GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 362 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,980
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,096
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Change in Scarface? #46028
09/14/04 03:04 PM
09/14/04 03:04 PM
UK
scarfacelondon Offline OP
Made Member
scarfacelondon  Offline OP
Made Member
UK
Setting aside all the best scenes, what scenes you did not like in the film or you think they could have been better.

Personally I don't like the scene where in the end Gina comes to Tony when he killed Manny. I actually saved the DVD on the computer and cut that part out. I don't see the point of that part at all.

Thank you for moving my last topic (Vote for president) to the general area, it was my mistake.

"Choose your friends carefully. Your enemies will choose you".
Re: Change in Scarface? #46029
09/14/04 10:04 PM
09/14/04 10:04 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by scarfacelondon:
Setting aside all the best scenes, what scenes you did not like in the film or you think they could have been better.

Personally I don't like the scene where in the end Gina comes to Tony when he killed Manny. I actually saved the DVD on the computer and cut that part out. I don't see the point of that part at all.

Thank you for moving my last topic (Vote for president) to the general area, it was my mistake.
I think that the scene you are reffering to is a significant scene in that it showed the Protective Obsession that Tony Had with Gina and how she percieved his protective obsession with her. Yes, I agree that it was a bit strange with huge sexual undertones, but I always felt that as Manny had said to Gina, Tony veiwed her as the only "clean and perfect " thing in his life and became ridiculousely over protective of her because she was his only real link to legitimacy in his life. If Tony had allowed her to hook up with Manolo, then she definately would have been linked to his and Tony's dirty life, and that made Tony nuts!

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Change in Scarface? #46030
09/15/04 12:57 PM
09/15/04 12:57 PM
AllEyesOnChris Offline
Button
AllEyesOnChris  Offline
Button
Not a fan of the comedy club scene. Between the horrible comedian and that fat clown that dances to "Strangers in the Night", I felt like I was the one who was coked up. Then again, maybe that was the point...

Gangsters don't die, They get chubby and move to Miami.
- Jadakiss
Re: Change in Scarface? #46031
09/15/04 06:08 PM
09/15/04 06:08 PM
UK
Made Member
Made Member
UK
In regard to Don Cardi, I see your point of why Tony killed Manny but why did Gina came to Tony's room and asked him if he want to F**k her. Only reason i can think of is because of shock about Manny's death, she went unstable and lost her head.

The scene should go this way:

Gina enters the room, smiles Tony's original reaction, then she points the gun at him and shoots, rest original. Just cut the conversation they had.

Re: Change in Scarface? #46032
09/15/04 07:37 PM
09/15/04 07:37 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
In regard to Don Cardi, I see your point of why Tony killed Manny but why did Gina came to Tony's room and asked him if he want to F**k her. Only reason i can think of is because of shock about Manny's death, she went unstable and lost her head.

The scene should go this way:

Gina enters the room, smiles Tony's original reaction, then she points the gun at him and shoots, rest original. Just cut the conversation they had.
Gina thought in that manner because of the obssesion that Tony displayed over her. She received the exact same vibes from Tony that the viewer did. It was what the director intended for the veiwer to feel, and Gina felt the same way, and she could not understand.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Change in Scarface? #46033
09/26/04 10:08 AM
09/26/04 10:08 AM
Scotland
da_bad_guy Offline
Button
da_bad_guy  Offline
Button
Scotland
i didn't like the scene when Tony is in the car showroom with Manny, it has no relevance at all.

" say goodnight to da bad guy "
Re: Change in Scarface? #46034
09/26/04 06:55 PM
09/26/04 06:55 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by da_bad_guy:
i didn't like the scene when Tony is in the car showroom with Manny, it has no relevance at all.
Ahh my friend, you should watch that scene again. Quite the contrary as it DID have relevance to Tony's character. Roll back a bit when he tells Manolo "first you get the money, then you get the power, and then you get the woman." What that scene conveys is that Tony is now rolling in some real money and he wants Elvira to know it so he is trying to impress her with buying that car. When they get in the car what does she say to him? "...I don't screw around with the HELP!" That is it for Tony! He has made some money and had tried to impress Elvira, but she still considers him "The Help." The money would still not be enough to impress her. So I think at that moment when she says that to Tony, he knows that he must now "get the power" and get rid of Frank so that Elvira can be all his. In a nutshell the scene you talk about is relevent to what Tony had become but yet what he still needed to do.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: Change in Scarface? #46035
09/27/04 09:07 AM
09/27/04 09:07 AM
UK
Made Member
Made Member
UK
Yes, I never thought that scene had much significance, but now i can see what you mean. You have thought about every scene very deeply.

I hope all of you have read the script, there is this scene which i think should have been included: Scene 73 page 69. U.S. CUSTOMS - MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - DAY.

Instead of just showing, that he killed frank and became successful, this scene would have showed how he actually did his business, how he got up the ladder.

Re: Change in Scarface? #46036
09/27/04 02:02 PM
09/27/04 02:02 PM
Scotland
da_bad_guy Offline
Button
da_bad_guy  Offline
Button
Scotland
Don Cardi, you have just opened my eyes and showed me that the scene has some true significance. thank you wink

" say goodnight to da bad guy "
Re: Change in Scarface? #46037
09/27/04 03:05 PM
09/27/04 03:05 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I hope all of you have read the script, there is this scene which i think should have been included: Scene 73 page 69. U.S. CUSTOMS - MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - DAY.

Instead of just showing, that he killed frank and became successful, this scene would have showed how he actually did his business, how he got up the ladder.
There is another scene in the script which should NOT had been edited. It is when Mama is throwing Montana out of her house. There is some dialogue between them that shows some significance in that the verbal exchange between both of them gives you a better insight as to why Tony turned out the way that he did. I don't remember the exact location in the script, but it's there.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: Change in Scarface? #46038
09/30/04 11:21 AM
09/30/04 11:21 AM
UK
Made Member
Made Member
UK
Yes, they should have included that scene, at least in the special edition.

How about this scene:

"Tony waves her off, then changes his mind and runs up behind her and throws up her skirt and peeks at her ass. Before she can react, he hops away laughing as the two Cuban girls ad-lib Spanish expletives at him."

It is a funny scene but it does not matches his character. If it was manny - ok. It's good they left it out.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull