GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 267 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,315
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Getting Made by Deception #663022
08/29/12 04:25 AM
08/29/12 04:25 AM
AmericanCrime Offline OP
Capo
AmericanCrime  Offline OP
Capo
I was wondering since there are several rules in place on who can get made and who can't. Is there some guys who have pulled a fast one over on the mafia and got made by covering up their past or heritage?

I know that Salvatore Vitale was a corrections officer, which would fall under the realm of former law enforcement/government worker. But he had it covered up.

I mean, Ron Previte was a former cops who got made openly. But Stanfa was crazy, heard he even made some non-Italians.

Are tehre any more instances of this though? Perhaps, getting made in a time when both your parents had to be Italian? Faking info or name changes. Hell they almost let Donnie Brasco into the family had he not been pulled out before hand he woulda prolly been straightened out. Not very good investigation skills.

Last edited by AmericanCrime; 08/29/12 04:25 AM.
Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #663248
08/29/12 07:50 PM
08/29/12 07:50 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Tommy DelGiorno who was half Polish managed to hide it to get made and become a captain in Philly.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #663250
08/29/12 07:53 PM
08/29/12 07:53 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Jimmy Marcello was half irish and became a top guy in chicago

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 08/29/12 07:54 PM.
Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: NickyEyes1] #663368
08/30/12 08:15 AM
08/30/12 08:15 AM
Netherlands
B
B_A_ Offline
Button
B_A_  Offline
B
Button
Netherlands
Has that ever really been explained? During the Family-Secrets trail it was used as an argument to disqualify Nick Calabreses testimony if I recal correctley.

Last edited by B_A_; 08/30/12 09:50 AM.
Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #663375
08/30/12 09:24 AM
08/30/12 09:24 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
It seems that the old adage, "rules are meant to be broken" rings true here. Anything can be changed/altered/amended if the people in power want it that way.

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: Jimmy_Two_Times] #663377
08/30/12 09:45 AM
08/30/12 09:45 AM
B
botz Offline
Underboss
botz  Offline
B
Underboss
If something sounds good to mobster that they want to here, yeah anything is possible if you can manage to hide it.

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #663432
08/30/12 01:16 PM
08/30/12 01:16 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
I was of considered Bugsy Siegel as a Soldato because he payed Luciano alot of money to be represented by him and the other bosses. Irish-American's arent really that Important but Cosa Nostra is more serious about people from Europe. This is the 21st Century, If you can make enough money then your classed as a member plus Andrew DelGirono had a Father from Sicily.

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: Imamobguy] #666370
09/16/12 04:56 PM
09/16/12 04:56 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
Caddilac frank was half irish half italian dont know y he gade made in boston but in the gang wars of the 60 he did clip a bunch of people with rat flemmi and put the bomb under rat barboza attorney car so idk if its was parade of hits whatever buthe gade made and went straight to boss after a while I

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "
Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #666425
09/17/12 12:15 AM
09/17/12 12:15 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
I was actually thinking, is there a possibility nowdays that mobsters would buy their place as being made? I'm asking that, we know that now modern Vory V Zakone buy their spots more often.

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: ThePolakVet] #666426
09/17/12 12:47 AM
09/17/12 12:47 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: ThePolakVet
I was actually thinking, is there a possibility nowdays that mobsters would buy their place as being made? I'm asking that, we know that now modern Vory V Zakone buy their spots more often.

Nowadays i doubt it it's not really worth it i actually heard a story of a guy rejecting being made. Back in the 50s Albert Anastasia was selling memberships though .

Last edited by Camarel; 09/17/12 12:47 AM.
Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: Camarel] #666431
09/17/12 03:55 AM
09/17/12 03:55 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Camarel

Nowadays i doubt it it's not really worth it i actually heard a story of a guy rejecting being made. Back in the 50s Albert Anastasia was selling memberships though .

Jack Garcia described in his book how one Gambino associate offered to buy his button for a million dollars. The Gambino leadership declined.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: Ted] #666436
09/17/12 07:20 AM
09/17/12 07:20 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Ted

Jack Garcia described in his book how one Gambino associate offered to buy his button for a million dollars. The Gambino leadership declined.

Well i've not read his book so didn't know about that but i think he's the exception . I don't see why someone would be willing to pay their way in in this day and age ( or ever ). Was the Jack Garcia infiltration not during Peter Gottis time as boss in the early 2000s? And would you recommend his book?

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #666437
09/17/12 08:54 AM
09/17/12 08:54 AM
B
bladerkeks Offline
Button
bladerkeks  Offline
B
Button
i think its well written and intersting,especially when you dont let yourself bother by his bitching about his bosses. a smaller part is about his work before that time.

Last edited by bladerkeks; 09/17/12 08:57 AM.
Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: Camarel] #666438
09/17/12 09:21 AM
09/17/12 09:21 AM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Well i've not read his book so didn't know about that but i think he's the exception . I don't see why someone would be willing to pay their way in in this day and age ( or ever ). Was the Jack Garcia infiltration not during Peter Gottis time as boss in the early 2000s? And would you recommend his book?

When he infiltrated the Gambino's its was Arnold Squitieri who was the acting boss. And at the same time under his undercover work in the mob, it was when Massino turned cooperating witness.

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: Camarel] #666458
09/17/12 01:41 PM
09/17/12 01:41 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss

I haven't finished the book, but from what I read it's really good. Garcia infiltrates Greg DePalma's crew and we learn a lot of how the modern day Mafia operates. DePalma is also an interesting character to read about. The guy that offered to pay to get made (Lenny Minuto) was an old timer who had tried to pay off every Gambino boss since Castellano to get made. By the time he went to DePalma, he upped his offer to a million. Again he was rejected. Falcone said according to rumours, a couple guys bought there way into a family, but they don't get a whole lot of respect because of it.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #666463
09/17/12 01:48 PM
09/17/12 01:48 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
Love to hear when people pay and the mob declines... makes me think of chef gordon ramsey when he shouts, "standards!"

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #666506
09/17/12 07:50 PM
09/17/12 07:50 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
If I remember correctly, there were rumors that Bonanno soldier Joseph "Joey Mook" D'Amico's mom who paid Galante (?) so her kid could get a button. He vehemently denied it on the witness stand after he flipped.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #666601
09/18/12 01:52 PM
09/18/12 01:52 PM
B
botz Offline
Underboss
botz  Offline
B
Underboss
Is Anthony St. Laurent of the Patriarca crime family italian? He is a made member.

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: Ted] #666603
09/18/12 02:08 PM
09/18/12 02:08 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

Nowadays i doubt it it's not really worth it i actually heard a story of a guy rejecting being made. Back in the 50s Albert Anastasia was selling memberships though . [/quote]
Jack Garcia described in his book how one Gambino associate offered to buy his button for a million dollars. The Gambino leadership declined. [/quote]

Well i've not read his book so didn't know about that but i think he's the exception . I don't see why someone would be willing to pay their way in in this day and age ( or ever ). Was the Jack Garcia infiltration not during Peter Gottis time as boss in the early 2000s? And would you recommend his book? [/quote]
I haven't finished the book, but from what I read it's really good. Garcia infiltrates Greg DePalma's crew and we learn a lot of how the modern day Mafia operates. DePalma is also an interesting character to read about. The guy that offered to pay to get made (Lenny Minuto) was an old timer who had tried to pay off every Gambino boss since Castellano to get made. By the time he went to DePalma, he upped his offer to a million. Again he was rejected. Falcone said according to rumours, a couple guys bought there way into a family, but they don't get a whole lot of respect because of it. [/quote]

Was DePalma the guy who almost got Nino Gaggi jailed for talking business on a bugged phone ? Thanks for bringing the book to my attention i'm gonna buy a copy in the next few days.

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: Ted] #666604
09/18/12 02:11 PM
09/18/12 02:11 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
Yea your absolutely right I just bought that book and the donnie brasco book and im almost done with jack falcone and donnoe brasco and I tell you by the way jack garcoa described it was exactly what ted said they get no respect and frowned upon in donnie brasco no one paid they way on but alot of back crossing and business and dealing and I tell u very funny if u have a wiseguy sense of humor amd I think he offered two million ted at one time I think they was tbonking of taking the money and not making him some guys lol ..peter boss wasnt boss ot was the squiteri guy or how u spell it and yes I would recommend both books as well as the hitman by howie carr about johnny martorano... underboss by peter mass on jerry anguilo... And the last rites mafia: boston mafia war forgot the author but boy action from start to finish all in the 90's

Last edited by Joerusso; 09/18/12 02:17 PM.

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "
Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: Joerusso] #666606
09/18/12 02:16 PM
09/18/12 02:16 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Joerusso
Yea your absolutely right I just bought that book and the donnie brasco book and im almost done with jack falcone and donnoe brasco and I tell you by the way jack garcoa described it was exactly what ted said they get no respect and frowned upon in donnie brasco no one paid they way on but alot of back crossing and business and dealing and I tell u very funny if u have a wiseguy sense of humor amd I think he offered two million ted at one time I think they was tbonking of taking the money and not making him some guys lol ..peter boss wasnt boss ot was the squiteri guy or how u spell it

Peter was boss from prison though just like John. What years was Jack Garcia there because Peter was jailed in 2003 i believe ?

Last edited by Camarel; 09/18/12 02:17 PM.
Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: Camarel] #666610
09/18/12 02:30 PM
09/18/12 02:30 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
Im 2007 it saids boss arnold squitieri (spelled the way book speels it) plead guilty on april 20 to raceteriing n extortion was supposed to be tried with depalma bit ge plead out and got 92 months so he should be out or getting out depalma got 12 years and the fed even corrected the fbi's chart

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #666611
09/18/12 02:31 PM
09/18/12 02:31 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
Through the whole book I do t even recall the mentioning that no and on dec 18 02 they paid the fambinos 5 grand for protection but it was a strip club procted by depalma but they had to get it back from the albanians and thats when he started getting familiar and so on

Last edited by Joerusso; 09/18/12 02:37 PM.

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: Joerusso] #666614
09/18/12 02:44 PM
09/18/12 02:44 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Joerusso
Im 2007 it saids boss arnold squitieri (spelled the way book speels it) plead guilty on april 20 to raceteriing n extortion was supposed to be tried with depalma bit ge plead out and got 92 months so he should be out or getting out depalma got 12 years and the fed even corrected the fbi's chart

He was acting boss for Peter when he was in prison supposedly he was underboss i don't know now though since Cefalu is boss.

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #666619
09/18/12 02:50 PM
09/18/12 02:50 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I read the joseph pistone book,and yes the mother of Joey the Mook d'Amico paid 50,000 $ at a capo,for get made the son.
Jerry Agiuolo of Boston, had problems because it wasn't a made , so in the 50s promised the boss Patriara $ 100,000 per month,if he will be made,and Patriarca made him.
Agiuolo dominated boston underworld from the 50's until 1986, when the FBI thanks to the bugs installed in his office was able to catch him, Bulger helped the feds to place the bugs.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 09/18/12 02:57 PM.
Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: furio_from_naples] #666629
09/18/12 03:45 PM
09/18/12 03:45 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
Anguilo is a peime example how u can pay your way in and not be respected ..when old man ray died zannino threw his support over anguilo cause he probably deep down never respected anguilo in matter of fact zannino one was one of the mobsters that extorted anguilo before he got made and lombardo gave anguilo permission to operate but pay him half and anguilo take the heat when lombardo shut everytbing down becaise crime commitee was having the hearings at the time

Last edited by Joerusso; 09/18/12 03:47 PM.

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #666650
09/18/12 05:54 PM
09/18/12 05:54 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
they would never do that today. way to easy for the police to get undercover

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: Ted] #666692
09/18/12 08:44 PM
09/18/12 08:44 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo

Well i've not read his book so didn't know about that but i think he's the exception . I don't see why someone would be willing to pay their way in in this day and age ( or ever ). Was the Jack Garcia infiltration not during Peter Gottis time as boss in the early 2000s? And would you recommend his book? [/quote]
I haven't finished the book, but from what I read it's really good. Garcia infiltrates Greg DePalma's crew and we learn a lot of how the modern day Mafia operates. DePalma is also an interesting character to read about. The guy that offered to pay to get made (Lenny Minuto) was an old timer who had tried to pay off every Gambino boss since Castellano to get made. By the time he went to DePalma, he upped his offer to a million. Again he was rejected. Falcone said according to rumours, a couple guys bought there way into a family, but they don't get a whole lot of respect because of it. [/quote]

I wonder why this guy Lenny Minuto could never get made on his own.If he had 1million dollers that means he must of been a really good earner and if he couldnt get made during the castellan0 years castellano really loved big earners i wonder what was wrong with this guy?I bet my life he could have easily been made with the colombos LOL

Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #675922
11/11/12 11:52 AM
11/11/12 11:52 AM
tommykarate Offline
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline
Underboss
Didn't bobby luisi basically pay merlino to make him

One thing about wiseguys...the hustle never ends.-tony soprano
Re: Getting Made by Deception [Re: AmericanCrime] #675938
11/11/12 12:25 PM
11/11/12 12:25 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
When you become Made, 95% of them all do a contract well according to Michael Franzese he never did a murder which I find quite odd. If you ever ask Mike if he did do murder, He'll say No or not reply.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull