GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 234 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,386
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Are US Gambling Laws Like Prohibition? #673237
10/31/12 01:19 PM
10/31/12 01:19 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline OP
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline OP
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Obviously on a smaller scale, I mean in terms of there unpopularity and how there ignored?
It seems a little crazy to me that if your in NY you can't bet on a Giants or Jets game legally? Is this right? How do they police internet gambling?
When there is a gambling bust like the one recently in Queens it seems the general public have no interest or support for the FBI and Police' actions.
Is it common for most adults in the NY area to at one time or another to place an illegal bet?
Is it likely these laws will change any time soon?

Re: Are US Gambling Laws Like Prohibition? [Re: NickyScarfo] #673261
10/31/12 04:29 PM
10/31/12 04:29 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
I think once the government figures out how they can get their hands in the pot in terms of the internet gambling then it will be illegal, there has been talks of legalizing internet gambling via vegas but the government is not sure how to regulate it. It is pretty easy to know a bookie who has their account set up online and place bets through them and no where on the site does it state a dollar amount just a #

Re: Are US Gambling Laws Like Prohibition? [Re: NickyScarfo] #673262
10/31/12 04:32 PM
10/31/12 04:32 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Personally, I wouldn't mind the govt being involved in internet gambling (or other forms of gambling) because that just means more tax revenue coming into the coffers.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Are US Gambling Laws Like Prohibition? [Re: Dapper_Don] #673361
11/01/12 08:14 AM
11/01/12 08:14 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Legalize it. it would be a gold mine for government funds!!

Bad for your soul of course....and your wallet lol

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Are US Gambling Laws Like Prohibition? [Re: NickyScarfo] #673365
11/01/12 08:32 AM
11/01/12 08:32 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
I'm with you guys... it seems that the one thing that has proven true throughout U.S. and probably world history is that human vices will not go away. This means drinking and gambling, along with the other vices as well. For gambling, you would think the government would take a cue from the mob and realize the potential revenue it would give the government and delve yet another blow to one of OC's greatest money makers. That would certainly be better than raising my taxes!

Re: Are US Gambling Laws Like Prohibition? [Re: NickyScarfo] #673829
11/03/12 10:59 PM
11/03/12 10:59 PM
J
jackbottoxxx Offline
Wiseguy
jackbottoxxx  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Basically, its the American Government's way (Bush Administration) of answering to the Atlantic City and Vegas Lobbyists. SOme Governors were paid, as litttle as, $50,000!! to help push the UIGEA 2006 Law through.

An American citizen is able to place a wager on any internet site they want.
However, it depends on the site, who is willing to accept a wager from an American citizen. Thats the catch.
Some internet sites that defy the Law, are sites owned by people (many of which are American citizens), who have no interest in travelling to the USA or its territories. Nor, stand to be extradited to any American jurisdiction, as the country they reside in, will not co-operate with American authorities, as they view the the site owners as, 'they haven't broken any jurisdictional gaming laws within that country they reside in'.
The issue of money transfer, is were it becomes problematic. Once a payment system such as ie; Paypal or Neteller IN THE USA, accepts monies from an American citizen, they must establish the route of the transfer. If it becomes defined that the Merchant Account receiving these monies is of, an Offshore Gaming Site, it must concede and shut down the transfer immediately or face FEDERAL PROSECUTION BY AMERICAN AUTHORITIES.
(LAND OF THE FREE!! LMAO!!)
In final, the American Government wants every American to keep their monies within these boundaries such as Government run faciliites, Indian (Aboriginal Reserves), Atlantic City and Vegas.

Here are two particulars from the UIGEA;
1. It "prohibits gambling businesses from knowingly accepting payments in connection with the participation of another person in a bet or wager that involves the use of the Internet and that is unlawful under any federal or state law."[1] The act specifically excludes fantasy sports, that meet certain requirements, and legal intra-state and inter-tribal gaming. It does not expressly mention state lotteries; nor does it clarify whether inter-state wagering on horse racing is legal.

REpublican's defining moment;
2. The Bush administration had previously adopted the position that it would not finalize any rule subsequent to November 1, 2008.[citation needed] This last-minute rulemaking that binds the hands of an incoming administration is commonly termed the midnight drop.

The final regulations (termed the "Final Rule") were finalized and released November 12, 2008, and came into effect on January 19, 2009, the day before the Obama administration took office.[14] Compliance was not required until December 1, 2009 in order to give the "non-exempt participants" an opportunity to implement the necessary safeguards and procedures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UIGEA

If this bill hadn't push through, the Democrats would have nixed the bill, in a heart beat. Now, to get this, Passed Bill into Law, OVERTURNED, you need to go through a ton of red tape and Jesus Christ's blessing.

The only country to stand toe to toe, against the American Goverment and won! dubbed the David v. Goliath, was the tiny islands of Antigua & Barbuda through WTO (World Trade Orgainization). No other country was willing to take on the American Government in this issue. Thats why the American Government, took action and re-modified all their existing Gaming laws and created new ones to reflect the modern day concerns.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull