GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 54 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,683
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
People around the top guys... #679165
11/26/12 08:27 AM
11/26/12 08:27 AM
johnnyboysala Offline OP
Made Member
johnnyboysala  Offline OP
Made Member
Two questions here really.

Firstly, do top 3 guys ever run private crews? Like an underboss or consigliere (permanent, not acting) that has guys reporting directly to them? Seems to make sense for their personal earnings, but would it throw the whole structure out of whack?

Secondly, are the guys that surround top dogs day-to-day all made? I've often wondered about drivers, bodyguards etc. Its a menial job that takes them away from earning on the street, so seems wasteful to use made guys, but equally its a privilege to get that close. A bit like how top Dukes and Earls saw wiping the King's butt as a seriously good job in the 1400s. Plus, you'd imagine drivers and bodyguards would often overhear and occasionally even see pretty sensitive stuff. If it were me, I think i'd only want the most trusted of my made guys around me day-to-day.

Last edited by johnnyboysala; 11/26/12 08:30 AM.
Re: People around the top guys... [Re: johnnyboysala] #679169
11/26/12 09:56 AM
11/26/12 09:56 AM
tommykarate Offline
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline
Underboss
Sal avellino was tony ducks driver and he was made and big in unions.and in the book gaspipe casso said he answered directly to luchesse consigliere christie tick so yes to your questions

One thing about wiseguys...the hustle never ends.-tony soprano
Re: People around the top guys... [Re: johnnyboysala] #679172
11/26/12 10:40 AM
11/26/12 10:40 AM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: johnnyboysala

Firstly, do top 3 guys ever run private crews? Like an underboss or consigliere (permanent, not acting) that has guys reporting directly to them? Seems to make sense for their personal earnings, but would it throw the whole structure out of whack?

Secondly, are the guys that surround top dogs day-to-day all made? I've often wondered about drivers, bodyguards etc. Its a menial job that takes them away from earning on the street, so seems wasteful to use made guys, but equally its a privilege to get that close. A bit like how top Dukes and Earls saw wiping the King's butt as a seriously good job in the 1400s. Plus, you'd imagine drivers and bodyguards would often overhear and occasionally even see pretty sensitive stuff. If it were me, I think i'd only want the most trusted of my made guys around me day-to-day.

John Francis was Bufalino's driver and was pretty big in his own right. He was ex-IRA and had links to the West Side of Manhattan as the Bufalino family business around PA and New York. What he cashed in on real estate alone was worthy of a small crew.

John Sullivan was Fat Tony's right hand man. He could never be made but he made alot of things happen. I always thought Tom Hagen in the Godfather book was based on John Sullivan as his background and influence on things was vaguely similar I thought.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: People around the top guys... [Re: johnnyboysala] #679244
11/26/12 04:00 PM
11/26/12 04:00 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

Sometimes soldiers are assaigned directly to the administration or one of its members. Their job is to oversee some racket that belongs to the administration member. A boss or an underboss is not going to deal with his loansharking business for example, he controlled before being upped. Therefore a soldier assaigned to him, collects the juice and handles the business on the street. This soldier is often a very much trusted one and is somebody the administration member has personally known for a long time.
Not always, but sometimes, these soldiers are made captains to boost their status on the streets. But they do not have a crew, which enables their full concentration and dedication to the administration members´s racket. In many cases these captains wields great influence within the Family because they are extremely close to the administration.

When their world is in order and there is harmony, there is no need for a boss to move around with bodyguards. Some bosses do have people driving them around and I guess these drivers can serve in a bodyguard´s capacity. But bodyguards are generally for wannabees.

[Linked Image]
Re: People around the top guys... [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #679321
11/26/12 09:43 PM
11/26/12 09:43 PM
G
gamms Offline
Was: sitonmyface11
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH

John Francis was Bufalino's driver and was pretty big in his own right. He was ex-IRA and had links to the West Side of Manhattan as the Bufalino family business around PA and New York. What he cashed in on real estate alone was worthy of a small crew.

John Sullivan was Fat Tony's right hand man. He could never be made but he made alot of things happen. I always thought Tom Hagen in the Godfather book was based on John Sullivan as his background and influence on things was vaguely similar I thought.

lol. john sullivan was not his 'right hand'. who claims this? john sullivan? fat tonys guy was always either the big guy, the 'lion', or 'di'. not some irish shmuck.lol.

to the question at hand...there is no 'one' answer. the answer is they are in the top spot and can do what they want. if they wished to take all the top soldiers and put them into their crew, they could. [they wouldnt be there very long tho.lol]. gotti had that contractor who invested in da nois who answered directly to him. benny squint had a under but he had a lot more too. fat tony gave orders to three guys. the chin had two guys,and eventually only one. that is the 'smart' way to do things. if you read about tv,you would find he was giving orders not only through a.c. but even guys like hector pagan.

your driver is just your driver. hes not necessarily your protege or your enforcer. he opens the door for you. period. you shouldnt be talking shop where anyone can overhear you anyways. now a days, if you get caught, its your own damn fault.

long story short.most guys that are in an administration position should not be there for the money. look at who runs the westside. since vito's days, nobody needed the job. nobody has wanted it. they are there out of a sense of 'duty'. thats the difference btween the genovese and the gambinos. the 'little guy' and 'the suit' could have both had the job but they turned it down. so a certain 'friend' nominates 'the greaseball'.lol. and the rest is history.

Re: People around the top guys... [Re: gamms] #679392
11/27/12 08:50 AM
11/27/12 08:50 AM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
Quote:
fat tonys guy was always either the big guy, the 'lion', or 'di'. not some irish shmuck.lol.

John Sullivan ran lots of operations on the West Side for Salerno. He also did plenty of work for Ianniello and Gigante. It was his role to organize the take down on the West Side when Fat Tony needed those contracts.

You think Fat Tony would have given this responsibility to a schmuck? Get real.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 11/27/12 09:00 AM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: People around the top guys... [Re: johnnyboysala] #679403
11/27/12 12:37 PM
11/27/12 12:37 PM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
im not saying he was nothing. but he was never his [salernos] 'right hand'. like i said,he had about three fucking right hands and none of them were irish.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull