GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 280 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,823
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Artie......what luck? #666169
09/14/12 03:55 PM
09/14/12 03:55 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline OP
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline OP
Underboss
toronto
I've been rewatching The Sopranos over the last couple of weeks, and there is something that caught my eye. I've done a search here to see if it's been discussed before, but didn't find anything. I'm refering to the scene in the final episode of season one where Artie confronts Tony with a rifle. I get that they are friends, but i find it hard to believe that The Boss of a crime famliy would just ignore/forgive/forget having a gun pulled on him in a strip club's parking lot. In addition, what would stop Tony from thinking Artie was gonna rat him out to the FEDS? In that scene there is enough cause/reason for Artie to be sleeping with the fishes. So why isn't he?

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: mr. soprano] #666176
09/14/12 04:25 PM
09/14/12 04:25 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Tony let Artie get away with a lot of stuff even more than Chris got away with.

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: JCrusher] #666199
09/15/12 01:37 AM
09/15/12 01:37 AM
Wudstock Offline
Button
Wudstock  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: JCrusher

How So?...You can't be serious?

Nah...you can't compare Artie to Chris cause Chris is a drug addict, he almost about to rat out on Tony, He almost about to kill Tony cause he was thinking Tony had an affair with his fiance, Chris was the one had ball to question about his leadership, many more, etc. Tony Let Christ get away with alot of stuff....and don't know why you would say about Artire. I understand Artie and he just being just used/pawn and he's not even part of the Mafia. That's a totally different between Chris and Artie situation.

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: Wudstock] #666253
09/15/12 03:13 PM
09/15/12 03:13 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Wudstock

Nah...you can't compare Artie to Chris cause Chris is a drug addict, he almost about to rat out on Tony, He almost about to kill Tony cause he was thinking Tony had an affair with his fiance, Chris was the one had ball to question about his leadership, many more, etc. Tony Let Christ get away with alot of stuff....and don't know why you would say about Artire. I understand Artie and he just being just used/pawn and he's not even part of the Mafia. That's a totally different between Chris and Artie situation.

I agree that Chris done more but Artie was about to kill Tony too he lost 50 k ( i think not seen Sopranos in a while ) of Tonys money and the fact he wasn't in the mafia stopped there being a chance of him ratting .

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: Camarel] #666285
09/15/12 11:10 PM
09/15/12 11:10 PM
Wudstock Offline
Button
Wudstock  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: Camarel

I agree that Chris done more but Artie was about to kill Tony too he lost 50 k ( i think not seen Sopranos in a while ) of Tonys money and the fact he wasn't in the mafia stopped there being a chance of him ratting .

Whoa...wait a min...Tony know Artie just got robbed and Artie doesn't know better and he thoughts he gonna lose his life because of Tony and Tony knows Artie fear him that's why Artie couldn't kill him and don't have a ball to do it unlike Chris. Chris actually shoot his gun at Tony's trunk and he was about to shoot up at Silvo's club too where was Tony at but lucky the guys stopped Chris.. at the same time Chris was drunk after he went to rehab. Why do you think Artie was about to kill himself?

Believe me, Tony would feel so bad if he killed Artie for nothing but he would have a good reason to kill Chris....See different? Artie just being used that's all.

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: Wudstock] #666287
09/15/12 11:40 PM
09/15/12 11:40 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

Whoa...wait a min...Tony know Artie just got robbed and Artie doesn't know better and he thoughts he gonna lose his life because of Tony and Tony knows Artie fear him that's why Artie couldn't kill him and don't have a ball to do it unlike Chris. Chris actually shoot his gun at Tony's trunk and he was about to shoot up at Silvo's club too where was Tony at but lucky the guys stopped Chris.. at the same time Chris was drunk after he went to rehab. Why do you think Artie was about to kill himself?

Believe me, Tony would feel so bad if he killed Artie for nothing but he would have a good reason to kill Chris....See different? Artie just being used that's all.

I'm not talking about the time the French guy robbed him i was meaning in season 1 when Artie points a rifle at Tony for blowing up his restaurant .

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: Camarel] #666289
09/16/12 01:11 AM
09/16/12 01:11 AM
Wudstock Offline
Button
Wudstock  Offline
Button
Quote:
I'm not talking about the time the French guy robbed him i was meaning in season 1 when Artie points a rifle at Tony for blowing up his restaurant

Exactly what I was saying...Tony knew Artie won't shoot at him but Chris would while he's on the drug, etc...Tony actually feel bad for Artie cause Artie was an innocent...what Tony did to Artie was wrong and he knew it..but with Chris..he's just cause too much problem...there is no brain the real mafia would kill Chris right quick.

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: Wudstock] #666291
09/16/12 01:18 AM
09/16/12 01:18 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Quote:
I'm not talking about the time the French guy robbed him i was meaning in season 1 when Artie points a rifle at Tony for blowing up his restaurant

Exactly what I was saying...Tony knew Artie won't shoot at him but Chris would while he's on the drug, etc...Tony actually feel bad for Artie cause Artie was an innocent...what Tony did to Artie was wrong and he knew it..but with Chris..he's just cause too much problem...there is no brain the real mafia would kill Chris right quick.

Why did you say this then - Tony know Artie just got robbed? It sounds like you were talking about when the French guy robbed him and btw i agree with you about Chris .

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: mr. soprano] #666292
09/16/12 01:27 AM
09/16/12 01:27 AM
Wudstock Offline
Button
Wudstock  Offline
Button
Quote:

Why did you say this then - Tony know Artie just got robbed? It sounds like you were talking about when the French guy robbed him and btw i agree with you about Chris .

Sorry, I misunderstood you cause I'm drunk little bit...but my point is you can't compare Artie to Chris...I mean...GET REAL......Name me how many Tony let Artie get awway so much?.... @ JChrusher, not you.

By the way, Why Tony always said he's my nephew when he's not related by blood?

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: mr. soprano] #666293
09/16/12 01:28 AM
09/16/12 01:28 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
I think Tony understood why Artie was so upset. The way he destroyed his rifle shows that. In the end Tony did blow up his restaurant. Let's not forget that Artie is Ton's only true friend. Like someone else said, he's no threat.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: Wudstock] #666294
09/16/12 01:29 AM
09/16/12 01:29 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss

Whoa...wait a min...Tony know Artie just got robbed and Artie doesn't know better and he thoughts he gonna lose his life because of Tony and Tony knows Artie fear him that's why Artie couldn't kill him and don't have a ball to do it unlike Chris. Chris actually shoot his gun at Tony's trunk and he was about to shoot up at Silvo's club too where was Tony at but lucky the guys stopped Chris.

I wouldn't call it luck since Tony anticipated Chris's move. Remember Silvio saying "You know what to do" on the megaphone when they subdue Chris?

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: Wudstock] #666299
09/16/12 01:38 AM
09/16/12 01:38 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Quote:

Sorry, I misunderstood you cause I'm drunk little bit...but my point is you can't compare Artie to Chris...I mean...GET REAL......Name me how many Tony let Artie get awway so much?.... @ JChrusher, not you.

By the way, Why Tony always said he's my nephew when he's not related by blood?

Read my comments again i said twice i agree with you about Chris . All i was saying was for someone who wasn't in the mafia he got away with alot in addition to the 2 things i've already mentioned he also hit Benny i've not seen the show in awhile so i can't remember if he was made or not but still .

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: Camarel] #666302
09/16/12 01:48 AM
09/16/12 01:48 AM
Wudstock Offline
Button
Wudstock  Offline
Button
Quote:
Read my comments again i said twice i agree with you about Chris . All i was saying was for someone who wasn't in the mafia he got away with alot in addition to the 2 things i've already mentioned he also hit Benny i've not seen the show in awhile so i can't remember if he was made or not but still

Oh okay, my bad.....That's one he was lucky to get away when he beats the sh!t out of Benny in front of his home, his wife, his baby...because he was jealousof that girl and Benny releationship... and you're right.....that's because he's a Tony's only true friend.

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: Wudstock] #666346
09/16/12 01:39 PM
09/16/12 01:39 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

Calm down man you are getting too emotional lol. Both Artie and Chris got away with a ton of shit because of their closeness to Tony. remember its only a show

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: mr. soprano] #666651
09/18/12 05:54 PM
09/18/12 05:54 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline OP
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline OP
Underboss
toronto
I appriciate what everyone here has said, but it still seems like a bit like a dropped ball. A minor one, though. All the forgiveness in the world, but there was none for David Scatino in season two. And when he helps Artie in season four with the french guy, there are overtones that suggest he did this for selfish reasons.

At the end of the day i suppose i'm saying, friend or no friend, if you aim a gun at the Don of a crime family....you're time on earth is coming to an end.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: mr. soprano] #666666
09/18/12 07:03 PM
09/18/12 07:03 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: mr. soprano
I've been rewatching The Sopranos over the last couple of weeks, and there is something that caught my eye. I've done a search here to see if it's been discussed before, but didn't find anything. I'm refering to the scene in the final episode of season one where Artie confronts Tony with a rifle. I get that they are friends, but i find it hard to believe that The Boss of a crime famliy would just ignore/forgive/forget having a gun pulled on him in a strip club's parking lot. In addition, what would stop Tony from thinking Artie was gonna rat him out to the FEDS? In that scene there is enough cause/reason for Artie to be sleeping with the fishes. So why isn't he?

Its a tv show.

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: Wilson] #666672
09/18/12 07:39 PM
09/18/12 07:39 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Wilson

Its a tv show.

Obviously he's aware of that as he said he's been watching the show and had some questions thus why he is asking those questions on a forum about the sopranos it's called discussion .

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: Camarel] #666776
09/19/12 10:19 AM
09/19/12 10:19 AM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Wilson

Its a tv show.

Obviously he's aware of that as he said he's been watching the show and had some questions thus why he is asking those questions on a forum about the sopranos it's called discussion .

lol I know.

Sorry for being a smart ass. First of all to answer his question it must have came down to the fact that Tony felt he had to not do anything cause he had a big heart for one person in his life, which would have been Artie. I mean look at how Tony never even really tried to get Artie involved in the MOB life. HE always respected the fact that Artie wanted to be an owner of a restaurant and a cook. Tony easily could have thrown temptation in Arties face big time, but he never did that.

Now in real life he would have been murderered but this is the Sopranos we are talking about.

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: mr. soprano] #667012
09/21/12 11:54 AM
09/21/12 11:54 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
The only thig i can think of is that if Tony whacked Artie, there would be one less person to serve as a foil to show the "human" side of Tony..

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: mr. soprano] #672179
10/26/12 09:21 AM
10/26/12 09:21 AM
Mastronardo Offline
Made Member
Mastronardo  Offline
Made Member
I agree with the person who said that Artie Bucco was Anthony Soprano's only true friend. The two grew up together and although Artie was a fuck-up many times, Tony admired him for not being involved in the mafia. Tony also knew you don't shit where you eat.

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: mr. soprano] #672314
10/26/12 05:45 PM
10/26/12 05:45 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline OP
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline OP
Underboss
toronto
Here's another interesting hypothetical question....if Tony had gone into business with Artie (as he tries on many an occasion) do you think he would have busted out the joint? I'm reminded of Goodfellas when Paulie goes into the restaurant business and busts out the owner.

Re: Artie......what luck? [Re: mr. soprano] #688816
01/07/13 07:37 PM
01/07/13 07:37 PM
LCN1987 Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
LCN1987  Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
Capo
First of all, Tony said to Artie that they were like brothers. Second, when Tony saw that rifle being pointed at him he knew Artie had the right to do that (the burning of the restaurant) and that saved Artie I think.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull