GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Turnbull, 1 invisible), 287 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,343
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648015
05/20/12 10:15 AM
05/20/12 10:15 AM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Well now they seem to think it was not related to mafia at all, but maybe one individual.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16231588

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: carmela] #648016
05/20/12 10:18 AM
05/20/12 10:18 AM
G
GerryLang Offline OP
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: GerryLang
[quote=short841] The mayor quick reaction to blame it on the mafia makes me think this might be a false flag operation, or something pulled off by another group, Italy did throw Gaddafi under the bus.

Italy doesn't do these things. If they think it's the mafia, they say so, and it is. They don't play around with this false flag stuff.

Complete and utter bullshit. Your belief that Italians have the special ability to solve crimes without any investigation is assinine. Italy also has a history of of what could be considered false flag attacks.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648034
05/20/12 02:35 PM
05/20/12 02:35 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
[quote=short841] The mayor quick reaction to blame it on the mafia makes me think this might be a false flag operation, or something pulled off by another group, Italy did throw Gaddafi under the bus.

Italy doesn't do these things. If they think it's the mafia, they say so, and it is. They don't play around with this false flag stuff.

Complete and utter bullshit. Your belief that Italians have the special ability to solve crimes without any investigation is assinine. Italy also has a history of of what could be considered false flag attacks.

Well that's not what I said and certainly not what i meant to imply.

What I am saying is if there is even a slight possibility the mafias are behind anything, the govt will say it right away. If it turns out to not be an organized crime group, they will correct it at that time. I wasn't talking about all crimes ever committed in the history of Italy ever.

Italy certainly does NOT have the ability to solve crimes without any investigation. Quite the opposite. They arrest now, even on mere suspicion, and investigate after. Guilty until proven innocent is the way they operate. But they will jump at the chance to show the mafia is behind a crime and won't hold back on that info. That's all I meant.

Last edited by carmela; 05/20/12 02:37 PM.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: furio_from_naples] #648035
05/20/12 03:21 PM
05/20/12 03:21 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
if Italy have become the mexico of europe, it is only because of our politicians, in 1992 tangentopolies and Clean Hands, we could be reset the political situation, the old historic parties: the Communist Party and the Christian Democratic Party, which in its history has had many elected criminals in its ranks, we were dissolved, if D'Alema with the Bicameral of 1994 has took off the television of Silvio Berlusconi, we would have had a second republicthat was not a hypocrite photocopy of the first, but this did not happen.
after 1992, the Mafia has responded with bombs, but stopped Toto Riina, Provenzano began with the strategy of the dive.
Berlusconi since 2001, has plunged Italy into a dark period,
with the euro has been halved buying power, the lack of meritocracy, a failing state and wasteful, 120 billion a year of tax evasion, a caste of politicians full of privileges, while the workers starve and fail to make ends mese.in recently increased the number of suicides due to debts, with Equitalia (the agency that collects taxes for the state) targeted by attacks, and a director of Ansaldo, kneecapped, I do not know whether it was the mafia, the Sacra Corona Unita or the secret services or the anarchists or the right-wing terrorism, I just know that such a situation had not seen even during the years of lead, I hope it is not getting worse, but I have serious doubts about this.

And then people wonder why every year around 60,000 Italians move out of the country. What a shame.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648037
05/20/12 03:29 PM
05/20/12 03:29 PM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
60000 italians? where do they all go like? Switzerland or something?

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: LuanKuci] #648039
05/20/12 03:35 PM
05/20/12 03:35 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: LuanKuci

And then people wonder why every year around 60,000 Italians move out of the country. What a shame.

lmao. You would be so kind as to put up a source for this number?

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648041
05/20/12 03:45 PM
05/20/12 03:45 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Despite all the stuff with organized crime, the murder rate is extremely low In Italy, even for Naples, Lower than Britain, Australia and of course America, so generally its a safe country, Iv'e been to Naples and found it to be a pretty safe place-if a bit dirty LOL. Of course I know it's dangerous for those involved in that life.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648044
05/20/12 04:05 PM
05/20/12 04:05 PM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
INMO Nicky i think its dangerous for anyone in Napoli. Have you seen the BBC documentary about the Camorra? Italies Bloodiest Mafia?

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: carmela] #648045
05/20/12 04:11 PM
05/20/12 04:11 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

In Italy, is it source or gravy?

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: SC] #648055
05/20/12 05:34 PM
05/20/12 05:34 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: SC

In Italy, is it source or gravy?

Isn't this the never ending debate? grin
If there's no meat, it's sauce (salsa). If you add meat, it's gravy (sugo).

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648056
05/20/12 05:52 PM
05/20/12 05:52 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
Despite all the stuff with organized crime, the murder rate is extremely low In Italy

its right, today the murder rate in italy is the lowest ever in the history, in the south its usually linked with the mafias humor that coz it was very high in the 80s with all the mafia wars at that time
places where organized crime is very strong and organized are usually safe, look at japan, hong kong
the 80s in italy was an exception coz the virulence of corleonesi

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: carmela] #648084
05/20/12 09:47 PM
05/20/12 09:47 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss

I kindly appreciate you concern, even though I'm not known on this forum as a liar or a chiacchierone...

http://news.centrodiascolto.it/video/tg2...rano-allestero.

http://www.migrantes.it/

http://www.istat.it/

Sorry, couldn't find anything as reliable has these govt. websites translated in English. You gonna have to spend some time on Babel Fish.

Let me translate the core of that video: in the past five years the number of Italians abroad went from 3 mil. to 4.1 mil. This in 5 years, not 15 nor 50.

The area of origin of today's immigrants hasn't changed much: the first to move out come from Southern Italy and the Italian Islands (Sardinia and Sicily), followed by Northern Italians and then residents from Central Italy.

This numbers don't count those that (thanks for EU less strict immigration policies) are currently abroad but haven't officially changed their residency yet.

Originally Posted By: short841
60000 italians? where do they all go like? Switzerland or something?

Good call. Close enough, since that Switzerland is # 3.

First is Germany, then the UK.

15% of current Italian immigrants have at least a Bachelor's Degree.
Even if the many Student Associations argue that the actual percentage of Italian graduates leaving every year is much higher.

Personally: I have 4 cousins in Italy (actually I had) one is working in Canada, one is studying in the Netherlands, the other two are studying\working in London. As far as my family is concern that's 4 out of 4 of the new generation.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648086
05/20/12 10:03 PM
05/20/12 10:03 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
And I kindly tell you that I have no concern for you, so we're good there. Asking for a source is not implying that you're a liar, so don't get it twisted. Just because someone may be misinformed does not mean they are intentionally lying.

I read Italian with no problem, my father and husband are born and raised in Sicily, so no worries on not finding anything in english.

I am interested how they can possibly know these types of numbers, when there are people like my husband that are citizens of Italy, living in the US as a perm resident only, and not a citizen of the US. As far as Italy is concerned he lives there, no? He is there 2 sometimes 3 times a year. Do they consider him a migrator?

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: carmela] #648089
05/20/12 10:13 PM
05/20/12 10:13 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
And I kindly tell you that I have no concern for you, so we're good there. Asking for a source is not implying that you're a liar, so don't get it twisted. Just because someone may be misinformed does not mean they are intentionally lying.

I read Italian with no problem, my father and husband are born and raised in Sicily, so no worries on not finding anything in english.

I am interested how they can possibly know these types of numbers, when there are people like my husband that are citizens of Italy, living in the US as a perm resident only, and not a citizen of the US. As far as Italy is concerned he lives there, no? He is there 2 sometimes 3 times a year. Do they consider him a migrator?

Yes, since that once you officially reside outside of Italy you should officially be labelled as an emigrant. Is he's enrolled in the A.I.R.E. (Associazione Italiani Residenti all'Estero)? That's one of the many institutions that oversee us.

But, as you'll hear from the video I posted with the sources, due to the current state of Italian bureaucracy, numbers tend to be not that accurate.

Thankfully, there are tons of associations of Italians abroad that help the Govt. with valuable info. Such as Fondazione Migrantes.

Feel free to PM me if you need any help or info.
Buona serata.

Last edited by LuanKuci; 05/20/12 10:16 PM.
Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648090
05/20/12 10:18 PM
05/20/12 10:18 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
^^^ Very good. Thank you.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: carmela] #648092
05/20/12 10:22 PM
05/20/12 10:22 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
^^^ Very good. Thank you.

You're very welcome Carmela.

Oh...Almost forgot the A.N.F.E., Associazione Nazionale Famiglie Emigranti.
They can be helpful for info, documents, translations, etc...

http://www.anfe.it/

Last edited by LuanKuci; 05/20/12 10:23 PM.
Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: short841] #648098
05/21/12 12:01 AM
05/21/12 12:01 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
INMO Nicky i think its dangerous for anyone in Napoli. Have you seen the BBC documentary about the Camorra? Italies Bloodiest Mafia?

Yeah its dangerous if your in that life, but trust me you feel more threatened in parts of London at night or Los Angeles.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: NickyScarfo] #648107
05/21/12 02:35 AM
05/21/12 02:35 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo

Yeah its dangerous if your in that life, but trust me you feel more threatened in parts of London at night or Los Angeles.

I can't say about London, but Naples is an interesting town. I know a lot of napoletani, born and bread in the city and they've openly told me that there are some areas where they wouldn't even dare going. As far as Italy is concern Naples is the most dangerous city, followed by Milan and then Rome (even if these two cities are always neck to neck for # 2). It's compared to Tijuana, and the kids living in some areas have the same PTD of Baghdad's kids (read in a Repubblica article few years ago).

As far as LA I have to admit, it's not an easy yes or no. I've been living down here since last Spring and I've gather some interesting experiences.
First of, LA is a city made of cities, with different laws, regulations and security.
Sure, just like any city on the planet there are areas where you do not want to go, period. But the overall experiences that I've been living in West LA (everything west of Hollywood) is far from being traumatic or even Naples-like.

For the massive city that it is (LA County is about 12 mil.), I have to say that it's fairly good. Statistics and data back this idea up. It's not the city I wanna live, but I have to give it respect.

Overall, I fesl more secure in West LA than when visiting relatives in Milan (even the city center).

But this is me and my own experience.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648108
05/21/12 02:39 AM
05/21/12 02:39 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Yeah Luan I hear you, I was on holiday with a friend in LA once and we got lost driving and ended up in Watts at night, and it seemed a bit of a threatening environment! My point is as a tourist in Naples I didn't feel threatened at any point, people were very respectful. In London it can be common to get pick-pocketed or mugged.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648114
05/21/12 05:11 AM
05/21/12 05:11 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy

http://www.agi.it/in-primo-piano/notizie...on_giacca_scura

There is an identikit of the alleged killer, a man apparently of middle-aged ', wearing a dark jacket of light shirt, collar open, light pants, sneakers. And 'leaning against a wall. The left hand presses a remote control or something like that. Investigators believe he could be the assassin of Brindisi. The camera has fixed that moment, and 'that was installed on a kiosk selling drinks and sandwiches in the immediate vicinity' of the school 'Morvillo-Falcone', a meeting place for the students. It lasts one minute the video of the shooting.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648115
05/21/12 05:18 AM
05/21/12 05:18 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I would like to clarify a few things to those of the forum, think that Italy is a dangerous country;
In short, Naples, Rome or Milan are like other cities where there are dangerous neighborhoods in the hands of organized crime, which is dangerous to go there as well as in Los Angeles, London or New York;
vannio many Italians left Italy because the lack of meritocracy does not allow him to find a job, despite graduates with excellent grades;
also the homicide rate is very low, and a situation like that in Campania in the late 70th and the beginning of the 80s which there were more than a thousand dead in a few years can never be repeated because the forces of 'order are more prepared and more active than 20 or 30 years ago, as well as for the 5 mafias is increasingly hard to find durable political support.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: furio_from_naples] #648121
05/21/12 09:07 AM
05/21/12 09:07 AM
Cesena Italy
L
ledblimp Offline
Made Member
ledblimp  Offline
L
Made Member
Cesena Italy
I've been wandering around Italy for two years now. I can honestly say that I've never felt threatened or uneasy anywhere. I spent a week in Rome and wandered some lonely streets late at night, away from centro, and never had any concerns. I've never been to Milan or Naples(wanted to Furio but no time left now as I return to the states the end of next month)but was warned many times not to go to Palermo, especially by myself,walked through many rough areas there but never felt the slightest unease. Probably the closest thing to unease was in Corleone as we got alot of stares but I think that was due more to the fact that we were obvious tourists and Corleone is'nt the easiest place to get to. IMO Italy is quite safe and better than most areas in the states.

The Brindisi bombing was awful but I think it was highly irresponsible for the local government,almost immedietly, to start blaming the SCU. I hope they get the guy and give him a slow painful death.

Last edited by ledblimp; 05/21/12 09:08 AM.
Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: LuanKuci] #648128
05/21/12 09:53 AM
05/21/12 09:53 AM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas
I can't say about London, but Naples is an interesting town. I know a lot of napoletani, born and bread in the city and they've openly told me that there are some areas where they wouldn't even dare going. As far as Italy is concern Naples is the most dangerous city, followed by Milan and then Rome (even if these two cities are always neck to neck for # 2). It's compared to Tijuana, and the kids living in some areas have the same PTD of Baghdad's kids (read in a Repubblica article few years ago).

Luan, I realize this is your perspective, but I have to disagree with you on the comparison to Tijuana. The atrocities in Tijuana and other cities in Mexico occur on a daily basis. This incident is just as awful, but seems to be an isolated, more rare occurrence.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.
Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648131
05/21/12 10:06 AM
05/21/12 10:06 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
It's a shame such a young beautiful girl dies in such way. Hope the person who did it get's what he deserves. wink

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648133
05/21/12 10:41 AM
05/21/12 10:41 AM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
I've visited LA a lot and I've been to Napoli too, but I wouldn't even think about going on vacation to Tijuana.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648149
05/21/12 02:30 PM
05/21/12 02:30 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
in Naples I didn't feel threatened at any point, people were very respectful. In London it can be common to get pick-pocketed or mugged.

although tourists are not killed in napoli (only a few in decades) its very easy being mugged in napoli, everyone who go there told me about and myself saw it its quite dangerous even for tourists
london is dangerous too but there is not mafia, more gangs and petty crimes at most
but if you took all the camorra-related crimes like extortions to every shops even the little ones and other tons of crimes you see that napoli is far more dangerous than london, for shopkeepers and everyone

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648150
05/21/12 02:39 PM
05/21/12 02:39 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
It's compared to Tijuana, and the kids living in some areas have the same PTD of Baghdad's kids (read in a Repubblica article few years ago).

nah in europe there is not any city even close to tjiuana or caracas or other south american city, they are by far the most violent in the world
the difference of napoli, palermo and southern cities with the european ones is the daily extortions to every shop, enterprises etc. that put in danger virtually every shopkeeper

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: GerryLang] #648151
05/21/12 02:49 PM
05/21/12 02:49 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Within Europe, places in Russia would have the highest homicide rates, I know Russia in the last few years was in the top 5 in the world. There's some real ruthless people over there.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: m2w] #648152
05/21/12 02:55 PM
05/21/12 02:55 PM
London, UK
C
ciccogol Offline
Wiseguy
ciccogol  Offline
C
Wiseguy
London, UK
Being that I live in London and have spent many months living in Napoli, I think that the subtle differences are important.
In London, the risk of being mugged/beaten up is a pretty one-dimensional aspect - either due to drink/drugs or simply running into bad elements at the wrong time of day in a bad area. Similar risks can be found in all urban areas the world over, including in Napoli, with low-level pickpockets, junkies hanging around the train stations looking for an easy target etc.

However, Napoli can present more of a danger than say London and other European cities on another dimension, simply due to the fact that it is in the grip of a powerful crime system. Whilst Camorristi are very unlikely to accost a tourist or even the average Neapolitan walking around, the presence is tangible and contributes to a different 'sense' of danger, which is why someone from Napoli can be said to be more streetsmart than someone in London. Walking around, knowing that the shops pay a pizzo and that all the African merchants pay up to crime bosses is simply not a mentality that I have encountered in London, where you just have to be wary for young kids who are trying to copy American hood films.

Re: Bombing at girls School in Sicily blamed on Mafia [Re: m2w] #648153
05/21/12 02:56 PM
05/21/12 02:56 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: m2w
Quote:
It's compared to Tijuana, and the kids living in some areas have the same PTD of Baghdad's kids (read in a Repubblica article few years ago).

nah in europe there is not any city even close to tjiuana or caracas or other south american city, they are by far the most violent in the world
the difference of napoli, palermo and southern cities with the european ones is the daily extortions to every shop, enterprises etc. that put in danger virtually every shopkeeper

Well PTD isn't something that people pick up for fun. If kids in the inner city got it, there is a reason. Plus, for Eurpean standard...certain places of Naples can easly be compared to those cities. Where entire neighborhoods are under the complete control of organized crime. They even have a surveillance system around the whole area. Kids working as spotters, and teenagers questioning anyone that enters (by foot, scooter or car) even if it's an average Joe Doe.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull