GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (RushStreet, Toodoped, 1 invisible), 149 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,453
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Do low level gang members even know who is boss? #662847
08/28/12 01:16 PM
08/28/12 01:16 PM
Wilson Offline OP
Capo
Wilson  Offline OP
Capo
Do you think low level gang members are intelligent enough to even know who is the top boss when it comes to the gang they represent?

Here's another reason I do not classify gang bangers as real gangsters.

A real gangster knows who runs everything. No matter if they are an associate or a made man.

Your thoughts?

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Wilson] #662869
08/28/12 01:40 PM
08/28/12 01:40 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Wilson
Do you think low level gang members are intelligent enough to even know who is the top boss when it comes to the gang they represent?

Here's another reason I do not classify gang bangers as real gangsters.

A real gangster knows who runs everything. No matter if they are an associate or a made man.

Your thoughts?

Your probably right but i don't think it's because of they're intelligence or having to be a real gangster ( whatever that's supposed to mean ). I think they wouldn't know because the boss would only be known by a handful of people he trusts to avoid informants being able to testify against him.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Wilson] #662874
08/28/12 01:55 PM
08/28/12 01:55 PM
L
Loccisano Offline
Associate
Loccisano  Offline
L
Associate
There's no such thing as a "real gangster". They are all just crooks parasiting on the society. The question of how organized and structured the group is belongs in terms of how to fight it. No kind of organized crime deserves any glorification, period.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Wilson] #662879
08/28/12 02:13 PM
08/28/12 02:13 PM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I've thought about this and with the crime families etc And I think they dont communicate with them but do know who is boss. Especially nowadays when you got the Internet

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Wilson] #662899
08/28/12 03:35 PM
08/28/12 03:35 PM
Wilson Offline OP
Capo
Wilson  Offline OP
Capo
From what I see, mob figures are much more organized and knowledgeable of their day to day operations compared to a gang member. All the men in the Mob know who is running things.

There are quite a few men in gangs that would have no clue if their "leader" was passing by them on the street. I wouldn't even put it past them to try to rob their own boss. Since they don't know who the fuck he is.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Wilson] #662902
08/28/12 03:46 PM
08/28/12 03:46 PM
B
BordertownResident Offline
Made Member
BordertownResident  Offline
B
Made Member
I don't think mobsters are any more intelligent than gang members which both are basically the same thing. The only reason why street gangs get arrested more often is because of the drugs, it bring a lot of heat to anyone not just street gang members. Obviously the lowe level gang members know who the boss is, why do you think other wise? The most famous ones are usually the ones with the more weight on them, it's part of the drug game.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: BordertownResident] #662904
08/28/12 03:57 PM
08/28/12 03:57 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BordertownResident
Obviously the lowe level gang members know who the boss is, why do you think other wise? The most famous ones are usually the ones with the more weight on them, it's part of the drug game.

Exactly. A high level drug dealer is going to have a reputation on the streets. So his own gang members will at know who he is. The low level members may not no where their drug connection comes from or the network of distribution, but they have to know whose is giving it to them.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Wilson] #662984
08/28/12 10:14 PM
08/28/12 10:14 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
It depends on which street gangs are you referring to as the L.A gangs usually have no hierarchy but a collective structure, or are you referring to Chicago gangs which have an hierarchy. If you mean the latter , then you be amazed at the fact that Chicago's gangs are equal or more organized than any la cosa nostra family. Also, the members do know their leader by his nickname.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: BlackFamily] #662998
08/28/12 11:15 PM
08/28/12 11:15 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
It depends on which street gangs are you referring to as the L.A gangs usually have no hierarchy but a collective structure, or are you referring to Chicago gangs which have an hierarchy. If you mean the latter , then you be amazed at the fact that Chicago's gangs are equal or more organized than any la cosa nostra family. Also, the members do know their leader by his nickname.

street gangs are not even close to being more organized that mob famlies. If they were how do you explain the record numbers of street gang shootings in chicago

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 08/28/12 11:16 PM.
Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: BlackFamily] #663011
08/29/12 01:41 AM
08/29/12 01:41 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario

Not even close, but you are being sarcastic right? If you're not what facts can you show us to illustrate your point? Any articles/date from LE to lend credence to your claim?

Last edited by Mussolini14; 08/29/12 01:42 AM.
Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: NickyEyes1] #663025
08/29/12 04:35 AM
08/29/12 04:35 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

street gangs are not even close to being more organized that mob famlies. If they were how do you explain the record numbers of street gang shootings in chicago

Street gangs aren't as organized as the Mafia. But some street gangs ( Gangster Disciples, Vice Lords,...) are far more organized than some people may think.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Wilson] #663050
08/29/12 07:18 AM
08/29/12 07:18 AM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
Look into La Famlia in the atlanta area, 5 gangs all with bosses and structures joined together the exact same way that the 5 familys of new york do. Look it up, the only reason everyone has such a high opinion about mob families is because of places like this and the old days. The mob isnt on top anymore fellas, i hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Wilson] #663064
08/29/12 09:06 AM
08/29/12 09:06 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Yeah I heard about La Gran Familia. I thought it was a set under the Latin Kings. They are indeed very structured.
But I think people's fascination with the mob comes from all those Hollywood-movies. They think the mob is that superior, highly structured, glamorous crime syndicate. A lot of people need to wake up and smell the 21st century, because nowadays the mob is as gritty as any other mafia/street/prison/biker/cartel gang.
NO, and I repeat, NO criminal syndicate is as spectacular in real life as they are in the movies or as the media may want you to believe.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Wilson] #663067
08/29/12 09:22 AM
08/29/12 09:22 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
I can't remember where I read or saw it, but some associates didn't even know what crime family they were working for LOL. Also some FBI guys have said the current genovese guys are so secretive they don't even know other members of the family.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Wilson] #663070
08/29/12 09:28 AM
08/29/12 09:28 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
I think the Genovese is one family that will be very powerful for a long time. Especially since there are so few snitches in their organization.
The Gambinos have a long history of having total fucking psychos in their ranks though grin

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Wilson] #663073
08/29/12 09:50 AM
08/29/12 09:50 AM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Nicky I remember that being mentioned but I can't see how that's possible in this day and age!

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: TheKillingJoke] #663075
08/29/12 09:52 AM
08/29/12 09:52 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
I think the Genovese is one family that will be very powerful for a long time. Especially since there are so few snitches in their organization.
The Gambinos have a long history of having total fucking psychos in their ranks though grin

So do the Bonannos Mirra,Pitera,Galante.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Camarel] #663086
08/29/12 11:10 AM
08/29/12 11:10 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Camarel
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke

So do the Bonannos Mirra,Pitera,Galante.

Yeah, those guys also were demented

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Mussolini14] #663106
08/29/12 12:31 PM
08/29/12 12:31 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CFcQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcaselaw.findlaw.com%2Fus-7th-circuit%2F1498390.html&ei=iT8-UKn2NcLj0QGZ1oHICw&usg=AFQjCNF9-VhhWdn4-ii2r2_BWCqwGO0QHg. Here's my source if it comes out correctly. There's more articles if you want me to show more. My example will be the black disciples street organization, which is organized by a King, Don, Board of Directors, Ministers, Co-ministers, First Demetrius, Enforcers, and Soldiers. At their peak, drug sales earned them $500,000 a day and they have use there money to invest businesses, including a record label that came out with the hit single " Cha Cha Slide". Most of the top largest Chicago street organizations have a similar structure and the shootings are due to factions in-fighting and of course rivalry.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: BordertownResident] #663147
08/29/12 03:36 PM
08/29/12 03:36 PM
New Orleans LA
FrankGaglianoJR Offline
Button
FrankGaglianoJR  Offline
Button
New Orleans LA
I don't think mobsters are any more intelligent than gang members which both are basically the same thing. The only reason why street gangs get arrested more often is because of the drugs, it bring a lot of heat to anyone not just street gang members. Obviously the lowe level gang members know who the boss is, why do you think other wise? The most famous ones are usually the ones with the more weight on them, it's part of the drug game.

Sorry i cant agree with you i was in a street gang and a so called pretty oragnized one @ that...Gang members dont get arrested becase they deal in drugs...well i mean they do get arrested for drug but sorry to say it but gang memebers rob a place get high then fall a sleep in the get away vehicle... gang members are pretty dumb MS13 extortes people who run tortilla stands maybe they get 2 or 3 bucks... from each stand ..... there is no rules in gangs for the most partt.... gangs arnt deadly... i quit my gang without any repercussion and could be ratting to whoever abou my Governor... and they wouldnt do shit... gangs are weak unorganized un displined crap...

"According to my best recollection,I don't remember."
- Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo
Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: FrankGaglianoJR] #663148
08/29/12 03:37 PM
08/29/12 03:37 PM
New Orleans LA
FrankGaglianoJR Offline
Button
FrankGaglianoJR  Offline
Button
New Orleans LA
let me rephrase i said gangs arnt deadly.... they can be very deadly however... what i meant was me quiting the gang and not having o be in the program etc etc.

"According to my best recollection,I don't remember."
- Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo
Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: FrankGaglianoJR] #663153
08/29/12 03:48 PM
08/29/12 03:48 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: FrankGaglianoJR
let me rephrase i said gangs arnt deadly.... they can be very deadly however... what i meant was me quiting the gang and not having o be in the program etc etc.

You should've just edited it.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Camarel] #663192
08/29/12 05:14 PM
08/29/12 05:14 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
another difference between the mafia and street gangs is that street gangs didnt start off as a criminal thing. they were mostly just little clubs that were defending there neighbourhoods, it wasnt till much later with when drugs were introduced into things that they started to organise into more of a criminal group, unlike the mafia who practically engaged in criminal activity from the get go when they arrived in america.

Another thing about gangs is that not every member of a gang that has 1000s of members is going equally involved in criminal activity or drug trafficking. Say if the gangster disciples have over 50,000 members the leader not going to be able to control all 50,000 its practically impossible. Thats why there are so many different sets.

heres some info i found on gang structures.
All gangs have identifiable levels of membership. These levels of membership indicate status within a gang and acts as the organizational maintenance systems. There are actually six levels of gang structure.

1. Leadership:
The leader(s) of a gang determines at what level of criminal activity the gang will function. Characteristics of the leader(s) are reflected in the day to day activities of the gang. The leader is all powerful.

2. Hard Core:
The hard core gang members are usually the older gang members, the individuals who are culturally and criminally enmeshed in the gang and are at risk of being so for life. Most violent gang activity emanates from the hard core gang members. Hard core gang members usually make up about 10% of gang membership.
3. Associate:
The associate gang member has usually made a personal commitment to the gang culture and is dedicated to achieving the level of recognition needed to attain hard core status.

4. Fringe:
The fringe gang member is still able to function outside of the gang structure and has not made a commitment to a life in the criminal gang culture. This type of member drifts in and out of the gang and seems to lack direction.

5. Wanna-Bes:
Wanna-bes are not actually gang members. They are youth who view the gang as an exciting place to be, a place where they could become "somebody". Wanna-bes may emulate gang dress, graffiti, hand signs, and other gang cultural symbols, and they may associate with known gang members, but they have not yet been excepted into the gang.

Cliques:
Very seldom is the gang at full strength. Exceptions to this, of course, would be times of conflict or possibly at social functions. What is most often seen as "the gang" is usually a clique from within the larger gang. The clique is a group of associate, fringe, and often, wanna-be gang members who gravitate around one or more of the hard core gang members. This somewhat resembles a gang within a gang.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Wilson] #663360
08/30/12 05:42 AM
08/30/12 05:42 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Yeah what Scorsese said.
I think that most sets of a certain gang are just groups who do small-time activity for a nickel bag and for the rest are unorganized and weak. In other words : plain losers.
But there also are older sets who engage in the more organized activity like drug trafficking, prostitution, extortion of bigger shops or businesses,...

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: TheKillingJoke] #663369
08/30/12 08:29 AM
08/30/12 08:29 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
alot of members who grow up in the neighbourhood and join either out of necessity or to belong when they are young, i think a number of these end up becoming fringe members who commit small scale petty crimes for themselves or they might not commit any crime at all. These people are the ones most likely to drop out and have less chance of facing retaliation for it.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Wilson] #663427
08/30/12 01:08 PM
08/30/12 01:08 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Ofcourse they would, If you were a member of a high profile gang then your bound to know who is the Boss, Im not a member but I see the Boss in alot of Trial Cases.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Imamobguy] #663461
08/30/12 02:37 PM
08/30/12 02:37 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
The hardcore members and associates organise themselves around individuals that are making the gang its money. So the members with the drug connects, burglary rings, prostitution, fraud will be the people that the other hardcore gangsters will structure themselves around.

Heres a few recent cases.
leader of chicago drug trafficking ring sentenced.
ranking member of gangster disciples sentenced.
rolling 60s crips sex trafficking ring
ny id theft ring
bloods street gang targets nj banks in hi tech scams

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: FrankGaglianoJR] #664054
09/02/12 04:37 PM
09/02/12 04:37 PM
B
Made Member
B
Made Member
What gang where you from? I heard that New Orleans doesn't have gangs but crews. Not to be harsh or anything but you were probably a wannabe.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: BordertownResident] #664058
09/02/12 04:44 PM
09/02/12 04:44 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
What gang where you from? I heard that New Orleans doesn't have gangs but crews. Not to be harsh or anything but you were probably a wannabe.

He said he was in a street gang everywhere has street gangs you should use quote next time so people don't need to look through all the comments to know what you're talking about.

Re: Do low level gang members even know who is boss? [Re: Camarel] #664065
09/02/12 05:22 PM
09/02/12 05:22 PM
B
Made Member
B
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Camarel

He said he was in a street gang everywhere has street gangs you should use quote next time so people don't need to look through all the comments to know what you're talking about.

I used the quote but it sometiems doesn't work or I at least I thought I did! It's true though New Orleans doesn't have gangs just crews of drug dealers, though I heard there was a small Blood gang presenc but for the most part it just crews.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull