GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 67 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,760
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Halloween Candy #672234
10/26/12 12:39 PM
10/26/12 12:39 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline OP
klydon1  Offline OP

Pennsylvania
Last night was trick-or-treat night in our town - they always hold it on the Thursday night on or before Halloween. Earlier in the week I bought 6 or 7 big bags of miniature Nestle Crunch, Baby Ruth and 100K bars. My wife and daughter bought other candy like Skittles and Starburst.

My daughter and her friend handed out the candy (2 or 3 choices for each kid)and she would come in the house periodically to fill her baskets. She told me that most of the kids were more interested in the candy she picked out and not my "old people's candy." I guess Baby Ruth doesn't resonate with young kids anymore. I mean it wasn't like I was handing out goddamned Mary Janes.

Anyway, what's everyone else giving out for Halloween?

Re: Halloween Candy [Re: klydon1] #672237
10/26/12 12:46 PM
10/26/12 12:46 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I live in a condo and in my area I never get trick or treaters. IF I did I would pass out some kind of chocolate candy bars or maybe M&Ms, or Reeses. I NEVER liked the popular corn kernels or whatever they are called and never pass those out.

Btw, just a brief nostalgic moment. I remember when I was young and Trick or Treating, it was not uncommon for someone to be away for the evening and leave a bowl of candy on the porch with a note saying take one. Can't imagine that now. lol

smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Halloween Candy [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #672243
10/26/12 12:57 PM
10/26/12 12:57 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline OP
klydon1  Offline OP

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I live in a condo and in my area I never get trick or treaters. IF I did I would pass out some kind of chocolate candy bars or maybe M&Ms, or Reeses. I NEVER liked the popular corn kernels or whatever they are called and never pass those out.

Btw, just a brief nostalgic moment. I remember when I was young and Trick or Treating, it was not uncommon for someone to be away for the evening and leave a bowl of candy on the porch with a note saying take one. Can't imagine that now. lol

smile

TIS

They still do occasionally. I'm sure they're emptied quickly. Part of the fun though is getting to see the kids in the costumes.

By the corn kernels are you referring to candy corn, the sugary autumn tri-colored mini pyramids? I'm a fan of that, but try not to keep too much around the house.

Re: Halloween Candy [Re: klydon1] #672246
10/26/12 01:01 PM
10/26/12 01:01 PM
California

California
Yea, those are the ones. Never did like them.

smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Halloween Candy [Re: klydon1] #672249
10/26/12 01:24 PM
10/26/12 01:24 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
i'm still a young man, but even in my short time i have seen a sharp decrease in the amount of trick or treaters almost every year. when i was younger as soon as school let out there would be big crowds that would last until 10:00pm. now, i hardly see anybody out after 8 and a lot fewer people out overall. on the topic of candy, my favorites were always the houses that handed out those little mini goodie bags full of a bunch of different fun size bars.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Halloween Candy [Re: Five_Felonies] #672251
10/26/12 01:30 PM
10/26/12 01:30 PM
California

California
It isn't like it once was. frown I remember back when my kids were little things changed (for lack of a better word). We were warned that people were putting razor blades in apples??? Who the F would do such a thing? mad Now, people tend to go to planned events at churches, schools and only go in neighborhoods where people know each other,.

TIS

Re: Halloween Candy [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #672253
10/26/12 01:33 PM
10/26/12 01:33 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
It isn't like it once was. frown I remember back when my kids were little things changed (for lack of a better word). We were warned that people were putting razor blades in apples??? Who the F would do such a thing? mad Now, people tend to go to planned events at churches, schools and only go in neighborhoods where people know each other,.

TIS
yeah, i've heard all that crap before also, and there was also talk of broken glass in chocolate and some of the candy might have been poisoned. i remember they used to have policemen come to my elementary school and warn us not to eat anything before our parents checked it. yeah right!

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Halloween Candy [Re: klydon1] #672255
10/26/12 01:37 PM
10/26/12 01:37 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Bottle Caps (By Wonka)

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Halloween Candy [Re: klydon1] #672256
10/26/12 01:43 PM
10/26/12 01:43 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Last night was trick-or-treat night in our town - they always hold it on the Thursday night on or before Halloween. Earlier in the week I bought 6 or 7 big bags of miniature Nestle Crunch, Baby Ruth and 100K bars. My wife and daughter bought other candy like Skittles and Starburst.

My daughter and her friend handed out the candy (2 or 3 choices for each kid)and she would come in the house periodically to fill her baskets. She told me that most of the kids were more interested in the candy she picked out and not my "old people's candy." I guess Baby Ruth doesn't resonate with young kids anymore. I mean it wasn't like I was handing out goddamned Mary Janes.

Anyway, what's everyone else giving out for Halloween?

Haha Kly its the thought that counts though.

Genovese Family."
Re: Halloween Candy [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #672260
10/26/12 01:46 PM
California

California
Maybe this was way before anyone's time (but mine), but do you remember the rare occasions where you'd go to a house and they ran out of candy so they put money in your bag instead? Ok, maybe it was a dime or a quarter, but still that was neat. smile

TIS

Re: Halloween Candy [Re: Five_Felonies] #672261
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
i'm still a young man, but even in my short time i have seen a sharp decrease in the amount of trick or treaters almost every year. when i was younger as soon as school let out there would be big crowds that would last until 10:00pm. now, i hardly see anybody out after 8 and a lot fewer people out overall. on the topic of candy, my favorites were always the houses that handed out those little mini goodie bags full of a bunch of different fun size bars.

Your right FF your exactly right in the wake of people like Sandusky parents don't want to even send their children to Catholic School nowadays

Genovese Family."
Re: Halloween Candy [Re: klydon1] #672585
10/28/12 12:54 AM
10/28/12 12:54 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
When I was a kid in the Bronx, we lived in a building with 60 apartments, and it wasn't unusual for many of the families to have four or five kids. We used to get DOZENS of kids. My best friend's mom used to make candy apples (or was it caramel?). I just remember she had cookie sheets covered in waxed paper just lined with apples on sticks. Today, the kids would be afraid to take them.

We don't get many kids after 8. We've got two big bags of mixed candy bars. I don't remember exactly what's in them, but I do know they have Milky Ways and Milky Way Midnights, which was their allure.

My husband and his best friend used to dress up like zombies every year and go outside with a bowl of candy. They would sit very, very still so that kids thought they were mannequins and then if the kids tried to take too much candy, they would jump up and yell something like "The sign says Pleas Take Just One!" They would only do this after dark when the older kids came around.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Halloween Candy [Re: Sicilian Babe] #673535
11/02/12 07:23 AM
11/02/12 07:23 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
We gave out little chocolate bars, various bags of Haribo and loads of little Kojack lollies. Daughter Jennifer was at a party so big 2 boys took little Matty out, although for the night he was dressed as a vampire and had changed his name to Count Spookula (there is a pic on Facebook of this hideous fellow)

However because of the torrential rain we didn't get many callers but on the plus side old Spookula came home with enough treats to last him a decade lol

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Halloween Candy [Re: klydon1] #673630
11/02/12 04:20 PM
11/02/12 04:20 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
recees sticks!!!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull