GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 297 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,439
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
State of the Families #662130
08/25/12 10:09 PM
08/25/12 10:09 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
I know this topic has probably been covered a million times in various other threads, but I thought I'd put my own spin and opinion on this. The stae of the mafia families in the US and how they are currently. I'll go down the list.
Power: Rank on scale of 1-10
Genovese- They take hits, but far fewer than the rest of New York. Their secret and not at all flashy. They have the most men on the street and no one matches them in terms of power. Like every family, they aren't what they used to be. But these guys are still the Ivy League of organized crime: 9
Gambino- Cefalu is free and a fair amount of capos with Lenny DiMaria due out soon and others. These guys nearly destroyed themselves when the Gotti's were in power, but they've kept it together somehow. No big indictments since take down day: 8
Lucchese- Crea will benefit the Family being the top boss. They have about 100 soldiers, and they have plenty of captains still on the street. Third most powerful after Gambino and Genovese:7
Bonanno- They've been shaky since Massino turned informant. No boss has stayed on the street for more than three years. As with all the New York Families, they still have a sizable precense and plenty of bread winners: 6
Colombo- Easily the weakest of the Five. But I agree with IvyLeague. They aren't going anywhere, but with their entire administration locked up, the outlook is grim. Still the mafia has proven to be resilient. So will they: 4
Chicago Outfit- From from hurt after Marcello, Calabrese, and Lombardo were locked up. DiFronzo and co. have plenty of guys on the street, though not as widespread as New York, they are still active within Chicago and are running strong: 7.5
Philly- A year and a half ago they would've been at least a 7. Now they are in transition period, trying to hold off the Feds while Ligambi is on trial. Merlino will take the reins again, but as to how long he'll remain out of jail is anyone's guess: 4
DeCavalcante- No big indictments since 2005, and Frank Guaracci and Joe Miranda are still on the street. New Jersey is anyone's guess because little is known about them right now, but mine is that they are operating but I'm not sure if they've climbed out of the hole: 6
Patriarca- This Family is an absolute mess. The DiNunzio brothers are in prison, DeLuca and Rossetti turned informant. There's no clear boss and the North End faction is severely weakened: 3
Buffalo- I don't think anyone really knows about this Family anymore. Some say they are still fairly active, others claim their operations are independent from one another. I wouldn't call them dead, but I've heard Lenny Falzone is boss and they still run gambling in upstate New York: 4
Detroit- Another mysterious Family. Jack Tocco is Boss, and he's been out of the can since 2001. They are all getting old, but probably are still reeling in money. What influence they hold outside of Detroit is anyone's guess. But I'll give them a 6.5 since they avoid law enforcement.

Alright I'm done. Any thoughts?

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662140
08/25/12 10:42 PM
08/25/12 10:42 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
i think you rated the patriarca's a little low

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662141
08/25/12 10:43 PM
08/25/12 10:43 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Even with all the recent shit that's happened to them?

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662144
08/25/12 10:46 PM
08/25/12 10:46 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
yeah but they still probably got 35-50 guys on the street. How long are The DiNunzio brothers in jail

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662150
08/25/12 10:50 PM
08/25/12 10:50 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Anthony DiNunzio's case is pending. Carmine DiNunzio is serving six years. He was sentenced in 2009. He'll be out in 2015. Even so that Family has had some major hits within the last three yeats

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662152
08/25/12 10:53 PM
08/25/12 10:53 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Peter limone avoided jail time too

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662155
08/25/12 11:00 PM
08/25/12 11:00 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
I know this topic has probably been covered a million times in various other threads, but I thought I'd put my own spin and opinion on this. The stae of the mafia families in the US and how they are currently. I'll go down the list.
Genovese- They take hits, but far fewer than the rest of New York. Their secret and not at all flashy. They have the most men on the street and no one matches them in terms of power. Like every family, they aren't what they used to be. But these guys are still the Ivy League of organized crime: 9
Gambino- Cefalu is free and a fair amount of capos with Lenny DiMaria due out soon and others. These guys nearly destroyed themselves when the Gotti's were in power, but they've kept it together somehow. No big indictments since take down day: 8
Lucchese- Crea will benefit the Family being the top boss. They have about 100 soldiers, and they have plenty of captains still on the street. Third most powerful after Gambino and Genovese:7
Bonanno- They've been shaky since Massino turned informant. No boss has stayed on the street for more than three years. As with all the New York Families, they still have a sizable precense and plenty of bread winners: 6
Colombo- Easily the weakest of the Five. But I agree with IvyLeague. They aren't going anywhere, but with their entire administration locked up, the outlook is grim. Still the mafia has proven to be resilient. So will they: 4
Chicago Outfit- From from hurt after Marcello, Calabrese, and Lombardo were locked up. DiFronzo and co. have plenty of guys on the street, though not as widespread as New York, they are still active within Chicago and are running strong: 7.5
Philly- A year and a half ago they would've been at least a 7. Now they are in transition period, trying to hold off the Feds while Ligambi is on trial. Merlino will take the reins again, but as to how long he'll remain out of jail is anyone's guess: 4
DeCavalcante- No big indictments since 2005, and Frank Guaracci and Joe Miranda are still on the street. New Jersey is anyone's guess because little is known about them right now, but mine is that they are operating but I'm not sure if they've climbed out of the hole: 6
Patriarca- This Family is an absolute mess. The DiNunzio brothers are in prison, DeLuca and Rossetti turned informant. There's no clear boss and the North End faction is severely weakened: 3
Buffalo- I don't think anyone really knows about this Family anymore. Some say they are still fairly active, others claim their operations are independent from one another. I wouldn't call them dead, but I've heard Lenny Falzone is boss and they still run gambling in upstate New York: 4
Detroit- Another mysterious Family. Jack Tocco is Boss, and he's been out of the can since 2001. They are all getting old, but probably are still reeling in money. What influence they hold outside of Detroit is anyone's guess. But I'll give them a 6.5 since they avoid law enforcement.

How ca n you have New England at 3 while Detroit is 6.5 and Buffalo are 4? Regardless of the hits they've take they're still much larger and more active than those 2.

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662156
08/25/12 11:01 PM
08/25/12 11:01 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
From what I know about Limone, they government let him off because they charged him with a murder they know he didn't do. Instead he got five years probation. He's still active, but I don't think I can fully take the reins until his probation is up which isn't for another 2 years. The Feds will stick his ass back in jail if they catch him doing illicite activities.

Re: State of the Families [Re: Camarel] #662158
08/25/12 11:02 PM
08/25/12 11:02 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: Camarel

How ca n you have New England at 3 while Detroit is 6.5 and Buffalo are 4? Regardless of the hits they've take they're still much larger and more active than those 2.

I did so because Detroit has a full administration. Buffalo was a bit much, but New England has to be very weak. Doesn't Detroit have around 50 made guys?

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662160
08/25/12 11:05 PM
08/25/12 11:05 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Camarel

I did so because Detroit has a full administration. Buffalo was a bit much, but New England has to be very weak. Doesn't Detroit have around 50 made guys?

No chance Detroit has 50 made guys. Ivy league believes there's 9 he listed them somewhere on the forum . I don't think Buffalos active at all any more.

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662161
08/25/12 11:08 PM
08/25/12 11:08 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
You can throw a lot of speculation on Buffalo. However I've read all sorts of things on Detroit ranging from the smallest family to one of the strongest. I'm assuming Ivy is the go to guy on here?

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662162
08/25/12 11:09 PM
08/25/12 11:09 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
no way theres nine. probably 20 to 35

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662171
08/25/12 11:20 PM
08/25/12 11:20 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Agreed

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662248
08/26/12 03:30 AM
08/26/12 03:30 AM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
If anything the feds would want to bust Limone after having to give him 25 mil, and are you saying the colombos have a 4 in terms of power and tye outfit gets a 7?

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662249
08/26/12 03:31 AM
08/26/12 03:31 AM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
If anything the feds would want to bust Limone after having to give him 25 mil, and are you saying the colombos have a 4 in terms of power and tye outfit gets a 7?

Re: State of the Families [Re: danielperrygin] #662357
08/26/12 06:19 PM
08/26/12 06:19 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: danielperrygin

I based the ratings on how hard law enforcement has hit them. Chicago while not as large as New York, still has DiFronzo, Andriacchi, D'Amico, Fratto, and whole host of others still out on the street. The Colombos are hit year after year with indictments. They aren't down, but in terms of structure and stability the Outfit is way beyond the Colombo Family.

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662362
08/26/12 06:22 PM
08/26/12 06:22 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
does anyone else think family secrets didnt hurt chicago as much as they made it sound? Because i heard Lombardo was semi retired, calabrese was a soldier, and i dont think the others were even made. The biggest hit to them was defiantely marcello

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 08/26/12 06:28 PM.
Re: State of the Families [Re: NickyEyes1] #662364
08/26/12 06:29 PM
08/26/12 06:29 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
does anyone else think family secrets didnt hurt chicago as much as they made it sound? Because i heard Lombardo was semi retired, calabrese was a soldier, and i dont think the others were even made. The biggest hit to them were defiantely marcello

I agree with you. I fact, I am would be surprised if I met somebody who thought the opposite. I don't have first hand knowledge, but from what I read, it seems to me the only case in which the Outfit came close to a real blow was when Ricca and the other leaders got 10 years in the 40s. But unfortunately everybody got out in 3,5 years, so it's as if nothing happened.
By the way, wasn't Calabrese a capo?

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662365
08/26/12 06:32 PM
08/26/12 06:32 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
i think he was just soldier but he probably had more power than the average soldier

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662366
08/26/12 06:33 PM
08/26/12 06:33 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
and frank caruso is the south side capo

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662367
08/26/12 06:35 PM
08/26/12 06:35 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Chicago was not seriously hurt by Family Secrets. I heard Marcello was a front while Lombardo, DiFronzo and others held the real power. They have plenty of manpower on the streets and leadership is complete at the top. That's why I ranked them ahead of the Colombo Family. They have stability.

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662369
08/26/12 06:42 PM
08/26/12 06:42 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
I agree

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662372
08/26/12 06:51 PM
08/26/12 06:51 PM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
Ok i hear ya. Thats 49s case is one i wold like to research in my free time, its my understand they basically extorted almost every movie threat ij the country throuh the unions in california and the ability to blow up a threat in any city in the country threw tue "mafia" networks. That the way Nittis mobsters episode makes it out to be atleast lol.

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662373
08/26/12 06:52 PM
08/26/12 06:52 PM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
Ok i hear ya. Thats 49s case is one i wold like to research in my free time, its my understand they basically extorted almost every movie threat ij the country throuh the unions in california and the ability to blow up a threat in any city in the country threw tue "mafia" networks. That the way Nittis mobsters episode makes it out to be atleast lol.

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662375
08/26/12 06:53 PM
08/26/12 06:53 PM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
*40s and im sorry yall i wish it wouls stop posting twice also

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662394
08/26/12 07:45 PM
08/26/12 07:45 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Chicago is like the Genovese Family, they've been good at avoiding law enforcement. Everyone gets nailed at some point, but the more low key you are the longer you last.

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662398
08/26/12 09:07 PM
08/26/12 09:07 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Sarno is a big loss

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662404
08/26/12 09:30 PM
08/26/12 09:30 PM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
There is a good article about sarno and his partner i see if i can find

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662406
08/26/12 10:01 PM
08/26/12 10:01 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
here is the article on sarno and his partner i think you were talking about

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2011/03/new-fbi-document-details-rise-of-mutt.html

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: State of the Families [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #662411
08/26/12 10:14 PM
08/26/12 10:14 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
anyone know current status of Salvatore Cataudella

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4