GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, m2w, 1 invisible), 228 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,391
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Stanley Tucci Cookbook #668759
10/04/12 07:42 AM
10/04/12 07:42 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
This looked interesting.
Stanley Tucci: Actor, Writer, Cook

Dining Slide Show

To appreciate how much food means to the actor Stanley Tucci and his extended family, you have to hear the stories about his maternal grandmother, Concetta Tropiano, who pickled her own tomatoes, canned her own pears, curdled her own ricotta, brewed her own beer and fattened her own chickens, rabbits and goats in Verplanck, N.Y., about an hour’s drive north of Manhattan.

You have to hear in particular about her doughy twilight, when death came knocking but she was too busy with focaccia to answer the door.

This was in the mid-1990s, when she was in her late 80s. A stroke mostly paralyzed her left arm, limiting her kitchen work. She nonetheless insisted on doing something as she recovered, and used the kneading of dough as therapy, the making of pizza — and focaccia — as rehabilitation.

About a year after the stroke, a devastating infection forced the amputation of her left leg. Relatives gathered to comfort her as she emerged from surgery.

“To cheer her up, we asked her to tell us, again, how to make stuffed artichokes,” recalled Joan Tucci, her daughter and Stanley’s mother. “She went through the whole thing.”

“I thought the nurse was going to die,” Mrs. Tucci added. “Only an Italian would talk about food at a time like this.”

Mrs. Tucci lost her mother in 1997, when Mrs. Tropiano was 88. But Mrs. Tropiano’s legacy endures, in part through “The Tucci Cookbook,” a paean to Italian cooking — and to Italian-American families — that is being published next week.

It includes recipes from the Tropiano and Tucci sides of the clan, both of which have roots in Calabria, in southern Italy. It reflects the year in the early 1970s when Joan Tucci and her husband, Stanley Sr., temporarily moved their children to Florence, became familiar with northern Italian cooking and fell hard for lasagne verde. It bows to “Big Night,” a 1996 movie, set in an Italian-American restaurant, that Stanley Tucci not only acted in but also helped write and direct. The movie, in fact, inspired a previous, shorter, less glossy version of “The Tucci Cookbook,” titled “Cucina & Famiglia.”...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Stanley Tucci Cookbook [Re: Lilo] #668778
10/04/12 12:19 PM
10/04/12 12:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Nice, Lilo. I was going to post this myself but you beat me to it. You'll remember that "Big Night" is my favorite independent film ever. Tucci proved that you can make a great film about Italian Americans without mentioning the Mafia.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Stanley Tucci Cookbook [Re: Lilo] #668782
10/04/12 12:55 PM
10/04/12 12:55 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I love Stanley Tucci, and some of his films are my favorite: "Devil Wears Prada", "Easy A" and "Shall We Dance". However, my favorite of his about Italian-American families is "The Whole Shebang". This cookbook sounds terrific.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Stanley Tucci Cookbook [Re: pizzaboy] #668811
10/04/12 06:13 PM
10/04/12 06:13 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Nice, Lilo. I was going to post this myself but you beat me to it. You'll remember that "Big Night" is my favorite independent film ever. Tucci proved that you can make a great film about Italian Americans without mentioning the Mafia.

I figured you would have seen that article PB. Good stuff.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Stanley Tucci Cookbook [Re: Lilo] #668812
10/04/12 06:15 PM
10/04/12 06:15 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I figured you would have seen that article PB. Good stuff.

I think you may have been Italian in a past life, Lilo whistle.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Stanley Tucci Cookbook [Re: Lilo] #668818
10/04/12 06:48 PM
10/04/12 06:48 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
lol

Winter is Coming

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull