GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Irishman12, DetroitPartnership), 272 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,446
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,312
Posts1,058,404
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
How old is too old to get involved in the streets? #678716
11/24/12 12:50 PM
11/24/12 12:50 PM
M
Mr_Willie_Cicci Offline OP
Made Member
Mr_Willie_Cicci  Offline OP
M
Made Member
How old is too old to get involved on the streets? Say a person was never raised street wise at all, but was raised by street wise people and has that in their background and somewhat in their surroundings and has intelligence and could have connections if they wanted...How old is too old?

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #678717
11/24/12 12:55 PM
11/24/12 12:55 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Remember that scene in Carlito's Way?

Carlito says something like, "You're a gangster now, Dave. They don't teach it in schools, and you can't get a late start."

Well, I hate to quote a fucking movie, but there it is. If you're already 40 years old and you grew up in North Dakota, I'd say you better take that civil service exam. Because you'll get eaten alive otherwise.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: pizzaboy] #678718
11/24/12 12:58 PM
11/24/12 12:58 PM
M
Made Member
M
Made Member
What if you're half that age?

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #678720
11/24/12 01:06 PM
11/24/12 01:06 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci
What if you're half that age?

no matter how old you keep throwing rocks at the prison they are gonna let you in

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #678755
11/24/12 04:14 PM
11/24/12 04:14 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
The oldest age to begin that life would be around 60 that way you atleast get a good 20 years out of it or 15. But they'll take you in at any age.

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: Imamobguy] #678779
11/24/12 05:53 PM
11/24/12 05:53 PM
G
gamms Offline
Was: sitonmyface11
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
if you dont have money by the time your 50, youll never have it. when your in your 20s everything is scores and drugs. 30s is for taking action and shy locking. by your 40s you live off your crew. by the time your 50, either you move up or you propose a guy and move aside into low key legit shit. thats just the 'outline' so to speak. a lot of guys come 'around' in there fortys and fifties. who was it that wasnt even involved until there 30s or 40s? joe massino maybe?lol. if your on the street more than 10 yrs without a button your nuts. if your on the street after your forties your a damn fool.

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: gamms] #678899
11/25/12 01:31 AM
11/25/12 01:31 AM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: sitonmyface11
if you dont have money by the time your 50, youll never have it. when your in your 20s everything is scores and drugs. 30s is for taking action and shy locking. by your 40s you live off your crew. by the time your 50, either you move up or you propose a guy and move aside into low key legit shit. thats just the 'outline' so to speak. a lot of guys come 'around' in there fortys and fifties. who was it that wasnt even involved until there 30s or 40s? joe massino maybe?lol. if your on the street more than 10 yrs without a button your nuts. if your on the street after your forties your a damn fool.

YES best post ever.When your in your 20s and join a crew u have no rackets the only way to make money is stealing and drugs.After a while of doing that u become more respected and if u save your money u can open a book or shy lock not to mention if u get your button u will most likely have that wonderful no show job.From there if your smart your making money on top of money then u can take it eaasy or if your an idiot try to become a captain (who the fuck needs this stress)

But its also a luck thing too a guy who hooks up with say a manhatten genevese crew will have much more oppurtunity to make money than a guy who hooks up with a staten island colombo crew because the mor succesfull crew u join the more influental people u will come in contact with

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: gamms] #678911
11/25/12 05:07 AM
11/25/12 05:07 AM
D
dsbaloo Offline
Underboss
dsbaloo  Offline
D
Underboss
if you don't have money by the time your 50, you'll never have it. when your in your 20s everything is scores and drugs. 30s is for taking action and shy locking. by your 40s you live off your crew. by the time your 50, either you move up or you propose a guy and move aside into low key legit shit. that's just the 'outline' so to speak. a lot of guys come 'around' in there fortys and fifties. who was it that wasnt even involved until there 30s or 40s? joe massino maybe?lol. if your on the street more than 10 yrs without a button your nuts. if your on the street after your forties your a damn fool.

I'm pretty sure it was sal vitale, massinos brother in law who didn't get involved in the life til he was in his 30's or 40's. I think there's no age limit to get inlvoled, however I feel like you have 0 chance getting involved unless you grew up around and were on the fringes of the street life. Like pizza boy said you can't be some square from Utah and think you're going to jump right in the mix. You'll get eaten alive.

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: gamms] #678917
11/25/12 08:38 AM
11/25/12 08:38 AM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
Quote:
you dont have money by the time your 50, youll never have it. when your in your 20s everything is scores and drugs. 30s is for taking action and shy locking. by your 40s you live off your crew. by the time your 50, either you move up or you propose a guy and move aside into low key legit shit. thats just the 'outline' so to speak. a lot of guys come 'around' in there fortys and fifties. who was it that wasnt even involved until there 30s or 40s? joe massino maybe?lol. if your on the street more than 10 yrs without a button your nuts. if your on the street after your forties your a damn fool.

Some guys are on the streets into their 80's, check out Howie Winter at 83:- http://somerville.patch.com/articles/win...tortion-charges

'Long John' Martorano too was another mobster who probably should have eased into retirement when he came out of the joint in 1999. Instead he pissed alot of people off and got clipped on his way to the doctor's aged 74 in a shooting most on here are more than familiar with I'm sure.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 11/25/12 08:41 AM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #678924
11/25/12 10:05 AM
11/25/12 10:05 AM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Originally Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH
Quote:
you dont have money by the time your 50, youll never have it. when your in your 20s everything is scores and drugs. 30s is for taking action and shy locking. by your 40s you live off your crew. by the time your 50, either you move up or you propose a guy and move aside into low key legit shit. thats just the 'outline' so to speak. a lot of guys come 'around' in there fortys and fifties. who was it that wasnt even involved until there 30s or 40s? joe massino maybe?lol. if your on the street more than 10 yrs without a button your nuts. if your on the street after your forties your a damn fool.

Some guys are on the streets into their 80's, check out Howie Winter at 83:- http://somerville.patch.com/articles/win...tortion-charges

'Long John' Martorano too was another mobster who probably should have eased into retirement when he came out of the joint in 1999. Instead he pissed alot of people off and got clipped on his way to the doctor's aged 74 in a shooting most on here are more than familiar with I'm sure.

clap - Yeah, You're right. @ Sit - You don't exactly have to be in your 40s or 30s to join that, some people join old who have the brain and connection which Cosa Nostra needs.

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #678941
11/25/12 11:49 AM
11/25/12 11:49 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH
[quote]

Let me tell you something I can't speak for howie winter but the Martorano's are scum. There are 3 separate Martorano families in S. Phila they put their drug money into property and prey on young hipsters that move into Bella Vista. They bank off the old man's name. The one guy in his 50's recently just caught a beating, but that's not something you read in the paper or a police report. They don't have any clout like the Scarfo Regime. There being made fun of by Rats in court. Lawyers,Councilmen, and any public official is not going to risk their career to help these guys it just isn't worth it for them and its not like their scared of the current administration. Also the African-American Community have their own suppliers and don't need " Long Dong Silver" from 1962 to get them a kilo of dope or coke." lol lol

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 11/26/12 12:49 AM.

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #678988
11/25/12 02:23 PM
11/25/12 02:23 PM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
thank you tiger.lol. you get it though. there are no 'hard and fast' rules. just know that most guys start hanging 'around' in the late 20s, early 30s. [today i mean]. back in my day you started a lot younger. it really was a neighborhood thing. there were a lot more gangs back then. you hung out with a lot of tough guys and kids tht dreamed of being made. the bullshitters got 'weeded out' quick. if you couldnt hold your ground people would find out. now, a lot of new made guys are worried about looking 'tough' instead of being tough. and in 10 yrs, there either in a fed prison, witsec, or working a 40 hr work week like the rest of us. there are exceptions. plenty of them. but thats the majority.

to the guy who mentioned which crew, your right to. but there are bums that are with the westside. whos that colombo guy with the car dealerships? john S-------, worth 50 million dollars!if your the son of a union boss, youve got it made i dont care who your with. its all who you know. if your nephew of some skipper with a family, you got a good chance to rise fast and [possibly] make some money. if your the nephew of a baker, you got a good chance to learn how to make the other kind of 'dough'.lol.

sal vitale must be it, he worked until he was in his late 30s, completely legit work. he marries joe massinos sister, hes underboss of the bonannos in 5 yrs.lol. perfect example.

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: gamms] #678990
11/25/12 02:26 PM
11/25/12 02:26 PM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
why did it blank out stapuli or how ever you spell it?

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: gamms] #678996
11/25/12 02:41 PM
11/25/12 02:41 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
sal vitale must be it, he worked until he was in his late 30s, completely legit work. he marries joe massinos sister, hes underboss of the bonannos in 5 yrs.lol. perfect example.

Yeah, and look what happened there wink.

Generally speaking, unless you have an in in your family (like Vitale did), you're not hooking up with a crew in your middle age. If you're fifty years old and no one ever heard of you, who are you going to get to trust you?

Look at this Jack Garcia guy. The guy was in his 50s, no one ever heard of him, and no red flags went up when that guy brought him around The Bronx?

Now granted, fooling Greg DePalma wasn't like slipping one past Patrick Roy in his prime. But still. The guy should have been vetted. Just as anyone that age who didn't grow up in the neighborhood should be vetted.

But then again, maybe that's one of the reasons why the mob is in the shape that it's in.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: pizzaboy] #679006
11/25/12 02:57 PM
11/25/12 02:57 PM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Yeah, and look what happened there wink.

Generally speaking, unless you have an in in your family (like Vitale did), you're not hooking up with a crew in your middle age. If you're fifty years old and no one ever heard of you, who are you going to get to trust you?

Look at this Jack Garcia guy. The guy was in his 50s, no one ever heard of him, and no red flags went up when that guy brought him around The Bronx?

Now granted, fooling Greg DePalma wasn't like slipping one past Patrick Roy in his prime. But still. The guy should have been vetted. Just as anyone that age who didn't grow up in the neighborhood should be vetted.

But then again, maybe that's one of the reasons why the mob is in the shape that it's in.

right. for all that talk about massino being smart, he did a lot of dumb shit. louie haha or tony spero should have run that family. a boss needs to be a gangster not a bizman. just my 2 cents tho.

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: gamms] #679048
11/25/12 06:07 PM
11/25/12 06:07 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
thank you tiger.lol. you get it though. there are no 'hard and fast' rules. just know that most guys start hanging 'around' in the late 20s, early 30s. [today i mean]. back in my day you started a lot younger. it really was a neighborhood thing. there were a lot more gangs back then. you hung out with a lot of tough guys and kids tht dreamed of being made. the bullshitters got 'weeded out' quick. if you couldnt hold your ground people would find out. now, a lot of new made guys are worried about looking 'tough' instead of being tough. and in 10 yrs, there either in a fed prison, witsec, or working a 40 hr work week like the rest of us. there are exceptions. plenty of them. but thats the majority.

to the guy who mentioned which crew, your right to. but there are bums that are with the westside. whos that colombo guy with the car dealerships? john S-------, worth 50 million dollars!if your the son of a union boss, youve got it made i dont care who your with. its all who you know. if your nephew of some skipper with a family, you got a good chance to rise fast and [possibly] make some money. if your the nephew of a baker, you got a good chance to learn how to make the other kind of 'dough'.lol.

Why do u think guys are starting later in the the life today as oppose to years ago?Do u think in your day guys actually needed to do it to survive and today the kids live at home with their parents then in their late 20s they try the life out and if it doesnt work out they dont care because they can just live at home?

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #679052
11/25/12 06:42 PM
11/25/12 06:42 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
Quote:
Let me tell you something I can't speak for howie winter but the Martorano's are scum. There are 3 separate Martorano families in S. Phila they put their drug money into property and prey on young hipsters that move into Bella Vista. They bank off the old man's name. The one guy in his 50's recently just caught a beating, but that's not something you read in the paper or a police report. They don't have any clout like the Scarfo Regime. There being made fun of by Rats in court. Lawyers,Councilmen, and any public official is not going to risk their career to help these guys it just isn't worth it for them and its not like their scared of the current administration. Also the African-American Community have their own suppliers and don't need " frankie dirt" from 1962 to get them a kilo of dope or coke."

Well in Howie's neck of the woods the next generation of Martoranos is not doing the Martarano name any favours either. That's something Howie would know about. Even John Martorano calls his son a bum. Earlier this year caught purse snatching in Charlestown.

James and Johnny were pretty scary back in the day though. What about George? Sounds like he needs a Philadelphia lawyer to but can't get one in Philly? No wonder he's serving his 29th yearwhistle

Maybe he should hire John Berkery.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: tiger84] #679053
11/25/12 06:45 PM
11/25/12 06:45 PM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: tiger84

Why do u think guys are starting later in the the life today as oppose to years ago?Do u think in your day guys actually needed to do it to survive and today the kids live at home with their parents then in their late 20s they try the life out and if it doesnt work out they dont care because they can just live at home?

when a guy 'gets on' with a crew, hes one of two things.hes either'hungry' or hes 'scared'. if hes 'hungry', hes a 'wanna-be'. he wants the button from day 1. hes already into some shit like drugs. these guys will usually get 'on' younger and burn out faster to. they can be total pussys, and some can be real dangerous. some guys turn into the real deal. most end up burn out inside, with whats left of there crew fucking them over at every chance. the guys who come for protection are actually a lot more common than you think. a guy is a week or two behind on a loan and he gets his ass beat. he goes to a made guy.the made guy says, hes with me, you cant touch him anymore. in exchange the other guy and his 'guy' agree not to touch him and now the young guy's 'friend' is responsible for makeing him pay. usually these legit guys are made to pay some money [not always] and usually are 'groomed' into knockaround guys if they arent already. [although a true knockaround guy doesnt get his ass beat by anyone, made or not]. they usually find out that between the average cost of life, plus there 'dues',is alot of money and they start getting into 'the street' themselves. most guys end up being 'wanna-bes'.a lot of guys are working class, college drop outs who take there shot at a 'legitamtate' life. when i was younger, yes we were a lot poorer, but cosa nostra its self was a lot stronger then too. you had half a dozen hang-outs within 2 blocks of my house. you walk down 18th avenue,and you would see wiseguys from every family. its a lot different now though, half my block is italian, the other half is either mexican or chinese. [or russian]. when i was 16 some of my friends took the bus up to sunset park and robbed this small restaurant. one of them left a print somewhere, was arrested, a day later the charges were dropped. today? it would be in the daily news and the guy would be sentenced to life plus twenty or some stupid shit. in my day kids and women had shy books,if they had a 'guy' behind them, it was respected and they made money. i hung around a kid who had enough shy loans to keep 3 of us busy with pickups. these kids today cant even calculate interest points. the general nieghborhood aditude is gone. ratting is so fucking comon, it is a joke. i hate to use the movie as an example, but you know that scene in the bronx tale where calorgero denies he saw sonny kill the guy in front of the whole street? and the camera pans around and you see the whole crowd nodding in approval and saying 'what a good kid' and 'thatta boy'? thats whats missing. you dont learn those things out in nassau county or in princes bay.

i hope i answered your question.

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: gamms] #679192
11/26/12 12:31 PM
11/26/12 12:31 PM
M
Made Member
M
Made Member
Yeah it did answer some but where would one begin? Like, if you know people who do drugs, then they probably know someone who deals right? What I mean is, if you're totally unconnected, how would one get connected, without seeming too hard up? You don't want to come off like a wanna be and be sticking your head up some connected guy's ass, don't get you nowhere. But what do you do?

I'm asking cause I wanna write a book on this stuff. My father's helping me with some of it; He grew up in Bensonhurst back in the 60s, 70s, saw a lot of things and knew (casually, not personally) guys like Jimmy Emma and Papa Bear, and his grandfather was one of the biggest bookies and loan sharks in the neighborhood in the '30s and '40s, part of an arson ring too, and held the respect of Bensonhurst's Capo, some guy named Jack the Barber, something like that. But my great grandpa's name oddly ain't in any mob book I ever read.

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #679193
11/26/12 12:39 PM
11/26/12 12:39 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
What I mean is, if you're totally unconnected, how would one get connected, without seeming too hard up? You don't want to come off like a wanna be and be sticking your head up some connected guy's ass, don't get you nowhere. But what do you do?

If its in your blood,than its in your blood...if not...tryin to get in it,the result is goin to be catastrophic or suicidal

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #679206
11/26/12 02:01 PM
11/26/12 02:01 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
What I mean is, if you're totally unconnected, how would one get connected, without seeming too hard up? You don't want to come off like a wanna be and be sticking your head up some connected guy's ass, don't get you nowhere. But what do you do?

You don't want to come on too strong; that's for damn sure. That's an easy way to get someone to think you're setting them up (even if you're not). The most successful street guys carry around what I like to call a bit of "healthy paranoia." If they don't know you, they're not gonna sit down with you without an introduction from a mutual friend. And if you have absolutely no ties at all---to the neighborhood or otherwise---you're not going to have an easy time of it.

The truth is, years ago you'd probably put yourself in danger by hanging around where no one knew who you are just because you want to be a wiseguy. Like I posted earlier, if you're from fucking Montana or some such place, and no one ever heard of you, you're better off taking a civil service exam whistle.

Did you grow up in New York, Willie? Or was that just your Dad and his family?

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #679229
11/26/12 03:01 PM
11/26/12 03:01 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Let me tell you something I can't speak for howie winter but the Martorano's are scum. There are 3 separate Martorano families in S. Phila they put their drug money into property and prey on young hipsters that move into Bella Vista. They bank off the old man's name. The one guy in his 50's recently just caught a beating, but that's not something you read in the paper or a police report.

What are you talking about here? Never heard of such a thing.

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: spmob] #679233
11/26/12 03:11 PM
11/26/12 03:11 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I'm not a Philly guy, nor do I really follow them outside of the Bruno-Scarfo legacy. But I live in Florida part time and I've eaten at the nephew's restaurant in Fort Lauderdale a bunch of times. I think he's a nephew, anyway. I know he's related.

It's a fun place. The food is mediocre (although it's good for Florida), but the place is so full of itself with the Sinatra music and the mob movies constantly playing that you can't not have a good time. It's like being at the Feast. I'd never go to such a place up here. Too embarrassing. But down there, on vacation, it's strangely a lot of fun smile.

http://www.cafemartorano.com/

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #679237
11/26/12 03:20 PM
11/26/12 03:20 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Jimmy Kimmell had him on his show a year or so ago. He does the rounds. Hes a big dude if I remember correctly. Looks like a jersey shore guy.

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: spmob] #679239
11/26/12 03:25 PM
11/26/12 03:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: spmob
Jimmy Kimmell had him on his show a year or so ago. He does the rounds. Hes a big dude if I remember correctly. Looks like a jersey shore guy.

Yeah, that's him.

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #679249
11/26/12 05:01 PM
11/26/12 05:01 PM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
Yeah it did answer some but where would one begin? Like, if you know people who do drugs, then they probably know someone who deals right? What I mean is, if you're totally unconnected, how would one get connected, without seeming too hard up? You don't want to come off like a wanna be and be sticking your head up some connected guy's ass, don't get you nowhere. But what do you do?

I'm asking cause I wanna write a book on this stuff. My father's helping me with some of it; He grew up in Bensonhurst back in the 60s, 70s, saw a lot of things and knew (casually, not personally) guys like Jimmy Emma and Papa Bear, and his grandfather was one of the biggest bookies and loan sharks in the neighborhood in the '30s and '40s, part of an arson ring too, and held the respect of Bensonhurst's Capo, some guy named Jack the Barber, something like that. But my great grandpa's name oddly ain't in any mob book I ever read.

i am familiar with some of the guys you talk about. i grew up around the same time feel free to send me a message if you like.

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: pizzaboy] #679382
11/27/12 05:23 AM
11/27/12 05:23 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
The truth is, years ago you'd probably put yourself in danger by hanging around where no one knew who you are just because you want to be a wiseguy.
[/quote]

Like when donnie brasco was standing outside the social club and the boss and his son come strut by and he sizes donnie up with that mean stare? That's how IMA felt when he was with the luchesse's lol you know just being an associate
What's he say "Stand there and look tough or something"

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 11/27/12 05:24 AM.

Genovese Family."
Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #679397
11/27/12 10:35 AM
11/27/12 10:35 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Like when donnie brasco was standing outside the social club and the boss and his son come strut by and he sizes donnie up with that mean stare?

Honestly? Well, yeah.

I hate to reference a friggin' movie to make a point, but I've seen that same look all my life. When they don't know you, you'll sometimes get that stare if you're in one of their places.

Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #679502
11/27/12 08:00 PM
11/27/12 08:00 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
You could always become Amish. If I was gonna muscle in on a turf I'd pick the one with bales of hay and carts that didn't have bullet proof windows. I also like the idea of waging a turf war on guys whose religion says they can't touch you or fight back n any way whatsoever. Even the rebel Amish would probably only go as far as trading a few blows as to them thats probably the Catholic equivalent of detonating a bomb.

I see em advertising their crews on the Discovery Channel. They got busted for dealing blow they scored off the Pagans. So my advice would be wade in, kick some Amish butt and work your way to the top of the Amish mob in construction rackets, hale blazing and horse trading before retiring at the top, growing your beard a little longer and using your Pagan connections to rob a Harley and get in on the OMC scene.

From this point on you may get to hear some wiseguy bitching about how rancid your breath reeks now and again. If he likes you, maybe a grunt or two.

George Carlin
Re: How old is too old to get involved in the streets? [Re: pizzaboy] #679582
11/28/12 04:21 AM
11/28/12 04:21 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Like when donnie brasco was standing outside the social club and the boss and his son come strut by and he sizes donnie up with that mean stare?

Honestly? Well, yeah.

I hate to reference a friggin' movie to make a point, but I've seen that same look all my life. When they don't know you, you'll sometimes get that stare if you're in one of their places.

How do you think I feel PB ? Those Luchesse Guys wanna have a sitdown with me in the BK

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 11/28/12 04:21 AM.

Genovese Family."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull