GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 164 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,318
Posts1,058,477
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #662510
08/27/12 04:14 AM
08/27/12 04:14 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Thanks for the article Hairy very interesting .

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #662515
08/27/12 04:49 AM
08/27/12 04:49 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: Toodoped
^^^ Thanx for this one,so after all the mob had its involvment in the war and the goverment had its secret plan..by the way ill order the book gotta go deeper in this things wink

Well no, according to the article and Newark´s research, the collaboration (or the alleged collaboration) with the US Army landing in Sicily, never materialized.

Cam, you´re welcome.

Last edited by HairyKnuckles; 08/27/12 06:20 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #662532
08/27/12 08:23 AM
08/27/12 08:23 AM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
Hairy do you believe Joe B played a big role in this?

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: danielperrygin] #662541
08/27/12 09:57 AM
08/27/12 09:57 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: danielperrygin
Hairy do you believe Joe B played a big role in this?

I figure that the local Mafia in Sicily had some part in facilitating the US Army landing. They desperately needed to get rid of the fascists so the group could have been used by the American Army to conduct warfare with guerilla tactics prior to the landing. Not necessarily some big stuff, but small things that made the landing easier for the US Army. I´m no warfare expert, but using a friendly group for these kind of purposes, secretly within a country before invading it, sure helps the invadors. But I´m doubtful that any of the American Mafia bosses had any part of this. The Americans had secret agents operating in Sicily during the world War 2. Most likely (IF there was a collaboration between the American Army and the Sicilian Mafia) these agents instigated the use of the Mafia.

[Linked Image]
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #662547
08/27/12 10:55 AM
08/27/12 10:55 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
HK nice post btw how was breakfast?

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #662550
08/27/12 11:08 AM
08/27/12 11:08 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
HK nice post btw how was breakfast?

My breakfast? Nice, I guess.
Wait a minute, DN, did you put your nose into my scrambled eggs?
lol

Yack!
sick

[Linked Image]
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: HairyKnuckles] #662563
08/27/12 11:58 AM
08/27/12 11:58 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
so HairyKnuckles first you sad there was probably connection between the mob and the goverment but as you sad "it never materialized",but now you edited your post on so much negative opinion that there was nothing between them?!?!?!?!?!i mean common man....wait?!i dont understand?!?!plss explain rolleyes do you have any problems with your ego again?!imma psychiatrist,feel free!?i dont know how many articles i posted just to try and change your maind and i just hit into a wall,i even found an article from your famous writter Newark,bringin down your opinion and you sad something like "You missed the vital parts"....i mean common dude...is this your life?!?!?....dont get mad now just kidding wink.....plus i dont really bother cool

Last edited by Toodoped; 08/27/12 12:08 PM.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #662577
08/27/12 12:29 PM
08/27/12 12:29 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
There you deleted your post again!!!! lol lol lol kids!!!

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #662579
08/27/12 12:31 PM
08/27/12 12:31 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
"so HairyKnuckles first you sad there was probably connection between the mob and the goverment but as you sad "it never materialized",but now you edited your post on so much negative opinion that there was nothing between them?!?!?!?!?!"

- I realized that I had misunderstood your post, that´s why I edited it.

"i mean common man....wait?!i dont understand?!?!plss explain do you have any problems with your ego again?!imma psychiatrist,feel free!?"

- Why are you bringing up my ego? What´s that got to do with all this?

"i dont know how many articles i posted just to try and change your maind and i just hit into a wall,i even found an article from your famous writter Newark,bringin down your opinion and you sad something like "You missed the vital parts"...."

- Well, read the long article I posted. It´s the same author who wrote the article you posted. But somehow, you left out the vital parts.

"i mean common dude...is this your life?!?!?....dont get mad now just kidding .....plus i dont really bother "

- What´s the matter with you dude?

[Linked Image]
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: HairyKnuckles] #662581
08/27/12 12:32 PM
08/27/12 12:32 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
no conversation between you and me kid,i wanna stay on this forum for a while plsss....

"I realized that I had misunderstood your post, that´s why I edited it."....rrrrreeeeaaaalllyyyy???? shhh

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #662587
08/27/12 12:41 PM
08/27/12 12:41 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
no conversation between you and me kid,

That´s perfectly fine with me...

[Linked Image]
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #662593
08/27/12 01:03 PM
08/27/12 01:03 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Now when the coast is clear.....little part from an previous article written by Tim Newark...

To uncover the truth of these remarkable claims, I have explored archives in London, Washington and New York, analysing first–hand intelligence reports made by Allied agents dealing with the Mafia on a day-to-day basis. Many of these reports have never been published before or cited in Mafia literature. I have visited the sites of notorious Mafia crimes and report the testimony of people who were there at the time—including those recorded in the secret Herlands report which remained top secret for decades after the events described. These accounts bring to life one of the most important – and hitherto unexplored – areas of the Allied war in Europe.

Some of the players in the game are known. Allied connections with the Mafia undeniably reached the highest level. Recommendations to work alongside mobsters were put before senior US generals and politicians—including supreme commander Dwight Eisenhower. Even war leaders Churchill and Roosevelt were keen to exploit Italian-American connections. Notorious gangsters Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky, Frank Costello, and Vito Genovese all played their part in the war on Hitler and Mussolini, mixing easily with senior military officials on both sides.

Some remarkable new characters also emerge. The implacable English Lord Rennell who took on the Mafiosi in their own realm. The humble US Sergeant Orange C Dickey who defied everyone—including his own superior officers—to arrest a top Mafioso. We see how Sicilian mobsters and bandits exploited the chaos of war to carve out an independent fiefdom for themselves in the Mediterranean.

Many of these tales have never been investigated or published before. In my book, for the first time, is a complete account that definitively answers one of the greatest mysteries of World War Two – did the Allies made a secret pact with the Mafia?

....and words from ppl who were there at the time(sorry i posted this in the documentaries post but what the hell)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euAvuTdu73E

Last edited by Toodoped; 08/27/12 01:18 PM.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #662614
08/27/12 02:07 PM
08/27/12 02:07 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Now when the coast is clear.....little part from an previous article written by Tim Newark...

To uncover the truth of these remarkable claims, I have explored archives in London, Washington and New York, analysing first–hand intelligence reports made by Allied agents dealing with the Mafia on a day-to-day basis. Many of these reports have never been published before or cited in Mafia literature. I have visited the sites of notorious Mafia crimes and report the testimony of people who were there at the time—including those recorded in the secret Herlands report which remained top secret for decades after the events described. These accounts bring to life one of the most important – and hitherto unexplored – areas of the Allied war in Europe.

Some of the players in the game are known. Allied connections with the Mafia undeniably reached the highest level. Recommendations to work alongside mobsters were put before senior US generals and politicians—including supreme commander Dwight Eisenhower. Even war leaders Churchill and Roosevelt were keen to exploit Italian-American connections. Notorious gangsters Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky, Frank Costello, and Vito Genovese all played their part in the war on Hitler and Mussolini, mixing easily with senior military officials on both sides.

Some remarkable new characters also emerge. The implacable English Lord Rennell who took on the Mafiosi in their own realm. The humble US Sergeant Orange C Dickey who defied everyone—including his own superior officers—to arrest a top Mafioso. We see how Sicilian mobsters and bandits exploited the chaos of war to carve out an independent fiefdom for themselves in the Mediterranean.

Many of these tales have never been investigated or published before. In my book, for the first time, is a complete account that definitively answers one of the greatest mysteries of World War Two – did the Allies made a secret pact with the Mafia?

....and words from ppl who were there at the time(sorry i posted this in the documentaries post but what the hell)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euAvuTdu73E

Was the top Mafiosi Sergeant Dickey arrested Vito Genovese ?

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Camarel] #662618
08/27/12 02:11 PM
08/27/12 02:11 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #662621
08/27/12 02:14 PM
08/27/12 02:14 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

I thought it was just wasn't sure what the name of the guy that arrested him was.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Camarel] #662684
08/27/12 05:21 PM
08/27/12 05:21 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Heres part from an story written by Tim Newark,about Vito/Dickey situation....

A few hours after the arrest of Genovese, Nicola Cutuli arrived at the AMG offices in Naples. He was Questore of Rome, the most senior investigative police officer in the country. He demanded that Genovese be released into his custody and taken to Rome. The Americans refused. Later, CID officers found a sheet of paper with Cutuli's name on it in Genovese's apartment.

While Dickey proceeded with the paperwork of his arrest, an informant in Nola gave him a copy of a book entitled Gang Rule in New York City, by Craig Thompson and Raymond Allen, published in 1940. In the book, he found a photograph of Genovese and it identified him as a former gangster associate of Lucky Luciano. Dickey showed his prisoner the picture.

"Sure," said Genovese, "that's me when I was in New York City."

When Dickey asked him about running the black market in Italy, he denied some of the charges but accepted others. Dickey then contacted the FBI and they informed him that Genovese was wanted for questioning over a murder in New York.

Coincidentally, earlier in the month, a New York newspaper report Aug. 9, 1944, said: "The whereabouts of all six [wanted for the murder of Ferdinand Boccia] were said to be unknown but an interesting sidelight on Genovese was that he was reported recently to have been in Italy acting as an interpreter for the Allied Military Government there."

"The Army officials are going to bring him back," said Brooklyn D.A. Thomas Hughes. "How or when he will brought back I cannot say."

With Genovese safely under arrest, Dickey searched Genovese's apartment in Nola and found a bundle of documents. "Among these papers," remembered Dickey, "there was a small paper on which was written a number, easily identified as the number of a U.S. Army truck. Beneath this number was written, "The Shed." In a previous case I had learned that the shed was a large underground storeroom and was used as a storage place for contraband wheat."

Dickey then went to Genovese's apartment in Naples where he found large quantities of PX supplies, such as soap, candy bars and cigarettes. He also found a powerful radio receiver—used for receiving information on the arrival of valuable contraband. Among the documents found in Genovese's apartments were several business cards and other papers that linked him to prominent businessmen in the area as well as judges, the town mayor of Nola, the president of the Bank of Naples, and AMG officers.

There were nine official AMG travel passes, several just made out to the bearer—a sign of Genovese's influence within AMG. They even entitled the bearer to fill up with American gas. One was made out to a local leading dealer in olive oil. Two papers signed by AMG officers entitled Genovese to receive American food supplies—in violation of Army regulations. One business card belonged to Innocenza Monterisi, a mistress of Genovese who, according to Dickey, also supplied women for Allied officers.

But nowhere was found any significant stash of money. Dickey had his suspicions about a safe deposit vault in Banco del Lavoro in Nola. Genovese denied having a vault or a key for it. The bank records said the vault belonged to the gangster, but despite going before a Tribunal in Naples, a court order was refused to Dickey to force its opening. Dickey knew that one of Genovese's henchmen had visited it on the day he was arrested. A U.S. Army seal was put on the vault to prevent its opening.
Genovese was still in military custody in November, as Dickey waited for an arrest warrant to arrive for him from the United States. But no one wanted to make a decision on what to do with him. There was no suggestion even of putting him on trial for black market charges in Italy.
"At this time," said Dickey, "the Army did not seem very interested in returning this man to the States, and I was told that I was 'on my own, to do anything I cared to.'" It was an extraordinary situation, but clearly Genovese's associates in and outside the U.S. Army were working their influence as best they could and stopped any fast action on Genovese in the hope that Dickey might get fed up with the procedure and let him go.
That this might be the tactics of very highly placed U.S. officers was demonstrated when Dickey visited Rome to talk to Col. Charles Poletti, then commissioner of Allied Military Government in Italy. "I wanted him to tell me whether I should try him by civilian authorities," said Dickey, "whether Allied Military Government intends to try him, or whether the U.S. Army has control, or what I should do with him."

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #662709
08/27/12 09:20 PM
08/27/12 09:20 PM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
Genovese time in Italy fasinates me, the movie Lucky Luciano goes into it a little bit, its a great movie.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: danielperrygin] #662786
08/28/12 07:59 AM
08/28/12 07:59 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: danielperrygin
Genovese time in Italy fasinates me, the movie Lucky Luciano goes into it a little bit, its a great movie.

Yes a lot of thing were happening the time Genovese was in Italy,and i think that while Vito in Italy,he was bigger there than in the US,he was playin with the fascist and after that he was playin the allies..cool stuff,btw the Luciano movie is good but its a little bit slow,everytime i watch it i fall asleep cool

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #662843
08/28/12 01:08 PM
08/28/12 01:08 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Heres another small part from the previous story,its about the Genovese stay in Italy...

As the Allies entered Vito Genovese's realm in Nola, near Naples, in the autumn of 1943, he offered to help them as translator and guide to the region. U.S. Major E.N. Holmgreen, the civil affairs officer in Nola, was so impressed with Vito Genovese that he wrote him a letter of recommendation on Nov. 8, 1943.
"The bearer [of the letter], Vito Genovese," wrote Holmgreen, "is an American citizen. When the undersigned arrived at Nola District as CAO [civil affairs officer], Mr. Genovese met me and acted as my interpreter for over a month. He would accept no pay; paid his own expenses; worked day and night and rendered most valuable assistance to the Allied Military Government. This statement is freely made in an effort to express my appreciation for the unselfish services of this man."
That Genovese could afford to appear unselfish is no big surprise. He knew he had just struck a new criminal gold mine—the black market in American military goods. The FBI later quoted a U.S. attorney's report on his activities during this period.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #663762
09/01/12 06:35 AM
09/01/12 06:35 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Interesting small part's from an article on DarkPolitics.com...

THE OSS: FORERUNNER TO THE CIA. The “multinational” business of drug trafficking can be traced back to the 1940s, even before the CIA was created following World War II. Before the creation of the CIA in 1947, Allen Dulles assembled the Flying Tigers, an inner clique within the Office of Strategic Services (OSS). Dulles had close ties with Eastern billionaire families, and he was able to run clandestine operations out of the White House.

The OSS-mafia alliance emerged soon after the agency was formed. The OSS was first headed by Earl Brennan who helped plan the Allied invasion of Sicily and Italy in World War II. During the war, He had close ties with the head of the Vatican’s Vessel Operation, Monsignor Giovanni Batista Montini who was also an aid to Pope Pius XII. Montini suggested that Brennan recruit Italian exiles such as Masons business leaders, and mafia members to corroborate with the Allies in their invasion. In 1963, Montini become Pope Paul VI.

After spending 10 years of a 30-to-50 year sentence in prison for running a prostitution ring, New York’s mafia leader Lucky Luciano given clemency and released from Albany’s Great Meadows Prison in 1946. In exchange, he promised to cooperate with American authorities. He returned to Italy and was able to build a black market which had been abandoned by the Genovese family. He then expanded his operations by forging close ties with the Marseilles syndicate. He imported raw opium from the Middle East and processed it in laboratories in Italy. Luciano’s top deputy was Meyer Lansky who had first contacted Cuban dictator Fulgencio Batista. Luciano initially purchased 200 kilos of heroin and shipped it on to Cuba. Lansky was given a monopoly on Cuba’s gambling operations plus assurances that Sicilian heroin could be shipped from Marseilles to Havana and on to the United States. In return Batista and his assistants received half the profits from the casinos. Lansky and Luciano chose Sicilian-born Santos Trafficante of Florida to run the Cuban gambling and drug business. Luciano made sure that Havana’s prostitutes were addicted to heroin and paid them with diluted forms of the drugs as well.

The Italian mafia continued to maintain a stronghold in the United States. In the 1950s, the CIA once again turned to the mafia to foil communism — this time in Cuba. The very year that the right wing Batista government was overthrown, Operation 40 was organized as an assassination unit to kill Fidel Castro. Organized crime leaders Santo Trafficante and John Roselli, with the knowledge of Vice President Nixon, were heavily involved in importing drugs from Laos. After the failure at the Bay of Pigs two years later, Operation 40 was replaced by Operation Mongoose, a larger scale paramilitary organization. Its purpose was also to overthrow the Castro regime. The CIA officials who directed Operation Mongoose were Theodore Shackley and Thomas Clines. Felix Rodriguez, a Cuban refugee, was hired to be a member of a special assassination team. Rodriguez worked under Shackley in Miami, Florida. After the Bay of Pigs fiasco, dozens of anti-Castro sympathizers were indicted for drug trafficking.

Last edited by Toodoped; 09/01/12 06:50 AM.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull