GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 126 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,664
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Death of the A-list movie star? #660766
08/18/12 08:39 AM
08/18/12 08:39 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
So argues Hollywood Reporter, which makes a good case that the days of paying somebody $20 million plus profit % this side of Tom Cruise to make your movie is now an arcaic practice because the "stars" aren't the stars anymore, but your property. Which makes sense in this era of Batman and Twilight.

Consider that Tobey Maguire was paid $20 million for his last Spider-Man movie. The new Peter Parker in Andrew Garfield got only half a million upfront.

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2...definition?lite

Re: Death of the A-list movie star? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #660769
08/18/12 09:49 AM
08/18/12 09:49 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
So argues Hollywood Reporter, which makes a good case that the days of paying somebody $20 million plus profit % this side of Tom Cruise to make your movie is now an arcaic practice because the "stars" aren't the stars anymore, but your property. Which makes sense in this era of Batman and Twilight.

Consider that Tobey Maguire was paid $20 million for his last Spider-Man movie. The new Peter Parker in Andrew Garfield got only half a million upfront.

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2...definition?lite

More the death of their Career the Headline is misleading

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Death of the A-list movie star? [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #660770
08/18/12 10:08 AM
08/18/12 10:08 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Don't know if it's cause I'm older but it does seem something is definitely missing from this A-list of movie stars. I don't know some of them and some I do know are IMHO mediocre (for lack of a better word). ohwell

There are some of "today's" actors I think are very good. We hear often of the "glamor" of Hollywood past. Perhaps that's missing? I just don't think people like (and not necessarily mentioned in article posted) Kirsten Stewart, Emma Stone, Angelina Jolie and others are "A-List" even tho they make big bucks and may be treated as such.

Compare any of them to the likes of "Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, James Cagney, James Stewart, etc in that era and there is a difference. Then again, times have changed that's for sure. I think we need to change/adapt with the times but sometimes it seems like we "settle" no?

Interesting topic though smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Death of the A-list movie star? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #661051
08/20/12 01:01 AM
08/20/12 01:01 AM
Providence, RI
F
Fat_Ralph Offline
Button
Fat_Ralph  Offline
F
Button
Providence, RI
Its def a cultural shift with today's actors and movies(IE no good mob movies all this BS vampire/werewolf and just plain old dumb reboots or horrible scripts/movie ideas),I think the whole thing about them getting paid 7 figures for a role is insane, mostly cause now actors are more or less like professional Atletes they sign contracts with Movie Production companies and are paid for a certain amount of movies rather than being a free agent actor and doing roles that interest them, they are being type-casted and paid off of what they last did--I dont know if Im making much sense in this but Im running on fumes pulled another 18hr work day, and Im usually off work on Sundays.... SMMFH..

"NEVER GET HIGH ON YOUR OWN SUPPLY"-ELVIS AARON PRESLEY
Re: Death of the A-list movie star? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #661188
08/20/12 05:59 PM
08/20/12 05:59 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
... and don't forget the plethora of computer generated films. The story is not as important as the visual effect. Great story required great actors and great actors made good stories great.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull