealed.

Shortly before 1 p.m., Flemmi was sworn in, giving jurors their first look at the 79-year-old who has hearing loss in his right ear. Flemmi was wearing a khaki prison uniform and windbreaker.

“Do you know a man named James Bulger?’’ Flemmi was asked.

“Yes, he’s right there at the table,’’ he replied, describing Bulger’s clothing to confirm the identification.

Flemmi said he last saw Bulger one week prior to Christmas in 1994.

Asked what his relationship with Bulger was, he replied, “Strictly criminal.”

Bulger, through his attorneys, has insisted he was not an informant for the FBI.

Flemmi today was asked directly: Was Bulger an informant for the FBI?

“Yes,’’ Flemmi responded, prompting Bulger to raise his head and look at his former ally.

Flemmi testified that he was on hand “hundreds of times’’ when Bulger provided the FBI with information about other criminals, especially members of the Mafia.

“I was giving him information, and he was giving it to the FBI,’’ Flemmi said.

He said Bulger gave information to corrupt FBI agent John Connolly and other FBI agents.

Flemmi testified about 15 minutes, until 1 p.m., the time the trial ends each day. He is due back on the stand Friday.

Flemmi, according to long-time Boston defense attorney Martin G. Weinberg, “is arguably the most critical witness in the case. He is the single witness who can either adopt or contradict Bulger’s claims that he was not guilty of certain murders and that he was not an informant.”

In letters to a friend from jail last year that were shared with the Globe, Bulger said the two things he most wants to refute are that he was an informant and that he killed two women, who are among his 19 alleged victims. Flemmi is a key government witness on those points.

Flemmi is serving a life sentence for 10 murders and has implicated Bulger in all of them. He claims he watched as Bulger strangled Debra Davis and Deborah Hussey on separate occasions in the 1980s. He is also expected to offer jurors a firsthand account of the corrupt relationship he and Bulger shared with FBI agents and of leaked information he says prompted them to kill other informants.

Colin Sullivan: "What Freud said about the Irish is: We're the only people who are impervious to psychoanalysis."

Cincotti said: "They don't have the scruples that we have." Zannino agreed. "You know how I knew they weren't Italiano? When they bombed the fucking house. We don't do that."
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #727707
07/18/13 08:37 PM
07/18/13 08:37 PM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
Rumor is that someone likely gave him a hot shot to kill him and make it look like suicide. He wasn't a drug user so if it turns out to be an overdose, that's likely what happened. He had A LOT of enemies so its anyone's guess who's responsible.

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #727725
07/18/13 09:35 PM
07/18/13 09:35 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
Truthfully and im not bias at all but I really give two fucks about what happened to most of any southie guys to be honest. I have good southie friends and they are the only I cares about and they was not under or feared by bulger not one bit and one of em is nee a dear friend but anyway god bless him and I really dont like that many irish period except the girls lol. And believe me my friends understand and Im open with my opinion and disgust with those bums, and for paul I told yous he was just a drug business partner trying to find a way in from outside the universe never mind the outside the lines.

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "
Re: boston [Re: Little_Frankie] #727730
07/18/13 09:50 PM
07/18/13 09:50 PM
New Hampshire
caprese Offline
Button
caprese  Offline
Button
New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: Little_Frankie
I've found out some more info about the relationship between Paul D and the renegade faction. According to an old friend of mine, Paul knew Gigi and those guys through his drug business. He knew they would never win the war because they were all whacked out on smack 24/7. Some guys from Paul's crew stole a bunch of guns from Gigi and his guys. These were the guns that the Silva girl was hiding and the reason she was butchered. Paul was hoping to amass a large cache of weapons to hand over to the Ray JR faction when he got out of jail. My buddy basically said that Paul was begging to be legitimized but he knew the renegades couldn't provide that for him and no one on the other side wanted anything to do with him. His plan was to "buy" his way in by handing this war chest over hoping it would ingratiate him to the LCN.

Wow little frankie. Very, very interesting.. This explains to me why Paul always talked about when Ray Jr. gets out of the can everything is going to be set straight. I always knew he was building this war chest and saving all this money for Ray, but I never understood exactly why. Did Ray Jr. actually want to be boss again???? He basically was made to step down by the real Renegades (Russo, Carrozza and Ferrara)... Did Ray have hgis own seperate faction...making for 3 different factions trying to grab the power??? Who was Ray Jr backed by? The Lucchesses? Maybe it is true that Paul was on his way up and would have gotten his in if everything didn't go into the shitter??? This kind of opens up a can of worms in my mind.

Very interesting info!

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #727740
07/18/13 10:05 PM
07/18/13 10:05 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
As for mr limone very respected smart and one of the few old school men, a mans man, around, As far as making new men i wouldnt be suprised joe the horse is made now he can go to war has balls and very street smart but i dont see to many guys being made, all the important figures are keeping their circles real tight tighter than a virgin pussy and for great reasons. What I do see and thats with a inside view is men thats close and capable of becuase remember i heard they are going old school with hits before buttons and all that so that being said expect a few bodies to pop up before any buttons just because they want things to be real thorough or guys really vouched for by these important figures so they have a better chance of being honorable worthy men of this lifestyle and secret family. I know you guys are saying the bodies bring the heat and blah blah blah but they not going blood thirsty here just keeping things really fundamental dort of speak. To many rats and to minimize that and minimize the rossetti's and deluca's, they trying to clear the drugs all the way out no drug money, usage, taxes nothing.to many ways to make money regardless how good the money is it turns your brain into mush and im ok with some reefer but not everyone knows the limit. They also are very wary with these guys who are tring to hard instead just being natural. Paul d is and example since we talk about him but gigi is a example they use as well as r.i.p. rizzi sonny rizzo step son but my point is they are trying to bonifide themselves with old school rules and demeanor and this been an issue for at leats a year now. And I took a look at the pictures malden just to look and it was like I knew it was white males, and 100 sure gangland related.

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #727789
07/19/13 01:08 AM
07/19/13 01:08 AM
New Hampshire
caprese Offline
Button
caprese  Offline
Button
New Hampshire
agree with Joerusso about that Malden hit. Who's to say that it wasn't disguised to look like 2 black Malden street hoods? Ingenious idea actually.

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #727796
07/19/13 01:24 AM
07/19/13 01:24 AM
New Hampshire
caprese Offline
Button
caprese  Offline
Button
New Hampshire
Hey joerusso or little frankie. I was wondering if either of you seem to know what the deal was wit Ray Jr....The only person I ever heard talk about Ray Jr taking back power was Paul D. Was this just irrational crazy thinking on his part? I mean the guy was made to step down and was in tears of joy that they let him live. I just don't get it. We know about the Eastie renegade faction but was there actually 2 renegade factions one of them being the Ray Jr faction?

I wondered what was meant in silvermans (I know he was a jackass for lying about having his button, but perhaps he did know a few inside things)book about Paul being the leader of the renegaded but perhaps he wasn't referring to the East Boston renegades but rather a Paul D/Ray Jr luchesse backed faction that was another separate renegade faction on it 's own. Is this a possibility guys?

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #727810
07/19/13 02:00 AM
07/19/13 02:00 AM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
I dont understand what your asking here caprese. I know this ray jr stepped down after grasso was clipped, I also know that salemme was backing ray jr and popped same day grasso was wacked, I know salemme had his cohorts ready for war after the renegade was indicted, thats when salemme was making his moves on bookies and clipping people so on and forth because obviously the heads of the faction was locked up so it was like unspoken take over and thats when the underlings romano,ciampi,gigi etc from eastie got permission from carrozza to start it back up and take over the bookies and everything salemme got control based on him backing of ray jr anf taking control of the family without the real power saying its ok. With that being said it was more like salemme wasnt respected and took control of whats left from various of indictments of some real powerhouses. And the people that was left wasnt ready for war, the law just came in hard so why get exposed rather stay low and make some bread. Thats why it was bunch of young punks trying to make a name, Yea they was young but had some big balls and idk if it was because they was high on junk or to fuckin smacked to realize how to do anything but it sure wasnt taking over bookies or sports operations or gambling homes and protecting legal business or extortion or even white collar crime as real estate, constructioin nothing but drugs and shooting people that was salemme loyalist and salemme was a ray jr loyalist and salemme took control of whats left and thats what the whole war started over, was to take over and make it back how ray sr had for thirty semi years but it didnt happen for the late great ruzzo, bianco, and ferrara and carrozza because of legal issues. and beleive me if it wasnt for that everyone knows but anyone who knows somebody or something knows salemme and his whole support system didnt have a chance. the faction was too strong and had alot of killers and backing from biago, spucky, carmen tortora gambale, isabella, the providence guys pretty matt, manoccchio with his alliance to bianco and veto deluca and his slient partnership with biago going back to the old country, white and the lists goes on. the only real backing salemme had was sonny rizzo and cue ball and they wasnt going to make a move becuase they would get hit in a minute so that backing was shaky to say the least. so idk where thand there backing wast as strong. Rossetti's, prochilio jr, luisi was young punks as well, very capable, but a nobody, floramo with bobby deluca and salemme brother was the only figures on that side so it was as lopsided as it gets IF it wasnt for the legal issues becuase damn near everyone got canned, EVERYONE. IDK where the luchesse come from because it was russo who went to gotti and got the permission so if anything it was gambino's who supported the faction because if luchesse supported ray jr where was the support? Where was the extra men to win the war or even verbal backing so he wouldnt step down in the first place? And as for paul he wasnt even a turd during this, if it wasnt for the junk and the business with gigi and what not over junk and paulie switchig cocks just for his name to known and get connected we would be like, who is paul decolgero!!!

Last edited by Joerusso; 07/19/13 02:44 AM. Reason: spelling and punucuation

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #727824
07/19/13 07:33 AM
07/19/13 07:33 AM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
To put it in simple terms, Salemme was a Ray JR guy. It was JR Russo and Ferrara (leaders of the renegades) who forced Ray JR out so Paul figured if you eliminate the renegades, Ray JR would step back in when he was released. By this time, the blame for the bugging was coming off Ray JR and they were learning it was Mercurio the rat so Ray had a lot of supporters and allies coming back to his side. Some of that support was just people longing for the old days of Ray SR and wanting to end the turbulence.

Personally, I think Ray JR was done with the life. He was probably relieved to get out alive. He went on to be 10x more successful in the legit world than he ever was in the underworld. He was not like his father and I mean that in a good way.

Re: boston [Re: Little_Frankie] #727853
07/19/13 12:00 PM
07/19/13 12:00 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I know yesterday and today should be interesting with Flemmi on the stand.

Stippo seemed very pissed that he wasn't going to testify. I wonder if he had a heart attack while walking? I still wonder why the state chose not to use him though?

Re: boston [Re: dixiemafia] #727865
07/19/13 12:30 PM
07/19/13 12:30 PM
East Boston
Bennie_The_Ball Offline
Button
Bennie_The_Ball  Offline
Button
East Boston
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
I know yesterday and today should be interesting with Flemmi on the stand.

Stippo seemed very pissed that he wasn't going to testify. I wonder if he had a heart attack while walking? I still wonder why the state chose not to use him though?

Because the defense had a miriad of rebuttal witnesses lined up against anything that Rakes would produce on the stand.

Colin Sullivan: "What Freud said about the Irish is: We're the only people who are impervious to psychoanalysis."

Cincotti said: "They don't have the scruples that we have." Zannino agreed. "You know how I knew they weren't Italiano? When they bombed the fucking house. We don't do that."
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #727869
07/19/13 12:34 PM
07/19/13 12:34 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
If there are still powerful guys left in the family then why are the Dinunzios running things? They're idiots.

Re: boston [Re: dixiemafia] #727871
07/19/13 12:40 PM
07/19/13 12:40 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Highlights from Flemmi testimony the past two days:

-He's 79, born in Boston, lived most of life here. "Where are you now?"..."I'm in the federal system." "Prison." "Yes."

-Flemmi says has hearing loss in right ear, been in prison 17 years

-HIs divorced wife is deceased. He had two brothers, Michael and Jimmy. Jimmy passed. Has two kids with 1st wife 3 with Marion Hussey

-Met Bulger in '69, then again when returned in '74. Had a relationship for 20 years.

-"I saw him a week prior to Christmas, 1994."
What was your relationship in 20 year period?
"Strictly criminal"
Friends?
Yes.

-Last time he saw Bulger was a week before Christmas in 1994

-Were you an FBI informant?
Yes. Back in the 60's.
"Quid pro quo. I was giving them information, they were giving me information."

-"At behest of the FBI, Mr. Bulger arranged for me to meet" FBI agents.
A year passed?
Was Mr. Bulger an FBI informant?
"Yes."

-"How do you know that?"..."Because I was giving him information, and he was giving it to the FBI."

-Were you present when Whitey gave info to FBI?
"Hundreds of times."
Who?
"John Connolly, other agents."

-"Did you provide information to John Connolly?" "Yes." "Did Mr. Bulger provide information to John Connolly?" "yes."

-"Mostly Mafia information."
Who did most talking?
"Mr. Bulger...I was part of organization. I was friendly with Bulger"

-Besides Mafia? Whitey give anybody else up?
"Different people from South Boston."
Ever meet Connolly without Bulger?
"No"

-Did Whitey meet Connolly without you?
"Yes. They went on vacation together."
"He'd call Connolly at home."

-"Could you describe Mr. Bulger's personality?"
"Overbearing, forceful."

-"More overbearing than you?" "yes."..."More forceful than you?" "yes."

-You been in jail, what sentence?
"They took the death penalties off."
What serving?
"Life sentence...in Oklahoma..Florida."

-Also, an additional sentence of 30 years for guns.

-Wyshak rattles off names of 10 victims, asks Flemmi if he pled guilty to them; Flemmi says Yes 10 times

-Distributing drugs in South Boston? Yes.
Money laundering? Yes.
Obstruction of justice? Yes.
Firearms? Yes.

-Flemmi plead guilty to 10 murders: Sousa, Connors, King, Castucci, Davis, Callahan, Barrett, McIntyre, Hussey

-Pled guilty to murders of Roger Wheeler in Oklahoma and John Callahan in Florida?
Yes.

Re: boston [Re: Bennie_The_Ball] #727873
07/19/13 12:41 PM
07/19/13 12:41 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: Bennie_The_Ball
Because the defense had a miriad of rebuttal witnesses lined up against anything that Rakes would produce on the stand.

True, true. He is not the most credible witness even though most in this trial are not either wink

Re: boston [Re: dixiemafia] #727875
07/19/13 12:50 PM
07/19/13 12:50 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
---As jury filed out, Flemmi stood with hands on hip, mouthed "m'fer" to Bulger, who said something back as they glared, "really?" said Flemmi

---People started lining up at 1:30 am today outside to score a seat in Bulger trial; only 10 got into main room, and 310 in 4 overflow room

---Defense says wants to discuss at end of day how many witnesses they will have; government needs to pay hotel bills for out-of-town witnesses

---Flemmi, who is 58th witness in case; day 25 of Bulger trial

---Government saying they expect to rest their case in chief next week. Defense will then present a case, if it chooses to.

---Going over Stevie's guilty plea agreement.
"They were gonna put me in a wit sec program...living conditions much better than prison"

---Flemmi agrees govt would give his brother Michael, former Boston cop, leniency for moving guns for him if Michael cooperated, "he refused"

---Michael Flemmi served 10 yrs for obstruction of justice and weapons charges, is now free.

---Flemmi's plea agreements carry over to Florida, Oklahama, where he faced death penalty.

---Flemmi looking at 2001 plea agreement in 1995 racketeering case before Judge Wolf; he had to forfeit Back Bay condo, had a laundromat there

---Flemmi forfeited Back Bay parking spot and bank accounts; some profits went to families of two victims, Hussey & Davis, some to government

---Flemmi said he was a real estate broker. But then said source of funds was from criminal activity.

---Flemmi's former girlfriend, Marion Hussey (whose daughter he killed) was able to keep the Weymouth condo the feds initially moved to seize.

Re: boston [Re: dixiemafia] #727881
07/19/13 12:59 PM
07/19/13 12:59 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
---Stevie began life of crime in early 1960s.
"Bookmaking and loansharking, latter part of the 50s."
Operated in Roxbury.

---Aligned himself with the Bennett brothers, Walter and Wimpy, loansharks.
"I had a bar...Wimpy was in prison. His girlfriend came in"

---"When he come out, she introduced me to him."
Frank Salemme "came on the scene later on."
"Wimpy had him on the payroll."

---In 60s, Flemmi was with loansharks, Ed "Wimpy" Bennett and his brother Walter (Flemmi later admitted killing both,and 3rd brother Billy)

---"What was your relationship with Frank Salemme?"
"Well I met him...and eventually I got involved with him in criminal activity"

---"Who was Joe Barboza?"..."A notorious criminal in Boston."....had his own gang, East Boston.

---Met George Kaufman and John and Jimmy Martorano. Knew Jerry Angiulo.
"He was the underboss of the Mafia, to Raymond Patriarca."

---Flemmi's brother Vincent "Jimmy the Bear," vicious killer, died in prison; Jerry Angiulo, Mafia underboss; Larry Baione, consigliere

---He knew Larry Baione, capo for Angiulo's crew.
In Charlestown, the McLaughlin brothers ran the show.
Punchy, Georgie. Edward "Punchy" McLauglin and brothers part of Charlestown crew at war with Somerville's McLean group, left some 60 dead in 60s

---In Somerville, Buddy McLean and Howie Winter ran the Winter Hill crew.
Barboza had Nick Femia, Chico DeMico, Tash Bratsos, etc

---Knew Paul Rico, FBI agent and friend of Wimpy Bennett from the Brinks Robbery.
Wimpy got some of the money.
Was Rico's rat.

---Flemmi identifying photo of agents Rico and Condon - wearing straw hats - escorting Mafioso Henry Tameleo to jail in 60s

---Flemmi: There was a gang war between Somerville people and Charlestown war, yeah that means they were killing each other, he says

---Gang war between Somerville and Charlestown.
Initially Stevie was with Wimpy, aligned with Charlestown.
But then went to Somerville

---Flemmi: agent Rico was friends with Somerville people so convicted Bennent to switch sides from Charlestown to Somerville crew in war

---Flemmi saying he was providing info to Rico in a "quid pro quo" arrangement. "He was giving me information about the Mafia." Rico was the one who pushed them to go with Somerville people

Re: boston [Re: dixiemafia] #727889
07/19/13 01:26 PM
07/19/13 01:26 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
---"I had a problem with the Mafia at the time," says Flemmi, who hit on a bet and was upset mob-protected bookie wouldn't pay him

---Stevie initially got info from Paul Rico.
Met Rico with Larry Baione.
"I thought I was going to get paid, $3,000 hit."

---Flemmi says bookie got arrested before placed Flemmi's bet so refused to pay him $3000 winnings; Flemmi hit Larry Baione, Mafia guy

---Stevie was so pissed he started fighting.
"I whacked Larry Baione."
A no no?
"They'll kill you eventually."

---Flemmi fistfight with guys; several days later two Mafia guys pull up at club, was shooting.

---"Several days later, Joe Russo and other Mafia guys pulled up in front of the club. Richie shot Joe."

---Stevie went to Joe Russo in the hospital and said his friend screwed up.
"It got resolved."
And Stevie got paid the number hit.

---He had to repair relations, though. "At the time I didn't care," Flemmi says

---Wimpy switched allegiances.
"Wimpy was friendly with detective, Bill Stuart, who was friendly with Paul Rico."

---Met with Buddy McLean and Howie Winter. Wimpy with Stevie.
"They convinced us we should be aligned with the Somerville people."

---Stevie went to bro Jimmy the Bear in prison.
Barboza was against Mafia.
"He told me to tell my brother to mind his own business."

---Rico asked Flemmi to go tell his brother to mind his business, a favor. He did it. Rico helped out, too, with Flemmis prob with IRS

---Stevie fixed FBI car from an accident.
Gave Rico a gun.
"He wanted to kill Georgie McLaughlin."
"I provided a throwaway gun."

---Rico gave Stevie info so they could kill Punchy McLaughlin.
Couldn't find him until Rico told them the bus he was on.

---Why Rico do this?
"He was friendly with the Bennetts. He didn't like the McLaughlins. Punchy threatened to kill Condon's brother."

---Punchy was going to Georgie's murder trial
Rico told Stevie and Salemme where
"Right on time...stepped out and shot him. Six times."

---1964, Wimpy whacked Frank Benjamin in Stevie's joint, so Stevie lit the place on fire to cover it up.
Punchy was still with them, helped. "I lit a fire in the back room and burnt the blood." There was too much blood to get rid of."

---George Ash.
Jimmy the Bear killed him.
"I helped move the body."

---Murder Stephen Muese and Sammy Landenbaum?
"I just took all the shells out of the car."
Howie Winter whacked them. Flemmi says Howie Winter killed two Charlestown guys and Flemmi and Frank Salemme "cleaned the car up"

---In 1967, did you kill Wiimpy??
Yeah. "Frankie Salemme insisted on that. His relationship with the Mafia. They didn't like Wimpy."

---The Mafia was staying out of this mostly. "They wanted (the gangs) to decimate each other."

---"I shot him."
Where?
"In the head, chuckles"
Location?
"Oh, a garage in Roxbury...Frankie, myself and George Kaufman...we disposed of him."

---Joe McDonald, Jimmy Sims, Winter Hill people, helped bury body. "They didn't like him anyway." Flemmi says they buried Bennett's body in grounds of gun club in Hopkington. (investigators dug there for days yrs ago never found remains)

---Stevie buried Wimpy wth Joe Mac and Jimmy Sims.
"They didn't like Wimpy."
Who killed Walter Bennett?
"Frankie Salemme."

---William Bennett killed, too. Bulger. "He was telling people that I was responsible and was putting a crew together in Roxbury." Billy was shot and dumped in snowbank.

---Having killed the Bennett brothers, Stevie and Frankie took over their loansharking business.
Killed Richie Grasso, too.

---Him and Salemme, "Did you take over their loansharking business?" "yes."

---Stevie and Frankie tried to kill John Fitzgerald, Joe Barboza's attorney.
Larry Baione wanted it done.
Stevie didn't want to do it.

---Stevie told FBI agent Rico, thinking it would save lawyer.
But Rico instead liked the idea.
Frankie and Larry Baione did it.

---Flemmi says Salemme and Larry Zannino planted bomb under Fitzgerald's car; it exploded when he turned ignition, tore his leg off, survived. Flemmi says he wasn't with them when they planted bomb, but was there when they practiced on another car

---Killed Tommy Timmins.
"Kinda long story. He was a bank robber, safecracker, house invader."

---Tommy made mistake of hitting house of Abe Sarkis, bookie with Larry Baione's crew.
"It was a home invasion..."

---"He was murdered, in Frankie Salemme's home."

---"They threatened his wife...Larry found out...Timmins was murdered, in Frankie's home. Steve the Greek and Red Assad beat him up."

---"We just tied him up, put him in the car, and brought him to the location where they were going to bury him." "Red Assad killed him. We brought Tommy to Frankie's home in Sharon. They met him at the house. Frankie and Larry dug a hole,"

---Flemmi says tried to find location of grave for feds, couldn't, landscape had changed

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #727891
07/19/13 01:35 PM
07/19/13 01:35 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
you mus be watching the trial from twitter and fuckin howie carr play by play comments .... fuckin howie carr is not missing a word from any witnesses

Re: boston [Re: dixiemafia] #727902
07/19/13 02:24 PM
07/19/13 02:24 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
---"How many gangland slaying occurred" in 60s?. .."About 60."....only about 6, 7 related to war though. Rest for different reasons, war an excuse

---"Spike O'Toole and Stevie and Connie Hughes killed Buddy." When Buddy killed Howie took over.
Paul Rico tipped Stevie off before he could be pinched for car bombing of the lawyer.

---Rico warned him, should flee, about to be charged with Salemme. He did, first to California.

---"We ended up in California."
Also charged with killing Bennett.
Bobby Daddeco was primary witness re Bennett murder.

---Bulger was in prison -- Atlanta, Alcatraz, Lewisburg, Leavenworth -- serving time for bank robbery during much of gang wars, got out in 65

---Eventually Stevie and Frankie and Peter Poulos and Phil Waggenheim and flew to West Coast.
"Frankie insisted on" killing Poulos. So Stevie murdered Poulos, because Larry Baione thought he wouldn't stand up on murder. Stevie and Frankie had falling out in 1970.

---Stevie went to Florida for a month.
Then ended up in Montreal.
"Got to Canada around 1971."
"Went to work...four color offset press"

---Somerville crew, Howie Winter, John Martorano, Brian Halloran, went to visit him in Montreal. Brought some money to him.

---Fugitive Salemme was arrested in NYC, Flemmi says (agent John Connolly made that arrest. Salemme's brother Jackie took control of loansharking aspects. Frank, who he had split with, got arrested in NYC. 15 yrs prison

---Martorano and Winter telling him that they spoke with a key witness in his case. Was no longer going to testify.

---Stevie would call Rico at FBI office in Miami.
"He said, come back. He said the coast was clear."
Came back May of 1974.

---Flemmi returned to the old crew in Somerville. "Howie Winter was in charge."

---Prosecutors showing chart of organization of leadership in '75. Had Jimmy Sims, Joe MacDonald, Martorano, Howie Winter, Bulger, Flemmi

---"Howie Winter was the leader of that group."
Leaders?
"Jim Bulger, myself, John Martorano, Howie Winter, Joe MacDonald, Jimmy Sims."

---"So you immediately became one of the leaders of this group?" "Yes sir." Organization chart of Winter Hill Gang they led.
Bulger's crew in Southie included Jack Curran, Kevin O'Neill, Jimmy Mantville, etc.

---Bigger chart; #Bulger underlings: Curran, Ford, O'Connor; "they're all part of Jim Bugler's crew," Flemmi says. South Boston people

---New chart: Flemmi's Roxbury people: Phil Costa, he was my driver; Bobby McCarthy; Steve Puleo, John Baharoian (bookie)

---"Charlie Raso was one of our bookmakers. Tommy O'Brien, Dickie O'Brien, our agents. Joey Y, loanshark.
John Callahan was a friend...

---"Tony Ciulla was involved in race fix case. Brian Halloran was part of the Winter Hill crew. John Hurley was from Charlestown..."

---Sonny Mercurio was with Mafia, but when he in prison Johnny Martorano and Howie Winter helped him out financially, so he liked them.

---"What kind of criminal activities was this group involved in?"
"Gambling, bookmaking loansharking. Extortion."
Murders?
"Definitely murders."

---O'Toole was murdered while Stevie on lam.
"O'Toole a remnant of Charlestown crew. He shot my brother.
Came round with olive branch"

---"He wanted a pass. He wanted to be forgiven."
What did you say to Howie.
"I said kill him."
Gave submachine gun to Johnny M.

---Flemmi made arrangements to get John Martorano a machine gun, and he killed O'Toole, who was ducking behind mailbox in Savin Hill

---Bobby Labella, Stevie's friend, got gun to Johnny M.
James Sousa?
When you came back from Canada, did you kill him?
"I was present." "They were concerned about" Sousa.
He got pinched. Wouldn't stand up.
"We all agreed they wanted to kill him."

---"We all decided, because we were a group, we all decided that if anything were to be accomplished we had to agree to it. the 6 of us" Jim Bulger, Howie Winter, Johnny M, myself, Joe Mac, Jimmy Sims.
"We went out in the garage, Marshall Street,"

---So Sousa comes to the garage on Winter Hill.
"We went into the office. Johnny inthe office with Barnoski. Johnny shot him." Sousa shot in head, bleeding badly, so Stevie put a can under his head to catch the blood.

---"Took him out put him in a car, brought him to a location in Boxford. Joe and Jimmy dug a hole out there." "We dropped the body off and Howie drove me back to Medford. Then picked up Joe and Jimmy."

---Couldn't find the grave after he began cooperating.
Talked to Whitey about it
"I told him what transpired. He wasn't there that day"

---In 1969, Stevie met Whitey briefly
But when back from lam in 1974, met Whitey
"He didn't drink, didn't smoke, worked out regularly"

---About John Connolly? Bulger went to them as a group, saying Connolly approached him, wanted to meet.

---"He asked if we'd sanction it. We were always looking for sources. So we all agreed, go meet him."

---"It's always good to have connection and know what's going on. You couldn't survive."
Mafia have any?
"They had local police."

---"He said John Connolly...said the Mafia has their sources and we can help you. If they want to play checkers, we can play chess." Flemmi

---Flemmi said it was fruitful right away. He got tipped off to a loansharking investigation about him.

---Did you get information from Connolly.
"He provided information onloanshark case, in Quincy, not to go there because it was wired." "How'd you find out about him."..."#Bulger told me....he told me the place was being wired for video and sound."

---What did Whitey tell you about Paul McGonagle.
"He said he wanted to kill him...remnant from the old Mullens gang."
Asked me to help

---"He said he killed him. He didn't need me. He lured him into car, said it was counterfeit money."
"They buried him, Tenean Beach"

---"He said he shot" Donald McGonagle.
"He thought it was Paulie McGonagle."
Did he kill Donald McGonagle?
"Yes."

---Eddie Connors?
Ran Bulldogs in Savin Hill.
Friend of mine, Howie Winter.
Decided to murder him.
"He was involved in O'Toole killing"

---"Connors was a witness. Telling people he helped set it up."
Bother you.
"He's telling people our business."
Whitey decide with you.

---Flemmi said Eddie Connors was telling people he set up killing of O'Toole by Winter Hill gang, so killed him

---Connors went to phone booth to take call from Howie Winter, Flemmi and #Bulger shot him; Flemmi with carbine Bulger two barrel shotgun

---Whitey emptied both barrels, then pulled out a pistol and kept firing at Connors.
Stevie fired about six shots.

---"We just immediately left. Got in the car. Drove to Somerville."
Who drove?
"I think the three of us went back."
Disposed of guns.

---Flemmi said John Martorano drove them back to Somerville after he and #bulger ambushed Connors in Dorchester phone booth. Got rid of guns.
"Joe MacDonald would throw it in the ocean."

Re: boston [Re: Joerusso] #727903
07/19/13 02:25 PM
07/19/13 02:25 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: Joerusso
you mus be watching the trial from twitter and fuckin howie carr play by play comments .... fuckin howie carr is not missing a word from any witnesses

Yea following by twitter. Do you all want me to post the rest or stop? Just helping my fellow people out! Let me know if you want the rest.

Re: boston [Re: Little_Frankie] #727906
07/19/13 02:36 PM
07/19/13 02:36 PM
New Hampshire
caprese Offline
Button
caprese  Offline
Button
New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: Little_Frankie
To put it in simple terms, Salemme was a Ray JR guy. It was JR Russo and Ferrara (leaders of the renegades) who forced Ray JR out so Paul figured if you eliminate the renegades, Ray JR would step back in when he was released. By this time, the blame for the bugging was coming off Ray JR and they were learning it was Mercurio the rat so Ray had a lot of supporters and allies coming back to his side. Some of that support was just people longing for the old days of Ray SR and wanting to end the turbulence.

Personally, I think Ray JR was done with the life. He was probably relieved to get out alive. He went on to be 10x more successful in the legit world than he ever was in the underworld. He was not like his father and I mean that in a good way.

So this is basically telling me that Paul D. was in fact not really a renegade but rather a Ray Jr supporter...perhaps playing both side but really hoping that when Ray got out he'd get legitimized. Good simple explanation. Thanks man.

Re: boston [Re: Joerusso] #727912
07/19/13 02:55 PM
07/19/13 02:55 PM
New Hampshire
caprese Offline
Button
caprese  Offline
Button
New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: Joerusso
I dont understand what your asking here caprese. I know this ray jr stepped down after grasso was clipped, I also know that salemme was backing ray jr and popped same day grasso was wacked, I know salemme had his cohorts ready for war after the renegade was indicted, thats when salemme was making his moves on bookies and clipping people so on and forth because obviously the heads of the faction was locked up so it was like unspoken take over and thats when the underlings romano,ciampi,gigi etc from eastie got permission from carrozza to start it back up and take over the bookies and everything salemme got control based on him backing of ray jr anf taking control of the family without the real power saying its ok. With that being said it was more like salemme wasnt respected and took control of whats left from various of indictments of some real powerhouses. And the people that was left wasnt ready for war, the law just came in hard so why get exposed rather stay low and make some bread. Thats why it was bunch of young punks trying to make a name, Yea they was young but had some big balls and idk if it was because they was high on junk or to fuckin smacked to realize how to do anything but it sure wasnt taking over bookies or sports operations or gambling homes and protecting legal business or extortion or even white collar crime as real estate, constructioin nothing but drugs and shooting people that was salemme loyalist and salemme was a ray jr loyalist and salemme took control of whats left and thats what the whole war started over, was to take over and make it back how ray sr had for thirty semi years but it didnt happen for the late great ruzzo, bianco, and ferrara and carrozza because of legal issues. and beleive me if it wasnt for that everyone knows but anyone who knows somebody or something knows salemme and his whole support system didnt have a chance. the faction was too strong and had alot of killers and backing from biago, spucky, carmen tortora gambale, isabella, the providence guys pretty matt, manoccchio with his alliance to bianco and veto deluca and his slient partnership with biago going back to the old country, white and the lists goes on. the only real backing salemme had was sonny rizzo and cue ball and they wasnt going to make a move becuase they would get hit in a minute so that backing was shaky to say the least. so idk where thand there backing wast as strong. Rossetti's, prochilio jr, luisi was young punks as well, very capable, but a nobody, floramo with bobby deluca and salemme brother was the only figures on that side so it was as lopsided as it gets IF it wasnt for the legal issues becuase damn near everyone got canned, EVERYONE. IDK where the luchesse come from because it was russo who went to gotti and got the permission so if anything it was gambino's who supported the faction because if luchesse supported ray jr where was the support? Where was the extra men to win the war or even verbal backing so he wouldnt step down in the first place? And as for paul he wasnt even a turd during this, if it wasnt for the junk and the business with gigi and what not over junk and paulie switchig cocks just for his name to known and get connected we would be like, who is paul decolgero!!!

Thanks for the reply joerusso. All i know is that Paul was having some New York guys coming out to the gym. I don't know if they were there to make plans or to drain his pockets but the word was they were NY lcn. I say Lucchesse because of Silvermans book. This could be complete bs though from Marks part...but it does jive with my own experience and the rumblings that were going on at Paulie Boys back in 95. Bags upon bags of were coming into the place... It actually confuses me hearing that they were stolen from gigi cuz I thought Paul was a renegade along with gigi. But Paul always spoke about Ray getting out and things were going to be set straight...Maybe it was all just wishful thinking on Pauls part. Maybe he got his in through the renegades and was just building cash in hopes of buying his button and making cash the only way he knew how... But I know Pauls heart was not in the drugs....He wanted to build his gym and he wanted to build his protein muffin company (i've tried them they were good)...

It's actually too bad that the North End guys were snobby with him. No disrespect to you as I respect you and the NE very much.... But if they gave Paul a chance, so he wasn't forced to sell coke . coke was his drug of choice to sell, the smack thing is a myth. In fact when he bought smack it was for purposes of Od'ing people to dispose of them easily, he'd get it from street dealers in Lawrence....

Anyways getting off point here. But ya, if the NE guys gave him a chance to do traditional LCN money making things along with his gym and muffin business he'd of stopped selling that shit. They would've had a serious old school, omerta to the death, serious man of honor right there. He could have been some serious muscle and a huge earner...Not like the rats that are 90% of the family. ... And his only hope was to shower Ray jr. with loyalty , money and guns...He had serious old school lcn written all over him. That's all a can say about Paul.. I know how you feel and respect that though.

Last edited by caprese; 07/19/13 11:47 PM.
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #727981
07/19/13 07:27 PM
07/19/13 07:27 PM
In a wide open city
Tony_Pro Offline
Capo
Tony_Pro  Offline
Capo
In a wide open city
Thanks for the info about Strippo Bennie and all, sounds like the guy had people waiting in line to off him.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi
Re: boston [Re: dixiemafia] #728064
07/20/13 09:41 AM
07/20/13 09:41 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
I agree with caprese, if Paul was given a chance by the North End guys he would've brought millions of dollars into the coffers of the boston mob and so fuckin what he sold coke. most if not all top guys profit from drug sales that's a known fact. he was a huge trafficker, loanshark/bookie, owned a restraunt( Deco's), gym, and now he's doing life for a murder that he kept his mouth shut about among everything else he was charged with. His resume fits the bill for what the mob is all about, and in the end like I said, not a fucking peep outta this "wannabe".

DIXIEMAFIA - I definitely would like to see the transcripts. If nobody else does you could PM them to me, but otherwise right here on the thread is cool. Thanks

Last edited by southend; 07/20/13 09:44 AM. Reason: kept fuckin up
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #728075
07/20/13 11:59 AM
07/20/13 11:59 AM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
Southend, just Google Howie Carr Twitter and you can read them there

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: boston [Re: azguy] #728080
07/20/13 12:21 PM
07/20/13 12:21 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Here you go southend, here is the link I get them from. It's from the Boston Globe who have 3 there live tweeting. You can go back in the pages from the start of the trial I do believe. I generally read them each day that there is an interesting witness (especially read up after Kevin Weeks testified and of course Martorano and Flemmi)

http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_blog_Whitey_Bulger_trial

PS-I love Boston, was up there during Hurricane Sandy (as well as Long Island) and the snowstorm in February helping get the lights back on. I love the North even though I had never been up that way before. My Grandmother was actually from Camden NJ but never knew her or been up there either (don't really plan to visit Camden these days....lol)

Last edited by dixiemafia; 07/20/13 12:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some info
Re: boston [Re: southend] #728418
07/21/13 06:38 PM
07/21/13 06:38 PM
New Hampshire
caprese Offline
Button
caprese  Offline
Button
New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: southend
I agree with caprese, if Paul was given a chance by the North End guys he would've brought millions of dollars into the coffers of the boston mob and so fuckin what he sold coke. most if not all top guys profit from drug sales that's a known fact. he was a huge trafficker, loanshark/bookie, owned a restraunt( Deco's), gym, and now he's doing life for a murder that he kept his mouth shut about among everything else he was charged with. His resume fits the bill for what the mob is all about, and in the end like I said, not a fucking peep outta this "wannabe".

DIXIEMAFIA - I definitely would like to see the transcripts. If nobody else does you could PM them to me, but otherwise right here on the thread is cool. Thanks

Yup. Paul was more real than the real guys at that time. He was extremely old school. He even had the attention of the made guys and was feared by them. You can say what you will about the DC crew but they were tough and rough and weren't afraid to kick in a feared and respected drug dealers door, beat the piss out of him and all his friends and tie em all up and jack all their shit. Kind of cowboy and not the best approach but they were scary and had balls of steel. Quite, unheard of from a "wannabe"... I personally think their was something more to him than most say. I firmly believe that if all worked out, there would have been a push to get him made as soon as the jailed bosses got out. But the sweeping indictments crippled the lcn and left the power to turds like the rosetti, deluca, the cheeseman etc.

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #728541
07/22/13 08:14 AM
07/22/13 08:14 AM
A
artichoke Offline
Button
artichoke  Offline
A
Button

Agreed

Last edited by artichoke; 07/22/13 08:15 AM.
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #728584
07/22/13 12:40 PM
07/22/13 12:40 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Just started reading today and it's already getting interesting, Flemmi called Debra Davis brother a drug addicted informant, then her brother gets up and says "you're a f*cking liar". Flemmi then apologized and said he had the wrong Davis brother. smh

Re: boston [Re: caprese] #728592
07/22/13 01:14 PM
07/22/13 01:14 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: caprese

Yup. Paul was more real than the real guys at that time. He was extremely old school. He even had the attention of the made guys and was feared by them. You can say what you will about the DC crew but they were tough and rough and weren't afraid to kick in a feared and respected drug dealers door, beat the piss out of him and all his friends and tie em all up and jack all their shit. Kind of cowboy and not the best approach but they were scary and had balls of steel. Quite, unheard of from a "wannabe"... I personally think their was something more to him than most say. I firmly believe that if all worked out, there would have been a push to get him made as soon as the jailed bosses got out. But the sweeping indictments crippled the lcn and left the power to turds like the rosetti, deluca, the cheeseman etc.

I dont know much about boston lcn, but robbing drug dealers can bring alot of heat and retaliation, if your a middle aged mob boss of a small family would you really want to keep a guy like that around especially if he's apart of your group, and the people he robs are gonna see it that way too ,eventually someones bound to fire back and they might just decide if they cant get him they can just go for anyone in the family. Considering the fact that you know he robbed a drug dealer im assuming he wanted people to know it was him and as a pretty large scale drug dealer he could bring alot of beefs with him into a family that at the time was weakened and getting over a war(if my timeline correct).

Page 42 of 50 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 49 50

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull