GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (CNote, 1 invisible), 258 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,352
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
USA vs Canada #666963
09/20/12 08:31 PM
09/20/12 08:31 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
There was a time when the power of the USA mafia (Italian descended) was unrivaled by anyone with the exception of the groups in Italy. Families were in New York, Chicago, Philly, Cleveland, Detroit, New England, Jersey, LA, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, etc.
Law enforcement started to crack down in the eighties and nineties, and now they're influence is held in check outside of the Northeast and Chicago. But what about Canada? We all know the story of the Rizzuto's rise to power in the seventies and becoming the Godfathers of Canada and then their fall within the last few years. But even with the war in Montreal mob influence is still strong and now reports are coming in that the Calabrian Mafia has a solid presence in the GTA. So it would seem that the tide has flipped.
Is it true that the Italian Mafia in Canada has surpassed the one in the USA? Thoughts?

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: USA vs Canada [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #666964
09/20/12 08:46 PM
09/20/12 08:46 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
There was a time when the power of the USA mafia (Italian descended) was unrivaled by anyone with the exception of the groups in Italy. Families were in New York, Chicago, Philly, Cleveland, Detroit, New England, Jersey, LA, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, etc.
Law enforcement started to crack down in the eighties and nineties, and now they're influence is held in check outside of the Northeast and Chicago. But what about Canada? We all know the story of the Rizzuto's rise to power in the seventies and becoming the Godfathers of Canada and then their fall within the last few years. But even with the war in Montreal mob influence is still strong and now reports are coming in that the Calabrian Mafia has a solid presence in the GTA. So it would seem that the tide has flipped.
Is it true that the Italian Mafia in Canada has surpassed the one in the USA? Thoughts?

Are you actually asking if LCN in Canada has surpassed the US? If so the answer is no but you haven't specified in what sense so it could be yes but in most categories the answer is no. Possibly this will happen in the next 5-10 year but atm it's far from it.

Re: USA vs Canada [Re: Camarel] #666965
09/20/12 08:50 PM
09/20/12 08:50 PM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Camarel

Are you actually asking if LCN in Canada has surpassed the US? If so the answer is no but you haven't specified in what sense so it could be yes but in most categories the answer is no. Possibly this will happen in the next 5-10 year but atm it's far from it.

How so? Show me an American family making the amount of money, or wielding the amount of power that the Heroin importers in Quebec don't surpass.
I wouldn't even call it a Canadian mob, they are mostly Italian born/raised (the real money makers that is) who come here for our lax laws and sentences.

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: USA vs Canada [Re: EddieCoyle] #666966
09/20/12 08:59 PM
09/20/12 08:59 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Montague
Originally Posted By: Camarel

How so? Show me an American family making the amount of money, or wielding the amount of power that the Heroin importers in Quebec don't surpass.
I wouldn't even call it a Canadian mob, they are mostly Italian born/raised (the real money makers that is) who come here for our lax laws and sentences.

By saying US and Canadian i was clearly talking about all LCN activity in both countries in comparison .

Re: USA vs Canada [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #666967
09/20/12 09:04 PM
09/20/12 09:04 PM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo
HEY LISTEN HERE CAMAREL

Yeah I misread that, my mistake tongue

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: USA vs Canada [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #666969
09/20/12 09:14 PM
09/20/12 09:14 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Camarel I meant more in the sense that the Canadian mafia (espeically in the GTA) holds more influence than the US. Only in New York does the mob still infliltrate Unions, bribe officials, are heavily involved in construction and maybe are somewhat involved in the drug trade. Philly, NE, NJ, and chicago are basically loansharking, gambling, extortion, maybe some labor racketeering, money laundering and the occasional murder. But it seems the Mob in Canada runs without as much pressure as it does in the US. The FBI are constantly trying to bust these guys. In Canada how many cases do you hear of Joey the Ballbreaker getting 5 years on extortion charges?

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: USA vs Canada [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #666971
09/20/12 10:20 PM
09/20/12 10:20 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Camarel I meant more in the sense that the Canadian mafia (espeically in the GTA) holds more influence than the US. Only in New York does the mob still infliltrate Unions, bribe officials, are heavily involved in construction and maybe are somewhat involved in the drug trade. Philly, NE, NJ, and chicago are basically loansharking, gambling, extortion, maybe some labor racketeering, money laundering and the occasional murder. But it seems the Mob in Canada runs without as much pressure as it does in the US. The FBI are constantly trying to bust these guys. In Canada how many cases do you hear of Joey the Ballbreaker getting 5 years on extortion charges?

After listing the various things the NorthEast mobs are involved in this is what you say about the Canadians - But it seems the Mob in Canada runs without as much pressure as it does in the US. The FBI are constantly trying to bust these guys. In Canada how many cases do you hear of Joey the Ballbreaker getting 5 years on extortion charges?- it switched from how the US LCN make money without a comparison to the Canadian equivalent to an arrest comparison between the 2. Also this - Camarel I meant more in the sense that the Canadian mafia (espeically in the GTA) holds more influence than the US. Doesn't explain what you meant. More influence in what sense? I apologize if i've missed the point entirely but i still don't understand what you're saying . Everything else you said has nothing to do with Canada imo.

Last edited by Camarel; 09/20/12 10:22 PM.
Re: USA vs Canada [Re: Camarel] #667351
09/23/12 08:39 AM
09/23/12 08:39 AM
Antonio Offline
Made Member
Antonio  Offline
Made Member
From what I've read and seen on various documentaries such as : The Firth Estate, Crime pays (Montreal's Rizzuto clan) this documentary explains how powerful and ruthless the clans in Canada really are. For so long, the Rizzuto's reigned over their Calabrian rivals and until recently they controlled the drugs trade, bookmaking, Loan sharking, extortion and many other activities undisturbed. They even have links with dirty politicians on a national level and are involved heavily in the construction industry and have infiltrated the economy over there.

I'd say in terms of power really, the canadians have the best Italian criminals.

Tony Soprano : I thought I told you to back off Beansie!

Richie Aprile : I did, Then I put it in drive..
Re: USA vs Canada [Re: EddieCoyle] #667355
09/23/12 09:40 AM
09/23/12 09:40 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Montague

The Heroin importers are something of the past, because nowadays most of the Heroin is imported into the US across the Mexican border.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: USA vs Canada [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #675675
11/10/12 10:47 AM
11/10/12 10:47 AM
tommykarate Offline
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline
Underboss
Im sure there are still big importers in the states and canada its not all comb from Mexico.maybe the majority but not all

One thing about wiseguys...the hustle never ends.-tony soprano
Re: USA vs Canada [Re: tommykarate] #675786
11/10/12 05:08 PM
11/10/12 05:08 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
75% comes through Mexico and the other 25% originates from sources in South Asia, a significant proportion of which will pass through Canada on its way to the US.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: USA vs Canada [Re: Antonio] #675795
11/10/12 05:46 PM
11/10/12 05:46 PM
J
jackbottoxxx Offline
Wiseguy
jackbottoxxx  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: Antonio
From what I've read and seen on various documentaries such as : The Firth Estate, Crime pays (Montreal's Rizzuto clan) this documentary explains how powerful and ruthless the clans in Canada really are. For so long, the Rizzuto's reigned over their Calabrian rivals and until recently they controlled the drugs trade, bookmaking, Loan sharking, extortion and many other activities undisturbed. They even have links with dirty politicians on a national level and are involved heavily in the construction industry and have infiltrated the economy over there.

I'd say in terms of power really, the canadians have the best Italian criminals.

to the point that the mayors of MONTREAL and i think... Laval, have now, resigned due to their connections to the OC.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull