GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TheGhost), 185 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,948
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,340
Posts1,058,940
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chicago Outfit running Washington? #675436
11/09/12 01:46 PM
11/09/12 01:46 PM
Wilson Offline OP
Capo
Wilson  Offline OP
Capo
I was thinking about this today.

Obama is President.

And Daley's brother was his Chief of Staff at one time and also works for Obama.

We all know the Daley's have a history of being connected with the Outfit.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by Wilson; 11/09/12 01:48 PM.
Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675476
11/09/12 03:45 PM
11/09/12 03:45 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Hahahaha, Not even close to likely. Even though I was with Mitt and I believed in only focusing on American Citizens, I have to say Obama's speech was good but the facts he cannot admit to his own people!.

The Government is keeping strong at this moment of time, Jobs are lost and Houses are trying to be sold. I doubt The Outfit would want to re-locate, I havent heard of more money being made in Washington than Chicago.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675478
11/09/12 03:46 PM
11/09/12 03:46 PM
Wilson Offline OP
Capo
Wilson  Offline OP
Capo
You don't have to live in Washington to have money coming in for your own organization. What if Daley was kicking back some of that money that he earned in Washington to the Outfit? I wouldn't doubt it if it was true.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675480
11/09/12 03:47 PM
11/09/12 03:47 PM
Wilson Offline OP
Capo
Wilson  Offline OP
Capo
Look at Rahm also. Daley steps down and then the Chief of staff comes to be Chicago's mayor and another Chicago guy takes over in Washington? Hmmmm.

Also look at the President. He could be kicking back some money to the Unions in Chicago. We all know the Outfit is involved in those as well.

Last edited by Wilson; 11/09/12 03:50 PM.
Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675485
11/09/12 03:52 PM
11/09/12 03:52 PM
Wilson Offline OP
Capo
Wilson  Offline OP
Capo
Obama/The Chicago Mob/Giannoulias: How are they connected and WHAT else do we not know?

In the following article I borrowed from Investors Business Daily, it is explained extremely well how the main stream media has ignored the connection between Barack Hussein Obama and Chicago Style Political Thugery. Obama has endorsed and even appeared in campaign promotions for Alexi Giannoulias who is the current DEMOCRATIC candidate for United States Senator from Illinois for OBAMA’S former Senate seat. The federal government is poised to shut down the BROADWAY BANK, wholly owned by the Giannoulias Family. Alexi was the senior loan officer making loans from 2004 to 2006. He made millions of dollars in loans to Chicago Mobsters and other loans that obviously went south. IBD tells the story better than I could hope to.

“Politics: Another bank failure is nothing new these days — except if the bank is run by the family of a U.S. Senate candidate who profited handsomely and lent millions to a convicted felon. But then, that’s the Chicago way.

‘I did not run for office to be helping out a bunch of fat-cat bankers on Wall Street,” President Obama said in a recent interview with “60 Minutes.” Speaking to those bankers, he said: “You guys are drawing down 10, 20 million dollar bonuses after America went through the worst economic year that it’s gone through in — in decades, and you guys caused the problem.”

Not all those fat cats, apparently, are on Wall Street. Some are on Main Street in the president’s hometown. One of those “guys” recently won the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate seat once held by Obama.

He’s an Obama protege and fundraiser. His name is Alexi Giannoulias, and his family runs the Broadway Bank in Chicago, a financially troubled institution that the feds appear ready to seize and shut down. He is running for U.S. Senate from Illinois.

Last Friday, Crain’s Chicago Business reported that the Giannoulias family stood to collect more than $10 million in federal tax refunds even if the bank does fail. “It’s quite likely the bank will fail,” the Chicago Tribune reported Giannoulias as saying last Wednesday, unless “they can raise the capital to keep the bank going,” an amount estimated at $85 million.

As sole owner of a Subchapter S corporation that controls $1.2 billion-in-assets Broadway, the family pays the taxes on the bank’s income and reaps tax deductions on its losses. Giannoulias did not say if the family would put the $10 million back into the bank as a start.

Giannoulias was senior lender at Broadway between 2002 and 2006, before winning election as Illinois treasurer in 2006. He stepped down from operational duties after deciding to run for public office. The expected tax refund comes on top of $70 million in dividends the family, including Giannoulias himself, took in 2007 and 2008.

As Chicago Tribune political writer Rick Pearson has reported, Alexi Giannoulias was very much an integral player in helping Barack Obama get seed money for his 2004 U.S. Senate race. He provided entree to Chicago’s Greek community. In return, Obama in 2006 warmly endorsed Giannoulias: “He’s one of the most outstanding young men that I could ever hope to meet. He’s somebody who cares deeply about people.”

One of the people Giannoulias cared about, apparently, was Michael “Jaws” Giorango, a Chicagoan with multiple convictions for bookmaking and promoting prostitution. As Ed Morrissey reported when he ran his Captain’s Quarters blog, Giannoulias approved some $11.8 million in loans to Giorango and associates after Giorango was convicted in 2004 for running a prostitution ring.

In answering questions about Broadway’s loans to Giorango during a 70-minute meeting with the Tribune editorial board, Giannoulias, the newspaper reported, “at first contended he was unaware of Giorango’s criminal history. That contradicted Giannoulias’ comments in 2006 to the Tribune, in which he acknowledged knowing Giorango had a criminal background.”

The White House and most of the national media have oddly ignored the Giannoulias story, which one would think would matter as much as the AIG bonuses. If Giannoulias had been a Republican protege of George W. Bush, maybe coverage would be different.

Maybe it’s because he comes out of the same corrupt Illinois system that produced such stellar leaders as the impeached Gov. Rod Blagojevich, accused of trying to sell Obama’s former seat, and the human cipher who got it, Roland Burris. Dog bites man is not news.

Illinois is still a very blue state, and the Chicago machine still has clout. Giannoulias may still pull it out. Heck, he may even wind up on the Senate Banking Committee.”

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675490
11/09/12 03:57 PM
11/09/12 03:57 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Well, How much do you think Daley is making? If he is giving The Outfit money then it must be alot because The Outfit is certainly greedy for money, and are hungary 24/7. Daley then won't be making as much profit as he had say a few years..

Also - Daley could also give them up, and keep all the profit for himself rather than paying them. If he is kicking money back to Chicago, He must meet a senior member of The Outfit and it would be easy for him to give them all up, He would know the whole operation of it.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675496
11/09/12 04:01 PM
11/09/12 04:01 PM
Wilson Offline OP
Capo
Wilson  Offline OP
Capo
I'm just posting shit for conversation. I don't know if its true or what not. But it is interesting to think about. Imagine in 20 years if we find out there were things that happened in Washington helping the mafia to some extent? Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Last edited by Wilson; 11/09/12 04:02 PM.
Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675501
11/09/12 04:13 PM
11/09/12 04:13 PM
Wilson Offline OP
Capo
Wilson  Offline OP
Capo
Also do you think its a coincidence that all these Chicago politicians have taken over Washington? Think about it.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675502
11/09/12 04:15 PM
11/09/12 04:15 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Not so sure now, Most Politican's arent Mob Fans as they were 10 or 20 years ago. It was corrupt in the 1920s - 1990s era not so much now but yeah, It does go on. Someone will be corrupt I do agree.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675523
11/09/12 05:07 PM
11/09/12 05:07 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Not even close. Daley did know a few mob guys but that was just because he grew up in Bridgeport at a time when the mob was thriving. It would have been impossible for him to be in his position (or to have grown up where he grew up) and not know a bunch of mob guys.

On the contrary he made his bones as a state's attorney going after Spilotro.

Obama has nothing to do with the mob.

The mob is a joke here. A couple of old men and a few assorted low lifes and losers who control a very small amount of book making with white trash who haven't figured out how to use the Internet to gamble and still think Joey Aiuppa is going to break their legs if they don't pay, and some video poker machines.

The Outfit in its current incarnation couldn't even "control" a Dunkin Donuts.

Sorry kid.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675525
11/09/12 05:15 PM
11/09/12 05:15 PM
Wilson Offline OP
Capo
Wilson  Offline OP
Capo
Are you sure about that? The FBI definately would disagree with you but what the fuck do I know.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675527
11/09/12 05:22 PM
11/09/12 05:22 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
The FBI hasn't done anything against the Outfit in ages. Mike Sarno went down for something he did in 2004.

Read Family Secrets by Coen. Even though they finally went on trial in 07, I don't think there was any crime they were accused of in the trial that took place before the mid-90s, and most of it decades earlier than that.

So either the FBI is completely inept or the Outfit suddenly turned into geniuses. Or it's mostly over.

Yes, after every trial they say "The Outfit is still out there..." And it is, a little, but I would imagine that is just to try to keep funding. And also of course to let the remaining criminals know they are still on guard.

Anyway, like I said, there hasn't been an Outfit prosecuted crime for almost a decade.

Prior to that, from the Capone era even through the early 90s, they were being busted all the time.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675530
11/09/12 05:28 PM
11/09/12 05:28 PM
Wilson Offline OP
Capo
Wilson  Offline OP
Capo
So this brings up my point. What if the Outfit has become so involved in politics, that they just don't deal with crimes that are violent anymore?

There is tons of money to be made in corrupt politics. You know that right?

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675531
11/09/12 05:35 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Why would they want to be involved in Politics? They have Chicago on their hand and The 2000s are dangerous with "Rats" and FBI all over.

They could be involved.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675532
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
You're talking Loch Ness monster kind of stuff.

What that means is, a lot is unknown about the state of the Outfit. But for any of your assumption to be correct, one must assume that virtually everything is unknown.

If you're interested in the Outfit I would read Jeff Coen's Family Secrets. That will really give you a lot of insight--actually unprecedented insight--into the state of the Outfit from the mid-90s to the early 2000s, when it was already in deep decline.

That is what makes the story so compelling... these guys were dinosaurs, from another era, an old Chicago that just doesn't exist anymore. They were artifacts. Which makes the book even more fascinating.

In terms of politics, they probably still have some weight in some of the suburbs, some of it based on graft and the vast majority of it based on losers trying to associate themselves with people who are still, in some lowly circles, perceived as big shots.

But you're talking pretty minor stuff. It's safe to say that the Humphries, Giancana, and those types would find the Outfit nothing so much as comical today.

Back in the day they really, in a sense, owned the city. The corruption right up until around 1990 when Bob Cooley took a lot of it down was unbelievable; they literally owned alderman, had dozens if not hundreds of people on the payroll.. it was a madhouse, and I imagine the most succesful criminal corruption of a city in American history.

But that stuff's ancient news.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: jonnynonos] #675534
11/09/12 05:41 PM
11/09/12 05:41 PM
Wilson Offline OP
Capo
Wilson  Offline OP
Capo
Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
You're talking Loch Ness monster kind of stuff.

What that means is, a lot is unknown about the state of the Outfit. But for any of your assumption to be correct, one must assume that virtually everything is unknown.

If you're interested in the Outfit I would read Jeff Coen's Family Secrets. That will really give you a lot of insight--actually unprecedented insight--into the state of the Outfit from the mid-90s to the early 2000s, when it was already in deep decline.

That is what makes the story so compelling... these guys were dinosaurs, from another era, an old Chicago that just doesn't exist anymore. They were artifacts. Which makes the book even more fascinating.

In terms of politics, they probably still have some weight in some of the suburbs, some of it based on graft and the vast majority of it based on losers trying to associate themselves with people who are still, in some lowly circles, perceived as big shots.

But you're talking pretty minor stuff. It's safe to say that the Humphries, Giancana, and those types would find the Outfit nothing so much as comical today.

Back in the day they really, in a sense, owned the city. The corruption right up until around 1990 when Bob Cooley took a lot of it down was unbelievable; they literally owned alderman, had dozens if not hundreds of people on the payroll.. it was a madhouse, and I imagine the most succesful criminal corruption of a city in American history.

But that stuff's ancient news.

Chicago is still the most corrupt city in America. WTF are you talking about back in the day? Its as corrupt as ever.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675537
11/09/12 05:48 PM
11/09/12 05:48 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Chicago?

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675539
11/09/12 05:49 PM
11/09/12 05:49 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
I'm sorry to disappoint you but it's not at all.

Definitely not with the mob.

Hell, I'm starting to feel like I'm telling you there's no tooth fairy.

Rahm Emanuel is the mayor here. He is best friends with the president.

If the mob so much as tried to break open a parking meter he could have them obliterated with one text.

The mob has been in decline for a very long time. They still have some rackets in suzzy blue collar suburbs where thing like video poker are a going concern or, as I mentioned, old men don't know how to place a bet with the Internet, but that's about it.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675544
11/09/12 06:00 PM
11/09/12 06:00 PM
Wilson Offline OP
Capo
Wilson  Offline OP
Capo
Whatever you say No No's. You seem to know more than I do about this. Thanks for the info.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675558
11/09/12 07:02 PM
11/09/12 07:02 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
It's more than " a couple of old guys " don't know where you got that from. They're definitely not as powerful as they used to be but your acting like there's nothing today

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: NickyEyes1] #675559
11/09/12 07:16 PM
11/09/12 07:16 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Well all know that The Outfit is big in size. They arent big in power to take over The Government and President.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: NickyEyes1] #675564
11/09/12 07:39 PM
11/09/12 07:39 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
I sincerely believe it's on its very last legs if not completely dead.

There have been no Outfit affiliated arrests for crimes committed in almost 10 years.

Sarno went down for firebombing a video poker machine competitor, thus all the "experts" say the Outfit's main rackets are video poker these days, which is probably true.

I talked to a good source who said they still have a small amount of bookmaking with old timers in the blue collar suburbs, and I believe him.

That's it. Believe me, we have a very healthy news culture here in Chicago. If anyone even remotely connected to the mob had been arrested anywhere for something as small as running a whorehouse, it would be all over the front page.

You guys have to understand that people like DiFronzio literally came up as snatch and grab thieves. They are from a different era.

All these old guys know now that if the feds traced one wrong phone call on a cell back to them they are dying in prison.

I have a feeling most of what's regarded as the upper echelon of the mob divested themselves of most of their criminal interests a long time ago.

I tend to believe that Lombardo even was telling the truth when he took the ad out saying he wasn't part of any organized crime. He probably got out of it a long time ago. All of these guys have more than enough legitiamate businesses; they don't even need this stuff anymore.

They haven't killed anyone since 2006 and I would be willing to bet that is the last mob hit Chicago will ever see.

Last edited by jonnynonos; 11/09/12 07:40 PM.
Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675565
11/09/12 07:48 PM
11/09/12 07:48 PM
Wilson Offline OP
Capo
Wilson  Offline OP
Capo
Good points No No's.

I enjoy your posts. Thank you.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675708
11/10/12 01:26 PM
11/10/12 01:26 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Okay, jonnynonos - a question I ask every fellow Chicagoland poster here... Cubs or Sox? smile

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: Wilson] #675712
11/10/12 01:39 PM
11/10/12 01:39 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Ha! Sox even though I live on the near north side.

Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: jonnynonos] #675715
11/10/12 01:52 PM
11/10/12 01:52 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Blackhawks?

[Linked Image]
Re: Chicago Outfit running Washington? [Re: jonnynonos] #675723
11/10/12 02:06 PM
11/10/12 02:06 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
Ha! Sox even though I live on the near north side.

clap I knew I liked you for some reason! clap

@Hairy - hell to the yeah on my Blackhawks! clap
(Apologies for the off-topic content. We know return you to the Chicago Outfit running things...)

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull