GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (CNote, mobcleve, 1 invisible), 276 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,845
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,308
Posts1,058,348
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #661993
08/25/12 07:33 AM
08/25/12 07:33 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
from what ive read and heard these guys are a more restrained version of the mexicans. They sell drugs in their own projects as well as large scale in other countries, they dump garbage and toxic waste in every possible space causing also sorts of health and environmental hazards. They recruit enough people that alot of them can be expendable. Killing doesnt matter because it keeps everyone scared including the public. Its almost like a third world gangsterdom except its in italy.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: TheKillingJoke] #662000
08/25/12 09:55 AM
08/25/12 09:55 AM
London, UK
C
ciccogol Offline
Wiseguy
ciccogol  Offline
C
Wiseguy
London, UK
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
But I don't think that clan fueds are to be drawn among ethnic lines. Irish Catholics have blood fueds ( and not just the Travellers), Glasgow Scots, East End Londeners, Liverpudlians, among the poorer Dutch and German communities, French Canadians, Rednecks in Texas,...there have been clan and family feuds in all of those groups. Maybe not as deeply rooted as in the communities you mentioned, but they still exist.

You are right of course. There is nothing genetic in the development of culture and western Europeans of fifty years ago would have much more of an ability to 'understand' the culture of vendetta and familial pride. In my pseudo-psychological view, the extreme individualism in Western Euro (i.e Protestant) and US culture, which is centuries old, makes it harder for people in that culture to take an insult against their uncle or sister as an insult against themselves.
In Germany, you can just leave home and never look back. In Italy, for example, you can not escape your blood and history so easily.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Five_Felonies] #662024
08/25/12 12:59 PM
08/25/12 12:59 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

im not a advocate of the death penalty i guess its bullshit in o.c. but the mass killings murders kill them the guy outside the empire buildin even thou the cops shot a few extras, but if italy had the death pen. they would crush the mafia like they did here. cause without fear it dont work.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Five_Felonies] #662075
08/25/12 07:34 PM
08/25/12 07:34 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Scorsese and ciccogol are both spot on with their posts. I always say Camorra are more gang-like than the other mafias. Those slums in Scampia are horrible and disgusting living conditions, but if you want the privilege of living there, you pay to the Camorra. They will have your lights and electric shut off, if you don't pay to them. It's horrible.

As far as death penalty goes...first off..it'll never happen, being that Italy is the most Catholic country in the world. Second...who are you putting to death? An entire region, ie Sicily? They're under every rock and everywhere. And last..the most heinous murders are against each other. They do Italy a favor, actually, by killing off each other.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: carmela] #662080
08/25/12 07:53 PM
08/25/12 07:53 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: carmela
And last..the most heinous murders are against each other. They do Italy a favor, actually, by killing off each other.

The killings the Scampia camorra is most famous for (or maybe it's better to say "infamous") had some innocent people as victims. For example, Cosimo Di Lauro had a former girlfriend of one camorrista tortured and burned for not saying where her former boyfriend was hiding while she probably didn't even know where he was and had nothing to do with him since a long time.
His hitmen also shot a young man who had nothing to do with the camorra because they mistook him for their intended target. And Paolo Di Lauro had some innocent relatives of the boss Antonio Ruocco killed (his old mother in particular).
I agree that most of the killings involve rival criminals, but the murders of innocents, even though relatively few in comparison, in my opinion are more than enough.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 08/25/12 07:55 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Dwalin2011] #662086
08/25/12 08:03 PM
08/25/12 08:03 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
And last..the most heinous murders are against each other. They do Italy a favor, actually, by killing off each other.

The killings the Scampia camorra is most famous for (or maybe it's better to say "infamous") had some innocent people as victims. For example, Cosimo Di Lauro had a former girlfriend of one camorrista tortured and burned for not saying where her former boyfriend was hiding while she probably didn't even know where he was and had nothing to do with him since a long time.
His hitmen also shot a young man who had nothing to do with the camorra because they mistook him for their intended target. And Paolo Di Lauro had some innocent relatives of the boss Antonio Ruocco killed (his old mother in particular).
I agree that most of the killings involve rival criminals, but the murders of innocents, even though relatively few in comparison, in my opinion are more than enough.

Whaddya gonna do...what more can I tell you..this is the life.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: carmela] #662088
08/25/12 08:08 PM
08/25/12 08:08 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
They're under every rock and everywhere. And last..the most heinous murders are against each other. They do Italy a favor, actually, by killing off each other.

Just like snakes.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Five_Felonies] #662455
08/26/12 11:12 PM
08/26/12 11:12 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Something else I was going to mention, as just an aside, is Gaetano's daughter (maybe 12 years old, not sure) appeared on an Italian tv show awhile back and Gaetano was sitting front row, while she dedicated a song to him. It caused a huge uproar that a boss would be able to sit there while his daughter sang to him on state tv.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: carmela] #662461
08/26/12 11:18 PM
08/26/12 11:18 PM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo
Something else I was going to mention, as just an aside, is Gaetano's daughter (maybe 12 years old, not sure) appeared on an Italian tv show awhile back and Gaetano was sitting front row, while she dedicated a song to him. It caused a huge uproar that a boss would be able to sit there while his daughter sang to him on state tv.

Go to :45 to see a clip

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: EddieCoyle] #662464
08/26/12 11:20 PM
08/26/12 11:20 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Montague

Go to :45 to see a clip

Aww, there ya go. That was it. I hadn't even watched the vid, thanks Montague.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Five_Felonies] #662472
08/26/12 11:25 PM
08/26/12 11:25 PM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo
Anytime, you Canadian hating yank.

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: EddieCoyle] #662474
08/26/12 11:26 PM
08/26/12 11:26 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Montague
Anytime, you Canadian hating yank.

Oh dear, where is this coming from? I'm a lover, not a fighter. kiss kiss.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: carmela] #662495
08/27/12 12:20 AM
08/27/12 12:20 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Oh dear, where is this coming from? I'm a lover, not a fighter.

When did this happen??

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Sonny_Black] #662497
08/27/12 12:23 AM
08/27/12 12:23 AM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Oh dear, where is this coming from? I'm a lover, not a fighter.

When did this happen??

Today. Noon-ish. I don't expect it to last though.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Five_Felonies] #662528
08/27/12 07:06 AM
08/27/12 07:06 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
http://www.ilpost.it/2012/08/23/la-volta-che-gaetano-marino-era-stato-in-tv/

The time that Marino went on TV
In Terracina was killed Gaetano Marino, 48, considered to be the boss of the Camorra clan secessionist of Scampia. Marino was at the beach and was killed, according to witnesses, at least seven shots. Marino had talked a lot last February, when Roberto Saviano had accused the RAI hosted it and somehow honored on TV
The story of Gaetano Marino McKay. Gaetano Marino is at the top of the Scissionisti, also known as the Spanish, have come out victorious of the war inside the Di Lauro Cartel. Participated in the feud the Marinos. Gaetano is in fact the brother of Gennaro Marino, promoter military feud. They are called the "McKay" because his father Crescenzo (killed by Di Lauro as revenge) looked like an old character of a TV western. Gaetano was discovered in December 2004 in a luxury hotel on the Sorrento coast, hid there to escape the vengeance killer of rivals who sought him, and was always accompanied by his butler who was responsible for his care. Gaetano Marino can not eat alone, can not cook, can not open the doors, he can not drink alone. He lost both hands to the explosion of a bomb. War of the Camorra against Ruocco, 90s, they wanted to blow the house and a bomb exploded in his hand. This is one of the versions. Others say that he lost his hands because he was throwing a hand grenade exploded prematurely. Gaetano Marino was for the Camorra an ambassador of the partnerships of Secondigliano with the Albanian mafia, as demonstrated by the investigation of Gico of Bari of October 2010.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Five_Felonies] #662529
08/27/12 07:17 AM
08/27/12 07:17 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy

http://qn.quotidiano.net/cronaca/2012/08...ffidabile.shtml

Murder of Terracina, a fugitiveis constituted and reveals, "Marino executed because unreliable

Latina August 26, 2012 - This is handed over to the police after learning of the death of Gaetano Marino, who was killed by two killer with ten shots last Thursday on the seafront of Terracina. Gianluca Giugliano said ' Pigeon 'has been arrested in Secondigliano for don't make the same end of' McKay '. The 31 year old, considered the gunner of the secessionists, it seemed just a river in flood. According to initial statements reported that the young 'stump' - the nickname Gaetano Marino - had been cornered and square dealing entrusted to another person, such a Roberto M. For this reason the man was killed by Vanella Grassi.

The murder of Marino would have been decided in a meeting that was held at Case Celesti , expansion area for those in power to Vanella Grassi from where it would leave the car with the killer who gunned down 'the stump'. To Marino, in fact, as reported by Giugliano, was taken from the square in dealing for a couple reasons: first, due to a substantial shortfall of money from the coffers of the Case Celesti and the other due to the fact that man have used cocaine showing the clan some "unreliable". Hence the decision, after the ouster full-blown 'McKay' from the square of the store, to kill him .

As reported by Giugliano, the murder of Marino is a strong message to the clan and demonstrate the conquest of the Case Celesti by Magnetti-Petriccione clan and the other a revival of the Di Lauro as 'McKay' was the number one enemy of the historical clan and the killing the Vanella Grassi would somehow paved the way for their eventual return.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #662794
08/28/12 09:08 AM
08/28/12 09:08 AM
Antonio Offline
Made Member
Antonio  Offline
Made Member
I think people are mixing up what normal, average people call "Honor" and what these Mafia criminals call Honor. Honor for us normal people is being a good person, striving for good deeds and helping others around you for the sake of global peace and happiness. For a mobster it could mean something totally different, as their is no such definition really of what honor is as it's different to everybody.

I agree though that the Italians in the mafia in Italy are much more disciplined and have more "honor" in what they are in. They go to incredible lengths to keep up what they aim for, yes , they even hide in holes and bunkers as if they were in Iraq fighting terrorists. In that sense they have much more honor and pride for what they stand for. In Italy which I go to every year, It is safe to say that respect comes first, even though they earn hell loads of money.

In America it's the other way around. Even the Mafia informants in Italy in the past haven't betrayed their friends because they fear prison. For example Buscetta apparently tried to commit suicide instead of co-operating. But when this failed he feared not for his life, but for his family.

Tony Soprano : I thought I told you to back off Beansie!

Richie Aprile : I did, Then I put it in drive..
Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: TheKillingJoke] #663363
08/30/12 06:27 AM
08/30/12 06:27 AM
Antonio Offline
Made Member
Antonio  Offline
Made Member
The Camorra is pretty much plagued by constant turf wars. That's why the Neapolitans are viewed as the most violent of all Italians. A friend of mine, who's Calabrian, always says this.

Hehe, that's wierd because my friends say that the true beasts in Italy who are really crazy are the Calabrians. Not just from a mafia point of view but just the people in general lol

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Antonio] #663365
08/30/12 06:50 AM
08/30/12 06:50 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Antonio
The Camorra is pretty much plagued by constant turf wars. That's why the Neapolitans are viewed as the most violent of all Italians. A friend of mine, who's Calabrian, always says this.

Hehe, that's wierd because my friends say that the true beasts in Italy who are really crazy are the Calabrians. Not just from a mafia point of view but just the people in general lol

Well yes, It's not as if the Calabrians themselves come out completely clean lol
But most Calabrians I know ( Italians in my country are mostly from Calabria ) seem to label the Neapolitans as the most violent. Maybe it's because the city of Naples has this reputation.

Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 08/30/12 06:50 AM.
Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Five_Felonies] #663370
08/30/12 08:34 AM
08/30/12 08:34 AM
Naples,Italy
F
Frank Offline
Button
Frank  Offline
F
Button
Naples,Italy
nobody knows what exactly is goin on in secondigliano.
surely a drug war with two or three groups involved but the alliances aren t clear yet. yesterday another man was killed. i suggest this blog to who understand a little of italian wink

http://faidadiscampia.blogspot.it/

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Frank] #663392
08/30/12 10:53 AM
08/30/12 10:53 AM
Antonio Offline
Made Member
Antonio  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Frank
nobody knows what exactly is goin on in secondigliano.
surely a drug war with two or three groups involved but the alliances aren t clear yet. yesterday another man was killed. i suggest this blog to who understand a little of italian wink

http://faidadiscampia.blogspot.it/

Yeah and another two injured, probably passers by. How sad.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Five_Felonies] #663594
08/30/12 10:27 PM
08/30/12 10:27 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
neapolitans are the most hated by northern italians, even more than sicilians and calabrians

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Five_Felonies] #663633
08/31/12 09:16 AM
08/31/12 09:16 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
I feel to compare the Camorra with the Mexican Cartels. With an easier and more adjustable structure, no burning-card mambo jumbo, easy to be part of even if you're still in elementary school - sort of thing.

And the amount of poverty that you get in Naples and in the surrounding areas is (sadly) the worst in Western Europe. So there is a mile-long line of kids waiting to be accepted just to escape from complete poverty.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Five_Felonies] #663653
08/31/12 12:17 PM
08/31/12 12:17 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i remember reading about this guy in that gomarrah book his nickname was wooden hands or stubs he was pretty bad ass, the movie i didnt understand the guy was running money to family members in jail but he was scared for his life i felt bad for the guy but nobody loves you when you on the bottom.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: LuanKuci] #663656
08/31/12 12:29 PM
08/31/12 12:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
And the amount of poverty that you get in Naples and in the surrounding areas is (sadly) the worst in Western Europe. So there is a mile-long line of kids waiting to be accepted just to escape from complete poverty.

Very true.

And if---a very big if---you buy into the liberal theology that growing up in abject poverty makes people more likely to commit violent crimes, then it makes sense that the Cammoristi from Naples are more prone to violence than their Calabrian and Sicilian counterparts.

But it's not like the average Calabrian or Sicilian grew up on Fifth Avenue. I've seen many of those villages. Far from it wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! [Re: Five_Felonies] #663721
08/31/12 09:58 PM
08/31/12 09:58 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
violence and poverty are not always related calabria and sicily are even poorer than campania and naples
the fact is that camorra is more fractured than cosa nostra and ndrangheta

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull