GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DanteMoltisanti, 1 invisible), 318 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,825
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin #645025
04/25/12 09:25 AM
04/25/12 09:25 AM
The Army Barracks
The_Don_Is_Dead Offline OP
A Rabid Anti-Dentite
The_Don_Is_Dead  Offline OP
A Rabid Anti-Dentite
Made Member
The Army Barracks
Same deal as my other two threads this time we have the two winners face off. Personally i'm a bigger fan of The Beatles (they are my favorite band after all).

A Day In The Life - The Beatles

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles

Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin

D'yer Mak'er - Led Zeppelin

The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 04/25/12 09:24 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by The_Don_Is_Dead; 04/25/12 09:25 AM.

The more i see, the less i know - John Lennon
Re: The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #645031
04/25/12 11:42 AM
04/25/12 11:42 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Zep where the better live band but again the Beatles where better..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin [Re: DE NIRO] #645036
04/25/12 12:51 PM
04/25/12 12:51 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Apples and orange

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin [Re: Turnbull] #645073
04/25/12 08:03 PM
04/25/12 08:03 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Apples and orange

More like Tom Brady and Phil Simms. I mean this isn't even close, Led Zeppelin's musical output doesn't and can't match-up with the Beatles' discography.

As for the "live" argument, it should be noted that looking through their earliest captured performances on film, they became a tight, well-oiled rock n roll group after years of endless performances at German stripclubs and Liverpool pubs.

Their released rendition of "Twist & Shout," which was in effect a live recording done after a long hectic day of studio recording for their last LP. Pure audio dynamite. Or even their first Ed Sullivan appearance, they were fucking good too. Or that Washington concert done shortly after Ed Sullivan, in short of the technical limitations and having to revolve the stage and equipment in circles to face the riotous around them...still tight. To dismiss their live playing skills is just rubbish.

It's just when they did stadiums and the technology just wasn't there to justify those performances, andthe Beatles indeed not able to hear themselves over the screaming girls, who really probably weren't even sure what those guys were playing or cared honestly. That demoralized the band, and they got sloppy in just not even trying anymore.

Case in point, watch on YouTube their Japan concerts in 1966. Jesus you can notice the steep decline, and why they quit touring. After seeing that, you can absolutely understand why Lennon and Harrison subconciously were discouraged from heavy touring for the rest of their lives.

EDIT - Actually that's a slight fib. In 1971/72, Lennon had planned an American tour to encourage youth vote registration in advance of the '72 elections. But that tour was cancelled when the FBI and INS started trying to deport him. And he had planned UK concerts for spring '81.

Harrison had a tour in '74, but he got severely bad reviews. Mostly because he basically shredded his throat in recording his album DARK HORSE in haste and beginning that tour just right after finishing that LP. But honestly IMO, I've seen/heard clips from those '74 shows and...he wasn't that bad? Sure you could notice the difference, but it wasn't like it wrecked the concerts and plus he had a very damn good band that helped cover for him.

Re: The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #645074
04/25/12 08:11 PM
04/25/12 08:11 PM
Over Here < < in TX
U talkin' da me ?? Offline
Shiny Brass
U talkin' da me ??  Offline
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
I discovered The Beatles during Beatlemania, as a child of 8.

I discovered Led Zeppelin in 1969 as a teen of 14.

Both bands have had a major influence on my life.

I listen to them both.

I have no opinion as to which band is "better".

"It's nothing personal, Sonny....... It's strictly business."

Re: The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #645086
04/25/12 11:05 PM
04/25/12 11:05 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

It's just when they did stadiums and the technology just wasn't there to justify those performances, andthe Beatles indeed not able to hear themselves over the screaming girls, who really probably weren't even sure what those guys were playing or cared honestly. That demoralized the band, and they got sloppy in just not even trying anymore.

I bought a book years ago, "Beatles Gear," which showed the equipment they used throughout their careers. Your statement, "the technology wasn't there," was an understatement. They had been using 50-watt amps until their Shea Stadium (NY) concerts, then they got Peavey (I think) to make 100-watt amps. They needed them, too, because the concerts were piped over the stadium's PA system, normally used to announce the batting order for baseball games. Not exactly a superior auditory experience for their fans and them. Also, they didn't use foldback speakers then, which meant they couldn't even hear what they were playing.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #645608
05/01/12 03:05 AM
05/01/12 03:05 AM
Over Here < < in TX
U talkin' da me ?? Offline
Shiny Brass
U talkin' da me ??  Offline
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
It's just when they did stadiums and the technology just wasn't there to justify those performances, andthe Beatles indeed not able to hear themselves over the screaming girls, who really probably weren't even sure what those guys were playing or cared honestly.

But, by 1968 (Monterey Pop Festival), and surely by Woodstock (August 1969), all of the Beatles had to know that their was ample amplification available for any band to overcome crowd noise for a Rock'n'Roll show.

But, The Bealtes, before they split up, still chose not to go on the road, even for a limited set of dates. That was their choice.

But only after breaking up, all of the Beatles chose to tour.

I was making plans to go and see my first Beatle in concert, until that psycho Mark David Chapman murdered John Lennon, a loving father, and a loving husband. I hope that C/S Chapman never gets paroled!!!

"It's nothing personal, Sonny....... It's strictly business."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull