GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 65 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,385
Posts1,059,733
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 37 1 2 33 34 35 36 37
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: meffaboston] #691163
01/16/13 06:37 PM
01/16/13 06:37 PM
S
Southphilly13 Offline
Button
Southphilly13  Offline
S
Button
Sure

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: Southphilly13] #691202
01/16/13 08:39 PM
01/16/13 08:39 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Southphilly13
The juror that was sick has been dismissed. This mean deliberations start all over!! Ive been sitting on a floor in a hallway for 2 weeks!! What a fucking joke!!

That's honestly a shame. I feel sorry for all the families sitting through this crap. It definitely sucks.

Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
but what about work, brah?!

Brah?

Humor a middle aged white guy, Frank. And don't talk like that tongue grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: pizzaboy] #691207
01/16/13 08:48 PM
01/16/13 08:48 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Southphilly, I am sure the defense is shaking and the defendants are not so confident now:

"The juror who was replaced was a sixty-something African-American woman who apparently had contracted the flu. She called in sick Tuesday and Wednesday morning sent a message saying she was going to the hospital.

Defense and prosecution attorneys discussed the situation with Robreno who ultimately decided to excuse the woman and replace her with one of four alternate jurors who have been on stand-by since deliberations began. The replacement juror is a middle-aged white woman from the suburbs whose husband is a police officer, according to a member of the defense camp"

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #691213
01/16/13 09:00 PM
01/16/13 09:00 PM
J
Jose Offline
Capo
Jose  Offline
J
Capo
Thought the same thing but there is someone else on the jury from a 60'year old woman (no offense to anyone) that is taking the defense side. Even after the removal there was disfunction still showing with the foreman stepping down showing that he doesn't see an agreement. I'm leaning towards hung jury - this is clearly not a black and white prosecution with very skeptical govt witnesses (monacello and Orlando ; one was buried by a government official and the other I just couldn't rely on his testimony in locking someone up in jail). These jurors must hate each other by this point

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #691227
01/16/13 09:25 PM
01/16/13 09:25 PM
M
meffaboston Offline
Underboss
meffaboston  Offline
M
Underboss
The kid damion what are his exact charges an what was he convicted for before an when do you think he was made..

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: cheech] #691278
01/17/13 12:08 AM
01/17/13 12:08 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: cheech
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
"The request to revisit certain tapes suggested the panel was working on charges toward the end of the 52-count indictment.
However, jurors could be deciding individual loansharking and gambling charges before weighing Count One — the racketeering conspiracy charge facing all seven defendants. "

Sounds about right, I stated (see above) that I believe it will be guilty across the board with everybody getting convicted of at least one charge. Reading that the jury could be analyzing specific charges for each of these defendants makes this even more plausible IMO.

still think guilty across the board?

As of right now, yes. I am sticking to my previous prediction even though the possibility of a mistrial is increasing by the day. And yourself? Sounds to me like your really hoping one of these guys gets off so you can be happy and then say you were right and I was wrong and join the other fanboys on this thread. Sound about right to you?

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 01/17/13 12:54 AM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #691284
01/17/13 12:26 AM
01/17/13 12:26 AM
M
marine Offline
Made Member
marine  Offline
M
Made Member
I dont know if that juror getting sick was bad or good..Because an older black woman who is more probally foregiving than this next juror..Now being replaced by a middle aged woman from the subarbs whos husband is a cop..That older lady getting sick might not be good..

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #691285
01/17/13 12:34 AM
01/17/13 12:34 AM
B
Boardwalkguy Offline
Made Member
Boardwalkguy  Offline
B
Made Member
I want to say miss trial ! Or I want to see Not Proven ! I think this jury can't make up their mind . It is what it is ! Regardless this should be a state case across the board ! The guy Joe Vito made a Ton for years and will get a slap on the wrist ! He is. The real deal from reading the message boards and even Scaro couldn't shake him ! Now who The real LCn ? This entire case is petty ! Are the guys somewhat guilty ,Iam sure ,but let the state handle it !

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #691314
01/17/13 07:15 AM
01/17/13 07:15 AM
J
Jose Offline
Capo
Jose  Offline
J
Capo
I wonder what the composition of the jury looks like now ... if take from Philly , would bet there are at least one or two more minorities

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: Jose] #691315
01/17/13 07:28 AM
01/17/13 07:28 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: Joselevens
I wonder what the composition of the jury looks like now ... if take from Philly , would bet there are at least one or two more minorities

Philly is a black city! Its a democractic machine! I'm sure they dismissed that lady because she didn't like the snitches wanted to put a few hollows in those bitches ....

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: Boardwalkguy] #691317
01/17/13 07:30 AM
01/17/13 07:30 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: Boardwalkguy
I want to say miss trial ! Or I want to see Not Proven ! I think this jury can't make up their mind . It is what it is ! Regardless this should be a state case across the board ! The guy Joe Vito made a Ton for years and will get a slap on the wrist ! He is. The real deal from reading the message boards and even Scaro couldn't shake him ! Now who The real LCn ? This entire case is petty ! Are the guys somewhat guilty ,Iam sure ,but let the state handle it !

Yes we've been over this before they are high society...they are real modern day racketeers that used political clout

Genovese Family."
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: meffaboston] #691325
01/17/13 09:44 AM
01/17/13 09:44 AM
T
TonyBoy117 Offline
Underboss
TonyBoy117  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: meffaboston
The kid damion what are his exact charges an what was he convicted for before an when do you think he was made..
I'm pretty sure he's standing trial for being part of a bookmaking operation and taking bets, before he was convicted on drug charges, and I believe he was made in the class of 2007 at the same time as Big Lou Fazzini,Eric Esposito,and several unnamed others

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: Dapper_Don] #691328
01/17/13 10:03 AM
01/17/13 10:03 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
"The request to revisit certain tapes suggested the panel was working on charges toward the end of the 52-count indictment.
However, jurors could be deciding individual loansharking and gambling charges before weighing Count One — the racketeering conspiracy charge facing all seven defendants. "

Sounds about right, I stated (see above) that I believe it will be guilty across the board with everybody getting convicted of at least one charge. Reading that the jury could be analyzing specific charges for each of these defendants makes this even more plausible IMO.

As of right now, yes. I am sticking to my previous prediction even though the possibility of a mistrial is increasing by the day. And yourself? Sounds to me like your really hoping one of these guys gets off so you can be happy and then say you were right and I was wrong and join the other fanboys on this thread. Sound about right to you?

after the trial I plan on starting a website, copying and pasting mafia articles from other news sources and then I'll call it a blog.

who's the fanboy?

Last edited by cheech; 01/17/13 10:04 AM.

When Interpol?
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #691334
01/17/13 10:22 AM
01/17/13 10:22 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
^ lol asshole comment but true

Genovese Family."
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: FrankMazola] #691337
01/17/13 10:25 AM
01/17/13 10:25 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
@SouthPhilly13

I know it's your brother but what about work, brah?!

If not... doesn't SOMEBODY gotta be doin his collections for him?????

Brah Frank your a pig man why u asking shit like that PM him or something

Genovese Family."
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #691338
01/17/13 10:31 AM
01/17/13 10:31 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
mafia members or not i just think the trial was all hype...waste of money and they could be going out to get real bad guys, not a bunch of brokesters taking football bets and extorting video poker machines...i just dont think the govt put forth many credible witnesses or arguments

just my opinion

i am far from a fanboy

When Interpol?
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: cheech] #691340
01/17/13 10:42 AM
01/17/13 10:42 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
mafia members or not i just think the trial was all hype...waste of money and they could be going out to get real bad guys, not a bunch of brokesters taking football bets and extorting video poker machines...i just dont think the govt put forth many credible witnesses or arguments

just my opinion

i am far from a fanboy

What your forgetting though is..its not like thats the only stuff they were involved in...its like Capone with tax exvasion

Genovese Family."
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #691341
01/17/13 10:54 AM
01/17/13 10:54 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
dicknose i get your point and agree but i just believe we are wasting a lot of time...in new york they would have already walked

When Interpol?
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: cheech] #691342
01/17/13 11:09 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

after the trial I plan on starting a website, copying and pasting mafia articles from other news sources and then I'll call it a blog.

who's the fanboy?

I probably came off a little too angry in that post which I didnt mean to, but your response was warranted. Fair enough, even though I have been asked by those sites to continue the blog since it sends many hits their way but thats another story in itself which I wont get into. Just to be clear, my blog is a news aggregator on the mob nothing more, just like Huffpost is a news aggregator on all news topics.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 01/17/13 11:18 AM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #691343
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
I know the philadelphia judicial system is a mess

Genovese Family."
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: cheech] #691344
01/17/13 11:11 AM
01/17/13 11:11 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

just my opinion

i am far from a fanboy

Your right, even though I disagree with you that they should walk. I respect your opinion. Your not a fanboy unlike a few others in this thread.

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #691353
01/17/13 11:57 AM
01/17/13 11:57 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
What your forgetting though is..its not like thats the only stuff they were involved in...its like Capone with tax exvasion

That's a fair point, DN. It's also fair to point out that some people believe in karma (for lack of a better word). Kind old Uncle Joe was a convicted murderer before some slick defense lawyers (the true gangsters) got him off on a technicality.

He likely would have died in prison if not for a miracle ten years into his sentence. So some people might take the attitude that, "Well, these charges are trumped up, but what goes around comes around."

In short, I completely agree that gamblers and debtors don't belong in prison for more than short stretches, but murderers do.

dicknose i get your point and agree but i just believe we are wasting a lot of time...in new york they would have already walked

Only to a degree, Cheech. They would have walked on all of the gambling charges here in New York by now. But they'd still stand trial or plea out on the extortion. The no show health insurance is also a big deal to some people because of the timeliness of the whole thing. Half the country uninsured, Obamacare, etc.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #691354
01/17/13 12:02 PM
01/17/13 12:02 PM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
I bet there are a lot of widows and fatherless kids across S.Philly that wish this was just about gambling and loan-sharking.Somehow I don't feel like the last 50 mobsters in S.Philly died of natural causes.So the next time somebody says the Feds should be trying to get the guns off the street,your right but make sure its ALL the guns.

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: 22] #691355
01/17/13 12:14 PM
01/17/13 12:14 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: 22
I bet there are a lot of widows and fatherless kids across S.Philly that wish this was just about gambling and loan-sharking.Somehow I don't feel like the last 50 mobsters in S.Philly died of natural causes.So the next time somebody says the Feds should be trying to get the guns off the street,your right but make sure its ALL the guns.

Yeah, I completely agree. People just gotta take off the blinders.

It's fine to say, "The Feds should go after the dope pushers and the murderers." But when the wiseguys ARE the dope pushers and the murderers, then people should at least be consistent and say as much.

And I'm obviously not referencing this case. This case has nothing to do with drugs or murders (on the surface, anyway).

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: Dapper_Don] #691356
01/17/13 12:23 PM
01/17/13 12:23 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss

who's the fanboy?

[/quote]

I probably came off a little too angry in that post which I didnt mean to, but your response was warranted. Fair enough, even though I have been asked by those sites to continue the blog since it sends many hits their way but thats another story in itself which I wont get into. Just to be clear, my blog is a news aggregator on the mob nothing more, just like Huffpost is a news aggregator on all news topics. [/quote]

all good dap, and whats funny is I go to your blog daily wink

When Interpol?
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: pizzaboy] #691357
01/17/13 12:24 PM
01/17/13 12:24 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

That's a fair point, DN. It's also fair to point out that some people believe in karma (for lack of a better word). Kind old Uncle Joe was a convicted murderer before some slick defense lawyers (the true gangsters) got him off on a technicality.

He likely would have died in prison if not for a miracle ten years into his sentence. So some people might take the attitude that, "Well, these charges are trumped up, but what goes around comes around."

In short, I completely agree that gamblers and debtors don't belong in prison for more than short stretches, but murderers do.

Only to a degree, Cheech. They would have walked on all of the gambling charges here in New York by now. But they'd still stand trial or plea out on the extortion. The no show health insurance is also a big deal to some people because of the timeliness of the whole thing. Half the country uninsured, Obamacare, etc.

agree Pizzaboy, all fair points

im in new haven ct...do u ever venture down here? pizza best in the world smile

When Interpol?
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: cheech] #691359
01/17/13 12:41 PM
01/17/13 12:41 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Thanks, Cheech. You're a good man smile.

I stop at Frank Pepe's EVERY time I come home from Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun. And that's no Google search post. I swear on my kids I've been going to that place for over forty years.

When I was growing up in the '60s and '70s, we vacationed in Mystic every Summer for about fifteen years running. Frank's was always an obligatory stop because my grandfather went "way back" with the original owner. They recently opened a place up in Yonkers, just north of the Bronx. The food is very good, but the pizza isn't as good as the one in New Haven.

But best pizza in the world? New Haven? We're getting along great, so let's not go down that road. I'm from the Bronx. Let's stick together and have that argument with someone from North Dakota lol.

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: pizzaboy] #691360
01/17/13 01:01 PM
01/17/13 01:01 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Thanks, Cheech. You're a good man smile.

I stop at Frank Pepe's EVERY time I come home from Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun. And that's no Google search post. I swear on my kids I've been going to that place for over forty years.

When I was growing up in the '60s and '70s, we vacationed in Mystic every Summer for about fifteen years running. Frank's was always an obligatory stop because my grandfather went "way back" with the original owner. They recently opened a place up in Yonkers, just north of the Bronx. The food is very good, but the pizza isn't as good as the one in New Haven.

But best pizza in the world? New Haven? We're getting along great, so let's not go down that road. I'm from the Bronx. Let's stick together and have that argument with someone from North Dakota lol.

hysterical, but had to big up my city...Wooster Square is where I grew up...personally i like Sally's better but the white clam at Pepe's is unbelievably good...yes they have several locations now, i know yonkers well used to go up there in my early twenties for unscrupulous reasons...they actually have a place in mohegan now i believe but none of those other places are as good as the one on wooster IMO...the yuppies wait out in the rain for hours for the pie

next time you head that way pm me, i'll walk you around the old neighborhood, beautiful in the summer

Last edited by cheech; 01/17/13 01:02 PM.

When Interpol?
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: cheech] #691362
01/17/13 01:09 PM
01/17/13 01:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
i know yonkers well used to go up there in my early twenties for unscrupulous reasons.

Back in the '70s, TIME Magazine wrote, and I quote, that Yonkers was the "Most corrupt city of its size in the entire country."

Yonkers had loads of wiseguys and Italians in general back in the day. Not so much today. Most of the Italians have moved to northern Westchester, along the Connecticut border.

next time you head that way pm me, i'll walk you around the old neighborhood, beautiful in the summer

Will do, buddy smile.

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #691383
01/17/13 01:59 PM
01/17/13 01:59 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
@SouthPhilly13

I know it's your brother but what about work, brah?!

If not... doesn't SOMEBODY gotta be doin his collections for him?????

Brah Frank your a pig man why u asking shit like that PM him or something

Hey dicknose.. both the fratboy lingo I used and the question about collections was a joke. I could care less who's handling the brother's *alleged* criminal activity. Lighten up, man...

F. Mazola, Esq.
Page 35 of 37 1 2 33 34 35 36 37

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull