GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, ChiTown), 240 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,886
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,643
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: furio_from_naples] #645512
04/30/12 01:58 PM
04/30/12 01:58 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
street gangs are very limited activities compared to mafia, they usually run a couple of neighbourhoods at most ina single city, mafia is usually more widespread
lets say if a enterely black or latino neighbourhoods run by a specific gang disappear or change etnnichity that gang will disappear the mafia go on to exists even all the changes in 100 years

Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: Rompipalle] #645521
04/30/12 04:11 PM
04/30/12 04:11 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: Rompipalle
Mussolini you win , let's just say the mob Around here, yeah do call themselves Italians first .

Not a contest my friend, we are both after the same thing and that is the truth. Sorry I was not more clear in my first post and I appreciate your input.

Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: Scorsese] #645524
04/30/12 04:13 PM
04/30/12 04:13 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
Actually street gangs are pretty varied and complex. Alot of the big ones have structures and ranks and also gang leaders and even members vary in ages from mid twenties to their 40s and they engage in a diverse array of activity from drug dealing, robbery,extortion, fraud, cyber crime,prostitution, contract murder and money laundering.As far as legitimate business goes a number of gang members have been known to open up businesses and in chicago they have been reported to have gotten involved with the construction industry. They also have been known to get involved with music production aswell. Alot of these businesses are used to launder money and also as fronts for other illegal activity such as drug dealing.I think people tend simplify gangs into just kids who hang out on a corner sling bags of dope even though that is part of it.

the mafia though a very organised group of career criminals isnt invincible, they cant just wipe people out , the fact they no longer control the drug trade in their own stronghold in new york is proof of that because if they could they would.

I don't think they have ever controlled the entire drug trade in NYC and comparing street gangs organization to the mafia is ridiculous. Can you provide a source for these street gangs getting involved in the construction trade?

Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: Mussolini14] #645535
04/30/12 04:41 PM
04/30/12 04:41 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Mussolini
The mafia once controlled the entire heroin supply in the northeast up until the late 70s. My point was if they were as capable and powerful as some people still seem to think they are surely that would still be the case. Also i dont think its that ridiculous to compare street gangs to the mafia, they are both crime groups with rules,rank and intitation, they are just different ethnicities and ages. The construction thing ive read in a few articles i posted up before. Ive posted up alot of stuff on street gangs on this forum so i dont really want to keep putting up the same links everytime street gangs are brought up on a new thread, but heres one of the articles where its mentioned. http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-2012/Gangs-and-Politicians-An-Unholy-Alliance/

Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: furio_from_naples] #645540
04/30/12 05:11 PM
04/30/12 05:11 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
street gangs have not ranks and initiation cerimonies, they are loosely organized compared to mafia and other form of organized crime

Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: Mussolini14] #645541
04/30/12 05:13 PM
04/30/12 05:13 PM
Rompipalle Offline
Button
Rompipalle  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
Originally Posted By: Rompipalle
Mussolini you win , let's just say the mob Around here, yeah do call themselves Italians first .

Not a contest my friend, we are both after the same thing and that is the truth. Sorry I was not more clear in my first post and I appreciate your input.

no problem my forgiveness for the mis-understanding

"Andate tutti a'fanculo"
Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: furio_from_naples] #645542
04/30/12 05:17 PM
04/30/12 05:17 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Obviously even in it's heyday, the mob couldn't control the drug trade in New York from top to bottom. And, even today, it's still a major player in the NY drug trade. But what benefits the mob, even more than if they controlled all the narcotics, is their diversification.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: Scorsese] #645559
04/30/12 08:22 PM
04/30/12 08:22 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Mussolini
The mafia once controlled the entire heroin supply in the northeast up until the late 70s. My point was if they were as capable and powerful as some people still seem to think they are surely that would still be the case. Also i dont think its that ridiculous to compare street gangs to the mafia, they are both crime groups with rules,rank and intitation, they are just different ethnicities and ages. The construction thing ive read in a few articles i posted up before. Ive posted up alot of stuff on street gangs on this forum so i dont really want to keep putting up the same links everytime street gangs are brought up on a new thread, but heres one of the articles where its mentioned. http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-2012/Gangs-and-Politicians-An-Unholy-Alliance/

NOthing wrong with comparing them as criminal groups but to assume street gangs are as diversified as the mafia when it comes to things like construction and extortion is ridiculous and one article or even a handful vs documented records of decades of controlling labor unions,cement, windows ect is like comparing a local drug dealer with a grow op to the Mexican Cartels.

Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: Scorsese] #645611
05/01/12 03:42 AM
05/01/12 03:42 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Actually street gangs are pretty varied and complex. Alot of the big ones have structures and ranks and also gang leaders and even members vary in ages from mid twenties to their 40s and they engage in a diverse array of activity from drug dealing, robbery,extortion, fraud, cyber crime,prostitution, contract murder and money laundering.As far as legitimate business goes a number of gang members have been known to open up businesses and in chicago they have been reported to have gotten involved with the construction industry. They also have been known to get involved with music production aswell. Alot of these businesses are used to launder money and also as fronts for other illegal activity such as drug dealing.I think people tend simplify gangs into just kids who hang out on a corner sling bags of dope even though that is part of it.

This. The only difference between the mafia and street gangs is that street gangs wear their wife beater under shirts in the open.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: Mussolini14] #645612
05/01/12 03:49 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Mussolini

NOthing wrong with comparing them as criminal groups but to assume street gangs are as diversified as the mafia when it comes to things like construction and extortion is ridiculous and one article or even a handful vs documented records of decades of controlling labor unions,cement, windows ect is like comparing a local drug dealer with a grow op to the Mexican Cartels.

i never said that they were involved with labour unions, my point was that the idea that they do not get involved with legitimate business is not really all that true.

Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: Nicholas] #645613
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Nicholas

This. The only difference between the mafia and street gangs is that street gangs wear their wife beater under shirts in the open.

true, true

Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: Scorsese] #645614
05/01/12 03:51 AM
05/01/12 03:51 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA

true, true

I'm thinking about putting that in my signature

Last edited by Nicholas; 05/01/12 03:51 AM.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: Nicholas] #645623
05/01/12 08:26 AM
05/01/12 08:26 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario

You're joking right? Or do you really believe when it comes to organization and structure the only difference is the wife beaters?

Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: Mussolini14] #645639
05/01/12 11:02 AM
05/01/12 11:02 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Hey! the wife beater is an important accessory to a gangster.

Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: Scorsese] #645670
05/01/12 02:41 PM
05/01/12 02:41 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Hey! the wife beater is an important accessory to a gangster.

Italian Gangsters love wife beaters too! havent you seen "A Bronx Tale"? lol

Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: NickyScarfo] #645911
05/03/12 06:54 AM
05/03/12 06:54 AM
L
LeftyIIGuns Offline
Associate
LeftyIIGuns  Offline
L
Associate
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
If you read the wiretap transcripts of the case in NJ, where some Lucchese guys were working with a bloods leader, the blood leader was kind of in awe of the family and said how he "loved you guys" about the mafia, I think street gangs, especially high ranking guys respect the mob and its history and try to emulate them sometimes.

Hi, i'd really like to read those (wiretap transcripts).
Can someone point me in the right direction of where to get the transcripts. Or the whole trial protocol.

Would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: LeftyIIGuns] #645913
05/03/12 07:07 AM
05/03/12 07:07 AM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
Here you go. Ivy posted the original warrant affidavit a while back. Those typed out wiretap transcripts are an interesting read.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=642049#Post642049

Last edited by Chopper2012; 05/03/12 07:08 AM.
Re: the world of crime, still fears the Mafia? [Re: Mussolini14] #646043
05/04/12 05:57 AM
05/04/12 05:57 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA

You're joking right? Or do you really believe when it comes to organization and structure the only difference is the wife beaters?

Hahahahahaha, I had to joke.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull