GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 91 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,168
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,835
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Godfather Part I - What is the storyline? #658092
08/01/12 12:14 AM
08/01/12 12:14 AM
G
Gudfadern Offline OP
Button
Gudfadern  Offline OP
G
Button
Hey brothers, sisters, fathers and uncles!
Whenever I am thinking about the movie I find it a bit difficult to explain the storyline. Exactly what is the storyline if you would explain it?

Re: The Godfather Part I - What is the storyline? [Re: Gudfadern] #658130
08/01/12 11:32 AM
08/01/12 11:32 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Read the novel.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: The Godfather Part I - What is the storyline? [Re: Gudfadern] #658134
08/01/12 11:54 AM
08/01/12 11:54 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Originally Posted By: 1945
Hey brothers, sisters, fathers and uncles!
Whenever I am thinking about the movie I find it a bit difficult to explain the storyline. Exactly what is the storyline if you would explain it?

Huh? Vito is a mafia don. He has a wife, three sons a daughter and sort of an dopoted son. The eldest and heir apparent is hot tempered and ill suited to succeed him. The middle son is an idiot, the youngest son wants nothing to to with the family business, is college educated and a war hero.
The daughter marries a guy who beats her. The sort of adopted son becomes Vito's top advisor whose first assingmnet is to
get a Hollywood big shot to give one of Vito's godsons an acting gig. Persuasion inclused something with a horse. Vito is then asked to go into the drug business. He refuses, and he gets shot. This causes the youngest son to take retribution and changes his mind about joinging the family business. He kills the guy who shot his father, and a
crooked cop, flees to Sicily, gets married, and watches his wife die in a car explosion meant for Him. While he is in Sicily he finds out his oldest brother has died by gunshot wounds, and then Vito makes peace with all the other mob families in order to get the youngest son back to New York unharmed. BTW this youngest son has a tempestuous marriage with a non Italian blonde. Anyhow, the son returns, Vito dies, and the son takes revenge. Badda bing, bodda boop.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: The Godfather Part I - What is the storyline? [Re: Gudfadern] #658172
08/01/12 04:04 PM
08/01/12 04:04 PM
G
Gudfadern Offline OP
Button
Gudfadern  Offline OP
G
Button
Well, thanks for the warm welcoming. Or welcoming at all. I mean how you prefer to describe the story. Whenever the movie is found in the TV Guide they tend to say a slight difference. Really? That's the storyline? You just summed up the whole movie! I would call the first part you wrote the storyline. So I prefer it like this.
Don Vito Corleone is the leader of his family and is taking extra care of watching over his family with five children in New York along with four other family leaders in the 1940's. It's the day of his daughter's wedding day, but he is feeling specifically pleased about this day, because it is also the day that his youngest son is expecting to come home from his four year long war service.

Re: The Godfather Part I - What is the storyline? [Re: Gudfadern] #658179
08/01/12 04:49 PM
08/01/12 04:49 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
The Last Woltz Offline
Underboss
The Last Woltz  Offline
Underboss
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally Posted By: Gudfadern
Well, thanks for the warm welcoming. Or welcoming at all. I mean how you prefer to describe the story. Whenever the movie is found in the TV Guide they tend to say a slight difference. Really? That's the storyline? You just summed up the whole movie! I would call the first part you wrote the storyline. So I prefer it like this.
Don Vito Corleone is the leader of his family and is taking extra care of watching over his family with five children in New York along with four other family leaders in the 1940's. It's the day of his daughter's wedding day, but he is feeling specifically pleased about this day, because it is also the day that his youngest son is expecting to come home from his four year long war service.

Welcome to the boards!

I would't call that the storyline. That just sets the stage for the actual storyline. As you know, it's hard to summarize GFI in one storyline, which is a credit to the film.

The single largest theme, IMHO, is the Corelone Family's struggle to adapt to a changing post-war America. This theme runs through most of the plot threads, including Vito's answer to Sollozzo, Michael's role in the family, Michael's two loves, the move to Nevada, etc.

"A man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous!"
Re: The Godfather Part I - What is the storyline? [Re: The Last Woltz] #658184
08/01/12 05:39 PM
08/01/12 05:39 PM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
I think it's a classical tragedy.
In fact, the story is about Michael Corleone. A good guy with a high moral standard. And it's just that moral that drives him into becoming the boss of a crime organisation.
And in the background we see extreme changes in the American society: the role of women, the integration of immigrants, etc.
But also: How a subsystem of the society works.

Re: The Godfather Part I - What is the storyline? [Re: The Last Woltz] #658363
08/03/12 04:44 AM
08/03/12 04:44 AM
G
Gudfadern Offline OP
Button
Gudfadern  Offline OP
G
Button
Originally Posted By: The Last Woltz
Originally Posted By: Gudfadern

Welcome to the boards!

I would't call that the storyline. That just sets the stage for the actual storyline. As you know, it's hard to summarize GFI in one storyline, which is a credit to the film.

The single largest theme, IMHO, is the Corelone Family's struggle to adapt to a changing post-war America. This theme runs through most of the plot threads, including Vito's answer to Sollozzo, Michael's role in the family, Michael's two loves, the move to Nevada, etc.

Thanks Last Woltz!

You're right! So I'm not far off by saying it is hard to explain the storyline? Yeah, I definitely agree with that. Not only is this movie a true masterpiece, by this way it makes IMO this movie immortalized.

That's something I don't think I have actually realized affecting the story. Although I must say it makes quite a lot of sense that this theme would be the strongest feature to the story and it's quite apparent because I think the story might even set off in the same month the war officially is over.

That is something I don't remember noticing changing through the story of the movie either. I remember in an interview, Talia Shire talking about specifically The Godfather Part I about how it's being captured somewhere how women weren't allowed to speak at the dinner table etc.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull