GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Frankie_Five_Angels, Jimmy_Two_Times), 253 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,321
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DeLeo sums up mob life at the top #648525
05/24/12 05:08 PM
05/24/12 05:08 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

This is an excerpt from this week's Gang Land News. It's a conversation between former Colombo acting boss, Ralph DeLeo, and his sister (of all people).

Ralph: "I'm laying down. I’m tired. I didn’t sleep for two days,I was doing a lot of running around in New York and it was kind of stressful. That was one of my first days on the job. We had a couple of things going on that I had to preside over and I was tired. It was like overwhelming a little bit."

Michelle: "Did you have a chance to go out?"

Ralph: "Oh yeah, that was the problem. One time I was out you know til 1 o'clock in the morning. I was eating constantly. I had to meet these people, everybody wanted to go out to eat. When I got back to my hotel room my stomach looked like it was a big basketball in there. I was eating all day. I started with meeting people for breakfast. And right after breakfast I had to go meet someplace somebody else at a restaurant at another end of town…. Then we had to meet some people and then we went out to dinner at 8 o’clock to meet some more guys, alright, and that 8 o’clock dinner lasted til 1 o'clock in the morning and ahh my stomach I just had too much food I couldn’t sleep. Then, the next morning we had a thing going on. I’ll tell you about it when I see you, but that ahh was like ahh a ceremony. And, yeah so anyhow we had that going on that morning, actually all day cause we had to go in different groups and different cars and make sure we weren't followed and all this type of stuff. You know, so it was a big deal people picking us up here, driving us there. Other people picking us up taking us somewhere else, and all that type of stuff. I wasn't ready for all that. Here, I’m nothing like that. There, everybody is holding the door for you, helping you on with your coat, giving you hugs, hugging you, kissing you and all this kind of stuff. Oh, you gotta sit in the front; you gotta do this; are you comfortable? Can I get you coffee?"

Michelle: "Oh that is so cute." She repeated that four times, before asking whether restaurant patrons stared at him, because he has “the look.”

Ralph: "Well, they’re coming up and giving me hugs and kisses. That’s why people are looking. People wonder why they kissing this guy."

DeLeo wondered how he ever got himself into this, told his sister that he kept his girlfriend in the dark about his “business” trip, and didn’t want to be doing “this for a long time” because “it’s risky.” But some opportunities “to make money” in some “legitimate things” had come up.

“You know,” said DeLeo, “there’s some place in New Jersey, Bayonne, that we got, and there’s a construction company here in Boston that wants the job. It’s a 10-year-job… Anyhow, I should make money there. That’s what I’m hoping for. I gotta make money for my old age.”

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: DeLeo sums up mob life at the top [Re: IvyLeague] #648544
05/24/12 07:34 PM
05/24/12 07:34 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
I love the way he complains about the food like he couldn't have said no to it if he wasn't hungry.
So was this guy actually coming to new york to do business or was it mostly based in mass?

Re: DeLeo sums up mob life at the top [Re: Scorsese] #648550
05/24/12 08:32 PM
05/24/12 08:32 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
I love the way he complains about the food like he couldn't have said no to it if he wasn't hungry.
So was this guy actually coming to new york to do business or was it mostly based in mass?

DeLeo and his crew was based in Boston but he was having to come down to New York for these meetings.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: DeLeo sums up mob life at the top [Re: IvyLeague] #648562
05/25/12 04:53 AM
05/25/12 04:53 AM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
So he was telling his sister about a making ceremony? Idiot.

Re: DeLeo sums up mob life at the top [Re: IvyLeague] #648595
05/25/12 12:43 PM
05/25/12 12:43 PM
I
icegoodbarbPresident Offline
Button
icegoodbarbPresident  Offline
I
Button
When DeLeo was acting boss a few years back his sister was probably more loyal and trustworthy than the colombo guys

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull