GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, 2 invisible), 252 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,324
Posts1,058,605
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hotel Hell #660410
08/16/12 10:08 AM
08/16/12 10:08 AM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline OP
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline OP
Underboss
New Jersey
who has seen this show? its with gordon ramsey, think kitchen nightmares just swapped with hotels. i know its a little over the top but its very entertaining. a must see if you are a fan of ramsey!

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Five_Felonies] #660441
08/16/12 01:35 PM
08/16/12 01:35 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I love and watch everything Ramsay -- but we already have Hotel Impossible hosted by someone who knows about running world-class hotels. I hope he hasn't spread himself too thin, or become a caricature of himself...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Hotel Hell [Re: J Geoff] #660448
08/16/12 01:45 PM
08/16/12 01:45 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I watched it. I really didn't like the show. That epi was boring. I also like Gordan. But I love Hells Kitchen & Master Chef.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Five_Felonies] #660451
08/16/12 01:46 PM
08/16/12 01:46 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline OP
Underboss
Underboss
New Jersey
i have never seen hotel impossible. how is it? i forget where i heard the quote about ramsey but it went something like this "it's very enjoyable to watch someone who is so comfortable with his own cockiness." its just fun to watch people get belittled on tv by him .

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Five_Felonies] #660469
08/16/12 02:14 PM
08/16/12 02:14 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
If you had Gordon Ramsey's money problems, then you would do anything they asked as long as they pay well. Another "just like" show that he is used to doing is as easy as it get for the hot temper Brit.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Five_Felonies] #660477
08/16/12 02:35 PM
08/16/12 02:35 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
I haven't been following the entertainment news much lately - is Gordon Ramsay in deep financial trouble?

Admittedly, I was quite surprised to hear that Ramsay was going to do a show of this kind. I watch his other shows on TV (broadcast only; I don't have cable anymore) and figured I'd give the new one a try.

First off, I saw the initial two episodes and think it might be a little early to pass judgement on the whole series after watching only two shows. I noticed that they made sure to have Gordon in the inn's kitchen. That was good. However, I really wonder if that hotel will really succeed. The two owners were initially such assholes that I found myself not giving a damn if the hotel went under - but only hoped for a positive outcome because I felt a lot of sympathy for the staff.

But, those two owners? Loathed them. If the younger one could really change and they could keep his older boyfriend ("I em zee boss!") chained up out back inside the RV, then maybe the place has a chance in the long run. I mean, the hotel itself was gorgeous. Not a fleabag rat-trap by any means. The type of place I wouldn't mind staying at.

But, it showed that you really had to work hard to be disliked so strongly by so many of the locals. An interesting part for me was when Gordon went to visit the previous chef, who was loved and respected by the staff. When she said that there was no way that she would come back, even for a visit (and why), that said a lot.

I plan to watch the next episodes, if I can, so I can see if I really want to stick with this new show. I'm keeping an open mind.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Signor Vitelli] #660515
08/16/12 07:45 PM
08/16/12 07:45 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli

First off, I saw the initial two episodes and think it might be a little early to pass judgement on the whole series after watching only two shows. I noticed that they made sure to have Gordon in the inn's kitchen. That was good. However, I really wonder if that hotel will really succeed. The two owners were initially such assholes that I found myself not giving a damn if the hotel went under - but only hoped for a positive outcome because I felt a lot of sympathy for the staff.

But, those two owners? Loathed them. If the younger one could really change and they could keep his older boyfriend ("I em zee boss!") chained up out back inside the RV, then maybe the place has a chance in the long run. I mean, the hotel itself was gorgeous. Not a fleabag rat-trap by any means. The type of place I wouldn't mind staying at.

But, it showed that you really had to work hard to be disliked so strongly by so many of the locals. An interesting part for me was when Gordon went to visit the previous chef, who was loved and respected by the staff. When she said that there was no way that she would come back, even for a visit (and why), that said a lot.

I felt the same way. Not paying the employees for weeks at a time oh my I don't know if I would've stuck it out. Plus the black haired boss was stealing the tips from his workers what a sleaze ball. I would like for Gordan to go back to the hotel to do an update and see how they are doing.

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Mignon] #660521
08/16/12 07:55 PM
08/16/12 07:55 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline OP
Underboss
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Mignon
I felt the same way. Not paying the employees for weeks at a time oh my I don't know if I would've stuck it out. Plus the black haired boss was stealing the tips from his workers what a sleaze ball. I would like for Gordan to go back to the hotel to do an update and see how they are doing.
the worst part was that these owners got mad at thier employees when the employees got mad at them because they weren't getting paid. if you are not getting paid on time then that means the employer isn't living up to thier end of the agreement, no excuses. sadly, this type of garbage is all too common in the service industry.

one place i worked at would issue checks on a friday, but they wouldn't clear until the following wednesday. this can cause alot of problems for people who are living check to check. after it happened time and time again i told them that i wouldn't be working until i had cash in my hand. ended up with $500 in singles and a pissed off manager but that job didn't last much longer anyways.

bottom line is that paying employees on time should be the #1 priority for employers no matter what. if you are having problems getting the money that you are owed take it as a hint that something major isn't right and it would probably be a good idea to start looking for a better job!

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Five_Felonies] #660554
08/16/12 11:36 PM
08/16/12 11:36 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: Mignon
the worst part was that these owners got mad at thier employees when the employees got mad at them because they weren't getting paid. if you are not getting paid on time then that means the employer isn't living up to thier end of the agreement, no excuses. sadly, this type of garbage is all too common in the service industry.

one place i worked at would issue checks on a friday, but they wouldn't clear until the following wednesday. this can cause alot of problems for people who are living check to check. after it happened time and time again i told them that i wouldn't be working until i had cash in my hand. ended up with $500 in singles and a pissed off manager but that job didn't last much longer anyways.

bottom line is that paying employees on time should be the #1 priority for employers no matter what. if you are having problems getting the money that you are owed take it as a hint that something major isn't right and it would probably be a good idea to start looking for a better job!

A friend had the same problem of not getting his pay on time or checks that bounced. Seem that the owner who now lived in Fla. didn't know that his right hand man he picked to run his place had a gambling problem AND a problem with putting some white powder up his nose.....

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: fathersson] #660623
08/17/12 10:54 AM
08/17/12 10:54 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
SV, i seem to remember it being in our news a while ago that old craggy face was in the financial mire, as it were.....

The fact that he is still buzzing about on both sides of the Atlantic prove that he must still be making a pound/buck or three though eh? tongue

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #660750
08/18/12 01:06 AM
08/18/12 01:06 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
SV, i seem to remember it being in our news a while ago that old craggy face was in the financial mire, as it were.....

The fact that he is still buzzing about on both sides of the Atlantic prove that he must still be making a pound/buck or three though eh? tongue

Well Yogi, after reading your post I did what I probably should have done earlier: a Google search.

You sure were right, and boy, were my eyes opened. eek

As a matter of fact, all I've done at this point is just peruse the search results; I haven't even started to read the articles yet. But here is the result page I got for the search with the words:

Gordon Ramsay financial trouble

I had no idea things had turned this dire for the man. It seemed like only yesterday that he was at the top of the (culinary) world, opening restaurants right and left and could do no wrong.

Things certainly have changed.

Signor V.

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Signor Vitelli] #660765
08/18/12 07:53 AM
08/18/12 07:53 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Well Yogi, after reading your post I did what I probably should have done earlier: a Google search.

You sure were right, and boy, were my eyes opened. eek

As a matter of fact, all I've done at this point is just peruse the search results; I haven't even started to read the articles yet. But here is the result page I got for the search with the words:

Gordon Ramsay financial trouble

I had no idea things had turned this dire for the man. It seemed like only yesterday that he was at the top of the (culinary) world, opening restaurants right and left and could do no wrong.

Things certainly have changed.

Signor V.

and then the bubble busted and high scale seemed to a thing the average person seem to be able to do without when they tighted their belts.

Like I pointed out earlier....as big as Ramsey was, or the world thought he was with his big talk and loud tone...Money still is the king that drives anyones world.

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: fathersson] #661313
08/21/12 01:04 PM
08/21/12 01:04 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Well, another episode aired last night.

This time, it was given to us in one installment instead of being broken into two parts. And, frankly, this was a good thing. IMO, there wasn't nearly as much drama this time around as with the first hotel and those two (ugh!) owners.

But - or, maybe that should be "butt" - for the second time in two hotels, Our Hero went nude. Yep, another shot of a stripped-down Gordon Ramsay and his blurred-out keester stepping into a shower.

So, what's with this guy? Or is it his producers? Do they have some sort of mind-set that if the audience doesn't see him stripping off and then showering/bathing, that we will automatically assume he never bathes while on assignment? Or it it just a cheap ploy to try and get ratings? Ramsay is never at a loss for words in his other shows, or in interviews - so why couldn't he have said, "No fucking way!" to the shower scenes? It's puzzling, because in interviews, he's said that he regrets doing the nude scenes. So, who held a gun to his head? Maybe we should call him "The Naked Chef", but I understand Jamie Oliver already owns that title...

Sorry folks, but the sight of Gordon in the altogether is just not enough inducement (on its own, at least) to make me watch any TV show these days.

Like Geoff, I confess to liking Ramsay's shows. Sometimes, they're quite entertaining and enlightening, other times it's like watching a road accident. But, I am hooked. Honestly, though, I wonder if "Hotel Hell" will last more than one season.

If you have not yet seen last night's installment, you might want to avoid what's next.

Click to reveal..
The hotel in upstate New York that Gordon visited seemed like it had the potential to be nice enough, and once things were fixed up, a place I wouldn't mind staying at. It was very sad, then to read at the end that the place shut its doors in June. The title card flew by way too fast for me to read everything, but I think it said that they (the owners) owed too much money and the bank foreclosed. At least, I think that's what it said; they didn't leave the info up on the screen long enough to take in all the details. A real shame, because you could tell that the staff really cared, and your heart really went out to that young fellow Scooter in the kitchen.

Signor V.

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Five_Felonies] #661316
08/21/12 01:17 PM
08/21/12 01:17 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline OP
Underboss
Underboss
New Jersey
i thought last nights episode was pretty good. it was nice to see gordan help out that kid as he seemed to be dealt a real shitty hand. its sad to see that they closed as the owner seemed to be genuine. the fact that they had to close makes me wonder how much of an effect the constant delays of the start of the show will have on these establishments.i think it was originally set to air in april.

all of these places are in terrible financial trouble, some only a few months away from closing. for most of the hotels going on a show like this is a last ditch effort to stay in open, as few people would want to be subjected to all of the drama if nothing was in it for them. they are in it for ramsey to spend some money and fix things up as well as give advice, but it seems the main reason would be for the publicity of being on tv and last nights establishment never even got a chance to see if the air time would pay off.

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Five_Felonies] #661332
08/21/12 02:04 PM
08/21/12 02:04 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
...it was nice to see gordan help out that kid as he seemed to be dealt a real shitty hand.

Absolutely. The fact that Gordon is going to pay for that boy's college education shows he has, at times, class. Scooter seemed truly motivated and sincere; my heart really went out to him.

Quote:
the fact that they had to close makes me wonder how much of an effect the constant delays of the start of the show will have on these establishments.i think it was originally set to air in april. ...last nights establishment never even got a chance to see if the air time would pay off.

Well, so much for my "spoiler alert'! lol But I believe you're right about the original air date. The network probably put it off because they were focused more on Ramsay's other two shows, and then there was the Olympics...or maybe they just had a lack of confidence and a case of cold feet. I guess we'll never really know what goes on in the minds of Fox executives. In any event, it (the delay) just might have been the kiss of death. I think these shows were shot sometime in 2011. Of course, until an episode actually airs, I imagine the only people who would actually know about a hotel's makeover would be the people in the immediate area. And even if the locals are aware of the hotel's holding special events (like discounted drinks in the bar, etc.), an establishment would certainly need a stready stream of paying guests to keep the rooms filled. I don't think they would have a chance of that happening until the episode airs. A pity. As a matter of fact, I remember the same thing happening on a few occasions to restaurants in Ramsay's show "Kitchen Nightmares."

Signor V.

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Signor Vitelli] #661434
08/21/12 08:17 PM
08/21/12 08:17 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Well, another episode aired last night.

This time, it was given to us in one installment instead of being broken into two parts. And, frankly, this was a good thing. IMO, there wasn't nearly as much drama this time around as with the first hotel and those two (ugh!) owners.

But - or, maybe that should be "butt" - for the second time in two hotels, Our Hero went nude. Yep, another shot of a stripped-down Gordon Ramsay and his blurred-out keester stepping into a shower.

So, what's with this guy? Or is it his producers? Do they have some sort of mind-set that if the audience doesn't see him stripping off and then showering/bathing, that we will automatically assume he never bathes while on assignment? Or it it just a cheap ploy to try and get ratings? Ramsay is never at a loss for words in his other shows, or in interviews - so why couldn't he have said, "No fucking way!" to the shower scenes? It's puzzling, because in interviews, he's said that he regrets doing the nude scenes. So, who held a gun to his head? Maybe we should call him "The Naked Chef", but I understand Jamie Oliver already owns that title...

Sorry folks, but the sight of Gordon in the altogether is just not enough inducement (on its own, at least) to make me watch any TV show these days.

Like Geoff, I confess to liking Ramsay's shows. Sometimes, they're quite entertaining and enlightening, other times it's like watching a road accident. But, I am hooked. Honestly, though, I wonder if "Hotel Hell" will last more than one season.

If you have not yet seen last night's installment, you might want to avoid what's next.

Click to reveal..
The hotel in upstate New York that Gordon visited seemed like it had the potential to be nice enough, and once things were fixed up, a place I wouldn't mind staying at. It was very sad, then to read at the end that the place shut its doors in June. The title card flew by way too fast for me to read everything, but I think it said that they (the owners) owed too much money and the bank foreclosed. At least, I think that's what it said; they didn't leave the info up on the screen long enough to take in all the details. A real shame, because you could tell that the staff really cared, and your heart really went out to that young fellow Scooter in the kitchen.

Signor V.

Yea that update did go by way to fast. I watched the ending on Youtube and paused it just to see what it said. Sad that hotel had to close it's doors. The owner woke up to reality to late. IF Gordan is having money troubles himself how can he afford to help that nice chef?

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Five_Felonies] #661442
08/21/12 08:29 PM
08/21/12 08:29 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline OP
Underboss
Underboss
New Jersey
i'm not sure what to make of gordon having money problems. this is just speculation on my part, but i think when people refer to him having money problems they mean his restaurants aren't doing so good. i think some have closed recently, but i'm not sure. that comes with the territory in that business and he expanded so rapidly that it comes as no surprise.

one point that i would like to add is that at this point in his life gordon is much more of a businessman than a chef. what i mean by this is that unlike alot of these people featured on his shows, if he has a restaurant that is doing poorly he will close it rather than keep dumping money into it.

here is his celebrity net worth, take it for what it's worth...

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/producers/gordon-ramsay-net-worth/

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 08/21/12 08:31 PM.

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Five_Felonies] #661710
08/23/12 02:25 PM
08/23/12 02:25 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
A while back I seen he was selling his cookware on one of those shopping channels.

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Mignon] #662721
08/27/12 10:38 PM
08/27/12 10:38 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
It happened again on tonight's show! We're three for three!

Well, for my money, "three" definitely is not the charm. sick

I'm reminded of the line from Goldfinger:

"Once is happenstance, twice coincidence; the third time, it's enemy action."

Signor V.

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Signor Vitelli] #662775
08/28/12 07:00 AM
08/28/12 07:00 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
SV, what happened on last nights epi? I didn't get to see it.

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Mignon] #662943
08/28/12 07:08 PM
08/28/12 07:08 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
This link won't work for me (the ComputerSaurus is too old), but I believe entire episodes can be viewed online here:

Hotel Hell episodes

Signor V.

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Five_Felonies] #662949
08/28/12 07:25 PM
08/28/12 07:25 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline OP
Underboss
Underboss
New Jersey
i thought last nights episode was the worst one so far! from the "medical emergency" that i'm not even 100% sure was real to the infamous scenes of gordon washing again, it just seemed like it was put together on the fly. also, i ws a little confused on why there was no update at the end of the episode. anywasys, if you wanna watch it, this is a great link. just click on free user and you are good to go!

http://www.putlocker.com/file/53C716E6E8E4B10A

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Five_Felonies] #663006
08/29/12 12:08 AM
08/29/12 12:08 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
...i ws a little confused on why there was no update at the end of the episode.

From what I gather, updates are only added if things take an unexpected turn - e.g., the business closes down.

Signor V.

Re: Hotel Hell [Re: Signor Vitelli] #663167
08/29/12 04:14 PM
08/29/12 04:14 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
So far, all the places Gordon has visited are high-end establishments. So real "roach motels" or "scratch palaces", as I used to refer to them (though this may change in the coming weeks, I believe).

Still, I think they should send Gordon to a place that would present a real challenge:

Just don't use the shower!

Signor V.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull