GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Toodoped, joepuzzles234, Signor Vitelli, 1 invisible), 256 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,324
Posts1,058,608
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #669289
10/07/12 11:31 AM
10/07/12 11:31 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
New York Families in general, except maybe the Genovese Family, can't compete with the Ndragheta. Far better organized and disciplined than the lazy American Italians who are flashy and rat every three years.

You cannot compare one family with the whole 'Ndrangheta. At this point, every New York family is still bigger and stronger than most 'Ndrine.

Ofcourse, the 'Ndrangheta as a whole is bigger and more powerful than the Five Families.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: Antimacy] #669292
10/07/12 11:40 AM
10/07/12 11:40 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Also the reason why there are less rats in Canada is because the justice system is way more lenient than it is in the United States.

Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: Sonny_Black] #669295
10/07/12 12:05 PM
10/07/12 12:05 PM
Quebec, Canada
vito_andolini Offline
Button
vito_andolini  Offline
Button
Quebec, Canada
And Sonny, I was thinking about that too. In Italy, given the history and culture of mafiosi in that country, are there laws there, like in Canada, that protect organize crime units, more than the strict/stern and at times sensationalist methods used in the US?
If so, we cannot necessarily hate the player (for ratting), but the country and laws in which the game is being played. To this end, being a "modern" mobster must be a more difficult gig in the US than other countries that have existing mob units.

Not just getting my stripes, something I can't talk about. Something that was ruining my whole life and he made it right. For what I owe him, I would follow that man into hell.
Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: vito_andolini] #669296
10/07/12 12:28 PM
10/07/12 12:28 PM
Montreal
T
Tonymtl Offline
Button
Tonymtl  Offline
T
Button
Montreal
Given the very strict laws on organized crime in the U.S has worked very well for the U.S govt. The US families have been weakened and diminished a great deal. This is why they don't have the capabilities globally they once had. Only getting weaker opposed to other factions outside US.

Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: Antimacy] #669298
10/07/12 01:04 PM
10/07/12 01:04 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Tonymtl, you are right that the NYC families are weakened but they are not going away any time soon. They still have power and influence and they use it in any way they can. In terms of quality they are below Canada, but because they are so entrenched in NYC and jersey with a solid recruitment base, sheer numbers will save them for years to come. Despite their setbacks they continue to show that they are an incredibly resilient organization. Evidenced by things such as mob takedown day

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: vito_andolini] #669307
10/07/12 01:55 PM
10/07/12 01:55 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: vito_andolini
Hey Guys, speaking of rats... Vito was charged and was given time because he admitted to being in the room at the time the 3 capos were killed, although never admitted to pulling the trigger.

Complete denial, or respecting the omertà, could have landed him a 25 year sentence.

Therefore, in cutting "a deal" of sorts, could Vito be considered a rat? I'm just asking the question. Don't forget that the reason Nic asked for approval to knock Paolo off was because it was an "insult" to the mafia the way in which he was dealing with the bad press he was generating and how his operations became public knowledge.

What do you guys think? I personally, don't consider Vito a "rat" per-se, but I am not an Expert at mafia omertà code.

In the strictest sense, you could argue that he violated Omerta. However, he didn't name anybody else in the crime, so he's no rat.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: Ted] #669308
10/07/12 01:58 PM
10/07/12 01:58 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
American wiseguys have made the plea deal the norm. As long as they don't allocute about the goings on of other wiseguys, then in my opinion you can't call them rats.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: Antimacy] #669312
10/07/12 02:39 PM
10/07/12 02:39 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

the genovese family kills you when you dont plea out they made it the norm they admit in court you a member of o.c mafia it been in gangland alot after 9/11 and massino flipping. the guy jonny sausage even said he was capo. the whole new england family admited they were la cosa nostra, what the hell these d.a. in boston bust a nut over it, makes there day. im surprised they didnt force the philly guys to admit the exsistence of it. danny marino and jojo corozzo wouldnt budge on admiting it the guys old school. there was 2 gambinos who took more time cause they wouldtn admit dumbasses but no dumb.

Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: pizzaboy] #669314
10/07/12 03:02 PM
10/07/12 03:02 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
American wiseguys have made the plea deal the norm. As long as they don't allocute about the goings on of other wiseguys, then in my opinion you can't call them rats.

Agreed.

Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: Antimacy] #669317
10/07/12 04:11 PM
10/07/12 04:11 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

over the on fivefamiles site they got a video of vito on the plane he aged bad but what the hell you in a cage a mile under the mountain is he going to the strip club tonite, he got no probation. pittsburg just fukd philly, i hate field goals. they dont want vito in america thats for sure, now i wonder if he switches to the gambinos and al there drug guys, maybe. there bosses from sicily dom cefulo must have had connections with vito. but after his father getting sniped i'd have every shade closed at home.

Last edited by pmac; 10/07/12 04:12 PM.
Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: pmac] #669318
10/07/12 04:18 PM
10/07/12 04:18 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
Here is a toronto star article about Vito with a couple of pictures. Huge police presence when he arrived in Toronto.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/...-day-of-freedom

It will likely be a bittersweet Thanksgiving for Canada’s top Mafia boss, Vito Rizzuto, who was whisked through Pearson airport late Friday evening by heavily armed tactical officers.

But just where he is headed is still a mystery with experts uncertain whether he will remain in Ontario to evaluate his enemies or go to Montreal to be with his family.

Author Antonio Nicaso, who has lectured police forces on organized crime, said he thought Rizzuto would quickly leave the GTA for Montreal.

Nicaso noted that Rizzuto’s family is grieving the loss of his father-in-law, who died of natural causes late last month.

Rizzuto also was unable to attend the funerals of his son and father, both of whom were murdered while he was in custody.

“He’d want to see his daughter, his son, his wife, his grandchildren,” Nicaso said Saturday.

“He’s going to grieve with his family,” said a police officer who’s very familiar with Rizzuto. “He’s not a heartless S.O.B.”

Before his arrest for his role in three gangland murders in Brooklyn in 1981, Rizzuto divided his time between Montreal and the GTA.

He frequently stayed in a GTA compound north of Vaughan that’s blocked from public view by a high hedge and steel gate, with a high-end security camera on it.

There was no sign of Rizzuto at the home on Saturday.

Police sources say it is too early to tell if Rizzuto will settle in Toronto or if he is just using Ontario as a way station to gather his strength and assess his enemies here.

Either way, he will likely maintain strong business interests in both Toronto and Montreal, a police source said.

“He’s like a general surveying his battlefield,” said the veteran GTA police Mafia investigator.

Police suspicion for some of the bloodletting against the Rizzuto clan fell on Salvatore (The Bambino Boss) Montagna, a Sicilian who rose quickly in the New York mob.

Upon his return to the Montreal area in 2009, Montagna made several trips to Toronto and Hamilton, apparently to gather support from local leaders of the Mafia strain known as the ‘Ndrangheta, who are based in Ontario and eager to wrest power away from Rizzuto.

By the end of 2011, Montagna himself was murdered. In the past two years, Montreal has also seen a wave of firebombings of Italian-owned businesses and gangland killings as the shakeup in the underworld continues.

While staying in the GTA might offer Rizzuto a brief respite, it also poses security risks — for himself and for his enemies, police said.

Mafia bosses know that right now they are under heightened police surveillance.

When police arrested four men as suspects in the slaying of Montagna, it emerged their investigation was aided in part by intercepted messages sent by what the accused assumed incorrectly were safely encrypted BlackBerry devices.

Police sources tell the Star that wiretaps and other surveillance of Montreal mob figures would also pick up conversations with their allies in Toronto.

A police source said he expects Rizzuto to soon appear in public. He has a taste for fine wine, high-end cuisine, golf and the company of attractive younger women.

“He’s gonna get cranky,” the source said. “He’s not going to hide out.”

With files from Julian Sher

Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: Antimacy] #669336
10/07/12 10:00 PM
10/07/12 10:00 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
the fact he will stay in toronto it means ndrangheta has nothing to do with him, his enemies come from montreal mafia factions or the bonanno's

Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: Antimacy] #669368
10/08/12 08:24 AM
10/08/12 08:24 AM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Well wherever he decides to stay now, for certain his final resting place is back in Agrigento. lol

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: Ted] #669375
10/08/12 09:22 AM
10/08/12 09:22 AM
Quebec, Canada
vito_andolini Offline
Button
vito_andolini  Offline
Button
Quebec, Canada
Well said.

Not just getting my stripes, something I can't talk about. Something that was ruining my whole life and he made it right. For what I owe him, I would follow that man into hell.
Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: Antimacy] #669378
10/08/12 10:18 AM
10/08/12 10:18 AM
Malmo, Sweden
Salvatore_Tessio Offline
Wiseguy
Salvatore_Tessio  Offline
Wiseguy
Malmo, Sweden
He looks old

Attached Files vito 1.jpgvito 2.jpgvito 3.jpg

We Hit Bruno Tattaglia at Four O'clock This Morning
Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: carmela] #669388
10/08/12 12:05 PM
10/08/12 12:05 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: carmela
Well wherever he decides to stay now, for certain his final resting place is back in Agrigento. lol

Members of the Manno-Cammalleri-Rizzuto clan have crypts in one wall of a mausoleum in the Le repos Saint-Francois D'Assise cemetery in Montreal. (I forget the name of the mausoleum, which began with Pais -- I should have taken better mental notes.)

Joe Lo Presti is also entombed in a crypt in the same mausoleum mentioned above. His corner crypt, approximately five feet from the floor, is on the right-hand side of a wall of crypts that is across the aisle and to the left of the wall that contains the crypts for the aforementioned clan members. Although the proximity does not provide any conclusive evidence about who Lo Presti's killers were, I have come to strongly believe that Lo Presti was killed in Montreal at the hands of Gambino members at the request of John Gotti, who of course consulted the Bonannos first -- this theory, for me, is the most plausible (but this is another subject for another time.)

Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: antimafia] #669392
10/08/12 12:47 PM
10/08/12 12:47 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: antimafia

Members of the Manno-Cammalleri-Rizzuto clan have crypts in one wall of a mausoleum in the Le repos Saint-Francois D'Assise cemetery in Montreal. (I forget the name of the mausoleum, which began with Pais -- I should have taken better mental notes.)

Joe Lo Presti is also entombed in a crypt in the same mausoleum mentioned above. His corner crypt, approximately five feet from the floor, is on the right-hand side of a wall of crypts that is across the aisle and to the left of the wall that contains the crypts for the aforementioned clan members. Although the proximity does not provide any conclusive evidence about who Lo Presti's killers were, I have come to strongly believe that Lo Presti was killed in Montreal at the hands of Gambino members at the request of John Gotti, who of course consulted the Bonannos first -- this theory, for me, is the most plausible (but this is another subject for another time.)

Thanks for this.
Yes, I was aware that many of the M-C-R clan have crypts in Montreal, but I was just making a half joke that whether Sicily gets their hands on Vito on his own two feet in handcuffs, or dead in a box, he's coming back to Sicily either way, being that his crypt is in cattolica eraclea.

So where is Vito's father-in-law being buried now? Montreal, I assume?

Last edited by carmela; 10/08/12 12:47 PM.

Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: carmela] #669398
10/08/12 01:17 PM
10/08/12 01:17 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
[snip]

Thanks for this.
Yes, I was aware that many of the M-C-R clan have crypts in Montreal, but I was just making a half joke that whether Sicily gets their hands on Vito on his own two feet in handcuffs, or dead in a box, he's coming back to Sicily either way, being that his crypt is in cattolica eraclea.

So where is Vito's father-in-law being buried now? Montreal, I assume?

Leonardo Cammalleri's funeral was held last Friday in Montreal. A number of English-language newspaper articles incorrectly reported his first name as Antonio, and they were also wrong about the funeral's taking place in Woodbridge, an Italian-Canadian enclave immediately north of Toronto.

That wall of crypts in the mausoleum is massive, and I saw there were a lot of unoccupied ones. Nevertheless, I know that Cammalleri's wife, Angela, who passed away on January 5, 2009, was laid to rest at the aforementioned cemetery. We can safely assume she and her husband have a shared crypt.

I can double check but I'm also fairly certain that Nick Jr. and Nick Sr. were also laid to rest at the same cemetery.

Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: antimafia] #669409
10/08/12 03:04 PM
10/08/12 03:04 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: antimafia
[snip]

Leonardo Cammalleri's funeral was held last Friday in Montreal. A number of English-language newspaper articles incorrectly reported his first name as Antonio, and they were also wrong about the funeral's taking place in Woodbridge, an Italian-Canadian enclave immediately north of Toronto.

That wall of crypts in the mausoleum is massive, and I saw there were a lot of unoccupied ones. Nevertheless, I know that Cammalleri's wife, Angela, who passed away on January 5, 2009, was laid to rest at the aforementioned cemetery. We can safely assume she and her husband have a shared crypt.

I can double check but I'm also fairly certain that Nick Jr. and Nick Sr. were also laid to rest at the same cemetery.

carmela:

I forgot to mention, although you may have remembered my writing the following a few years ago in a RealDeal post, that Nino Manno shares a crypt with his wife, Giuseppa Cammalleri, in the same mausoleum.

Given he died in 1980 and she died in 1991, I don't know whether each or both were living in Montreal at the time of their deaths. That is, maybe one or both were living in Cattolica Eraclea at the time of their deaths and were then flown to Montreal.

I suspect you and I are familiar with the experience of knowing an older Sicilian relative who was buried only to have the grave dug up years later and the coffin moved elsehwere because that person's relative wants the decedent moved.

Incidentally, I checked the cemetery website and discovered that although Leonardo Cammalleri and his wife, Nick Jr., and Nick Sr. are all laid to rest in this cemetery, all four are in a different section from the one Manno and his wife are in, with Nick Jr. and Nick Sr. being in a different section from Cammalleri and his wife:

Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: Antimacy] #669422
10/08/12 04:08 PM
10/08/12 04:08 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Thanks antimafia. I do have some recollection of you posting that on Real Deal; although it's vague and seems like a hundred years ago.
Very interesting on the cemetery website. I guess it seems plausible that Vito and his wife may not be laid to rest in the crypt they have purchased in Agrigento then.

Quote:
I suspect you and I are familiar with the experience of knowing an older Sicilian relative who was buried only to have the grave dug up years later and the coffin moved elsehwere because that person's relative wants the decedent moved.

Absolutely. wink

Re: Rizzuto Released. [Re: carmela] #669429
10/08/12 04:41 PM
10/08/12 04:41 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Thanks antimafia. I do have some recollection of you posting that on Real Deal; although it's vague and seems like a hundred years ago.
Very interesting on the cemetery website. I guess it seems plausible that Vito and his wife may not be laid to rest in the crypt they have purchased in Agrigento then.

Quote:

Absolutely. wink

If you write that Vito and Giovanna have made prior funeral arrangements that involve these two being laid to rest in Agrigento, then this is definitely something I will investigate. Many are speculating about where they will move to -- their house in Montreal that's been on sale for a while and that was recently relisted has apparently been unoccupied for about a year now.

Vito meeting New Yorkers in Toronto? [Re: antimafia] #669552
10/09/12 01:48 PM
10/09/12 01:48 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
There have been two articles published since yesterday evening about Vito's possibly meeting in Toronto with crime figures from New York. The publisher of both articles, one in French and one in English, is ultimately the same.

Link:

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/09/rizzuto-meeting-new-york-crime-figures-in-toronto-source

Excerpt:

Rizzuto meeting New York crime figures in Toronto: Source
QMI AGENCY
FIRST POSTED: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 09, 2012 11:42 AM EDT | UPDATED: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 09, 2012 11:46 AM EDT

MONTREAL - Sources tell QMI Agency that Montreal Mafia don Vito Rizzuto has been busy since his return to Canada last week, meeting New York crime figures in Toronto.

The 66-year-old was released from a Colorado prison after serving six years for his part in a 1981 mob hit, and was flown to Toronto on Friday.

So far, Rizzuto has decided to not return to his Montreal homebase, which was thrown into chaos following Rizzuto's arrest in 2004.

His father, son and several associates have been killed in the past three years, reportedly by Toronto-area rivals.

But sources have said Rizzuto also has allies in Canada's largest city, along with relatives.

Former Montreal police investigator Richard Dupuis tells QMI that the Mafia landscape is not the same as it was in 2004.

"In eight years, organized crime and changed, as has its methods, networking and support," said Dupuis.

Rizzuto could try to make peace with his enemies, seek revenge for recent assassinations or simply retire, though analysts say the latter option is unlikely.

Meanwhile, Montreal police are keeping a close eye on "Rizzuto Row," the line of north-end luxury homes that stand as symbols of the besieged crime family's reign.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull