GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (mike68, joepuzzles234, m2w), 199 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,948
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,343
Posts1,058,963
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Connie Timeline #646299
05/06/12 06:03 PM
05/06/12 06:03 PM
Over Here < < in TX
U talkin' da me ?? Offline OP
Shiny Brass
U talkin' da me ??  Offline OP
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
Pardon me if this information is found elsewhere. I still don't know if there is a detailed database somewhere giving information about each GF character.

In the Wiki article about Connie, it states that in the years since Carlo's death, she has had a series of meaningless affairs and marriages just to spite Michael.

Is there a list of the marriages, or more information as to how many marriages Connie had before bringing Merle around ? ?

In The GF Part II, I was initally confused when Michael stated to Connie "The ink on your divorce isn't dry yet, and you're getting married?"

I didn't know about the other marriages, so I though Michael was talking about Connie divorcing Carlo. And I wondered why Connie would divorce Carlo... Was it because Carlo had just gone missing, and after a time Connie divorced him, I thought? I was assuming that Carlo just dissappeared, and that Connie assumed that Michael had had him killed.

But, obviously, with other marriages, what I assumed does not hold water.

"It's nothing personal, Sonny....... It's strictly business."

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #646307
05/06/12 06:33 PM
05/06/12 06:33 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Did you miss the conclusion of GFI? Remember one of the final scenes where Connie hit Michael and talked about his killing Carlo?

Connie: "Why do you think he kept Carlo at the mall? All the time he knew he was gonna kill'im."

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Connie Timeline [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #646316
05/06/12 08:18 PM
05/06/12 08:18 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Toward the end of the novel, it states that Connie remarries quickly, to a Corleone employee who seems to work on the legitimate side of the family.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: Connie Timeline [Re: olivant] #646380
05/07/12 05:13 AM
05/07/12 05:13 AM
Over Here < < in TX
Shiny Brass
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
Originally Posted By: olivant
Did you miss the conclusion of GFI? Remember one of the final scenes where Connie hit Michael and talked about his killing Carlo?

Connie: "Why do you think he kept Carlo at the mall? All the time he knew he was gonna kill'im."

I have the GF Trilogy, so I know I've seen that part.

How exactly did Connie discover that Carlo had died, do we know ???

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #646381
05/07/12 05:35 AM
05/07/12 05:35 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: U talkin' da me ??
How exactly did Connie discover that Carlo had died, do we know ???

She was a Corleone and she was smarter than Fredo. shhh

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #646384
05/07/12 07:10 AM
05/07/12 07:10 AM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
I don't find the question trivial (even though it fits more in the Trilogy forum). What did the Corleones do with Carlo's body? Did they let him disappear or did they place the body somewhere?

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: Danito] #646536
05/08/12 11:49 AM
05/08/12 11:49 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally Posted By: Danito
I don't find the question trivial (even though it fits more in the Trilogy forum). What did the Corleones do with Carlo's body? Did they let him disappear or did they place the body somewhere?

I thought Carlo was the new windshield, considering he kicked out the old one. wink

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: Danito] #646553
05/08/12 12:59 PM
05/08/12 12:59 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Danito

They're gangsters. Their disposal alternatives are almost endless. He probably ended up in a landfill - unimaginative, but standard.

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: olivant] #646708
05/09/12 01:53 PM
05/09/12 01:53 PM
C
Crazy_Joe_Gallo Offline
Made Member
Crazy_Joe_Gallo  Offline
C
Made Member
They buried him. On a hill. Overlooking a little river. With pine cones all around.

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: Crazy_Joe_Gallo] #646727
05/09/12 02:12 PM
05/09/12 02:12 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Crazy_Joe_Gallo
They buried him. On a hill. Overlooking a little river. With pine cones all around.

They did?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Connie Timeline [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #646935
05/11/12 10:43 AM
05/11/12 10:43 AM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
She knows via the newspapers because while yelling at Michael, She says "read the papers....."

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Connie Timeline [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #647172
05/13/12 12:21 PM
05/13/12 12:21 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
The Board consensus is that the baptism took place on a Sunday, and, thus, the murders took place on a Sunday. When Connie confronts Micahel about Carlo's death, there is a moving van in the mall driveway. It's unlikely that moving day was that same Sunday and unlikely that Michael would have arranged moving day on murder day. So, Connie probably learned of Carlo's murder through notification by the authorities. Her reference to the papers was probably a general one since Michael's position as a Don would have been grist for the newspaper mills.

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: olivant] #647177
05/13/12 02:13 PM
05/13/12 02:13 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
So, Connie probably learned of Carlo's murder through notification by the authorities. Her reference to the papers was probably a general one since Michael's position as a Don would have been grist for the newspaper mills.

Well, that raises an interesting point. As Oli notes, Connie's "hysteria" comes after the actual murder--perhaps several days or even weeks. What was she told about Carlo's disappearance in the interim? What did she think?

I'm guessing that she was told that Carlo went off to Vegas as was planned before Michael said to Carlo (alone), "Can't go to Vegas, Carlo." His failure to contact her might have seemed to her as if he'd lapsed back into his old, philandering mode--until she read the papers. The papers would have been full of news of the Great Massacre of 1955. They might not have associated Michael with the massacre because Vito had died and Michael had kept a low profile. But Connie knew Michael was behind the massacre, and figured out what happened to Carlo.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Connie Timeline [Re: olivant] #647182
05/13/12 02:35 PM
05/13/12 02:35 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
The Board consensus is that the baptism took place on a Sunday, and, thus, the murders took place on a Sunday.

Is that a fact?

Quote:
When Connie confronts Micahel about Carlo's death, there is a moving van in the mall driveway. It's unlikely that moving day was that same Sunday and unlikely that Michael would have arranged moving day on murder day. So, Connie probably learned of Carlo's murder through notification by the authorities. Her reference to the papers was probably a general one since Michael's position as a Don would have been grist for the newspaper mills.

When Carlo was murdered Connie and the kids were already in Vegas as described in the novel. So it's normal that she found out about Carlo's death probably days later, not to mention that she had to board a plane to come home.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Connie Timeline [Re: Turnbull] #647187
05/13/12 03:16 PM
05/13/12 03:16 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
You know TB, I think that so many of us face a challenge separating the novel from the film. When reviewing the novel, of course there can be quite a difference from the film. In this case, Connie flies back from Vegas apparently once she learns of Carlo's death. Who knows how she found out. But during her confrontation with Michael she tells Kay that, based on the news stories, he murdered Barzini and Tattaglia along with Carlo. So, there's no telling how much time elapsed between Carlo's disappearance and Connie's consequent arrival on the mall. The film added to the drama with the moving van et al. I liked the way she pushed the one mover out of the way as she entered the house.

Last edited by olivant; 05/13/12 03:17 PM.

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #647249
05/14/12 03:04 AM
05/14/12 03:04 AM
Over Here < < in TX
Shiny Brass
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
If the family disposed of Carlo's body in a landfill, the bottom of the river, or a hidden grave, then how would his death be in the papers??

But, they could have have just dumped Carlo's body in a public street in Barzini's territory (as that would a fitting message to the Barzinni family). The papers could then have written up Carlo's death as mob related. But Connie, could have seen through those reports in the paper, to assume it was her brother that ordered him dead, just as she knew the Communion Day Massacre was by his orders.

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: Sonny_Black] #647277
05/14/12 11:07 AM
05/14/12 11:07 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
The Board consensus is that the baptism took place on a Sunday, and, thus, the murders took place on a Sunday.

Is that a fact?

I don't know that it's the "consensus" here, as I don't ever recall discussing it. But I can say with absolute certainty that I've never been to a Catholic Baptism that didn't take place on a Sunday (and I've literally been to a hundred). To me, it's a joyous, personal holiday, which has always been associated with taking place on a Sunday.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Connie Timeline [Re: pizzaboy] #647292
05/14/12 01:14 PM
05/14/12 01:14 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I don't know that it's the "consensus" here, as I don't ever recall discussing it. But I can say with absolute certainty that I've never been to a Catholic Baptism that didn't take place on a Sunday (and I've literally been to a hundred). To me, it's a joyous, personal holiday, which has always been associated with taking place on a Sunday.

U Talkin' da Me touched on this above, but with respect to the novel some of Puzo's famous sloppy writing is afoot: it talks about Michael being godfather, which would imply Baptism, but they refer to the child being "confirmed", and Confirmation would occur around 7th grade. The child, the elder of Connie and Carlo, might have been of age for his First Communion (age 7 or so).

You'd have godparents for baptism and a "sponsor" for Confirmation. I don't think anyone stands with you at First Communion, as it's usually a large ceremony with all of the kids lined up.

Last edited by mustachepete; 05/14/12 01:16 PM.

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: pizzaboy] #647297
05/14/12 01:29 PM
05/14/12 01:29 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

as I don't ever recall discussing it. But I can say with absolute certainty that I've never been to a Catholic Baptism that didn't take place on a Sunday (and I've literally been to a hundred). To me, it's a joyous, personal holiday, which has always been associated with taking place on a Sunday.

2009: thread was Courthouse.

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: mustachepete] #647300
05/14/12 01:34 PM
05/14/12 01:34 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: mustachepete

U Talkin' da Me touched on this above, but with respect to the novel some of Puzo's famous sloppy writing is afoot: it talks about Michael being godfather, which would imply Baptism, but they refer to the child being "confirmed", and Confirmation would occur around 7th grade. The child, the elder of Connie and Carlo, might have been of age for his First Communion (age 7 or so).

You'd have godparents for baptism and a "sponsor" for Confirmation. I don't think anyone stands with you at First Communion, as it's usually a large ceremony with all of the kids lined up.

I know that in Italy (and many Italians here that are from Italy, too), if a child being confirmed asks a man to be their sponsor, that man is considered another Godfather to the child. The child may choose his Godfather that baptised him, or may choose another. If it's another, it is also considered to be the child's Godfather. Now if Puzo thought about this, I dont know, maybe it was just sloppy writing, as I'm not sure how many italians in the US follow this, or even realize it.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: carmela] #647304
05/14/12 01:40 PM
05/14/12 01:40 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: carmela
I know that in Italy (and many Italians here that are from Italy, too), if a child being confirmed asks a man to be their sponsor, that man is considered another Godfather to the child. The child may choose his Godfather that baptised him, or may choose another.

Exactly.

More often than not an Italian American boy might refer to his Confirmation sponsor as his "Goombah," or something equally as familiar and affectionate.

Re: Connie Timeline [Re: carmela] #647307
05/14/12 01:45 PM
05/14/12 01:45 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Originally Posted By: carmela

I know that in Italy (and many Italians here that are from Italy, too), if a child being confirmed asks a man to be their sponsor, that man is considered another Godfather to the child. The child may choose his Godfather that baptised him, or may choose another. If it's another, it is also considered to be the child's Godfather. Now if Puzo thought about this, I dont know, maybe it was just sloppy writing, as I'm not sure how many italians in the US follow this, or even realize it.

Thanks, this would tend to clear things up a bit. Unfortunately, it also seems to mean that I'm going to be on the hook for a watch in about five years.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull