GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 311 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,673
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #658771
08/04/12 06:35 PM
08/04/12 06:35 PM
DeMeo Offline
Made Member
DeMeo  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
You both can throw out legal terms, cite case references, etc. until the cows come home. But my point remains. There is an obvious slippery slope in regards to the changing attitudes of what is considered acceptable or "normal" by society.

Asolutely, I've witnessed this more myself over the last four years with regards to myself. I've offended lots of people in my life by doing things they don't want me to do. Also, by doing things they think I can't do. People hate to be proven wrong about things.

Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #658892
08/05/12 08:04 PM
08/05/12 08:04 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
The people that defended and enabled Sandusky were not as far as I know public or private supporters of gay marriage.

Some elements of the Catholic Church have protected and hidden pedophiles for decades. Again, these were not by and large gay marriage partisans.

And the Brooklyn Haredim who oppose reporting pedophilia in their community to the authorities and have gone so far as to claim that the rabbis should decide if a child sex crime is worthy of reporting and/or punishment are also as far as I know, fiercely opposed to gay marriage.

In short, pedophilia is a disgusting crime which doesn't have anything to do with gay marriage, gay acceptance or whether sexual orientation should be considered among the elements which would indicate a federal hate crime.

There are ways to argue against gay marriage or elevated level of scrutiny in hate crimes that don't require making the abuse of children analogous to consensual adult relationships.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #658903
08/05/12 09:17 PM
08/05/12 09:17 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
The "pedophile-is-the-norm" argument actually was used in court last week by a local lawyer trying to reduce his client's sentence:

http://prescottdailycourier.com/main.asp...ID=1086&S=1

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: Turnbull] #658910
08/05/12 09:46 PM
08/05/12 09:46 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
The "pedophile-is-the-norm" argument actually was used in court last week by a local lawyer trying to reduce his client's sentence:

What was that I was saying about defense attorneys? whistle

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: Lilo] #658911
08/05/12 09:47 PM
08/05/12 09:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

Originally Posted By: Lilo
The people that defended and enabled Sandusky were not as far as I know public or private supporters of gay marriage.

Some elements of the Catholic Church have protected and hidden pedophiles for decades. Again, these were not by and large gay marriage partisans.

And the Brooklyn Haredim who oppose reporting pedophilia in their community to the authorities and have gone so far as to claim that the rabbis should decide if a child sex crime is worthy of reporting and/or punishment are also as far as I know, fiercely opposed to gay marriage.

In short, pedophilia is a disgusting crime which doesn't have anything to do with gay marriage, gay acceptance or whether sexual orientation should be considered among the elements which would indicate a federal hate crime.

There are ways to argue against gay marriage or elevated level of scrutiny in hate crimes that don't require making the abuse of children analogous to consensual adult relationships.

Pedophilia and gay marriage do have something in common. Both are evidence of the continuing decline of society. It just so happens that one is gaining more support at the moment.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #658918
08/05/12 10:43 PM
08/05/12 10:43 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ

And when your time comes, you'll wish you had a defense lawyer.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #659244
08/07/12 11:57 PM
08/07/12 11:57 PM
State of Mind
V
Vinny_Jackson Offline
Wiseguy
Vinny_Jackson  Offline
V
Wiseguy
State of Mind
If this doesn't bare out the slippery slope argument, I don't know what does...

Pedophiles want same rights as homosexuals

According to the US Constitution? What rights are we discussing?

And why the narrow focus on pedophiles who strictly chase after boys? Pedophiles have crossed gender of their victims and there are many pedophiles who go primarily after children of the opposite sex.

Rights. That damn Constitution!

"The place to find is within yourself." - JC
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #659246
08/07/12 11:58 PM
08/07/12 11:58 PM
State of Mind
V
Vinny_Jackson Offline
Wiseguy
Vinny_Jackson  Offline
V
Wiseguy
State of Mind

Pedophilia and gay marriage do have something in common. Both are evidence of the continuing decline of society. It just so happens that one is gaining more support at the moment.

Massachusetts has had gay marriage for a few years now. How has that fact affected marriage as a whole? What condition was marriage in before the gays ruined it? lol

"The place to find is within yourself." - JC
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #659461
08/10/12 12:16 AM
08/10/12 12:16 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

I am in agreement. A few years ago, I would have said it was all right. I am from small town, and was more liberal before coming to big city for college. Between what I see at my university, and what I see on news and in New York City, I have changed my views drastically on the issue. Gays said they only wanted equality, but it seems they try to push to see how offensive they can behave without getting reprimanded by anyone. Pedophilia is worse than two people of same sex hooking, but point of what they are doing to society is valid one, in my opinion.

Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #659466
08/10/12 01:59 AM
08/10/12 01:59 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

uhwhat

Normally people from a small town go into the big city and learn about diversity. Maybe you're in a different NYC than I'm used to??

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: J Geoff] #659469
08/10/12 02:22 AM
08/10/12 02:22 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

uhwhat

Normally people from a small town go into the big city and learn about diversity. Maybe you're in a different NYC than I'm used to??

No, I'm in Rego Park Queens, nice area, a diverse area, and have not said I had problem with diversity. I work and go to school with many different people, have no problem due to race or sexual orientations, it is when they go overboard, or try to push it to point where they seem to want someone to challenge them. Example: I am waitress. Group of women come in, I get their table. They seem to be lesbians, and turn out to be that. Fine, but then they talk filthy every time I am serving table, ask me personal questions, and one, older than my mothers, starts flirting openly. I am straight, say I have boyfriend just to be left alone, she says obnoxious things anyway. I complain to manger. Useless. He is more afraid of them being offended, gives me diversity lecture. What did I do? As if i was in wrong for being offended? If group of men had hit on me, and it has happened, we are allowed to ask for someone else to take over out table if it goes too far. I asked, he said no, he became red in face, and seemed scared and angry art same time.

I am not against gay unions, even after the above experience, since not all are people of a group are same. Gay adoption I am against, all the way. Yet if I speak up, as I did in one class where we were asked to speak freely, professors get angry, and steer other students into going agaisnt you. I am in New York for over one year, and spent close to a year in Miami. I have seen that big city people are not all that they are cracked up to be as far as independent thought, diversity of opinion, and open mindedness. Small town I am from, and the surrounding areas, were more of those than New York.

Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #659473
08/10/12 03:09 AM
08/10/12 03:09 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
While I do underand what you're saying, and where you're coming from, the whole "Pedophilia and gay marriage do have something in common" thing that you just agreed to was a bit off-putting, to be honest.

Sure, SOME people are assholes. Doesn't matter if they're Black/White, Straight/Gay, This/that/or the other thing. But if you're a waitress, sadly, your job is to serve with a smile. Even if they're assholes.

You have a right to have an opinion against gay adoptions -- and I haven't heard WHY you're against it, yet -- but I'd like to. Even tho I disagree with you.

PS - But the flirting thing is difficult I suppose. If you're straight, and two gay people try hitting on you, I can see that as being a little difficult. At the same time, so can a straight couple hitting on a gay waiter/waitress. Or basically any customer being inappropriate with a server. You can't blame all gays for one bad experience, anymore than you can blame all straight people for sending their food back and complaining a lot.

You have 2 choices: You either suck it up with a smile (or condescending giggle, in your case lol), or, you quit and move on to another job. That's basically it.

Last edited by J Geoff; 08/10/12 03:54 AM.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: jace] #659479
08/10/12 09:37 AM
08/10/12 09:37 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: jace
Gays said they only wanted equality, but it seems they try to push to see how offensive they can behave without getting reprimanded by anyone.

it is when they go overboard, or try to push it to point where they seem to want someone to challenge them.

Yes, this is true, we have all seen it many times over. Played the same way by many groups who felt that they hadn't gotten a fair shake in the past...or it is NOW their time to shine in the spotlight. Remember how it was when Obama won? How many people were jumping up and down yelling it is now our chance to be in control, Ect.....the "happy days are here again" music playing in the background

I guess you have to add the "Gay Card" to the deck, along with the "Race Card", the "I'm Poor Card", the "I Am Women Card", the "Yes- BUT Card" and the "Suck It Up Card". With these and so many other cards in the deck of life, you now know why people get so sick of all the crap and get hard core against things or people.

And by the way...Your manager is wrong and should have done something about your concerns...No matter what the concern was, he should have address it at the time, taken you away from the problem.... then talked about it with you after... It is his job if you feel that there is a problem.

Even a "waitress" doesn't have to 'Suck it up' and listen to filthy talk in a public work place. Any family with little kids will tell you that.

More then once I have told other people to watch their talk while eating with my parents and grandparents who don't need to put up with hearing that crap.

You can't smoke in public places for a reason also.
Then again your can't always fix "STUPID" as they say.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #659488
08/10/12 11:05 AM
08/10/12 11:05 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
It never fails to amaze me that despite the lessons of history and what life teaches us, we still have people who have not learned from racial, ethnic, religious and gender prejudices. Now we add to the panoply of such prejudices a new one: sexual orientation.

Of course, the rationale for these prejudices is quite discernable and immature. All one does is cite one or more objectional behaviors that someone manifests and then accrues it to an entire race, ethnicity, gender, or sect to which that someone belongs. An example of such turned up on the Board recently when lawyers became the object of a Board member's prejudice. It is so unintelligent.

Last edited by olivant; 08/10/12 11:05 AM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: J Geoff] #659490
08/10/12 11:29 AM
08/10/12 11:29 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
While I do underand what you're saying, and where you're coming from, the whole "Pedophilia and gay marriage do have something in common" thing that you just agreed to was a bit off-putting, to be honest.

Sure, SOME people are assholes. Doesn't matter if they're Black/White, Straight/Gay, This/that/or the other thing. But if you're a waitress, sadly, your job is to serve with a smile. Even if they're assholes.

You have a right to have an opinion against gay adoptions -- and I haven't heard WHY you're against it, yet -- but I'd like to. Even tho I disagree with you.

PS - But the flirting thing is difficult I suppose. If you're straight, and two gay people try hitting on you, I can see that as being a little difficult. At the same time, so can a straight couple hitting on a gay waiter/waitress. Or basically any customer being inappropriate with a server. You can't blame all gays for one bad experience, anymore than you can blame all straight people for sending their food back and complaining a lot.

You have 2 choices: You either suck it up with a smile (or condescending giggle, in your case lol), or, you quit and move on to another job. That's basically it.

Geoff just tell them to hold DeMeo

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: J Geoff] #659494
08/10/12 11:54 AM
08/10/12 11:54 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

Unfortunately, that's the cold hard truth when you deal with the public. Yes, your manager should have said something, or put a different server on their table. Nobody should be treated like that in the workplace. However, when you deal with the public, you're going to deal with idiots of all kinds. You either have to learn to handle them, or get a job that doesn't involve dealing with the public.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #659516
08/10/12 01:58 PM
08/10/12 01:58 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
The manager was cowardly, and I can see why. He could have also lost his job, or bought a protest down on restaurant if he had gotten into confrontation that went too far with them. If two years ago I was watching television, and a story of lesbians or gay males having rights violated in any establishment came on, I would have felt that they were victims, and place was discriminatory. If that had happened in my recent situation, and it made local paper, or tv news story, many would have felt same, and sided with customers. Gay groups are very organized. To fight discrimination that is good thing, to push people around is wrong. They have crossed over from having righteous cause to being bullies.

It was no this one incident that got to me, it is seeing something like this once a week. Classroom discussions taken over by someone with story of discrimination having nothing to do with course, and professors afraid to do anything for fear of being called homophobic, or racist in other instances. When I told some fellow student where I was from someone called me a a hick, and later heard a hillbilly joke, I laughed it off, thought I was making friends. Yet I now see that any thing said in any joking manner on gays, minorities, or certain religious groups are punishable offenses. There should be one standard for everyone.

Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: Sicilian Babe] #659518
08/10/12 02:23 PM
08/10/12 02:23 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Unfortunately, that's the cold hard truth when you deal with the public. Yes, your manager should have said something, or put a different server on their table. Nobody should be treated like that in the workplace. However, when you deal with the public, you're going to deal with idiots of all kinds. You either have to learn to handle them, or get a job that doesn't involve dealing with the public.

If they were straight, It would have been dealt with. I mentioned that, we have anti-harressment policy towards employees. In this case, there was fear of them using discrimination as an excuse to create a problem. I don't believe it is isolated incident.

Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: jace] #659520
08/10/12 02:45 PM
08/10/12 02:45 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

If they were straight, It would have been dealt with. I mentioned that, we have anti-harressment policy towards employees. In this case, there was fear of them using discrimination as an excuse to create a problem. I don't believe it is isolated incident.

Lately, there's been more moaning on this Board than usual. You have added to it. Instead of moaning, why not seek remedies at law? If you are as agrieved as you represent in your post, why not seek legal counsel? I suggest that you start reading US Codes; start with US Codes 29 and 42 and also read your state's statutes on the subject you are moaning about. Before doing all of that, you might throughly read your employer's employment policies and applicable state employment law.

I would also suggest that you reread your posts which reveal a substantive and primitive discriminatory streak in you. As someone posted above, either quit or suck it up and move on. To that I would add taking legal action.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: olivant] #659607
08/11/12 12:32 AM
08/11/12 12:32 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: olivant

Lately, there's been more moaning on this Board than usual. You have added to it. Instead of moaning, why not seek remedies at law? If you are as agrieved as you represent in your post, why not seek legal counsel? I suggest that you start reading US Codes; start with US Codes 29 and 42 and also read your state's statutes on the subject you are moaning about. Before doing all of that, you might throughly read your employer's employment policies and applicable state employment law.

I would also suggest that you reread your posts which reveal a substantive and primitive discriminatory streak in you. As someone posted above, either quit or suck it up and move on. To that I would add taking legal action.

What is your problem? I am not here to argue or fight. You are calling me primitive and discriminatory, for what reason ? Plus you are saying I should sue, I think there are enough lawsuits out there already.

Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: olivant] #659610
08/11/12 01:04 AM
08/11/12 01:04 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss

I don't see anything discriminatory in what Jace said. There is no reason to be rude. If those people are homosexuals, it doesn't justify their behavior, as it wouldn't be justified if they were straight. There is nothing discriminatory about saying that. Equality is fine, but here we are talking about some people wanting to be more equal than others.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 08/11/12 01:21 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: Turnbull] #660013
08/13/12 05:43 PM
08/13/12 05:43 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

And when your time comes, you'll wish you had a defense lawyer.

lol Simply Stated.

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 08/13/12 05:44 PM.

Genovese Family."
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: SC] #660193
08/15/12 12:14 AM
08/15/12 12:14 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: DeMeo
We are in a situation now where people are policing each other. Narcissism has also risen, since the United States became the world's leading power. In all honesty, thats where it originated from.

It's obvious that you are anti-American. It's wearing thin already. Maybe you should post on another country's home-based board and be anti them?

lol

Genovese Family."
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #660244
08/15/12 08:55 AM
08/15/12 08:55 AM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
This entire thread is one of the most ridiculous ones I have ever seen on this board.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: olivant] #660385
08/16/12 02:17 AM
08/16/12 02:17 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

In all do respect Professor Esq. Olivant how can an individual stand up against their employer with complex state employment laws that the common person isn't educated enough. Even if you retain counsel it doesn't guarantee anything, Bosses stealing from their employees is a growing a problem and no one can do anything to prevent it. " A paycheck is better not having a paycheck at all."
http://www.citypaper.net/cover_story/2012-08-09-the-crime-that-pays.html

Genovese Family."
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #660419
08/16/12 11:44 AM
08/16/12 11:44 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

All Pedophiles should be strung up and left to hang in pain, they shouldn't get rights..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: DE NIRO] #660446
08/16/12 01:42 PM
08/16/12 01:42 PM
B
Black Offline
Wiseguy
Black  Offline
B
Wiseguy
+1 all pedophiles should be killed, to hell with there rights.....................soliai

Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: IvyLeague] #660753
08/18/12 02:37 AM
08/18/12 02:37 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
They should cut their thing off and make them eat it

Genovese Family."
Re: It was only a matter of time [Re: DeMeo] #660754
08/18/12 02:39 AM
08/18/12 02:39 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: DeMeo
You both can throw out legal terms, cite case references, etc. until the cows come home. But my point remains. There is an obvious slippery slope in regards to the changing attitudes of what is considered acceptable or "normal" by society.

Asolutely, I've witnessed this more myself over the last four years with regards to myself. I've offended lots of people in my life by doing things they don't want me to do. Also, by doing things they think I can't do. People hate to be proven wrong about things.

You should watch the movie "American Psycho," with Christian Bale I think you'd really like it!

Genovese Family."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull