GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, 1 invisible), 246 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,004
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,287
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FBI Agent Phonetap Affidavit re: Genovese Family #647208
05/13/12 06:30 PM
05/13/12 06:30 PM
Long Island, NY
B
Brickhouse Offline OP
Wiseguy
Brickhouse  Offline OP
B
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
Hi all. I am a new poster and I guess this post serves as an introduction on top of a contribution to the board. Hope this isn't a repost but I didnt see it anywhere on the site and it's pretty interesting. It's an affidavit by the FBI to tap Buster Ardito's phone and details who he was meeting with and gives you a little look into Genovese activities. Anyway I'm looking forward to some interesting convo!

http://www.politechbot.com/docs/fbi.ardito.affidavit.p2.120106.pdf

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those of us who have hunted armed men and like it, care for nothing else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway
Re: FBI Agent Phonetap Affidavit re: Genovese Family [Re: Brickhouse] #647210
05/13/12 06:58 PM
05/13/12 06:58 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

It's been posted before, though not in that form. Somebody that runs a NJMafia blog has had it. Lots of interesting info in that.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: FBI Agent Phonetap Affidavit re: Genovese Family [Re: Brickhouse] #647214
05/13/12 07:06 PM
05/13/12 07:06 PM
Long Island, NY
B
Brickhouse Offline OP
Wiseguy
Brickhouse  Offline OP
B
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
Sorry for the repost. Part of what is brushed on in the affidavit is Patsy Parello's kid getting killed. Apparently as retribution for Patsy slapping Locascio. An Albanian kid did it (he was apparently roughed up pretty bad in prison). What's the story with that? Seems kinda far fetched that the Gambinos would whack Parello's son as retaliation... Prob more to it?

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those of us who have hunted armed men and like it, care for nothing else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway
Re: FBI Agent Phonetap Affidavit re: Genovese Family [Re: Brickhouse] #647216
05/13/12 07:19 PM
05/13/12 07:19 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Brickhouse
Sorry for the repost. Part of what is brushed on in the affidavit is Patsy Parello's kid getting killed. Apparently as retribution for Patsy slapping Locascio. An Albanian kid did it (he was apparently roughed up pretty bad in prison). What's the story with that? Seems kinda far fetched that the Gambinos would whack Parello's son as retaliation... Prob more to it?

There's never been complete agreement here on the forums about what happened. You'll get different accounts of what exactly happened and why it happened.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: FBI Agent Phonetap Affidavit re: Genovese Family [Re: IvyLeague] #647217
05/13/12 07:24 PM
05/13/12 07:24 PM
Long Island, NY
B
Brickhouse Offline OP
Wiseguy
Brickhouse  Offline OP
B
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
Is there a past thread on it that I can look up? What was your take on it?

Re: FBI Agent Phonetap Affidavit re: Genovese Family [Re: Brickhouse] #647224
05/13/12 09:43 PM
05/13/12 09:43 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Brickhouse
Is there a past thread on it that I can look up? What was your take on it?

I was talking about threads over on the other forum. This is a post from a guy who lives in the area and had this to say...

Bruno187 -
"I honestly can't believe half the shit I'm hearing on here about this situation. It's been gone over again and again. But to dispel a few rumours,

Zef was never a "tough" guy. He was a sneaky guy who would wait for an opportune moment to ambush you with his brother Pete and maybe a few other guys, but he couldn't handle himself toe to toe. He was/is chronically drunk also. He at one point or another, was banned from just about every club in the neighborhood for getting drunk and acting like a dick (breaking shit and slapping people who he could get away with it with).

Patsy's son didn't raise his hands to Tori...it was Patsy who put his hands on him. He slapped him and there wasn't a fuck of a lot Tori could do at the moment. Patsy is a fucking animal, always was, probably always will be. If Tori raised his hands and fought back, he would have been a lot worse off initially.

Patsy's son was killed by an Albanian kid from the neighborhood. The talk was that he was put up to it by Zef (who wields a lot of influence amongst the Albanians) but there was also a story that the kid was abusing this Albanian kid for quite a while and the Albanian kid got tired of taking shit and whacked him. Oddly enough, the cops got the Albanian kid, prosecuted him, and he wound up beating the case. He supposedly took off back to the other side.

The conjecture is that there was a big sitdown, and Patsy was told to let it go, since he broke rules and put his hands on a made guy. He couldn't do anything, although he more than likely wanted to."

pizzaboy is from around there as well. Maybe he has some more info.

Re: FBI Agent Phonetap Affidavit re: Genovese Family [Re: IvyLeague] #647254
05/14/12 06:28 AM
05/14/12 06:28 AM
Long Island, NY
B
Brickhouse Offline OP
Wiseguy
Brickhouse  Offline OP
B
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
Interesting stuff IvyLeague. Thanks for taking the time to fill me in. I find it to be very interesting that the Genovese let Patsy live after slapping a Gambino and causing the inevitable friction between families that would ensue. The Genovese have always been willing to use murder to enforce discipline, even in this day and age. I guess it just shows the tremendous respect and earning potential Parello has. Then again he was forced to swallow losing his son....

Re: FBI Agent Phonetap Affidavit re: Genovese Family [Re: IvyLeague] #647264
05/14/12 09:57 AM
05/14/12 09:57 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
pizzaboy is from around there as wall, Ivy Maybe he has some more info.

I'm unfamiliar with that blog , so I don't know Bruno187 from a hole in the wall, Ivy. But his synopsis of the situation is pretty accurate, with two minor quibbles.

1) Zef might not be a tough guy in a "put-up-your-dukes-and-we'll-fight-man-to-man" kind of way, but that doesn't mean he isn't dangerous. Quite the contrary. He's not squeamish when it comes to swinging an aluminum baseball bat. That's all I'm saying.

2) As far as Little Patsy "abusing" that Albanian kid?

Bruno187 is right (and he's obviously familiar with Fordham wink ); that was a theory back then. But I never believed it for a minute. He was too nice a kid. Grew up in the suburbs (Bronxville). Went to private school (Stepinac). Never gave his parents any trouble at all.

Most wiseguys' kids are spoiled and useless, but that kid was just different. He was only about 24 years old when he was killed, but I honestly think he would have gone on to become a professional or a straight businessman of some kind.

To this day it amazes me that he was shot in broad daylight right in the heart of the neighborhood. His mother never really recovered. And his father, who might be an "animal" in some regards (to quote Bruno187), was also very much changed by the incident.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull