GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (joepuzzles234, The_Marble_Guy, m2w), 293 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,917
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,331
Posts1,058,790
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #664681
09/05/12 08:40 PM
09/05/12 08:40 PM
AmericanCrime Offline
Capo
AmericanCrime  Offline
Capo
I don't really follow the big five that much. But when did Lucchese earn a spot with the big 3?

I always thought they were dead last in terms of overall quality. That might be an outdated perception tho.

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: AmericanCrime] #664682
09/05/12 08:41 PM
09/05/12 08:41 PM
DeMeo Offline
Made Member
DeMeo  Offline
Made Member
I think the Lucchese family received the bump up when Massino and others began flipping in the late 1990s - early 2000s.

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #664683
09/05/12 08:51 PM
09/05/12 08:51 PM
H
Homers77 Offline
Made Member
Homers77  Offline
H
Made Member
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
My only thoughts are how the Bonanno and Colombo Family especially hold on to their rackets in Construction and Local Unions when they get guys thrown in jail? Gambling and loansharking aren't problems, but the other rackets?

I always wondered that too.. if a guy is a partner in 3 companies and he gets life what happens to those business interests?

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: AmericanCrime] #664684
09/05/12 08:56 PM
09/05/12 08:56 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: AmericanCrime
I don't really follow the big five that much. But when did Lucchese earn a spot with the big 3?

I always thought they were dead last in terms of overall quality. That might be an outdated perception tho.

Ever since Crea got out of prison and his parole expired in 2009 he's been running things. He's been a steady Boss so far, he's one of the main reasons why they're back. The Bonanno Family was way more powerful when Massino was in charge (1991-2004), but after he flipped they've been struggling ever since while the Lucchese's have rebuilt

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: DeMeo] #664690
09/05/12 09:15 PM
09/05/12 09:15 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
So the Colombo's and Bonnano families can build up to close to 200 members? Entrench themselves in Unions, Carting, and work joint ventures with the other families in a short period of time? The Genovese and Gambino families will forget all thier fuck ups and reconize them again?

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #664691
09/05/12 09:22 PM
09/05/12 09:22 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
That would be really hard. The Bonanno's are down but not out, they could rebuild with the proper leadership. The Colombo's just can't seem to avoid indictment. They're not going down at all no way, but they have about 60-70 guys on the street and 100 made. To get it up to 200 again like in the old days would be extremely difficult. Plus getting away with stuff in Unions is tougher than it used to be but Families like the Genovese's and the Gambino's are still involved in them.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: short841] #664719
09/06/12 03:39 AM
09/06/12 03:39 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: short841
There is no such thing as boss of all bosses in America. That ended in 1931 when the commission was invented.

+1. Yes. As long as there is a Commission, there can never be a boss of bosses.
According to Vitale (I think it was) the last Commission meeting was held 12 years ago but as far as we know, the Commission has not been dismantled.

[Linked Image]
Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #664724
09/06/12 04:53 AM
09/06/12 04:53 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
There is no such thing as boss of all bosses in America. That ended in 1931 when the commission was invented.

People 'supposedly' led it though. For example from 1957-1976 Carlo Gambino controlled the commission, though technically he wasn't 'Capo di tutti Capi'

Carlo Gambino wasn´t made the official boss until 1960. During the years between 1957 and 1960 he served as the acting boss. You can find this in FBI documents on the Mary Farrell Foundation site. As an acting boss, Gambino could not not have controlled the Commission.
After the murder of Anastasia, the family was divided and Gambino was given the task by the Commission to restore order in the Family. In 1960, the Family elected Gambino the official boss.

Guys, I´m sorry to say it, but you are relying too much on Wikipedia. Using Wikipedia is easy and accessible, but extremely unreliable when it comes to sharing knowledge on the Mafia. But you have to dig a lot deeper in order to come closer to the truth. No boss was ever a boss of bosses after the creation of the Commission. Not even technically speaking. Having a boss of bosses on the Commission would undermine the purpose and functions of it. It´s two completely different systems of rule that can never be combined. All Families, especially those on the Commission, was autonomous. All bosses on there ruled their own Families and to allow somebody else to exert pressure or secretly control your Family would be a sign of weakness and a sure way to lose face.
When the Bonanno Family lost its seat on the Commission, perhaps as early as 1975 when Rastelli was sent away, it looks like the Family was governed by the Commission. I can´t think of any other cases where sitting Families on the Commission were controlled by it. Can you?

[Linked Image]
Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #664728
09/06/12 05:23 AM
09/06/12 05:23 AM
Willenhall
Philip_Lombardo Offline OP
Underboss
Philip_Lombardo  Offline OP
Underboss
Willenhall
Remember Genovese became Boss in 1957 and was Boss of Bosses for two years supposedly then Bonanno was chairmen of the commission for 3 then Gambino took it after the Commission rivaled against the Bonanno's remember CDTC is a de-facto title given to the Boss all other commission Bosses support of cource in recent years with the unknown Bosses it is unknown who holds the title.

Also i'd like to add thanks for all of you making this post big this quick i'm glad you all find it interesting.

Last edited by Philip_Lombardo; 09/06/12 05:25 AM.
Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #664731
09/06/12 06:18 AM
09/06/12 06:18 AM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hairy, Couldn't of said it better wink

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #664741
09/06/12 08:54 AM
09/06/12 08:54 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Philip_Lombardo
I know the title died with Massimo but this guy is making waves could he be the next Gigante or Gotti?

There's not been an actual boss of bosses since Salvatore Maranzano.

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #664742
09/06/12 08:57 AM
09/06/12 08:57 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
True I don't think a Lucchese Boss as ever been the chief. Overall they're a stable Family, and Crea has helped with that, but I think that in today's day and age you're unlikely to see that position even being informally held like Massino did.
And even if such a rank were to exist again, I agree with m2w it would be a Genovese or Gambino Boss as they are the two strongest

Massino never held that position the media labelled him boss of bosses just like everyone else since Maranzano. Only because he was the last official boss on the streets the Gambino and Genovese acting bosses would've been more powerful .

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: NickyEyes1] #664743
09/06/12 09:00 AM
09/06/12 09:00 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Carlo was the true Godfather no doubt about that. The most powerful boss in New York today has to be Cefalu or Crea. Bellomo would be up there but he's not technically 'boss'. Hell no one really knows anything when it comes to the Genovese's.

id say quiet dom and benny eggs are the 2 highest guys in the genovese

I doubt Benny is even active he's going blind aand is confined to a wheelchair.

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #664744
09/06/12 09:06 AM
09/06/12 09:06 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Philip_Lombardo
Remember Genovese became Boss in 1957 and was Boss of Bosses for two years supposedly then Bonanno was chairmen of the commission for 3 then Gambino took it after the Commission rivaled against the Bonanno's remember CDTC is a de-facto title given to the Boss all other commission Bosses support of cource in recent years with the unknown Bosses it is unknown who holds the title.

Also i'd like to add thanks for all of you making this post big this quick i'm glad you all find it interesting.

As Hairy said i think you're relying on wikipedia too much.

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Camarel] #664748
09/06/12 09:17 AM
09/06/12 09:17 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
In the mob money is everything right?!so...who has more money than the others,his the wealthiest than the others,he has most of the business to him self,most of the connections,politicans,cia,transatlantic connections,most dangerous crews and lots of others tuff....so my point is when some of the bosses dont have shit and need connections for anything and they all depend on that person(cuz he's the boss with the connections)....how do you call that person????

Last edited by Toodoped; 09/06/12 09:19 AM.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Toodoped] #664754
09/06/12 09:48 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Toodoped
In the mob money is everything right?!so...who has more money than the others,his the wealthiest than the others,he has most of the business to him self,most of the connections,politicans,cia,transatlantic connections,most dangerous crews and lots of others tuff....so my point is when some of the bosses dont have shit and need connections for anything and they all depend on that person(cuz he's the boss with the connections)....how do you call that person????

When has that ever been the case though? When have the other families ever not had shit and relied on one boss? Imo never so i still don't think there's been a boss of bosses since the start of the comission.

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Toodoped] #664755
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo

Right, even though position is not officially recognized, they can be de facto "boss of bosses". It's like arguing the US is not most powerful nation on earth because it has an equal vote at the United Nations.

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: ht2] #664756
09/06/12 09:51 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: ht2

Right, even though position is not officially recognized, they can be de facto "boss of bosses". It's like arguing the US is not most powerful nation on earth because it has an equal vote at the United Nations.

Im not sayin the title "boss of bosses" exists,but what ht2 just sad is the truth.And no1 can deny that!!! cool

Last edited by Toodoped; 09/06/12 09:51 AM.

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: ht2] #664757
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

It's not at all though when Maranzano was boss of bosses he could

It's not at all though when Maranzano was boss of bosses he could override any of the other bosses decisions since the commission that's not been possible .

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Toodoped] #664759
09/06/12 09:54 AM
09/06/12 09:54 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

No it's not if it was the same the US would've been able to overrule

Im not sayin the title "boss of bosses" exists,but what ht2 just sad is the truth.And no1 can deny that!!! cool

No it's not if it was the same the US would've been able to overrule all the nations who voted to recognize Palestine for example that's essentially what the boss of bosses could do.

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Camarel] #664762
09/06/12 10:00 AM
09/06/12 10:00 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: Camarel

No it's not if it was the same the US would've been able to overrule

No it's not if it was the same the US would've been able to overrule all the nations who voted to recognize Palestine for example that's essentially what the boss of bosses could do.

ITs all about wealth,power and connections and violence of course,if every1 on the table is dead who's gonna vote?!after that you just place your ppl and you get "Roman Empire",theres always a leader,official or not,thats the ppl's nature,if theres no1 who can guide them there will be an internal war!How can thives and killers get a long if theres no1 with the biggest "gun" on the table?

Last edited by Toodoped; 09/06/12 10:01 AM.

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Toodoped] #664765
09/06/12 10:10 AM
09/06/12 10:10 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

There's not been a boss of bosses since Maranzano they vote and come to agreements . Of course at any given time there's been a most powerful boss but he's never been some kind of dictator whhatever he says goes which is what the boss of bosses is which is why it didn't last very long.

Last edited by Camarel; 09/06/12 10:11 AM.
Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #664766
09/06/12 10:13 AM
09/06/12 10:13 AM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Get it into your head everyone. Since 1931 Boss of all bosses has never existed!!

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: short841] #664768
09/06/12 10:15 AM
09/06/12 10:15 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Get it into your head everyone. Since 1931 Boss of all bosses has never existed!!

Read the posts first,than put a comment!pls

Last edited by Toodoped; 09/06/12 10:15 AM.

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Camarel] #664769
09/06/12 10:17 AM
09/06/12 10:17 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Of course at any given time there's been a most powerful boss but he's never been some kind of dictator whhatever he says goes which is what the boss of bosses is which is why it didn't last very long.

Thats true they never last long,but thats why theres always a guy less powerful than him but at the same time more powerful than the others,to replace him

Last edited by Toodoped; 09/06/12 10:18 AM.

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Toodoped] #664770
09/06/12 10:18 AM
09/06/12 10:18 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

He's right though

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Toodoped] #664772
09/06/12 10:19 AM
09/06/12 10:19 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Of course at any given time there's been a most powerful boss but he's never been some kind of dictator whhatever he says goes which is what the boss of bosses is which is why it didn't last very long.

Thats true they never last long,but thats why theres always a guy less powerful than him but at the same time more powerful than the others,to replace him

Maranzano was the last one he didn't last long.

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Toodoped] #664774
09/06/12 10:23 AM
09/06/12 10:23 AM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Well I have read the comments...

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Camarel] #664775
09/06/12 10:24 AM
09/06/12 10:24 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
ok i know that,but my point is about the most powerful boss on the table(Luciano,Genovese,Gambino,Galante,Castellano...),not that he's a dictator and stuff but he has a little bit more of a...how should i say...your gettin me right? wink

Re: Could Steven Crea be the next Cpo di tutti capi [Re: Toodoped] #664777
09/06/12 10:27 AM
09/06/12 10:27 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
ok i know that,but my point is about the most powerful boss on the table(Luciano,Genovese,Gambino,Galante,Castellano...),not that he's a dictator and stuff but he has a little bit more of a...how should i say...your gettin me right? wink

I agree with that totally he has a bit more influence i already said that in one of my other posts all i was saying was there hasn't been a boss of bosses since Maranzano.. i'm guessing that was just a break down of communications there smile

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull