GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (BarrettM, RushStreet), 317 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,989
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,134
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Scarface wankers! #46707
04/15/05 03:29 PM
04/15/05 03:29 PM
Palermo, Sicily
Sonny DiCosca Offline OP
Made Member
Sonny DiCosca  Offline OP
Made Member
Palermo, Sicily
Why are all these gavone rappers acting like Tony Montana? Im just wonderin'... it kinda makes me mad a little if you know what I mean. So if anyone knows that would be appreciated if you told me.

(I'm not bein' racist so don't flame me for shit)

I may have a bad reputation but I don't have a bad gun.
Re: Scarface wankers! #46708
04/15/05 03:32 PM
04/15/05 03:32 PM
Providence, RI
M
Moscarelli Offline
Capo
Moscarelli  Offline
M
Capo
Providence, RI
This is being discussed here .

But, I do agree, I am getting sick of the hip hop community pretty much worshipping the film. In all honesty, I am not sure why, but it agrivates me...

"The toe you stepped on yesterday may be attached to the ass you have to kiss today."
-Former Mayor of Providence, RI, Vincent "Buddy" Cianci
Re: Scarface wankers! #46709
04/15/05 04:42 PM
04/15/05 04:42 PM
New Jersey
don vencent Offline
Underboss
don vencent  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
what did they do to you confused anyway scarface
was loved frist by the urban people that's
how the movie made money rolleyes

Re: Scarface wankers! #46710
04/15/05 06:09 PM
04/15/05 06:09 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

I hate them all.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Scarface wankers! #46711
04/16/05 04:48 AM
04/16/05 04:48 AM
London
Tony Kyprianou Offline
Made Member
Tony Kyprianou  Offline
Made Member
London
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
I hate them all.
I second that mad

There's a raging fire in my heart tonight, burning higher and higher in my soul...
Re: Scarface wankers! #46712
04/16/05 08:56 AM
04/16/05 08:56 AM
Providence, RI
M
Moscarelli Offline
Capo
Moscarelli  Offline
M
Capo
Providence, RI
Seems like we all gots a bunch of dem haters up in here!

I, for one, agree with you all whole heartedly.

"The toe you stepped on yesterday may be attached to the ass you have to kiss today."
Re: Scarface wankers! #46713
04/16/05 09:26 AM
04/16/05 09:26 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Well, when you break down the moral of the story, Scarface is about a man who came from nothing, and did what he had to do to make his life what he wanted it to be. Basically, a "rags to riches" story. These rappers can associate there own lives with this, I suppose. It's irritating, to be sure, but its just the way it is.

BTW--Has anyone seen that "Birdman Lugz" commercial, where the "Numba 1 Stunna" completely bastardizes Scarface? Some cheap attempt at being "cool", when it was actually just stupid. mad

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Scarface wankers! #46714
04/16/05 11:32 AM
04/16/05 11:32 AM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Originally posted by don vencent:
what they do to you confused anyway scarface
was loved frist by the urban people that's
how the movie made money rolleyes
No, it was loved by the general public, smarts... If the "gang banging" population were the only ones to have seen it/loved it, it wouldn't have made money. The whole gang thing was still starting up then...

Seriously though, the rap scene is one of the many things that makes me lose respect for the film. It also contributes to its over-ratedness, in my book.

Rap just sucks ass, big time...

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Scarface wankers! #46715
04/16/05 11:35 AM
04/16/05 11:35 AM
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Well, when you break down the moral of the story, Scarface is about a man who came from nothing, and did what he had to do to make his life what he wanted it to be. Basically, a "rags to riches" story. These rappers can associate there own lives with this, I suppose.
That's bullshit. They SAY that they can relate to it, but they just think they're a bunch of badass gangsters.

Cinderella was a "rags to riches" story... I don't see many rappers flaunting that at the camera whenever a new episode of MTV Cribs airs. It's the badass factor attached to the film... Take away the guns, and the drugs, and the gangsters... You just have a legitimate businessman, working his way up to wealth; that just doesn't cut it with these rap-f*cks.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Scarface wankers! #46716
04/16/05 01:33 PM
04/16/05 01:33 PM
New Jersey
don vencent Offline
Underboss
don vencent  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally posted by Tony Kyprianou:
Rappers are brainless, talentless morons, who talk nothing but sh*t I hate them ALL with a passion, they take gangster films as their own, but they dont have the intelligence to realise that in ,Goodfellas, The Godfather Trilogy etc the gangsters mock, blacks! lol rolleyes
why is that funny ?
rolleyes

Re: Scarface wankers! #46717
04/16/05 01:43 PM
04/16/05 01:43 PM
London
Tony Kyprianou Offline
Made Member
Tony Kyprianou  Offline
Made Member
London
Originally posted by don vencent:
Originally posted by Tony Kyprianou:
[b] Rappers are brainless, talentless morons, who talk nothing but sh*t I hate them ALL with a passion, they take gangster films as their own, but they dont have the intelligence to realise that in ,Goodfellas, The Godfather Trilogy etc the gangsters mock, blacks! lol rolleyes
why is that funny ? ass that how you got kick out
last time rolleyes [/b]
You have lost me rolleyes

There's a raging fire in my heart tonight, burning higher and higher in my soul...
Re: Scarface wankers! #46718
04/16/05 02:00 PM
04/16/05 02:00 PM
New Jersey
don vencent Offline
Underboss
don vencent  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
forget I said that. but why do you think mocking
blacks in movies is funny to you

Re: Scarface wankers! #46719
04/16/05 02:22 PM
04/16/05 02:22 PM
New Jersey
don vencent Offline
Underboss
don vencent  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
when you guys say you hate rapper you really
mean blacks what blacks can not enjoy scarface
the Godfather or goodfellas I do not think
when there were making these movies it was not
just for one set of people

if blacks oh I mean rapper rolleyes like
scarface so what.

Re: Scarface wankers! #46720
04/16/05 02:40 PM
04/16/05 02:40 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
don vencent - You're a gentleman and I respect your opinions but I think you're off-base here.

I can't (and won't try to) speak for others here, but I don't like rap. Maybe I'm too old, but I don't understand it and its (mostly) just a lot of noise to me. The idea of color doesn't come into my decision at all - I don't care if the singer is black, white, yellow, brown or polka dotted .... I just don't like it.

Re: Scarface wankers! #46721
04/16/05 02:48 PM
04/16/05 02:48 PM
London
Tony Kyprianou Offline
Made Member
Tony Kyprianou  Offline
Made Member
London
Its Done wink
Glad you hate rap too

TK

Re: Scarface wankers! #46722
04/16/05 06:46 PM
04/16/05 06:46 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I dislike Rap music mostly for it's content! The words used and the messages sent in most of the songs are just not appealing at all. White, Black, Brown, Red or Yellow has absolutely NOTHING to do with my dislike for that rap stuff.

What's with the mocking of Black people in the posts here? confused Makes absolutely no sense to me at all to mock someone because of their race or religion. I am not talking about movies here, I am talking about REAL LIFE! The posts here are bordering racism. I really don't have patience for racism of any kind, especially on these boards. It just shows ignorance! Where does ANYONE get off mocking or making fun of anyone's race??? To me that just translates into hate for other "Human Beings Simply ignorant and imature!

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Scarface wankers! #46723
04/16/05 07:03 PM
04/16/05 07:03 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

I was gonna reply to Vencent but I couldn't figure out what he was saying.

As for the "moral story," PLEASE stop this excuse. ANYBODY can relate to a rags to riches story. Not just rappers. People act like it's some kind of special relationship rappers have. I find it hilarious all these rappers are using that as their excuse, however, I have yet to see someone who actually went from rags to riches by working in non-celebrity job to "relate" to it. That's probably because I wouldn't relate myself to a gangster movie if I succeeded in life. The only reason rappers relate to this movie because it's about a minority (yes, I said it) who uses violence to succeed. If Tony Montana worked in a car dealership and went from rags to riches they wouldn't give a shit. And at the degree it is now, liking the movie has become trendy, and many will like it just because their favorite rapper, or jock at the high school does.

And people give Scarface WAY too much credit. It has very little depth. It's a gangster movie about someone who guns their way up to the top. Nothing more.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Scarface wankers! #46724
04/16/05 07:15 PM
04/16/05 07:15 PM
Providence, RI
M
Moscarelli Offline
Capo
Moscarelli  Offline
M
Capo
Providence, RI
I was gonna reply to Vencent but I couldn't figure out what he was saying.

As for the "moral story," PLEASE stop this excuse. ANYBODY can relate to a rags to riches story. Not just rappers. People act like it's some kind of special relationship rappers have. I find it hilarious all these rappers are using that as their excuse, however, I have yet to see someone who actually went from rags to riches by working in non-celebrity job to "relate" to it. That's probably because I wouldn't relate myself to a gangster movie if I succeeded in life. The only reason rappers relate to this movie because it's about a minority (yes, I said it) who uses violence to succeed. If Tony Montana worked in a car dealership and went from rags to riches they wouldn't give a shit. And at the degree it is now, liking the movie has become trendy, and many will like it just because their favorite rapper, or jock at the high school does.

And people give Scarface WAY too much credit. It has very little depth. It's a gangster movie about someone who guns their way up to the top. Nothing more.
I agree 100%. It's a fairly good movie, but lately, I have been ashamed to say I like it due to all of the "gangstah" (in which also makes me cringe everytime I here the word) plublicity.

Re: Scarface wankers! #46725
04/16/05 07:31 PM
04/16/05 07:31 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Well said Vercetti! Your points are all valid! And in my book, you said NOTHING wrong, but stated a fact when you said that it is about a minority....etc. Fact is fact. Unlike some others here, you made a valid statement backed up by fact. Some of the others just spew out unreasonable racist remarks with absolutely NO fact or basis to back up their remarks. And yes, as much as I love Scarface, bottom line, you're right, it lacks depth and is just a movie about someone who shoots his way to the top. But of course we all love it because of his balls and how gets to the top!

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Scarface wankers! #46726
04/16/05 09:47 PM
04/16/05 09:47 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California

As for the "moral story," PLEASE stop this excuse. ANYBODY can relate to a rags to riches story. Not just rappers.
Ok, all I was doing was stating an opinion shared amongst the hip-hop community, not my own. Someone wanted to know why rappers relate to it, so I stated why. Whether it makes sense to us or not, that is why they flaunt the damn movie so much. Do I like it? No, but its not my place to say they can't "relate" to it. I share many of the opinions mentioned above (save the ignorant racial slurs). It may not make sense that they "relate" to it because of the "rags to riches" backdrop, but then again, nothing rappers do really makes sense.

don vencent...
Yes, some of the comments above were bordering on racism, but that shouldn't suggest that if one hates the fact that rappers flaunt Scarface, that means their racist. There's no logic to that thinking. I live in a place where racism is still verrrrry prevailent (sp?), and it comes from both sides. Most people raised around here are brought up to be racist, but I learned at a young age to not judge people based on color. I'm not judging these rappers based on their race or ethnicity. I'm judging based on their character, which, I'm sorry to say, is not very appealing.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Scarface wankers! #46727
04/17/05 12:50 AM
04/17/05 12:50 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

I understand you. They most likely relate to it because they are violent people. (not racially, many rappers)

Re: Scarface wankers! #46728
04/17/05 02:04 AM
04/17/05 02:04 AM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
don cardi...i have been reading this whole post and not once did i see and racism in here..i think you might be reading between the lines a little to much.

but i have to agree that i think that it's all about the movie being badass. the rappers rather identify themselves with gangsters then anything else.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Scarface wankers! #46729
04/17/05 03:57 AM
04/17/05 03:57 AM
London
Tony Kyprianou Offline
Made Member
Tony Kyprianou  Offline
Made Member
London
Hating Rap and being racist are two different things

Re: Scarface wankers! #46730
04/17/05 07:19 AM
04/17/05 07:19 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
don cardi...i have been reading this whole post and not once did i see and racism in here..i think you might be reading between the lines a little to much.

Mr. Soprano -

The reason that you did NOT see any racism in here is because the posts that made racial remarks have been deleted. Believe me, I don't look to start any flames or pretend to read something that is not really there. The racist remarks and references were made here and then the posts were deleted.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: Scarface wankers! #46731
04/17/05 09:46 PM
04/17/05 09:46 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Thank you Don Cardi for taking out the racist remarks. There is no place on these boards for idiots who want to be racist.

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Scarface wankers! #46732
04/18/05 04:38 AM
04/18/05 04:38 AM
London
Tony Kyprianou Offline
Made Member
Tony Kyprianou  Offline
Made Member
London
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
Thank you Don Cardi for taking out the racist remarks. There is no place on these boards for idiots who want to be racist.
Agreed, Racism is pointless, rap music is even more pointless, I know black people who can't stand rap

Re: Scarface wankers! #46733
04/18/05 11:44 AM
04/18/05 11:44 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Kypriano,

ENOUGH! It Ends Now! mad

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: Scarface wankers! #46734
04/18/05 12:44 PM
04/18/05 12:44 PM
London
Tony Kyprianou Offline
Made Member
Tony Kyprianou  Offline
Made Member
London
What? if it had not escaped your notice, threads are for discussions, what 'ends' now?

confused

Re: Scarface wankers! #46735
04/18/05 02:07 PM
04/18/05 02:07 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Kyprianou-

PM SENT!

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: Scarface wankers! #46736
04/18/05 03:11 PM
04/18/05 03:11 PM
Palermo, Sicily
Sonny DiCosca Offline OP
Made Member
Sonny DiCosca  Offline OP
Made Member
Palermo, Sicily
I know, especially I saw a magazine cover that showed 50 cent looking like Al Pacino on the Scarface cover.

BTW, I saw that birdman dude trying to be cool like Tony Montana. I was like: "Garrrrrr....." and then I threw my chair at the TV.... lol im kidding, I crack myself up. cool

I may have a bad reputation but I don't have a bad gun.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull