GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke), 403 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,679
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,223
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,520
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,391
Posts1,060,025
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book #666300
09/16/12 01:39 AM
09/16/12 01:39 AM
EddieCoyle Offline OP
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline OP
Capo
From The New York Daily News

Rita Gigante was 16 years old before she found out she was a Mafia princess. Life with father, as she describes it in her new memoir “The Godfather’s Daughter: An Unlikely Story of Love, Healing and Redemption,” was far more rough than royal. Vincent Gigante famously wandered Greenwich Village in his bathrobe, passing himself off as a paranoid schizophrenic to fool the Feds. They knew him for what he was, the boss of the Genovese crime family, the reputed head of the Five Families of New York. Sentenced to 12 years, he died in jail in 2005. Here Rita tells of her own violent awakening to the truth and how she was forced to join the masquerade.

BY RITA GIGANTE

I was now a 16-year-old tenth grader at Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan and in no mood to hear that Tina, a popular girl — famous for her acid-washed jeans and over-gelled hair — was spreading rumors about my family. My best friend had heard her big mouth from down the hall.

“Tina’s talkin’ s--- again,” Madison told me during chemistry class. “She’s down the hall and is going around the whole school calling you — get this — a Mafia princess!”

Madison continued, breathlessly, “Tina’s telling everybody that your family is . . . connected.”

Something inside of me snapped. Maybe, I later imagined, it was Dad’s paranoid schizophrenia finally kicking in and taking over.

“Where is she?” I asked Madison.

“She always goes into the bathroom with her friends.”

I hatched my plan in seconds.

“Okay. I’m going to follow them into the bathroom, and you’re going to stay outside and keep watch. Don’t let anybody in,” I instructed. “I need to straighten her out. I’ve had enough of this s---.”

Vincent Gigante started boxing at 16, winning 21 of his 25 fights.

My voice had a chilling finality to it that I’d heard in my father’s voice many times before, and it made me shiver. We waited outside the bathroom door until only Tina and her friends were inside. I went in, positioning myself against the sink, arms crossed.

Tina’s two friends came out from the stalls first, armed with lip gloss and making their way to the mirror.

“Get out,” I said, glaring at them. “Now.”

They scurried out without a word, so quick to betray their leader.

A minute later I heard a flush and Tina cracked open the stall door an inch, her eyes darting around as she searched for her minions.

“They’re gone,” I told her.

Tina opened the door wider and made a move to slip by me.

“Let me ask you something, Tina,” I said, stepping in her way. “How many f------ times do you have to talk about me and my family?”

Read more: Source Article Includes 4 More Pages

Last edited by Montague; 09/16/12 01:41 AM.

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666338
09/16/12 12:55 PM
09/16/12 12:55 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Good article. Although I can't stand all these children of mobsters writing books about their private lives, but whatever.
I always love to hear about a head hitting a porcelain sink, so it was a good read.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666343
09/16/12 01:17 PM
09/16/12 01:17 PM
EddieCoyle Offline OP
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline OP
Capo
How old were you when you first beat up a fellow student in the girls room?

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666374
09/16/12 05:27 PM
09/16/12 05:27 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Montague
How old were you when you first beat up a fellow student in the girls room?

Funny guy. Never. wink

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666384
09/16/12 06:12 PM
09/16/12 06:12 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
interesting,i will check this book out tomorrow at barnes and noble

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666391
09/16/12 08:07 PM
09/16/12 08:07 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i read the daily news article its ok, she listend to alot to springsteen. i guess it will be a way better book then vic gooti's. the lady seems smart other then her talking to the dead, she seems legit willing to tell the truth and not b.s. i watch the little video to she comes across as truthfull. i dont know, but the jets cant score tonite.

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666395
09/16/12 08:58 PM
09/16/12 08:58 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
This whole business about writing books/articles about your mafioso father or husband, and your upbringing and life is just wrong. What happened in your family should stay in your family. I hate any of these people that write books about their life growing up with their fathers, or husbands.

My name is Carmela and I approve this message.

Last edited by carmela; 09/16/12 08:58 PM.

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: carmela] #666420
09/16/12 10:47 PM
09/16/12 10:47 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
I burst into her house, flushed and out of breath.

“What happened to you?” she asked, startled. She eyed my T-shirt, speckled with Tina’s blood.

“I’m hearing all this s--- at school about my father,” I said, talking at a rapid-fire pace, “and I need to know the truth. No one in my family will tell me. Please, I need you to tell me!”

“What is it exactly that you want to know, Rita?” she asked.

“Please, tell me. What exactly does my dad do?”

“You don’t know who he is or how far his hand reaches?”

“What? Oh for God’s sake . . . just . . .”

“All right.” She slid her chair closer and lowered her voice. “Rita, you know how there are five families in organized crime in New York?”

“No.”

I sat there, dazed, as she explained the five clans of the Mafia — Lucchese, Genovese, Gambino, Bonanno, and Colombo.

“From what I’ve been told, your father is the boss of the Genovese crime family.”

My jaw dropped. “The boss?”

“And that’s not all.”

God, there’s more?

“He’s not just the head of the family,” she continued, “he might be the head of the commission.”

“What does that mean?”

“The head of the commission is the boss of all five families. It means he’d have power over the entire organization. If anyone wants to do anything big, they’d need your father’s permission.”

That whole conversation sounds like a load of bullshit.

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: BarrettM] #666439
09/17/12 09:52 AM
09/17/12 09:52 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
She's a hippie dyke nutjob who never gave her father anything but grief. Trust me on that wink.

As far as kids writing "tell-all" books about their parents?

Well, it's not mutually excusive to the Mafia. It's a disgrace in any walk of life. From Hollywood brats to Sullivan Street lesbians. If your father's a lowly garbage man and you badmouth him to a stranger, you're a piece of human fucking garbage.

Family is family, and I tell my kids as much. I did something right, two are grown and one is in high school. And none of them would badmouth me or my wife, that's for sure.

Antoinette Giancana, Victoria Gotti and now Rita Gigante. A long line of proud and strong mob brats rolleyes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666444
09/17/12 11:35 AM
09/17/12 11:35 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

you 2 are right.

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: pizzaboy] #666451
09/17/12 12:52 PM
09/17/12 12:52 PM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
She's a hippie dyke nutjob who never gave her father anything but grief. Trust me on that wink.

As fas as kids writing "tell-all" books about their parents?

Well, it's not mutually excusive to the Mafia. It's a disgrace in any walk of life. From Hollywood brats to Sullivan Street lesbians. If your father's a lowly garbage man and you badmouth him to a stranger, you're a piece of human fucking garbage.

Family is family, and I tell my kids as much. I did something right, two are grown and one is in high school. And none of them would badmouth me or my wife, that's for sure.

Antoinette Giancana, Victoria Gotti and now Rita Gigante. A long line of proud and strong mob brats rolleyes.

+1.

I always wonder what the motivation is for family members who write tell all books. Usually it is greed - they need the check. The common themes in the mafia family books is "I did not know", "I had no idea", "I am a victim too", "I never dreamed he could be violent", "I never dreamed he hurt anyone", "he may have hurt other people but he was gentle with me", and my all time favorite, "he was a loving father / husband / boyfriend who treated me like a prince / princess".

I ain't buying any of the last one. Victoria Gotti makes John Gotti Sr out to be Father of the Year, every day. I come from a large family and have lived with a lot of people - every one is an asshole at least once a week. John Gottti's character is what it was - he was an asshole at home too.

That is what ticks me off about these family tell all's - they do not set the record straight because they are inherently biased. They do give insight to carefully selected private family events.

These books give the author a podium (or maybe a loudspeaker), a paycheck and a self serving chance to portray themselves and their public loved one, how they want the world to see them.

I will get off my podium now. Carmela, please approve this message too.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.
Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666452
09/17/12 01:11 PM
09/17/12 01:11 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
So is this book worth getting?

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666495
09/17/12 06:30 PM
09/17/12 06:30 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
The thing about this book is its about chins private life.I want to know about the shit he did to get that high up he must of personaly whacked at least 20 guys in the 50s and 60s

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666500
09/17/12 07:38 PM
09/17/12 07:38 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Message is approved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud3mMj0AZZk

lol I couldn't resist.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: pizzaboy] #666503
09/17/12 07:44 PM
09/17/12 07:44 PM
EddieCoyle Offline OP
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline OP
Capo
She's a hippie dyke nutjob who never gave her father anything but grief.

That sounds like the beginning of the Movie versions tag line.

She's a hippie dyke nutjob. He's a maniacal devious Mob Boss. Together they're a HIT!

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666538
09/17/12 10:36 PM
09/17/12 10:36 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Pizzaboy and TonyG. My name is Carmela and I approve both your messages.

Is Rita really a lesbian, though? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: carmela] #666545
09/18/12 12:00 AM
09/18/12 12:00 AM
MisterPurple Offline
Wiseguy
MisterPurple  Offline
Wiseguy
Will this be the first book to seriously delve into Gigante? I know the author's hardly going to be objective here, of course.

And for what it's worth, I agree with all above that this is shameless whoring of family details for money.

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: MisterPurple] #666556
09/18/12 04:35 AM
09/18/12 04:35 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
I was reading an article about a blood gang leader in the nypost. And someone in the comments section calling themselves chris gambino wrote:

"Yeah now u can run NY behind a Federal Jail Cell located somewhere in Idaho.. Dumb ass you know "WE RUN NY" yes the real OG'S --- > Gambino crime family!"

He claims to be related to gotti later on in further posts. If he really is thats just embarrasing that their families even trolling news sites for attention.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/pulling_plug_on_thug_qcjsbjOO4gcBi582tN0PBM

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666559
09/18/12 05:03 AM
09/18/12 05:03 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Montague
She's a hippie dyke nutjob who never gave her father anything but grief.

That sounds like the beginning of the Movie versions tag line.

She's a hippie dyke nutjob. He's a maniacal devious Mob Boss. Together they're a HIT!

lol I can imagine that as the upbeat opening theme .

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: Scorsese] #666560
09/18/12 05:07 AM
09/18/12 05:07 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
I was reading an article about a blood gang leader in the nypost. And someone in the comments section calling themselves chris gambino wrote:

"Yeah now u can run NY behind a Federal Jail Cell located somewhere in Idaho.. Dumb ass you know "WE RUN NY" yes the real OG'S --- > Gambino crime family!"

He claims to be related to gotti later on in further posts. If he really is thats just embarrasing that their families even trolling news sites for attention.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/pulling_plug_on_thug_qcjsbjOO4gcBi582tN0PBM

My moneys on a mafia fanboy/internet toughguy who knows but.

Last edited by Camarel; 09/18/12 05:08 AM.
Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: carmela] #666583
09/18/12 10:13 AM
09/18/12 10:13 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: carmela
Pizzaboy and TonyG. My name is Carmela and I approve both your messages.

Is Rita really a lesbian, though? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It wasn't so much the lesbianism that drove the wedge between Vince and his daughter; it was the cross dressing. There was this one time that she showed up at a family outing wearing the same Sergio Tacchini as her Uncle Mario. Very unfortunate.

Then the capper came when she borrowed one of Vince's treasured bathrobes. It was clearly a man's robe, but she was going for that downtown metrosexual look. The worst part was that that it was white and she wore it after Labor Day. Absoulutely tragic. Fashion sense of a lesbian.

But thankfully, shortly before her father's passing there was a bit of a reconciliation. He sent her some plaid flannel shirts that she treasures to this day. I understand that when the book tour goes into full swing, she's going to wear one of them on the Rachel Maddow Show.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666589
09/18/12 11:38 AM
09/18/12 11:38 AM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
Ya know its amazing that these books even get the chance to be released. 30 years ago his daughter would have gone missing for doing this.

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: Wilson] #666602
09/18/12 02:01 PM
09/18/12 02:01 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Wilson
Ya know its amazing that these books even get the chance to be released. 30 years ago his daughter would have gone missing for doing this.

It's not like she's got anything big to say though it'll most likely be about his personality and family life. From the title alone it sounds like it's her autobiography and she's just attached her dads name to it to sell more copies .

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: Wilson] #666635
09/18/12 04:32 PM
09/18/12 04:32 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Wilson

Antoinette Giancana pulled this same crap 30 years ago and nothing happened. She's still here. She then went on to pose for Playboy at like 50 years old.

Vito Genovese's wife divorced him over 60 years ago and went on record with the judge about Vito's hidden assets. She got a ton of money and nothing happened to her.

The point is, this isn't Sicily we're talking about here. You're reading to much into the myth. Sometimes even mob bosses can't control their women.

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: pizzaboy] #666654
09/18/12 05:57 PM
09/18/12 05:57 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
with the books, museums and reality shows the mafias like a tourist attraction these days.

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666731
09/19/12 03:34 AM
09/19/12 03:34 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
In the book she does not seem to mention Domincik Cirillo, or any other Mafia members close to her father. I see no reason to buy book to just hear her talk about her life at home.

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666789
09/19/12 12:37 PM
09/19/12 12:37 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
Has anyone read her book and Gravano's? which is better (if there is one that is)... l

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666860
09/19/12 07:22 PM
09/19/12 07:22 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
^^^Gravano's book was a great read

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: Dapper_Don] #666862
09/19/12 08:15 PM
09/19/12 08:15 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
^^^Gravano's book was a great read

Are you talking about his daughters book? I think that's what he meant

Re: The Chin Gigante's daughter tells all in Book [Re: EddieCoyle] #666863
09/19/12 08:33 PM
09/19/12 08:33 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
^^^I was referring to Sammy's book not Karen (Gravano's) book.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull