GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Irishman12, 2 invisible), 242 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,901
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,328
Posts1,058,719
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What's goin on here? #668910
10/05/12 02:03 AM
10/05/12 02:03 AM
Long Island, NY
B
Brickhouse Offline OP
Wiseguy
Brickhouse  Offline OP
B
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
Longtime viewer.... Very rare poster... Am I not the only one sitting back and seeing this forum being dominated by the inundation of articles by certain posters and very rarely having posts of intellectual or interesting significance regarding organized crime? Perhaps I'm off topic, perhaps im speaking out of turn but I felt I just had to say something. Used to post back on Rick porello's site when we had posters anywhere from the controversial picasso to guys that r probably long gone like Lenny from Bayonne, guys who brought insight into OC... In my personal life I don't have enough time to carry on topics on a day to day basis but I always got much out of the knowledge of the consistent posters on this site...Scrolling back and seeing the interesting topics, knowledge, effort and insight being put in consistently in the past as compared to now worries me. To see guys put in such serious effort on this site and to see it get so watered down now just worries me. I just don't want to see this site go the way of Rick Porellos site, which was absolutely avant garde in its time. im not an organized crime expert... Im just a guy who likes to see interesting convo on topics.... It would just be nice to get back to task rather than to see the endless posting of article after article that rarely cause a thought provoking or interesting conversation.... Flame me all u want.... Just my observation as someone who greatly respects the knowledgable and streetwise posters on here and is seeking more interesting convo in the future. Cheers.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those of us who have hunted armed men and like it, care for nothing else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway
Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Brickhouse] #668911
10/05/12 02:13 AM
10/05/12 02:13 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Im not flamin or anything,but its nice just to sit back and say that you need more informative articles...and belive me youre not the only one

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Brickhouse] #668912
10/05/12 02:17 AM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo
I can see where your coming from and agree to a degree.

Where I disagree is the posting of articles. It's necessary and appropriate to the site to keep up to date. Not to mention most of those articles are written by opinionated experts, like Adrian Humphreys, who offers some of that street level insight your looking for.

Where I agree though is that there seems to have been a mass exodus of the posters who brought a certain insight/perspective and educated information. They still come and go but I think in the past month or so they've lost interest do to the overwhelming childish posts from certain members. And I don't mean to insult these members, but they are definitely talking with knowledge gained from Goodfellas and the Godfather and maybe reading a few chapters of Donnie Brasco at their High School's library.

Overall I understand what your saying

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Brickhouse] #668913
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Hey, I agree with you. And things WILL be addressed because I'm getting sick and tired of the b.s. (that does NOT originate from this site) as well. It's immature, embarrassing, and frankly, disgusting! And after I get to the bottom of it all, it will not longer be tolerated here!!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Toodoped] #668916
10/05/12 02:40 AM
10/05/12 02:40 AM
Long Island, NY
B
Brickhouse Offline OP
Wiseguy
Brickhouse  Offline OP
B
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
Originally Posted By: Toodoped
Im not flamin or anything,but its nice just to sit back and say that you need more informative articles...and belive me youre not the only one

I need less of the informative articles... I can google them or go on numerous other sites set up just for that.. Just saying... This site will do fine enough without people thinking they are the ministers of information on organized crime by finding the most obscure article on OC and think it'll somehow get them ahead in the forum world.. It has driven those that have actual insider info and/or insight away. It's well intentioned but tiring. On the other hand there are posters who literally come on here and think bc they read selwyn raab's "five families" they can debate IvyLeague or pizzaboy or try to debate carmela...It's such ashame bc these r the guys that literally keep this site interesting... I'm done ranting and I appreciate the positive feedback even tho I'm not "one of the boys". Lets get back to OC

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those of us who have hunted armed men and like it, care for nothing else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway
Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Brickhouse] #668918
10/05/12 03:02 AM
10/05/12 03:02 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: Brickhouse

I need less of the informative articles... I can google them or go on numerous other sites set up just for that.. Just saying... This site will do fine enough without people thinking they are the ministers of information on organized crime by finding the most obscure article on OC and think it'll somehow get them ahead in the forum world.. It has driven those that have actual insider info and/or insight away. It's well intentioned but tiring. On the other hand there are posters who literally come on here and think bc they read selwyn raab's "five families" they can debate IvyLeague or pizzaboy or try to debate carmela...It's such ashame bc these r the guys that literally keep this site interesting... I'm done ranting and I appreciate the positive feedback even tho I'm not "one of the boys". Lets get back to OC

Most of the ppl that come here are with purpose to discuss things,i know there are some ppl here that lived the life and you cant argue with them....BUT there are some ppl here that think they know a lot of things cuz they saw a mobster in a restaurant or something or hang out for a min or two and read a lot of books and look for more inside info cuz history is soooo boring for em,but i have respect form em too,the only thing that makes me vomit are posts like "What kind of underwear mobsters use"...btw i dont know how smart is to look for inside info on todays mobsters and telling stuff on public forums,stuff that maybe even the FBI doesnt know about,i mean you live in the US,i dont cool

Last edited by Toodoped; 10/05/12 03:09 AM.

Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Toodoped] #668922
10/05/12 03:11 AM
10/05/12 03:11 AM
Long Island, NY
B
Brickhouse Offline OP
Wiseguy
Brickhouse  Offline OP
B
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
Sometimes points and innuendo are lost on people.

Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Brickhouse] #668923
10/05/12 03:13 AM
10/05/12 03:13 AM
Long Island, NY
B
Brickhouse Offline OP
Wiseguy
Brickhouse  Offline OP
B
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
Anyway i made my point.... Topic closed for me as far as I'm concerned... Hope to see more interesting convo soon...

Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Brickhouse] #668933
10/05/12 05:57 AM
10/05/12 05:57 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
I think the one major problem is that alot of new posters wont use the search function, so you get alot of regurgitated topics that have already been covered in depth. Im sure im guilty of the same thing evry now and then. I do post articles, im mostly interested in the drug trade, so ill post stuff about street gangs and other groups which i feel is allot more relevant in todays underworld. Its good to have a variety of subjects rather than just the mafia and people talking about what happened during world war 2 for the hundredth time.

Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Brickhouse] #668946
10/05/12 07:08 AM
10/05/12 07:08 AM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
I agree 100% with Brickhouse about all the outdated articles being posted. While interesting, they are way outdated and just being pulled from other sites and things that we could go find on our own. They don't provoke any conversation and all they're doing is watering down the topics we had/have going with decent conversation. Good topics are getting pushed way to the back pages and hard to find.
Recent articles and breaking news are one thing; those provoke conversation, but the old stuff that is just from..say..Thom Jones archives, or something, are not doing anything for the site.

As far as the rest goes...Brickhouse, these aren't the days of the old sites b/c American mafia (OC, not the site) isn't what it was back then. There are no secrets anymore in this country. We don't need insider info cause there isn't anything "inside" about it anymore. There are no "Operation Old Bridge" going down anymore. So what's really to discuss except rehashed, regurgitated, bullshit. So, inevitably, it will deter into, "who's the meanest, tallest, ugliest" mobster kind of talk. What else is there?
I'm just here for the open bar, mainly. Not many people can read italian, or know enough on mafia over there for there to generate any discussion, and that's a shame b/c it could make a lot more discussion. There is a TON of stuff daily happening there, but I can't read it all, translate it and bring it over, it's not worth it when nobody really gets it anyway.

Anyway, the flood of old articles is not drumming up any discussion and I do feel we could just go find those on our own and read if we chose to. Personally, I can't sit thru reading them anyway.

My name is Carmela and I approve this message.

Last edited by carmela; 10/05/12 07:09 AM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: What's goin on here? [Re: carmela] #668968
10/05/12 10:08 AM
10/05/12 10:08 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Dont you realize that there are young people comming here and want to know history about crime and other stuff,so they need to start from some where,so my opinion is that there should be a lot of new stuff bout what is goin on in todays org.crime and history too...i know yall bored reading about WWII but remember yall not the only ones in this world that know everything,others have the right too....so my opinion is why dont the moderators open a link with new stuff and one link with history...so the elders wont have to read the old stuff...a?pls dont get me wrong,but all the ppl that live in NY or Philly or some place else should post more stuff,not just comment on ppl posts and correcting them,i mean i live 10000000 miles of the shores of the US so how can i write about whats goin on in todays Genovese crime family but i can argue about history for sure cuz i know most of yall didnt even existed back than wink cool

Last edited by Toodoped; 10/05/12 10:16 AM.

Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Toodoped] #669099
10/05/12 09:55 PM
10/05/12 09:55 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Dont you realize that there are young people comming here and want to know history about crime and other stuff,so they need to start from some where,so my opinion is that there should be a lot of new stuff bout what is goin on in todays org.crime and history too...i know yall bored reading about WWII but remember yall not the only ones in this world that know everything,others have the right too....so my opinion is why dont the moderators open a link with new stuff and one link with history...so the elders wont have to read the old stuff...a?pls dont get me wrong,but all the ppl that live in NY or Philly or some place else should post more stuff,not just comment on ppl posts and correcting them,i mean i live 10000000 miles of the shores of the US so how can i write about whats goin on in todays Genovese crime family but i can argue about history for sure cuz i know most of yall didnt even existed back than wink cool

My name is Carmela and I canNOT approve this message.

Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Brickhouse] #669100
10/05/12 10:21 PM
10/05/12 10:21 PM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo
If there's one thing that will never change around here, its Carmela's unique and extremely intimidating sass.

May God Have Mercy On Us All.

Love,

Montague

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: What's goin on here? [Re: carmela] #669102
10/05/12 11:24 PM
10/05/12 11:24 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: carmela

My name is Carmela and I canNOT approve this message.
i know you love to argue lady but i wont,cuz the only thing that im scared of is a argument with a woman wink cool

Last edited by Toodoped; 10/05/12 11:27 PM.

Re: What's goin on here? [Re: carmela] #669103
10/06/12 12:46 AM
10/06/12 12:46 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: carmela
We don't need insider info cause there isn't anything "inside" about it anymore.

I respectfully disagree, that is if I understand what you're saying. There is still enough of mystique surounding the various mafia families. For example, we still do not know who's really in charge in the Genovese family, now or thirty years ago, we still do not fully understand how an individual like Montagna rose to the position of boss at age 37, not to mention the ongoings in Montreal since he arrived there. We do not know the true status of some of the families who are thought to be on the brink of extinction, like Buffalo or Detroit. We do not know who killed Sam Giancana or what happened to Jimmy Hoffa other than speculations. We're still trying to figure out the relations and dealings between certain individuals in the United States, Canada and Italy and how much influence the so called "zip" factions have in the Gambino and Bonanno families. There are still many questions to be answered.

My name isn't Sonny Black, but I do approve of this message.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: What's goin on here? [Re: EddieCoyle] #669104
10/06/12 12:49 AM
10/06/12 12:49 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Montague
If there's one thing that will never change around here, its Carmela's unique and extremely intimidating sass.

Love,

Montague

She's the Godmother. People come to her and pay their respects. Sooner or later, she's going to be in charge.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Brickhouse] #669110
10/06/12 05:02 AM
10/06/12 05:02 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Amen

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Toodoped] #669114
10/06/12 05:07 AM
10/06/12 05:07 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss

Thats why i was saying they should use the search tool, they will get more out of it and they can just add on to the discussion.

Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Scorsese] #669122
10/06/12 07:43 AM
10/06/12 07:43 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: Scorsese

Thats why i was saying they should use the search tool, they will get more out of it and they can just add on to the discussion.

True,a lot of ppl dont use the search button,but ill say it again i think there should be a part about history and part about present stuff,not that i really need it but some ppl here have problems with articles about history and i can understand them cuz they are on this forum for a long time and they got bored by reading almost the same articles over and over again...or as Sonny_Black sad theres a lot of unclear stories in the past so there are a lot ppl wondering about thouse stuff so well keep it goin!peace cool

Last edited by Toodoped; 10/06/12 07:48 AM.

Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Sonny_Black] #669560
10/09/12 02:17 PM
10/09/12 02:17 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
With apologies to the Usual Suspects, and not trying to make anyone mad....

"Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is a mad Carmela."

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: Montague

Love,

Montague

She's the Godmother. People come to her and pay their respects. Sooner or later, she's going to be in charge.

Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Brickhouse] #669562
10/09/12 02:29 PM
10/09/12 02:29 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
I don't post here like i did in the past.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: What's goin on here? [Re: Strax] #669567
10/09/12 02:53 PM
10/09/12 02:53 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Strax
I don't post here like i did in the past.

Thanks for the head's up.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull